• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 29, 2020

    Tech Support - Which one is more important: aptx or bluetooth 5.0

    Tech Support - Which one is more important: aptx or bluetooth 5.0


    Which one is more important: aptx or bluetooth 5.0

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    I plan on buying wireless earphones but my budget is very low so I couldnt find a device that has both aptx and bluetooth 5.0 so which one should I prioritize?

    submitted by /u/soysauceonmytoes
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    I have someone who does website work for me and every time he has done work the price has been set upfront. I also pay him $40 a month for website hosting? (really I don't know what the $40 is for, does that sound right?). A few days ago I noticed the website was unsecured and SSL security certificate had expired. A friend had told me it was an easy fix and could be done through the domain registrar.

    I contacted the web guy and told him what needed fixed. He fixed it quickly (24 hours) and then said it'll be $220 for 90 minutes of work. I was surprised because he hadn't mentioned anything about price before he started the work. Am I wrong to be shocked he wants to charge $220 for this? Or is this normal for web design maintenance?

    submitted by /u/fudgefudge4
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon DaaS - Out of the box solution?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    What is the best way to convert an audio recording of a meeting into text?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    I need to process multiple meetings at once. I'm happy to buy software if needed. I would prefer to not pay-per-hour of audio etc, because that would be an expensive approach.

    Thanks for your advice

    submitted by /u/OculoDoc
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Claim

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    Okay so, this is a genuine case where I had lost my watch, made a claim off the insurance and received a new watch. Then weeks later my buddy finds my old watch at his place.

    So my question/query for the tech-savvy in the know of how insurance companies work: Can I power-up the old one and sell it on? Or do they have a way in which they can tell it's back online? Is this more hassle than it's worth?

    I still haven't recharged it or powered it back on either. Any help?

    submitted by /u/gonewiththywind
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi with no Ethernet?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    So I just moved into a new place and it's a converted garage so there is no Ethernet cable out here. I'm going to need WiFi to work from home. Can I get a router without having an Ethernet cable to plug into it?

    submitted by /u/heart-in-utlvnvdv
    [link] [comments]

    so i am going to make a minecraft server should i make it a java server or bedrock server?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Smartphones charging

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    I read many articles stating that it's best to charge Li-Po batteries between 20%-80%. But are there any other useful tips? Maybe charging between 40-70% is even better?

    Or maybe we should only take care of charging temperatures, so any charging in high temp. environment is much worse than charging 0-100% in a cold place?

    submitted by /u/jeszki84
    [link] [comments]

    Enhanced/advanced NFC chip programming

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate an email push function for an NFC chip.

    Example: A realtor holding an open house... Rather than have a stack of flyers for the open house along with a sign-in sheet, he wants to have a SINGLE NFC-enabled flyer or printed medium on display. He wants the prospective buyers to tap their phones on it, and a prompt will come up asking the person to enter their name and email address in order to sign-in and get the enhanced digital circular for the home instantly (and most importantly AUTOMATICALLY) emailed to them.

    This would serve several purposes: 1. Cut down on printing costs and paper waste 2. Provide a novel, state-of-the-art experience for those touring the home, especially millennials 3. Provide added value to the seller on whose behalf he is holding the open house, by positioning himself as the leading technologically-adept agent in the area 4. (This is the big one) Capture leads for the agent in the form of VERIFIED email contact data that he can follow up on in the future.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/xxdembonesxx
    [link] [comments]

    best tool to make a website in 2020

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I decided to make a website from scratch and now I'm stuck on which platform to use.

    Background: I have a little bit of programming experience, but I realized that I have no front end development experience.

    I've learned basic HTML and CSS and I tried WordPress(I didn't like it) but from what I gathered this is not the best or optimal way to make websites in 2020. Did a quick Google search and got Squarespace and Wix as a recommendation. Does any of you have other recommendations?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/deadax
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone showing strange IP/ MAC after update

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    I monitor for unknown devices on our home network. Suddenly, after updating to IOS 14 - my wife's phone is showing up with an additional IP / MAC address. Got this from the router: https://imgur.com/a/rdrxRjj

    Also, both the Mac addresses don't show up on any lookup on the web as something recognizable.

    Anyone know what this is and should I be worried?

    submitted by /u/hummusimful
    [link] [comments]

    Need help to know the way to increase the visitors to my blog.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Guys,

    Can someone help me to get tips and ideas to increase traffic to the blog with NICHE Technology?

    If desired I will provide the link for the blog, as of now not sharing so that no one can say that I am promoting it.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/gearknowledge
    [link] [comments]

    Removing Highlights created in word and converted to pdf

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I want to remove highlights created in word and moved to pdf is there any way to do this.

    submitted by /u/theCommonSlaw
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Media Creation Tool with hard drive partition

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    We're pretty sure my brothers hard drive is about to fail (making a horrible scraping noise and files at random are inaccessible but it still boots and runs windows) so until he gets a replacement I'm giving him a 1TB usb drive.

    My question is if I create two partitions (as in I convert this D: drive into a D: and E: drive) can I plug it into his pc and copy large files and games onto the E: partition, then install the Windows Media Creation Tool on the D: partition, pull out his old hard drive and set up windows fresh on the new hard drive? Will it retain the files transferred to E: or will windows format the entire drive when I use the creation tool?

    I'm only asking because our internet is quite slow and redownloading all his games would take days. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/LordAstrotrain
    [link] [comments]

    The price of the RTX 2060

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Will the price drop after the 3080 and 3090 cards come out, and by how much?

    submitted by /u/NilfgaardSucks69420
    [link] [comments]

    What do you call the booking system of uber/grab/lyft? But instead of booking cars you’ll be able to book the people who has the same app/system as you.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    Are there any pre made software/system in the internet where you pay for it monthly/yearly so you can use it where it is the same concept/system as booking a ride with uber/lyft but instead you are booking the person who has the same system.

    Planning to use it for service providing where the customer wants this particular service then he/she uses the system to book the employee who is free at the moment.

    I know it would be optimal for me to code or like build myself an app for this but I don't have the resources for it. And building apps takes a long time to create or build one and waiting for the completion might take the timing away of this service providing company i have in mind.

    Thank you in advance to anyone who might answer this. 🤟🏼

    submitted by /u/surferdewd69420
    [link] [comments]

    How to get more mobile reception when in rural areas?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    My partner just started a new job out in the desert and he barely gets any reception and no wifi, we can only just text but no video or phone chats at all. I was wondering if theres anything we could do to get better mobile reception so we can at least talk on the phone?

    submitted by /u/lchickadee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment