• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 30, 2020

    Tech Support - Why do speed tests give me a much higher download speed than what I actually get?

    Tech Support - Why do speed tests give me a much higher download speed than what I actually get?


    Why do speed tests give me a much higher download speed than what I actually get?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    I consistently get a 300mb/s down test, while when I download something, I'm sitting at around 50. I'm on wifi and use fast .com.

    submitted by /u/burnsrado
    [link] [comments]

    App/program/website to optimize multiple stop route of addresses?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    I did google this but couldn't find what I was looking for. We are house hunting and I have 9 houses we want to see the neighborhoods of before we ask to do the walkthrough (COVID and all trying to minimize tours) but I don't know the areas super well.

    Is there a app/ website/ program that I could plug the starting point and street addresses into that would put them in an optimized order?

    submitted by /u/Debastated
    [link] [comments]

    backup

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    I own a windows surface pro and a MacBook Pro. the MacBook needs to go In for repairs but its what I've been using for the past 9 months.

    I have two usb based harddrives.I have the free versions of dropbox and google drive and iCloud.

    I have some 100 voice memo recordings I could drag them out of the app individually but they are so big.

    folders are 4.5 gb and 3 gb. and the audio recordings can be 50-100-200 mb each. a few are 400. that's

    how can I backup to the pc?

    submitted by /u/International__
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 11 randomly starts screen recording all the time, am I being spied on or is this some kind of glitch?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Gta V Fps "drops"

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Hello, im having some trouble playing gta V online because of the fps, before i used to play gta V online with like 80/90 fps, and now for some reason that i dont know i play with 40 fps when im in the middle of the city or driving in streets.

    And i know that is normal to have less fps on online mode but i used to have a lot more!!!

    And no, my drivers are updated, and no, it's not windows update.

    For example i used to play rocket league with 210/240 fps and i still do, but gta v idk why is like that.

    My specs:

    Geforce GTX 1650

    I5-9300H

    8 Gb Ram

    SSD 500 Gb

    submitted by /u/_MRXD_
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube HDMI 4K TV Lag?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I'll explain this as simple as I can.

    I have Windows 10, a 4K LG TV, and an HDMI cable to watch youtube videos on.

    I don't watch the youtube app on my TV because of ad's of course, and also just plain don't like the app (People are different). I only use my HDMI cable to get real comfortable, sit back and watch my favorite youtuber but, I get certain lag and little audio sync issues. (The audio syncing issue is like a bit of a second off throughout the whole time)

    At some point the video slows down all laggy like for a couple of seconds but the audio is fine. Then it speeds back up or skips to sync up with the audio. It does that like every 15 - 20 seconds it feels like. That's basically it. My bet is that my old TV never done this except when I'm watching my youtuber's really old gameplay videos, (Witch never happened over the years) and with my new TV it's having this issue with any video I watch.

    (I'm also seeing little lag on my laptop screen even when I'm not on youtube or anything)

    submitted by /u/DragonWolf72
    [link] [comments]

    my friend says a certain game is running faster on his ps4 than on my ps4 slim. i'm saying he's delusional, but is it actually possible?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    so we've been playing the COD 'zombies in spaceland' for years on splitscreen, alternately on his/my console. recently he mentioned, thats the response time was quicker on his ps4 original (NOT THE PRO) than on my ps4 slim. i called bs, but could it be true though? we even set up both consoles on one screen the other day to compare, but I couldn't tell the difference and he said the difference was obvious.

    submitted by /u/karlheinzweidrei
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my headset so quiet

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    I'm using a steelseries arctis pro wireless, and for some reason it seems to be getting quieter. I'm not sure if it's just youtube though. I mean i can get them loud enough easily in a game, but listening to yt is just too quiet, even with the limiter disabled, at full volume, and with all the volume settings on my pc at full. This is a problem on bluetooth and with the base station. Could i have damaged the headset, or is there anything i can do

    submitted by /u/Adamadon13
    [link] [comments]

    Question about website blocking my VPN

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    I want to contact somebody on his website. His website has a contact form.

    But when I try to use the contact form with my VPN on, I get a 404 forbidden screen. Is there a way to use the contact form with my VPN or use the form while staying anonymous?

    submitted by /u/masa888
    [link] [comments]

    Best screen protector for drawing on galaxy note 10+?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    The default protector that came with it got scratched deeply so I replaced it with an LK brand screen protector. Its sturdy and reads finger prints, but its like my S Pen doesn't work properly anymore. I have to press hard and even then there are some spots the screen simply won't recognize the S Pen. I bought this phone almost entirely to do art on so it would be amazing if someone could recommend a great screen protector for that. My budget is probably anywhere from 10-40$ depending on where the product is available. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/RachelRainbow
    [link] [comments]

    Why would I use a web filter if I already have a firewall?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    If a given organization already has a firewall, why would they need to bother with web filtering software? From what I gather a firewall should be able to do everything that a web filter can. I've heard that agent-based web filters have more granularity but I can't seem to find a concrete answer as to why.

    tl;dr what can an agent-based web filter do that a firewall can't?

    submitted by /u/EnigmaticPhilomath
    [link] [comments]

    Internet not working.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    So I bought a wifi router and when conecting to the wan port on my modem the internet does not work. You can conect to it but no going any further. What's intresting that the both modem and router conections stop working as soon as I conect to the wan port. I ask for your help.

    (Sorry if bad spelling not from an english speaking country)

    submitted by /u/FineBamboo
    [link] [comments]

    Locking what network my phone uses?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    I have a Cozmo robot and it connects to my phone via a wifi hotspot, but this does not provide an actual network connection, so my phobe automatically switches to my home network

    is there anything i can do to keep my phone connected to the Cozmo's network?

    submitted by /u/WhyYesIamHuman
    [link] [comments]

    Remote pc control for mobile

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    At work, we have a program called 'ultra vncviewer' and i do not think that this works for mobile (Correct me if I'm wrong). I did try to use vnc viewer (android) but it wouldn't connect. Are there any other ways to remotely connect to a pc? Problem 1. I am not allowed to download another program. Problem 2. The pc's are connected to the ethernet.

    submitted by /u/Dinandt
    [link] [comments]

    Why do TVs use limited RGB instead of full 0-255?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    What is the advantage of using limited RGB range on TVs and movies? Does it provide better compression for transmission or something like that? I tried googling but no luck so far.

    submitted by /u/Super_Papaya
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest/Fastest way to sell PC?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    I have a PC that has an RTX 2070, Ryzen 2600x w 16 gb of ram and 1.5 tb of storage. Would it be more efficient to sell it for parts or sell the whole thing for around 1300-1400 USD?

    submitted by /u/luggo_
    [link] [comments]

    How to recover "lost" pictures on iphone / windows?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Hello

    I really hope someone can help me. I lost half of the pictures of my vacation trip I just came from 4 hours ago.

    I connected my iphone to my laptop (windows 10) to transfer the pictures. I first created a new VACATION folder, and then I opened the picture's folder and instead of copying / pasting I did "cut / paste" (ctrl x) all of the pictures into the new VACATION folder. When i wanted to do the same with the second folder of pictures on my iphone, I got a message from windows saying "these pictures have the same name as the one already in the folder (vacation), do you want to replace them or cancel the transfer?". And i thought this was weird, i wanted to check why these different pictures had the same name so i CANCELED the transfer of the 2nd fold of pictures, and then I hit CTRL+Z as to go back to the "previous state" of my computer, to take off the pictures of the 1st folder I had just put into my "vacation" folder, so that they'd be back in the folder in my iphone folder and so I can check the names of the pictures in both of the picture folders on my iphone. BUT. THE. PICTURES. DISSAPEARED.

    I'm really sad as you can imagine these pictures held lots of memories for me.

    Theses pictures were neither deleted from my iphones, nor deleted from my computer. They were just... CTRL+Z'ed lol so i have no idea where theses pictures went. I tried using the recuva app but it doesnt help. The pictures aren't in the "deleted pictures" of my iphone.

    Please if anyone has any idea how to recover these... :( Thank you very much.

    Hope my english is clear and if you need precisions please ask me

    submitted by /u/FMLH
    [link] [comments]

    I left the case for my Galaxy Buds Plus outside in the rain

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    So I left the case for the Galaxy plus outside in the rain and I will be able to pick it up in about 40 hours. The case is closed and the headphones are not inside. Will it survive?

    submitted by /u/bjorn_336
    [link] [comments]

    What company is best to contact to have a simple digital device made?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    It is a simple digital display with momentary reads of a signal that comes through a metal prong. Much like a meat thermometer, only with the energy that comes from a hole punch. I'm guessing it would be quite simple for the right company. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,

    submitted by /u/JackedAncestor
    [link] [comments]

    I separated the two pieces of the retainer of my shift key and can not attach them back.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    I took out the shift key and the one retainer and the inner piece and outer piece are now separated. I can not seem to attach them both separately as I am afraid to break it by applying force. Also couldn't find a suitable video or guide online. Should I apply force to get it set up again or is there another way. It is a windows laptop-HP-. Please help me out and thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/CYBERINSANE07
    [link] [comments]

    best way to write on PDFs?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    I have a form to fill out, you know the ones you get at a doctors office or DMC that are printed out and have lines with enough for 2-3 sentences.

    id rather type in my sentences rather than handwrite, would be more legible.

    is there any easy way to do this? word can open PDFs but...it kinda fucks them up. im trying to just open the pdf as is without any conversion and just write text on the lines.

    any open source tools? i think you need adobe pdf pro or whatever to write?

    submitted by /u/TrynaBuySomeFriends
    [link] [comments]

    Can mobile phone connect itself to mobile network which is turned off in my settings?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    WEB DEVELOPMENT

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Can I really learn web development on my own? If I can , then can you suggest me the steps to do so?

    submitted by /u/Educational-Note7318
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment