• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 5, 2020

    Tech Support - Accidentally looked up something inappropriate on my personal phone while signed into school account

    Tech Support - Accidentally looked up something inappropriate on my personal phone while signed into school account


    Accidentally looked up something inappropriate on my personal phone while signed into school account

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 10:11 PM PST

    When I was signed into my school account I(17M) on my personal iPhone XR connected to Nord VPN connected my house WiFi I accidentally searched something inappropriate in the google search bar like truly real inappropriate things while signed into my school account and I want to know if the school will see it. And I want to know how to completely delete and wipe that history from the school google account I did it on. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    RFID blocking wallet working too well?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:10 PM PST

    Ok so the company I work for issues each employee a HID Proximity card for clocking in/out. I have what is basically a generic Ridge Wallet with RFID blocking. I tried to attach my key card to the outside of the wallet for convenience sake, as that's where I'd keep it but saves me from having to pull it out for use. But it didnt seem to work while attached to the wallet.

    Is it possible the RFID blocking capability extends beyond the inside of the wallet a bit? If not what's going on? The key card works perfectly fine when it's not attached.

    submitted by /u/soggyraspberry
    [link] [comments]

    Need some ideas regarding competition of Future tech

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 01:46 AM PST

    I have a competition regarding Future technology where I need some ideas on:

    • an Invention related to technology that could be really helpful and be incorporated in everyone's life in future. I need something out of the box. What device or technology Should I go for?

    Remember, it can be fictional but it has to be practical. Please help me.

    submitted by /u/throwaway6859494
    [link] [comments]

    Now that Sprint and Tmobile haver merged, will sprint work with GSM unlocked phones now, only CDMA, or both?

    Posted: 05 Nov 2020 12:45 AM PST

    Issues with a second monitor being too zoomed in

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:34 AM PST

    I have a dual monitor setup, the second is a samsung.

    Connected my pc to the tv last night for the election and when I switched back to the monitor it is way too zoomed in.

    I have already tried adjusted display settings for scale, using Ease of Access to make sure the magnifier is normal.

    I have updated all drivers and I am out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?

    submitted by /u/rhetoricandlogic17
    [link] [comments]

    need help finding bios update for my motherboard

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 10:39 PM PST

    have acer IPISB-VR motherboard from gateway DX4860, need to update bios so it can support the i7 chips for lga 1155 sockets

    having trouble finding the update online though, has been real headache, didnt even know I had to update it bc it said online my motherboard supported this cpu so i took it for granted, had to take new cpu out, clean thermal paste off, and put old cpu in just for this

    any help would be appreciated

    edit : motherboard is acer ipisb-vr rev 1.01 to be exact

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Wearable for random alerts & silent alarm clock

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 11:32 AM PST

    I need a wearable which is able to do two things:

    - I want it to do random alerts / alerts all 20-30 minutes - to remind me about sitting / standing straight and not banana-like

    - I want to have a strong vibrating alarm so my wife and kid don't wake up in the morning

    It shouldn't cost too much as I don't need most of the features wearables offer. Local data and not cloud would be much appreciated.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Sooooopertrack
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing the screen glass on a Samsung S8

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:45 PM PST

    So, I recently tried to remove the glass cover from my Samsung S8.

    Unfortunately, when I removed it, I also took off a thin, black layer that was between the screen and the glass. Now, when I turn on the phone, I can't see anything.

    So, question:

    1. What is this layer called?
    2. Can I buy a replacement?
    submitted by /u/draken2019
    [link] [comments]

    Box tv beeping

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:59 PM PST

    So theres this old box tv, real heavy one.

    Whenever it turns on it makes this horrendous ringing sound that sometimes gives me headaches. Why is this happening and how do i fix it?

    submitted by /u/Hey-reddit-im-dad
    [link] [comments]

    Does streaming a video save it in a temp folder?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 06:31 PM PST

    Is streaming internally same as downloading?

    submitted by /u/HalfLife0693
    [link] [comments]

    Escape key problem

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Yeah so i just got a new 60% mechanical keyboard with no software, and the designers was really dumb with this one. The esc key is replaced with ~ key. Anyone know how i can edit it so that it ~ is actually a esc button?

    submitted by /u/TheRespond
    [link] [comments]

    Unintentionally Uninstalled Firefox from my Android Note 10+ ----- HELP!

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 04:24 PM PST

    Wont bother with the backstory, too weird anyway.

    As the title says, I accidentally uninstalled Firefox from my Android Note 10+ phone. They only thing I really want/need are the bookmarks. No, I did not synch the phone and laptop, preferred not to.

    Is there a way I can:

    • Reinstall the uninstalled the Firefox from cache or memory,

    • Where do uninstalled apps go in an Android? Can I retrieve from there?

    • is there a way I can salvage the bookmarks?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/awwman_
    [link] [comments]

    Mirroring android device on windows

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 09:14 AM PST

    I have broken my mobile screen recently and thought of using it for testing apps. Is there any way i can mirror my mobile screen to my laptop without tapping a thing in mobile as it is not working ? Since i cannot tap ok on scrcpy and Vysor app allow debugging dialog are there any other suggestions ?

    Developers mode is enabled.

    submitted by /u/Fox_master123
    [link] [comments]

    Has Facebook made any money out of me?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:24 AM PST

    I've used it for a decade to post photos and talk to friends, but never clicked on any advertisement or been a member of any groups.

    submitted by /u/bumfluff69420
    [link] [comments]

    Motheboard/onboard speaker buzzing sound

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:07 PM PST

    Motherboard/onboard speaker buzzing randomly and during startups (sporadic). What could be the issue here - never ran into this before?

    submitted by /u/memphistwo
    [link] [comments]

    best invoice creation software, that lets you write different billing addresses into it automatically?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 01:01 PM PST

    Im currently using Microsoft word to make invoices, and im using the mail merge feature to automatically write addresses into each invoice , but im wondering if theres a better program available or is word the best for this?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    switch

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 12:34 PM PST

    can i find a site to fill in my requirement to buy a network switch and he give me an offer of a switch in the market ? pls help

    submitted by /u/MR_Chandler16
    [link] [comments]

    how to emulate a version of OpenGL higher than the one your gpu supports?

    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 08:34 AM PST

    Ok so there is a certain game i want to play. when it comes to the requirements, the game is pretty light, the only thing that is preventing me from running the game is my old gpu that doesn't support OpenGL 3, after searching for a while i came across someone talking about the possibility of emulating OpenGL 3, but i didn't get an explanation of how to do it. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    For more specific information, I need OpenGL 3.3 to run the game and the game is called 5d chess with multiverse time travel.

    submitted by /u/kenjikun1390
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment