• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    Tech Support - Message -- "Look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds"

    Tech Support - Message -- "Look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds"


    Message -- "Look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds"

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    My Windows 10 PC picked up an annoying blue bar with an icon leaning back in chair and the message "Time to rest your eyes! Look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds." Does anybody know how to uninstall this or at least turn it off?

    http://www2.latech.edu/~bmagee/rest_eyes_nag.png

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Seneca_furens
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any wireless earphones out there that can be charged with a cable as opposed to the "wireless" charger cases?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    I accidentally opened a link in a text message

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I hope this is the right place to ask this, if not please point me in the right direction.

    I have an iPhone XS and I got a text msg today from a named person (not a random number). I work with a person that has the same name and thought it was from them. I opened the link in the text msg and it took me to a website about crypto currency. I realised the site was a scam, it looked cheap and poorly designed and closed it after about 3 seconds. It opened up in incognito mode, safari.

    I went into my contact list and realised this person was not a contact and this text message was instead sent from a service/company since it had come from a name rather than a random number.

    Could my phone now be compromised? I'm really worried 😟

    submitted by /u/carolineik
    [link] [comments]

    Move Mails from mail.app to Thunderbird Windows

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    How do I move all my mails from mail.app (~10 gb, 50k Mails) to Thunderbird so that all my mails show up in thunderbird in the same folders (e.g. inbox, sent etc.) and keep their "status" that I already replied to this and that mail and which mails I've already read etc.)?

    submitted by /u/Sooooopertrack
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me comparing amount of files with varying operating systems (Windows 10 vs. MacOS)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    I have ~50k pictures I want to move from PC1 (MacOS) to PC2 (Windows 10). I have done this previously from Linux to MacOS. This proved to be quite difficult as Linux showed a different size of the folders than MacOS and also a different number of files. MacOS for instance creates those invisible .ds files that cloud the real number of files if I'm not mistaken.

    How can I solve this problem smoothly?

    submitted by /u/Sooooopertrack
    [link] [comments]

    Did I get ripped off?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    I just picked up my 2012 Macbook pro from the computer repair shop. They said the Samsung SSD crashed because I hadn't updated the OS in a couple years and I had downloaded newer apps that weren't compatible with it. I bought a new SSD and brought it to them to install, which they charged me $30 to do. However they also charged me $240 for "updating and configuring the OS". They then gave me a $28 cord to hook up to my old SSD so I could import the old data and user info myself, which I did(took me 20 minutes and they were going to charge $199 for it). Did they just charge me $240 for pressing "update OS" or was there actual work involved in what they did? When I asked him about it he just opened the "about this mac" and said "look, this is the new OS". On the receipt next to $240 it says "install and configure". Am I just not understanding or did I get ripped off?

    submitted by /u/KoreaNSFW
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading PC.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Hey guys.

    I'm planing on upgrading to Ryzen 7 3700x. Currently using well served i5-4670k quad core overclocked to 4.6GHz, 16GB RAM and MSI GTX 1060 6GB on MSI Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard.

    My question is: "From Old CPU,Ram and Mobo, should I build new computer getting some decent power supply, case and some graphic card to go with it (idk maybe gtx 1050ti), and try to sell it at better profit as a hole package?

    Worth investing £ 130? What do y'all think?

    Peace.

    submitted by /u/Tech_Nex
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    I currently have a asus g11cd-k. It has a i7-7700. I installed 20 gigs of ram, a 500g SSD, and a nvidia geforce GTX 1650 6g. My budget is obviously a little low. When I play certain games, or stream with this PC, I get frame rate issues bad. Internet is 300 down, and 35 up. My question is, with $400, what is the best upgrade?

    submitted by /u/Spexx_Nation
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi extenders - I'm confused about them, please help

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    So, I'm looking into getting a wifi extender as my wifi signal is quite terrible and my room is two floors up from the router and running a cable that far isn't terribly practical for the layout of the house, even if some that long do actually exist.

    I've done a couple of speed tests on my router and gotten about 28mbps download and 16mbps upload speed consistently - I'm also currently looking at an extender that's labelled '1200mbps'. This leads me to my point of confusion.

    A lot of sites say that wifi extenders will be slower than the router due to the need to communicate with it (hence why dual bands are faster, I think?), but how does that work when the extender has so much higher an Mbps than the router itself? Will it be choked to the speed of the router?

    (And just in case people make the point - the wifi belongs to my parent and they've refused to upgrade without at least trying this extender thing first).

    submitted by /u/Avalon1632
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best most universal way to create playlists using mp3 files?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Since certain playlists file use the mp3 file directory what playlist file can I make to play across different devices?

    submitted by /u/LuxuryKingRanch69
    [link] [comments]

    Why are my headphones making a noise that sounds like a downpour even when they’re disconnected?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Does anyone know the sRGB/Adobe Rgb of the display in MSI GF75 8RD (128gb Indian Model) ?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Mic or headset?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    My headset recently broke, it didn't take very long. So i want to buy a smart (and cheap) replacement, that also has great quality and doesn't look like a tech support scammer headset.
    Should i go for: A separate mic and headset or a combination of both?

    submitted by /u/EgoneyReddit
    [link] [comments]

    How do I protect my PC when I have to run proctoring software onto the system?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    I have an upcoming exam that will be online. I will need to download a service that I am not comfortable with the access that it will grant itself. I plan on either creating a partition on the hard drive or using a USB to boot into windows. I originally was hoping to use a VM but it is against their policy and can be considered cheating.

    What I would like to know is if these two methods would work to keep my main partition safe. What methods would you use to protect your main system so that you could restore it to what it was previously and 100% confidently not worry about it remaining on your system?

    I don't want to cheat, I am just paranoid and I want to not have to wipe my whole system again because I get it into my head that something malicious got onto the system.

    submitted by /u/Code_Beaver
    [link] [comments]

    How much does a brand new, un-packed Apple Macintosh Quadra 630 cost to buy?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Just wondering as I have like 2 that I dont need and would like to sell

    submitted by /u/Sylx_Bruh
    [link] [comments]

    College Laptop

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I have NO idea what is good and what isn't when it comes to laptops. I'm leaving for school the 10th so I need to make a decision soon. I have $1000 budget and am not a fan of macs. If you guys have any recommendations, any help is appreciated! I'm just looking for a computer that'll run well and last all of college that can also run a few games (the biggest probably being minecraft). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jromneyg
    [link] [comments]

    IT Equipment - Best Place to Sell Online?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    My Lenovo laptop has EXTREMELY bad internet... Why?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    My Lenovo IdeaPad C340 has really bad internet, like my internet is around 50mb/s tho it is usually around 40mb/s on my other devices, but on my laptop it's like 1mb/s at best, but usually less...

    I tried tons of "solutions" and nothing worked, idk if I should just try to refund it or fix it in any way so if you know how to fix this PLEASE tell me in the comments.

    Btw I just found out that you can disable Bluetooth and it fixes the issue and by disabling Bluetooth it went up to 15mb/s for a minute but then it got even worse

    submitted by /u/RandomSerbianGuy
    [link] [comments]

    A Google program for listening to video/song lyrics.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    So my boyfriend is a musician and he's got some old videos of songs that he wrote and performed a few years ago. He can't quite remember the lyrics but he's listening to them and transcribing them into a document. Is there an app or a program that would make this process easier? Like he plays the video and it writes down the words? The music is kinda loud and the words a bit difficult to understand, but idk. Thought it'd be worth a shot to ask.

    submitted by /u/olliepips
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment