• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Tech Support - Can an HDMI splitter give me 2 different pictures?

    Tech Support - Can an HDMI splitter give me 2 different pictures?


    Can an HDMI splitter give me 2 different pictures?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    Trying to complete my WFH setup. I have an HP laptop with an HDMI port and 2 Dell monitors. If I run an HDMI cable from the laptop to the splitter, and then connect each of the monitors to the splitter, will that give me the dual monitor setup or will it only duplicate the same image?

    This is the splitter I have https://www.rocketfishproducts.com/pdp/RF-G1502/5293804 i just don't want to unbox in case I have to return it

    submitted by /u/redbandit236
    [link] [comments]

    Can logging into reddit with someone else's foreign gmail account make my computer slow? Or is it the recent windows 10 update?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    So I have a fairly new pen pal from the Philippines and they wanted to make a reddit account to do a few things. After watching their confusion and bumbling I told them I'd do it for them.

    They made an account with their gmail and gave it to me so I could log in. Keep in mind this was shortly after a Windows 10 update I had, and bc the two were so short time apart Idk which could have done this.

    So I was logged into the reddit woth their avcount for a day when my computer started running slow and I couldn't figure out why. I logged out of their account and removed it from my account list and I think it helped? And I recently did a system admin thing where I fixed some corrupted files too. My 3 anti-malwares are telling me no threats were detected at all, even on deep scans and while looking for rootkits too.

    I'm honestly clueless bc my computer ran a lot faster but now even when I fixed the files and removed their gmail it still lags and doesnt run as smooth as it did.

    Anyone has suggestions or insight into this? System restore wouldn't work if it helps.

    submitted by /u/Anonicon69
    [link] [comments]

    Arrow keys on Windows 10 laptop not working

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    This problem just started today. I don't know why, but only the up arrow key is working. None of the others do anything and I don't know why. Any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Return2Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    what format does windows explorer use for tagging music?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    im using an ID3 editor to edit the title name of a song, but for some reason when i vew the file in windows explorer the title hasnt changed. eg i created a new song with the title "3.4 1-runtime-error.rx2[Trimmed]" https://i.imgur.com/q5AeAQ7.png but when i view this song in windows explorer the title is still the same as original https://i.imgur.com/Ofzzuvi.png so im wondering what tag format does windows explorer use?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Are there organizations that track you across different browsers?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    I generally use different browsers for different purposes (for example, I have a general browser and a finance browser) and recently I've started to worry a bit more about my privacy (prompted by a spam email on an email address not under my real name using my real name).

    Because of this, I wonder, is it possible there are orgs out there that track you across browsers. Does clearing your cookies when you switch browsers help or would that not really have an impact since cookie activity is limited to the browser they're on (if I understand correctly)?

    submitted by /u/SelonNerias
    [link] [comments]

    How does computer change battery usage on hardware level?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I don't know how to google this question. I want to know how the computer tells the battery to give more power and less power on hardware level.

    As far as I understand, battery chemical process makes electricity. So speed of chemical process must remain same?

    How is it that when computer off, no battery drain, when programming medium battery drain, but playing game and lots of battery drain? How does battery know?

    submitted by /u/creepyrabbit123
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade from fossil watch to apple watch

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I have smartwatch which named Q Marshall (fossil) it going to slow when i used google fit tracking my running exercise. I will make a decision buy the new one is Apple Watch s3 (42mm thought), does it worth ? i'm using Iphone for listen music and not interesting at pickup phone on watch, change music on watch,...etc just using for make statistic on my running exercise like GPS, count how many calories i burn, how many kilometer,.. and water resistance is good ;)

    submitted by /u/HungTranNguyen
    [link] [comments]

    How to use my IP camera for teleconferencing?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    I have an amcrest IP camera and I'm wondering if I can present it to my computer as a virtual camera on MacOS?

    I found webcamoid, but as far as I can tell it's not fully Mac compatible just yet.

    https://github.com/webcamoid/webcamoid/wiki/Virtual-camera-support

    FOSS preferred! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jsalas1
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best phone camera right now?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Samsung and iPhone are both pretty good. What's your preference?

    submitted by /u/stallionofcinnamon
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor with HDMI to my GPU's DisplayPort

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Hi guys! New to this subreddit.

    Could someone please explain what I need so I could have my Monitor with a HDMI working on my GPU's DisplayPort 1.4? I'm not sure what kind of converter/adapter I need, I keep reading like a female/male end of the cable and I'm not sure what that means.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Nataaaaal
    [link] [comments]

    I have a dvd movie I would like to somehow watch on my iPhone. How would copy the dvd to make it a file on my iphone? I can’t find this on streaming services anywhere

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Looking for a (pad)lock that I can control online

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I am looking for something like a padlock that is connected to the Internet so I can lock/unlock it from anywhere. After a brief search I only found locks that do this via Bluetooth or in local networks.

    I would be happy about any ideas or feedback.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/love10000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment