• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Tech Support - Do USB Wireless Wifi Adapters work?

    Tech Support - Do USB Wireless Wifi Adapters work?


    Do USB Wireless Wifi Adapters work?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    So I recently got my first pc, an Optiplex 3020 MT that I'm going to upgrade for gaming, however I didn't know it needs a wifi adapter to connect wirelessly, now my question is do these USB adapters work? I'm just trying to play this as safe as humanly possible before buying it as I'm working on a small budget.

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    If I connect LED strips from one brand to other brand’s controller do they still work?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Why exactly is TikTok banned in China?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Will a 240 hz monitor work will this gaming laptop?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    So I have a gaming laptop and I usually just use it to play fortnite and I get 160-240 frames in game with it, but the screen of the laptop is 144 hz and 3 ms response time. If I get a 240 hz monitor lets say alienware or any other brand of 240 hz 1 ms response time, will it work better with the screen that I have right now? Also, will the 240 hz monitor be compatible with my gaming laptop? Link to my gaming laptop: https://www.newegg.com/black-asus-rog-hero-iii-chassis-g531gw-xb74-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834235194?item=N82E16834235194&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-gaming+laptops-_-N82E16834235194&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi4mh1rr76gIVwdSzCh3ZLwapEAQYASABEgKnDvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    submitted by /u/iamhtml
    [link] [comments]

    Mass converting file types

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Bit of a strange one, I have approximately 5000 pictures stored in .JPG format

    I want to have them converted into a video format (MP4, MOV, AVI) and each be 5 seconds long containing just the first frame for 5 seconds

    Anyone know how this is possible in a way that doesn't involve doing it manually, even if it takes my laptop a day to do it?

    submitted by /u/cara27hhh
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if Trump does ban TikTok?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    Politics aside, I only want to know if there is a way an executive order could shut down an app and stop it from operating in America. Is that possible?

    submitted by /u/iDunnoWhatImDoing9
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboards that support both Mac and Windows

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    Hi there! My current setup changes between my Windows and Mac laptops quite frequently, and was wondering if there were any cheaper mechanical keyboards that supported both systems and preferably wireless as well. My current Windows keyboard is quite old and while it does work with Mac, it seems like certain keys just will not work, especially the command, control keys etc and I can't manually remap them. Any recommendations would be great!

    submitted by /u/yuhef2bmed
    [link] [comments]

    How to improve 4G deadspot?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Hey I have lived in a 4G dead spot for most of my life with signal hitting 1 bar when you get to the center of my street. Unfortunately for me my house is also right in the center of the street. I have recently had huge issues with my WIFI ongoing for months with multiple engineers showing up and leaving with it being the same or worse. Sadly I have unlimited 4G on my mobile contract but due to the deadspot I can't use it in my house. I have been reading and seeing a lot of 4G boosters that you can buy but will this even work for me? Surely the booster can't boost the 4G signal if the booster is also located in the deadspot? is there anything I can do to try and improve this as certain rooms get 2 bars of 4G instead of my usual 1.

    submitted by /u/gold328
    [link] [comments]

    I am in a dilemma.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Just recently my Xbox One S has been acting up and probably won't last another month, at most. I currently gave about $400 saved for new tech. I am also waiting for the new oculus and have stadia. I don't know if I should:

    A. Get a new Xbox One S or X

    B. Get an oculus quest

    C. Wait for the Xbox series x and play stadia in the meantime

    D. Wait for the new oculus and play stadia in the meantime

    submitted by /u/beastkee
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good way to host files independent of 3rd parties from my PC(or a Pi if I get one)?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a good way to share files and information without worrying about Bans, ShadowBans, or Hidden/Deleted files that come with most Social media platforms. Is there any way I can do this fully independently ie. No, google cloud/Dropbox ect. ?

    submitted by /u/grimcharron
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of cloaking on our website?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    I went to isithacked.com, entered the URL of the company I work for, and got a report that we've been cloaked (I don't think i'm using the terminology right). How do I fix it?

    "There is a difference of 36012 bytes between the version of the page you serve to Chrome and the version you serve to GoogleBot. This probably means some code is running on your site that's trying to hide from browsers but make Google think there's something else on the page"

    submitted by /u/amberheartss
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering files on a broken iPhone 5s

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    My friend has an old iPhone 5s that wasn't been used for years. The screen is broken and he does not remember his iCloud account. He recently wanted to recover files from it and asked me to do it (since he is not a techy guy). Does anyone have a method for recovering files on an iPhone with a broken screen without iTunes login? The phone is recognized by the PC but the internal storage shows as empty (probably since you need to grand permission from the phone)

    submitted by /u/SergeantRetard
    [link] [comments]

    running a web app on bittorrent, can it be done, can bittorrent be changed to support it?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    My professor is preparing a test in google forms and is using google sheets with flubaroo add on to provide grades.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Once the google form is done, I helped him open the google form. Our marking scheme is 4 points for correct answer, deduct 1 point for every wrong answer, 0 points for unattempted questions. I saw YouTube and helped him use the code %=(FLB_RESPONSE = "Answer", 4,if(FLB_RESPONSE = " ",0, -1)) It worked but it also deducts 1 points for unattempted questions. Is there a better code for this or what should I do?

    submitted by /u/dr-doo-a-doo
    [link] [comments]

    What is this for?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    PC Build Questions

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Any suggestions or changes to this build, cosmetic or compatability

    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/casprr/saved/9RCJMp

    submitted by /u/casprr-b
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment