• Breaking News

    Friday, August 14, 2020

    Tech Support - Didn't receive much interaction so cross-posting here to clear my doubts.

    Tech Support - Didn't receive much interaction so cross-posting here to clear my doubts.


    Didn't receive much interaction so cross-posting here to clear my doubts.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    What is the best browser for my specifications?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    To start off I have windows 10, and all I need out of a browser is for it to support flash, be decently fast, and not consume too much ram, I googled this and I got some browsers but the browsers I got out of that I didn't like

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any possible way to use a Verizon sim card in a t-mobile phone?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    A friend was extremely kind and gifted me his old Galaxy S7. It's currently not working. My Google search says the companies use different type un-interchangable transmitters or such. I'm prepared to accept no but thought I should ask first.

    submitted by /u/Snoo-86440
    [link] [comments]

    What is the farthest distance someone can be to listen in to my conversation from my home phone?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    New Pc Doesn't Run as Such

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I have been experiencing multiple issues with my 2 month old pc. My office apps are not able to open, the following message shows up, "Fail install. Please contact your software vendor". I have been experiencing black screens with a cursor as well. This only happens when I turn on the pc and last some minutes.

    Do you guys know what I can do to fix these issues?

    submitted by /u/Comperity
    [link] [comments]

    Is 1366× 768 okay for a 14 inch laptop

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Is 1366× 768 okay for a 14 inch laptop? I would use this for web browsing and document editing.

    submitted by /u/Juiceup21
    [link] [comments]

    Are Facebook/Insta/Google capable of hearing my background conversations?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    So yesterday I went to a doctor for consultation about pimples/acne. During our conversation, the word "acne" may have been used above 10 times. Now, within 2 hours, I see some acne treatment Advert on my Instagram feed. I really don't think this is some sorta coincidence since I've never come across such an ad before and it's definitely not something I search about.

    Coming to my question, are these applications recording/listening to conversations in the background? Today's episode lowkey creeped me out.

    submitted by /u/davisguc
    [link] [comments]

    Gofile.io not working?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    There's this neat little site called Gofile.io and it's basically a file sharing website with no ads and unlimited storage. However, it has been down for 2 days, giving an error (eprotonosupport) and this stat '/usr/src/app/index.html'. I cannot find any info on what may have happened, their coffee page is still up even.

    My question is, what happened?

    (If this isn't the right sub, apologies. Is there a better one I can post this?)

    submitted by /u/dexavilay
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I start learning about cars?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    I want to get started on having some knowledge about cars so I save money later in life with mechanical needs and repairs. Anybody know good places to start researching or platforms to learn on?

    submitted by /u/hellothrgnrlkenobi
    [link] [comments]

    In a larger home is there a efficient way of keeping track of the house and its guests without breaking the bank?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    So we just moved to a new home and while my computer room used to be right across from my son's room, it is now all the way in the basement while his room is all the way up in the second floor.

    While I spend a lot of time with my son, sometimes he'll be playing in his room and I'll be down in the basement. I'd rather not feel the constant urge to know if he's doing ok, and I'd like for him to be able to call for me without having to come all the way downstairs.

    My thoughts of solutions.


    • Series of webcams

    Pros:

    Easy to install

    Can be connected to internet

    Voice and video capable

    Cons:

    Costly for good ones

    Security issues

    Creepy if you're having guests stay in that room.


    • Intercoms

    Pros:

    Hardly intrusive

    Convenient to talk back and forth

    Less costly than webcams

    Cons:

    No video so can't see what's happening

    Audio only when button is pressed.


    I'm really not sure what other options are out there but has anyone found a good solution for this?

    submitted by /u/IndyPoker979
    [link] [comments]

    Ultrasonic Cleaner Expansion?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    Ultrasonic Cleaner Expansion?

    I've been looking all over the place for an answer to this question so I thought I'd post it here, would it be possible to build an expansion basin and attach it to my ultrasonic cleaner to fit bigger items? Any help or opinions would be appreciated! Sorry if this is in the wrong Sub...

    submitted by /u/EnochianDIY
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest way to convert VHS tapes?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    My dad has dozens of old vhs tapes with family videos and it's his dream to have them converted before they just go bad.

    He's not great with technology, although he can do basic stuff on a computer. I live far and can't do it for him. I've looked into paying someone to convert them, but he always refuses because he doesn't trust strangers with his tapes.

    What's the most straight forward solution I can get him? I'm just looking for something I can buy that would be very user-friendly and "dumbed down", so that he can do it on his own. Every time I search I read suggestions of getting multiple cables and devices, but I'm just hoping for some sort of "kit" that already has everything and is easy to install and use, even if it costs more. I appreciate any help I can get!

    submitted by /u/puzzled-panda
    [link] [comments]

    what’s a reliable place to buy a laptop from?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    all i need is a simple laptop for this schoolyear and was thinking of getting the Acer Swift 1, but i don't know where to purchase one. i don't know how to build a computer, and i don't know much about them, but should i spend the extra money buying a newer laptop at a place like Bestbuy, or should i save some money and buy it from a place like Walmart or a refurbished laptop from a website like Back Market?

    submitted by /u/Unmotivated_Thing
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting a new PC tower to a newish laptop that I've been using

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    How to download all images from a user on Imgur? Android/Web

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    Are there any android apps or web sites that would allow either a search by user or a batch download from an imgur url? I haven't found one that works.

    I'd prefer one that didn't make me open (and copy/paste) each individual album from a user. The user I have in mind has over 200 albums.

    submitted by /u/thefallofthesparrow
    [link] [comments]

    Have I been hacked?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Everytime my Toshiba laptop starts I get a popup from "dynabook" asking me if I want to put it in eco charge mode. I say no, and get the popup again and again. The popup seems totally odd and sketchy.

    submitted by /u/Knowledgeseeker6
    [link] [comments]

    Can't do anything online with my school's wifi, "connection not secure"

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    ~Edit: resolved~I'm setting up my devices on my university's wifi and all has been fine except for one of my laptops. So far I've connected a Roku, my phone, and my other laptop (It's pretty weak so I just use it for art) and none of them have given me any trouble. Just now I connected my better laptop to the wifi but it won't let me do anything online, either with Google or Bing. It just gives me a "connection not secure" screen. I really need this laptop to work before school starts, can anyone help me with this?

    submitted by /u/EwGrossItsMe
    [link] [comments]

    How can i convert VHS to digital?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    ive looked for machines that convert VHS to digital, but the most ive been able to find is essentially just capture devices. but lets say i have over 100 hours of VHS footage. and i do. with a capture device, that would take 100 hours. i need a device that doesnt capture, only converts. because i dont have the time or patience to spend 100 hours on this project.

    thank you

    submitted by /u/Joel-Daxen
    [link] [comments]

    Does this software exist?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a feature that builds word clouds within enterprise software, not through the cloud. Or perhaps it is a feature of a mind-mapping program? Thought I heard someone mention this recently, but I can't remember where and it's driving me crazy!

    Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/dyrfinna
    [link] [comments]

    A worker at Atnt told my mom that ordering a Landline will help our internet speeds. Is that true?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    I'm pretty sure that's a fat lie, we ordered internet speeds that's supposed to be at 1000 Upload and Download (Given, I don't fully understand what that means.) Though, I get a constant 50-500 MS, and very frequently the internet will cutout resulting in 5000 MS for up to a minute.

    Does a landline actually have any benefits to the wifi??

    submitted by /u/artgrazer
    [link] [comments]

    Any easy way to mute microphone system wide in windows 10?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    I have multiple zoom/meets calls throughout the day, and my current Blue Snowball doesn't have a hardware mute option. Also the software Micmute stopped working after some time. So i'm looking for a software option that i can create a hotkey and use it to quickly mute myself during calls or gaming.

    submitted by /u/SpookyKabZ
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to upload audio somewhere and share it without it being downloadable? Outside of things like Spotify?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Basically, I want to upload a folder of audio (mp3/m4a) and have a shareable link I can personally send to people.

    I tried putting a bunch of songs in a folder on Google Drive and changed the permissions so it's not downloadable. But when I open the link, it not only won't let me listen to any of the songs because "owner changed permissions", but there is a button to download the entire folder anyway. This is the opposite of what I wanted.

    In a perfect world, I'd have a URL I can attach in an email or something that people can access and listen to the audio, but not have the ability to download it. It'd also have to be accessible to anyone with the link (i.e. I wouldn't have to personally invite everyone to access it).

    Is there a way to do this? On Google Drive, or somewhere else?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JakeWasHere4
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse mysteriously inverts axis controls

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I was about to leave my online MS Teams call and when i went to move my wireless mouse to leave it wouldnt work the same. Up and down go left and right, and vice versa. Cant figure out the issue, so can i get some help from my favorite social media?

    submitted by /u/PepsiButItsMilk
    [link] [comments]

    Computer For Financial Modeling

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Hi, I am looking for a laptop that is good for excel and financial modeling. I'm not really looking to spend more than 700-800. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/brix_city135
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Shopping

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    hello all. Looking to purchase my wife a new laptop for school. I am not very tech savvy or up to date on new technology for laptops. She is an accounting major. Looking for something light weight, durable and fast processing. Price range is up to 2k but if need be can go slightly above it. If anyone here can point me in the right direction for trusted resources for research or recommendations, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help and time

    submitted by /u/Xtikilikix
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment