• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Tech Support - If a website that uses Open Source code become successful, are the creators of that code entitled to a share in the profits of the site?

    Tech Support - If a website that uses Open Source code become successful, are the creators of that code entitled to a share in the profits of the site?


    If a website that uses Open Source code become successful, are the creators of that code entitled to a share in the profits of the site?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    I know Open Source roughly means free for others to use.

    But does this extend to situations where a site becomes very profitable? What should the creator of a site that uses Open Source code expect in a situation like this?

    Are there different types of Open Source code, some 'more' free, and some 'less'?

    Is Open Source synonymous with 'absolutely free with no possibility of clawback,' or is it more complicated?

    Thanks if you provide any help.

    submitted by /u/mattinpatxi
    [link] [comments]

    can I use 61 watts MacBook adapter on a power bank

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    hey guys,

    I have zendure a8pd power bank, and it charges in 5 hours If I used USB type C. I wanna use my MacBook power adapter (61 watts) on the power bank (max 30 watts) cuz I don't wanna buy another adapter just for the power bank.

    so can I charge safely!

    submitted by /u/_afoan
    [link] [comments]

    sd card issues

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    I mount a sd card on my A20s samsung phone because I'm put off internal storage.I want to set the sd card to internal storage.When I google how to,I says to move some apps to the sd card.I followed the steps but when i clicked on an app storage,there was no change storage like the video indicated. Pls help.

    submitted by /u/NotStupidGodd
    [link] [comments]

    Used phone advises in Canada.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Hey, I want to buy a used phone in Canada for around 500$ give or take. had no other place to take some advice so I headed this way. I was looking for a used phone preferably an android. please shoot up any suggestions or advice you guys might have. Feel free to point me to the right subreddit for this question if this is not the one.

    submitted by /u/balraj_chahal07
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever video games get to looking like real life graphically, is there any way they'd be able to get any better from there?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    Would digital distribution of games stop piracy?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    Regarding recent news that some moddera got caught for modding consoles for piracy purposes. Wouldn't redistributing games digitally potentially stop all of that or would hackers be able to extract some sort of .exe(?) or executable(?) file and redistribute them. Now I understand that those are different subject but my point is how to stop piracy?

    Steaming games would also be an option to stop, since you can't/won't really need to download executable files? All computing is done in the companies servers and just streamed(?) to the player.

    Any input from anyone with actual experience in this field would be appreciated unlike speculations. I am already doing the speculation here 😅🙏🏽

    submitted by /u/Bobba_fat
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if someone coded color over 255?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    In a computer program, what would happen if someone programmed a color value over 255? Would the program break? Would it just return an error? Would the color be defaulted to 255? What about negative numbers?

    submitted by /u/HenriHawk_
    [link] [comments]

    Request: Trying to convert wired headphones wireless

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    How does infrastructure work with Agile?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    My company is transitioning to Agile and all the training we receive is from people who implemented it with app developers.

    When we ask how it will apply to infrastructure, we just get "that's a great question...". I just don't see how we can do sprints or keep a limited WIP when our work involves firmware upgrades, hardware replacements, and troubleshooting end users. All that work is spread over months, with multiple teams..not 2 weeks.

    submitted by /u/Fireworkwizard
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help with this wifi icon that keeps disappearing and disconnecting then eventually shows up after I restart the computer.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Apparently, the connections started to pop up outta nowhere and it seems to be connecting again after I restart it then a couple seconds later it's already disconnected. Anybody who can lend a hand? I am just connecting to my neighbor next door and all I can think of is that the laptop is the problem because the WIFI icon is gone and no wifi networks are showing up. Just need some help, I'm trying to compile all my work.

    submitted by /u/siopaosamurai
    [link] [comments]

    no brainer to buy a printers without seperate drum?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    i work in small office and i deal with the tech stuff

    so basically over the years i have experienced printers for example brother brand

    in which u have to change the toner and then also after 20,000 pages u have to change the drum

    while i had some printers that had no drum in the printer, its just that the toner cartridge comes with the drum everytime or some way or anything the drum never needs to be replaced.

    so now the thing is i hate changing the drum in the printer because its always so costly and i tried amazon drums and there always garbage. so for the past few years i ran canon and hp printers and it was golden, i would regularly order the toner from amazon for $20-30 and it was always a cheap way to print black and white. it seems like for canon the drum is installed on the aftermarket toners too and we never had problems with quality or anything. after x amount of years the printer would break and we would get new ones. my most trustworthy printers have been the canon imageclass mf6160dw. i believe the current one is from 2016 and its been going strong and has been cheap to replace toner. i had a couple brother and a dell in the past and basically it was annoying to change the drum and expensive and or they wouldnt work well with amazon toner or amazon drums.

    i will never pay retail for real toner cartridges, and for example the canon 119 amazon one says its good for 6400 pages for $22 cad

    so the thing is i need new printers for an office expansion and i have done my research and it seems like its hard to find the type of printrer i want. i love the older imageclass i feel like quality was better back in the day and have been trying to find imageclass 6160dw or something like that locally but no go.

    basically with my short research it seems like the next printer i am going for is going to be the canon mf236n which seems to be a low end printer idk if the duty cycle will be as good as the imageclass 6160dw or im going to be going for a mf445dw since it seems to be on sale. it seems like all the other imageclass have the annoying seperate drum and toner

    so what am i missing here? isnt it a no brainer to buy the types of printers that im buying in which u dont have to change out a seperate drum? however the thing is now they seem to be near impossible to find. not sure if its a money grab thing but it seems like all printer manufacturers and evne canon are swithcing to toner + drum seperate which is annoying imo. $$ is what matters and i dont think these printers have been less reliable but i could be wrong

    discuss!

    submitted by /u/rpelich
    [link] [comments]

    You all are so helpful will you help me find a used graphics tablet to run in OS X 10.7.5?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    I have an ancient Lion computer drive partition and my parents lost my Adobe discs and I cannot afford Creative Cloud. My Wacom Intuos 2 is not supported anymore and installing a 10.7 driver on 10.7.5 OS X seems to have broken the computer. All of a sudden System Preferences won't display a window so I can configure the tablet.

    So I think my choices are: 1, uninstall the driver And use the tablet unconfigured— works slow and wonky 2. Get a newer tablet with driver for 10.7.5

    Any thoughts on why System Preferences suddenly won't display a window (says it loaded in top bar interface and is active app but no menu choices get me a window with options)?

    Or recommendations for graphics tablets from 2012 that use usb or Bluetooth and don't have embedded lcd screens are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/chawan_mantis
    [link] [comments]

    Can I see when data was used when I check my phone bill?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    When I'm paying off my phone bill is there a way I can see the time or date where I used specific amounts of data?

    submitted by /u/5x5x8
    [link] [comments]

    Alternating between 2 identical earphones sets on a single laptop for unlimited battery

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Is it possible? I am aiming to use 1 pair while the other charges, and when battery is empty, switch to the other pair then rinse and repeat. From what I understand most BT connections are 1-1 pairs which means I'll have to manually (or with a python script) switch every couple of hours between the pairs of earphones.

    submitted by /u/kettuhfdg
    [link] [comments]

    AT&T iPhone Usage

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    My mom likes to stalk how long I use my phone every day using our AT&T Account, and harasses me about it a lot.

    I was wondering if there's a way to disable AT&T from seeing how long I am on my phone? Is it possible?

    submitted by /u/thisduuuuuuudddeeee
    [link] [comments]

    What tablet is the most appropriate for my needs and my budget?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    I am looking to get a tablet under $150 (I've been looking new and used on eBay). It would be used for work which involves taking pictures of good. My major needs are: decent battery, decent camera, compatible with Verizon for data. I've looked a lot on eBay but am hesitant to spend any amount of money to risk the tablet not meeting one of my needs. I don't know much at all about tech but I want to make an informed decision, thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/pizzaheadstand
    [link] [comments]

    Changing speed on fan blacks out computer screen.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    I've got a fan with three speeds, if I change the speed on it then one of my two computer screens blacks out for a second.

    I have since changed outlet for the fan and so far I don't still have the problem but my question is, what makes this happen? Why when I change speed?

    submitted by /u/nivagsennicm
    [link] [comments]

    Drawing Tablets question

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Hi, all! I hope I'm in the right place. I know that there is a wide variety of drawing tablets out there, and they all have different prices and all, which great. But my question is- are there any drawing tablets that I can connect to my phone rather than a computer? I don't have a reliable computer right now and being able to have this tablet on the go would be a lot more convenient. I know there are the free standing ones, but those seem to be extra pricey and I just can't afford something like that.

    Edit: I have some more details I want to throw out here. I was able to find a free drawing app for android and downloaded it to my old Galaxy Note 5. The note has a stylus attached to it, which is awesome, but the screen is still somewhat small for my preference.

    submitted by /u/thebleedingphoenix
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a data extractor which can download data from a LinkedIn profile to an Excel spreadsheet for sales?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    I am interested in downloading data from a LinkedIn profile, specifically, the:

    • Company Name
    • Person's Name
    • Title

    Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/SellingWhileBrown
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my phone starts to overheat whenever i’m playing games on it?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    I'm using iPhone 6 and the game that i'm playing is NBA 2K20. I don't much about smartphones, and i really don't know the reason behind it, please enlighten me. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/asiankargador
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best solution for this idea?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    Okay first things first I'm sorry about the title, I couldn't think of something that made sense to summarise this post.

    Anyway, I'm creating a start-up that plans to use Apple Pay loyalty cards. I want to make it possible for users of the cards to tap their loyalty card and have the amount of points in a sale added to the app through Apple Pay once the purchase is complete. I've broke the process down into steps below to better explain what I mean:

    1. Users will have their loyalty card on Apple Pay
    2. Once the sale is completed the customer will tap their loyalty card onto a tag that is connected to the till
    3. The points in relation to the value of the sale will then be added to the loyalty card through the app's integration with Apple Pay (If possible)
    4. To redeem rewards customers will present a QR code with their reward to the bar staff and the till will then apply the reward

    What sort of hardware would I need to provide the client to make this process a possibility?

    I'm aware that similar loyalty card businesses already exist but I am planning to create it for a certain sector that doesn't utilise this technology yet so I've chose to leave that information out.

    Would really appreciate some help on my first start up :)

    submitted by /u/Illustrious-Brief-31
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment