• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 4, 2020

    Tech Support - (Noob here) what are video switchers for?(live streaming) Why dont they just use OBS?

    Tech Support - (Noob here) what are video switchers for?(live streaming) Why dont they just use OBS?


    (Noob here) what are video switchers for?(live streaming) Why dont they just use OBS?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:25 PM PST

    Is there a diffrence between hardware based live streaming? Using, live stream devices, or OBS (software based) ??

    submitted by /u/Sephoyy
    [link] [comments]

    Which new phone for reading, listening to audiobooks/music and taking pictures?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:51 AM PST

    I'm looking for a new phone, but I've no idea which phone would meet my requirements or how to find out without reading a large number of reviews on phones. My current Samsung Galaxy S9 annoys me.

    Mostly I use my phone for reading and listening to audiobooks & music (with 3.5mm earphones) and taking photographs of nature. I also use it as an agenda, alarm, timer and wiki. I hardly ever use it to communicate, I prefer other means.

    • For reading I find deep blacks important, as I often read in the dark. So no LCD. Is OLED the only option?
    • I also can't stand a cruved screen, when reading in the sun it's so much harder not to get blinded by reflection of sunlight. When I look at pictures of phones I find it hard to make out whether they use a cruved display, how can I tell if they don't specify this in the specifications?
    • For listening to audio it would be nice to have a low noise DAC for sensitive IEMs. How do I find out the audio quality of phones?
    • For taking pictures I find the lack of telelens hard to deal with. My current main lens is very wide when compared to what I see with my eyes. I require OIS, I shoot from the hand. What do I need to look for in the specifications of the lens to get a FOV like my eyes give me?
    • I think the image quality of my S9 is too grainy. Is the quality of current sensor + telelens much improved or is the difference negligible? Is there a way to compare this?

    I don't have a data plan (and regularly aren't within reach of a cell tower), I use Kiwix to load offline wikipedia and wikis (about 110GB total). I also have a vast music library of flac ripped cds. Audible also takes up quite some space. I need a minimum of 500GB, preferably more space. Now I use a MicroSD card, but if the storage is on the phone that would work too.

    I would prefer a phone without a locked bootloader, since I plan on using it for 5 years and will probably want to use it to tinker with after I've replaced it. Like I am planning to with my S9.

    Could you help answer these questions, guide me towards a path to find answers or perhaps recommend a phone that meets these requirements?

    submitted by /u/pecorisal
    [link] [comments]

    is it possible to make a darkness(absence of light) detector camera?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:52 PM PST

    so it will be a great night mode camera. after writing it felt like stupid question /:

    submitted by /u/HezarfenDOC
    [link] [comments]

    Which part of the Bluetooth stack is responsible for microphone (call) quality?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 04:45 AM PST

    I have new wireless earbuds that have very bad microphone quality on Windows, Linux, and iPadOS. However, call quality on my Galaxy S10E is pretty good.

    I've read a lot about Bluetooth versions, modes, codecs and so on. As far as I can tell, all of my tested connections use the exact same configuration: BT 5.0 with HFP profile with Wideband Speech codec.

    I don't understand how microphone quality can be so much better on my Android device than on any other device, seemingly running the exact same mode. Is it the Bluetooth chip? Driver? The signal processing? Is Android running some artificial call quality improvements?

    submitted by /u/InexorableIbis-
    [link] [comments]

    Some one posted on a sub that im a part of asking for help trying to find a suicide hotline I made them agree on a certain time i would check on the through pm Cause no suicide right Its been three hours since then .

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 07:03 AM PST

    I need to know if there is a away to find there address so i can have some one heck on them PLZ i might be over reacting but This is IMPORTANT

    submitted by /u/yagirlkaitlinTG
    [link] [comments]

    Uninterrupted Power Supply Brownouts

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 08:21 AM PST

    I've done enough unproductive research on UPS to warrant a post here. Slowly amassing parts to build my first PC, and I'd like to protect it from primarily from brownouts. Obviously blackouts are also a factor.

    Current condition: When my HE washing machine spins, the lights dim in my office for about 0.5 s approximately every 2.0 s. I've never seen a change in my computer monitor, but I can hear a slight modulation in my mid-low end stereo system when playing vinyl.

    What kind of a cheap, ~300W UPS do I need? Would something like a APC BE1070M1 work? Limited to 5.7" height with sideways outlets.

    submitted by /u/YaManViktor
    [link] [comments]

    Virtual networking platform options other than Zoom

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:56 AM PST

    The company I intern for hosts virtual events. What they want is a virtual platform that will allow members to network after our events more easily. Zoom's breakout rooms are VERY limited. They are looking for options to make it easy for members to decide who they go into a break out room with for a one on one conversation. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Into_The_Wild_1313
    [link] [comments]

    My coworker need help before she mental breakdown

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Context : I'm working in a recruitment agency. Our job is basically to answer the phone and talking with client / candidates

    Issue : My coworker is a victim of spoofing. A fraud company use her professional number to call random people and try to hoax them (asking for money) . Now she receive no kidding more than a 100 call / day of random and very angry people.

    Question : Is their anything she can do knowing that

    - She cannot block call since we need to answer ou candidates / Clients
    - She already called her operator who said " Meh"
    - We filled a formal complaint to the police who said " Wut"

    Is their any solution ?

    Thank's a lot !

    submitted by /u/Naywo2
    [link] [comments]

    Analog stick deadzone, any way to fix it?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:12 AM PST

    So I just got a pair of knockoff joycons, these in particular, and they're pretty good, expect for the fact that they have a pretty large deadzone. Is it something that I can fix by soldering a new and better pair of analog sticks or nah?

    submitted by /u/Bluxen
    [link] [comments]

    Is Intel Lakefield relevant as currently we have Dynamic Frequency?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 10:50 AM PST

    All modern CPUs have Dynamic frequency scaling (also known as CPU throttling). This is great to save battery. Then, finally Intel release Lakefield architecture which is comprised of i5 Core and Atom cores (similar to big.LITTLE configuration). Is this still relevant? I wonder the outcomes/benefits will be the same.

    submitted by /u/tecepeipe
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Macbook Air vs. iPad Pro?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 01:49 PM PST

    I own a Macbook Pro 13" from 2015 that's about to die and will cost more to repair the issues than to replace. I've been very happy with this laptop for a while, but am now looking at other options.

    I'm about to be a student in a theatre program in the UK (I'm currently US-based), so I'm hoping to buy a lightweight, easily portable laptop/tablet option. I've never owned a tablet before, but I've been thinking of trying out an iPad Pro. The main things I need in a laptop/tablet are word processing, storage for photos, internet, and the ability to edit movies (nothing fancy, but I am an actor and may need to film and edit auditions throughout the pandemic).

    Any advice on the pros and cons of either of these would be super appreciated! Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/_Amp3rsand
    [link] [comments]

    KVM Switch for Work Laptop and personal Desktop PC

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 01:29 PM PST

    With COVID I'm having to do a lot more working at home. I have my own Desktop PC set up, but use a Surface Pro for work.

    I'd like the ability to plug my surface in and be able to use the monitor/keyboard/mouse, and a little searching points me towards KVM switches.

    Would this be my best option? If so, any recommendations?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/open_thoughts
    [link] [comments]

    What would it take to implement multiplayer on old games nes/snes/ps/Dreamcast etc

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 01:18 PM PST

    So with the release of mini consoles Nes/SNES/PS/Gensis/megadrive retro gaming is super popular.

    Before asking the main question, first the premise:

    Taking old games and making them virtual and creating one platform for all of them. So all nes/snes/mega drive/ps etc are all under one digital platform. One mega classic digital Gamestore

    (Let's just pretend that is possible for a second in pretend land)

    The question is:

    Would it be technically possible to create a "main multiplayer platform" for all them to run on or would each game have to be coded additionally to be able to implement multiplayer. (Assuming here that the game in question has multiplayer option originally. Super Mario kart, mortal kombat, final gift etc etc)

    I hope this make sense.

    Another way to put it, could there exist one underplaying platform that handles all multiplayer experience, I mean it's basically the same procedure every time on all multiplayer games right?

    Street fighter, I choose player one another chooses Player two, game starts, and frequently the game is processed and then Inputs and update and input Update. (Or maybe my thinking is wrong here?)

    It is extremely simplifying things, but I am not that all that technical in network and server etc, so without getting to technical about would it be possible?

    I know some emulation sites already are doing this (?)

    And I am not looking to play cross platform or anything like that.

    Let's just say that I have digital version of Mortal Kim at 1 on snes version and so does my friend. Could we play online against each other without additional coding needed to the original game, could the Multiplayer part be handled by some other program?

    Thanks, hope this was clear enough... 😅🙏🏽

    submitted by /u/Bobba_fat
    [link] [comments]

    ATEN vs IOGear KVM switches

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 12:29 PM PST

    Well, was about to pull the trigger on a new KVM, replacing my IOgear GCS1734, that is quiet possibly 2004 vintage,...ATEN owns IOGear though - is there any reason to buy one KVM other the other? I'm specifically looking at the ATEN CS1924 and the IOGear GCS1934. Is the roughly $75 more the ATEN might cost going to net me anything? Better wallwarts? Better cables?

    submitted by /u/uprightHippie
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] 2 GPU vs SLI

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:01 AM PST

    Hey,

    So my current GPU is gtx 1070, and I bought a new rtx 3070 (It will arrive in 2 days).

    I'm using the cards mostly for deep learning (and a bit of gaming) in dual boot/ubuntu. The problem with the both cars they only have 8GB of ram, while many deep learning tasks require 12GB and more. I was thinking instead of selling my current gtx 1070, to use both of the cards together to have effectively 16GB of vram. (Current motherboard is B550, with 750W PSU)

    My questions are:

    1. I read that rtx 3070 doesn't support SLI, but what is the difference between SLI to just connecting 2 GPUs to the Motherboard? I need both cards for deep learning (using pytorch + cuda mainly), not for games.
    2. Can 2 different series of card can even work together?
    submitted by /u/HoLeeFaak
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech mouse doesn’t work with lenovo computer.

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 09:34 AM PST

    My Logitech mouse isn't working with my Lenovo pc. The mouse has battery and in theory would work but for some reason is lifeless when I plug it in. All my other mouses work and im thinking it's a problem with some Logitech software that downloaded automatically when I use my mouse. Can anyone help ?

    submitted by /u/yeezy_aj1
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out of Minecraft, What can I do?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 08:06 AM PST

    My minecraft account is linked to an ["@sbcglobal.net](mailto:"@sbcglobal.net)" email address I have not logged into in over a decade. I got logged out and tried to log back in. It had been a while so I forgot my password, but every variant of my usual password failed. Eventually I went to the website to reset my password, but it wouldn't let me login to that email (it kept redirecting to AT&T, and I don't have an AT&T account). I thought I could just make a new account with my current email, but I'd have to pay again to be able to play it (even though I already have it downloaded). Also, I have no idea if I would be able to access my old worlds on the new account on this computer. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/DragonLance11
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment