• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Tech Support - What is the best router for signal strength?

    Tech Support - What is the best router for signal strength?


    What is the best router for signal strength?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    I am currently using a FRITZ!Box 7530 that my current provider Zen supplied to me. I heard that this particular brand was very good at network configuration stuff which is perfect when it comes to gaming.

    However, I noticed that I wasn't getting good enough signal via my phone, tablet and laptop when I moved into other rooms as the walls in my house are very thick, as this problem was happening quite frequently despite the fact that I split the bands on the router and changed the channels manually which didn't make much of a difference.

    What would be the best router for this problem?

    submitted by /u/franklin2014ish
    [link] [comments]

    What is android system?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    So, i was playing with my cat while holding phone open and when i check the hamburger icon(the hamburger icon that you can clear apps), i saw android system. When i click it, it make me choose camera and google camera. What is it? I am on android 10.

    submitted by /u/thoplo123
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting a mavic air 2 controller to hdmi calbe connected to a tv

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Can I connect, using a specific adapter, a mavic air 2 controller to a hdmi cable connected to a tv, or is this even possiible?

    submitted by /u/benmcgo6
    [link] [comments]

    Best NAS or external drive enclosure for a Raid backup

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit, I recently found out that my external WD HDD had got some failed sectors (the warranty expired this February). So I want to get a better solution than just one drive as an external backup. I have been looking for a better solution, but things are expensive. Therefore, I thought I would enlist the help of the internet to give me a hand to what I should get. So my question is, what is the best NAS or drive enclosure to use for, at least, Raid 1 (meaning at least two drive bays) on the cheap? And what drives would be best (WD Red, Seagate IronWolf NAS drives, etc.) to use while trying not to spend too much? I would like around 8 TB or more of useable space, if possible. I use Windows 10 and have one ethernet and USB Type C port that I can plug the enclosure into. Anything more then that or regular 3.1 USB ports, I would have to buy an expansion card. Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/Armstta
    [link] [comments]

    Stripped laptop screw, cousin decided to try to drill it out to no avail. Any advice?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    How do I get Skype popups to show up on Windows 10 desktop notification section?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Screen sharing issues being laggy and sound being messy on Skype for my HP Omen laptop. The only way I've fixed is with answering a call through the Windows 10 call popup. But now that solution is gone because Skype popups/notifications do not appear at the side of the desktop anymore where my Windows 10 notifications are.

    I've had this problem with Skype for awhile. I know it's not a computer issue because I recently bought this gaming laptop a year ago. Same situation with my boyfriend as well, he bought a DELL laptop recently. My issue is that no matter what my bf screen shares it's always laggy or delayed. Whether we are watching a show or a YouTube video, or playing a game both the sound and the video are not in sync, laggy and messy.

    But here's something I found that fixes the issue which is weird. It fixes it based on the way I answer a Skype call. So if my boyfriend is the one who's calling me, I have to answer the call through the Windows 10 desktop notification popup.

    On this computer, when someone is calling me through Skype, it shows me in different ways. If I'm not directly inside Skype, a Skype popup will appear in the center showing if I should answer or decline the call. AND, a Windows 10 notification popup appears at the side giving me the option to answer the call as well.

    Instead of answering the Skype popup notification, I have to answer the call popup that appears in my Windows 10 desktop. For example, he calls me, a call popup appears at the side in my Windows desktop notification section. When I answer that way, it fixes all those issues. But if I answer directly in the app or through a Skype popup instead of the Windows notification popup, it won't work.

    It's a bit hard to explain. But overall, there's two different ways for me to answer a Skype call. Through a Skype popup notification or a Windows 10 popup notification (where the system itself is detecting a call I guess). If I don't do the latter, all my video chatting experienced is screwed up.

    Now you may ask, why am I here if I have this solution? Because for some reason, I cannot answer a Skype call through the Windows desktop notifications anymore. Only a popup directly from Skype appears now. The Windows desktop doesn't even alert me when someone sends a message anymore either. All popup notifications are now directly from Skype. Now I'm back to this laggy bullshit.

    Everything in the notification section for my laptop is turned on for Skype. I cannot figure out why this is happening. No Skype notifications or popup appear in the corner of my Windows 10 desktop anymore. And I'm so freakin upset because this was what fixed my issues. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the latest version of Skype.

    submitted by /u/TSB223
    [link] [comments]

    Why does hardware acceleration break crunchyroll streaming on discord?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Recently, I wanted to watch an episode of an anime with my friends on discord, since we could not meet in person due to covid (We both have subscriptions to the service). I soon learned that when you try to screenshare a crunchyroll video, all that appears is a black screen and subtitles, but not any of the actual video. The solution to this problem is to disable hardware acceleration, but I am just curious as to how they manage to block the video from screen sharing while it runs perfectly fine on the host PC, and why disabling hardware acceleration circumvents this?

    submitted by /u/Schmoop32
    [link] [comments]

    USB docks and DVI

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    Are these things outputting the video of the onboard GPU or doing their own thing?

    Considering looking for a USB dock but I'd be mainly getting one for DVi output and if it's not spitting out the onboard nVidia then it's useless :D I know sometimes these count as their own sort of video adapters so I'm paranoid.

    submitted by /u/YQG
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find build.prop data/files for lots of different devices?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    Is there a centralized database somewhere of build.prop files for different devices? Thanks

    submitted by /u/mattinpatxi
    [link] [comments]

    [SERIOUS] How can the US actually implement a TikTok ban?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    I'm a software engineer, so I'm at least relatively familiar with how the Internet at large works. A ban on something like TikTok would be easy in a country like China or North Korea (and probably other countries, but those two jump to mind) where the government controls the only Internet "gateways" into the country, but in the US, the federal government doesn't have such control over Internet servers, so how can Trump's admin enforce this ban?

    The one way I can think of is forcing providers to block it, but that seems fragmented and hard to enforce. Talk about a waste of tax dollars. Is there a more efficient option or is this more of nothing from Trump?

    submitted by /u/ProgrammerNo22
    [link] [comments]

    Why GPU drivers and/or hardware aren't forced by accessibility/disability laws to offer some sort of epilepsy trigger filter mode that either outright removes, or applies some "motion blur" to the kind of flashing patterns that trigger epilepsy?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    I want to set up a “portable movie night”. Needing some ideas on how to pull it off.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Basically I kind of want to set up a movie in the back of my SUV. I guess my biggest concern is powering it. I would need power supplied to a computer monitor and maybe computer speakers. Possibly keeping an iPad on charge, but I think I would be okay not having it plugged in with a full charge beforehand.

    What would be the best way to pull this off and what would be the best option for a portable power supply?

    EDIT: If I am using my car's battery...kind of don't want the battery to die in that span.

    submitted by /u/TK089
    [link] [comments]

    I got a virus(wup.exe i think) from downloading a cracked version of a drawing program

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    my pc is still fairly new

    So I had a virus that completely slowed down my pc (I tried deleting it myself but instead deleted a crucial file that my windows wont work properly), so I restarted the pc with "remove everything" and everything went ok and thought the virus may be gone, but i still have a problem which my computer loses focus and would show the taskbar and sometimes would jump to home with other programs. I thought I might be clicking something when I play valorant but even just watching youtube(fullscreen), sometimes the taskbar just shows even when im not touching anything every now and then.

    ps. wup.exe was the last virus that I thought removed, there were a lot of virus like having an extenstion to chrome, but I think I fixed that.

    submitted by /u/Kaiver05
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment