• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    Tech Support - Usb-C recommendations needed: third usb-c port

    Tech Support - Usb-C recommendations needed: third usb-c port


    Usb-C recommendations needed: third usb-c port

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    Yes, I'm looking for a hub I can use with my laptop, and (Huawei) tablet. These both have USB-C ports, so that's what I need advice on.

    From my research, most hubs have 2x USB-C ports. One is dedicated to providing power to laptop / tablet, while second port goes to actual device.

    My Problem: I want to attach a Samsung T7 portable SSD, which uses a USB-C port. To use that with a hub, the hub needs a THIRD USB-C port. Which is Extremely hard to find!

    Sure, I could use an adapter cable, and suffer a reduced transfer speed. It just seems a ridiculous state of affairs, and maybe someone here knows of a hub with a bit more native USB-C support.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/soupie62
    [link] [comments]

    Can you only port forward with a router?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    routers with 1Gb/s ports are expensive and I don't need the Wi-Fi so I was wondering if there is a Router like thing that has 1Gb/s without Wi-fi and is cheap (around 30-40$ lower if possible) and can port forward.

    submitted by /u/brofist4u
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people hate scrolling inertia?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    Can I drive a street car with a gaming controller?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    Teen Titans had a cool scene where gizmo took cyborg's car for a joy ride by doing nothing other than plugging in a universal gaming controller.

    I know the military uses Xbox controllers to drive bots to diffuse bombs. Shouldn't be so hard? I mean we drive cars in video games all the time. Gta, Halo, Cod, etc. Is there like an OBD 2 port plug in available?

    submitted by /u/wallmic
    [link] [comments]

    Can I connect my Mobile headphone OUT (3.5mm) to another mobile microphone IN (3.5mm)?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    Can I connect my Mobile [Mobile-A] headphone OUT (3.5mm) to another mobile [Mobile-B] microphone IN (3.5mm)? I want to use Mobile-B real-time to record the audio out from Mobile-A. Is it possible? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/doveletchan
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run cables in high temperatures?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    My Company just told me that I'll be working from home forever now, so they have been sending me a computer and desk to get my setup permanently installed here. I don't think the designer of this building cared much for electricity, outlets are few and far between. The nearest outlet that can reach my desk is above the oven, but it looks like shit when I run a wire over the counter into another room. I can fit the cable in the gap between the oven and the counter which hides it very well on the way to the floor. But I am concerned about having a Power Strips cable touching the oven when its on.

    Should I avoid this? Google tells me the outsides of ovens can get up to 200 degrees, but I have no way of measuring this temp on my oven. At the hottest point the wire would be in contact with, it felt too hot to hold on for more than two seconds, but didnt burn me. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/sean1493
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about making an app monetized...

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    I'm making an app, and I'm having difficulty figuring out monetization. Ads would work, but I don't want any crappy mobile game ads. I want actual ads. I want to not impede on the users experience. For now, the only non-instrusive methods I can think of are good ads and pay-for-themes. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/HenriHawk_
    [link] [comments]

    Should I opt for Masters? Currently in 3rd year studying computer engineering in India. Competitive programmer, well versed in python, C++, java etc.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    My future or long term plan is to settle in a foreign country, The reasons are: I love to travel, Expansion of knowledge such as learning different cultures etc. The other main reason is that I have lived in the United States for about 4 years and I really enjoyed my time there, the culture, the ease of living. By a foreign country, I don't specially mean the United States, just any country such as Canada, Switzerland etc.

    Well, I am in a dilemma here.. Here are the ways that I thought of:

    1) Do masters in the specified country and then get a job in that country itself.

    Cons - Sacrifice 2 years of experience. Invest first in my masters and accommodation/ spending money

    Pros - Can do part time in computer field at the same time while doing masters. After getting a job in the specified country, The 2 years of investment/money spent can be worth it. Higher salary after doing masters and 2 years of money spent can be recovered in lesser time.

    2) Do masters here in India.

    Cons - Opportunities are there, but there is too much competition. Even if I get into a good company which has many projects out of the country, there's still a very low probability of going to a different country. Yes, companies TCS, Google, Facebook, Microsoft etc sends various employees out of country but that's very unlikely.

    Pros - Easy standard of living.

    3) Not doing Masters at all - Experience is greater than everything and that might be true.

    Any sort of advice will be appreciated!

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Wild_Masterpiece8166
    [link] [comments]

    How do I setup my own gaming router for AT&T Fiber Internet?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    I have just bought a gaming router to hopefully fix some of my gaming issues (really its just lag) and I'm trying to predict ahead what the gameplan is to installing this modem. Do I bridge the router with the gateway router? Will that increase latency? Can I replace the ISP router and use mine?

    As you may know, AT&T gives out these default wifi routers and a required modem for the Fiber internet. I have the BGW210-700 Gateway and it has a "Cascaded Router" settings which I assume is equivalent to Bridge Settings. I also do see this IP Passthrough which seems like what I want to do but not exactly sure.

    submitted by /u/CorageousTiger
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy/build something that emits a 5g signal from my pocket to annoy my GF’s step father

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    My girlfriend's step father is a 5g conspiracy theorist and organises rallies and all sorts of stuff. Her mother and the rest of the family think he's a nutjob for it all but tolerate his shit. I want to build or buy something that emits a 5g signal from my pocket. I don't care what the signal is doing as long as it is 5g and constantly going during a short visit just for laughs.

    Can anyone suggest a way to do this? I have some Arduino parts at home from a time when I wanted to muck around with microcomputers but never got the time to get much into it. I'm happy to order stuff online and assemble it if there is enough instruction on how to do it.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Amemorablename
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet is VERY Slow

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    I just got an Ethernet connection and it is stuck at very slow speeds but when my dad plugs into his laptop it gets 500 Mb. I have the latest drivers installed from my mobo website as well. What could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/JoshPlayz8311
    [link] [comments]

    Can I disable HDCP on AMD w/o complications?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I see the toggle in settings, I realise that's it's some useless hardware protection against copying copyrighted content that always gets cracked anyways/ppl can buy extension to record it regardless.

    I want to disable it but I have some questions

    1. Will having it enabled slow down games and/or make the video output of my graphics card unnecessarily encrypted and requiring higher bandwidths? Using older HDMI cable and TV so would rather not have issues with it being enabled

    2) Will I still be able to stream netflix, crunchyroll, disney+ at 1080p/4k if I disable it? Will games like Skyrim SE still be at full-quality? I don't record copyrighted shit idk why large corporations are trying to dictate every little thing we do with the hardware we own (not to mention I heard it's unbelievably easy to get around)

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Which one is better? (Core i5 10300H or Core i7 1065G7)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    im trying to get delta emulator on my iphone 8

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    im having allot of trouble anyone think they can help me or send me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/appleseedjoe
    [link] [comments]

    Stream local files with friends?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Lockdown is back and I wanna watch movies with friends over stream, not youtube videos, not netflix, things i actually own and wont be allowed due to copyright on streaming sites like twitch and youtube, what's a program that does this? We've been planning a horror movie marathon for october for a while and wanna still be able to do this.

    submitted by /u/shittothecore
    [link] [comments]

    What is the "Wireless USB (technology)" and is it still used today?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    It was mentioned in some computer course. I looked up what it is on google but all the results are of a decade-old articles. Is it deprecated technology?

    submitted by /u/Richi4k
    [link] [comments]

    Web-based interface for collecting data + analyzing it?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    Hi all, my boss has asked me to find a web-based interface for data collection, and I'm not sure what search terms to use.

    Background: I work for a non-profit library that is the 'county seat' for our county of 8 public libraries. Every month, we present a sheet of data to the Board of Directors showing our various numbers from the past month compared to the same month a year prior. (If anyone needs a sample of this report/sheet, I can share one.) It includes things like how many people visited our website, how many items were checked out, how many computer sessions occurred, etc.

    What I'm looking for: My boss would like to have some sort of website/interface that each department head can visit to enter their unique data each month, which will be stored within the website for 18 months. The interface would then take all of the data, make some small calculations, and create a final 'fill in the blank' report that we can then submit each month.

    What I've found so far: My searching has found a lot of BI software, or software that requires excel spreadsheets to be uploaded each time for analysis. Many of the department heads that work for my library are far from the technological elite, and sometimes struggle to answer emails. I would like to avoid file uploads if at all possible, to limit any potential mishaps from occurring.

    Does anyone have any tips/tricks or suggestions for how I can go about trying to find the solution I'm looking for? TIA!

    submitted by /u/Maid-DeLa-Mer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment