• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    Tech Support - What are the best older AMD APUs ?

    Tech Support - What are the best older AMD APUs ?


    What are the best older AMD APUs ?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    The names are a bit confusing and there is hardly any benchmarks I can find online

    edit : I want them without AMD PSP , or any other CPU (even intel will work) that doesn't have this kind stupid technology and gives me full control over my computer

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Death Conditional Program

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    I've seen at least two animes, that I can think of, that, when a character dies, a program runs to send an email, or something similar. What's the easiest way to recreate this?

    submitted by /u/Defender452
    [link] [comments]

    What are the different types of SD cards?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    When browsing through SD cards, I see different types like "SDHC" or "SDXC". What do the different card types mean?

    submitted by /u/DoIKnowWho
    [link] [comments]

    If I use my parent's cell data as a wifi hotspot, can they see my history?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I come from a very mentally abusive household and recently Verizon stopped providing WiFi to my road. Spectrum, the alternative provider, told me that it would be months before someone put up our internet.

    So my parent suggested that I use her phone's cell data WiFi as a hotspot.

    A little context: My parent is very nosey. She has admitted this and has tried stuff in the past to get my personal information. (There was a time where she succeeded and used my insecurities against me.) Basically, I'm wondering if she can see my previous searches I've done on that computer. Also, if I use her data, will she be able to see what I google. For example: Can she see my reddit username if I go on Reddit? What can she do? (I wouldn't be suprised if she calls [her provider] directly.)

    Is there anyway I can ensure my emotional safety? I was thinking of redownloading TOR, but like I said, I'm not sure if she'll be able to see. (I'm very paranoid!)

    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

    Edit: I can't use my phone's cell data because we only get VERY few gigs a month. My mother has her own unlimited plan. And yes, I have tried looking into every possible solution for a new provider.

    submitted by /u/SouthernCriticism
    [link] [comments]

    What is qwe.wiki?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    What is it? I couldn't find any information about it.

    thamks

    submitted by /u/im_a_new_redditer
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 Connection Issue

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    My PlayStation has been acting quite strange recently but I fixed a weird problem that led to another. The first problem was my PlayStation was being strange and still running off the previous internet I had. This is complicated and I don't need to explain it. The second problem however is that how that my PlayStation has singled out and only try to connect to my internet I currently have it keeps telling me that my WiFi signal is too weak. I know I could spend 100$ on WiFi boosters or move my PS4 down to the level my router is on, but is there a way I can boost it without doing that? I can bring my phone to where my PlayStation is and it still has internet so I'm not sure exactly what's going on but I am trying to find a solution that preferably does not cost any money. If it does in the end that's fine but I just figured I'd ask around and see if there's a different way.

    submitted by /u/PositiveFifteen
    [link] [comments]

    I have a supid question.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    does dropping electronic hardware make it slower? cause i get supper paranoid after i drop my phone or a handheld device such as a Nintendo switch or a 3ds. maybe it's the placebo effect, but i feel like it get's slower every time it gets dropped. idk, i would like an answer so that i can stop thinking about the last time the kid dropped my Nintendo switch. thank you.

    submitted by /u/edgydonut
    [link] [comments]

    I want to unlink my Facebook ID with my previous ID of pinterest. So that I can login with my FB account into my new pinterest ID. How do I do this? Could someone please help?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    Does ethernet to a panoramic wifi modem matter?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Obviously a wired connection is always better than wireless, but as it was explained to me, all units in my building share wifi.

    We all have individual modems, but we all connect to the same panoramic wifi. I asked the lady if my connection will be better if I just plug an ethernet into my modem, and she just laughed at me and said it wouldn't make a difference because it would still be wifi.

    She doesn't seem like the brightest crayon in the box, but I also don't know how panoramic wifi works, (and I've Googled a few articles about it). So could someone explain how it works and if a wired connection would help?

    I'm basically looking for a wired connection to increase my upload speeds, as my download is pretty good. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    P.S. Bought a cat7 ethernet because I remembered the last time I lived in this area, an ethernet helped with my speeds a LOT. Idk if panoramic makes a difference, so that's why I ask about it. Probably a silly question, but we weren't born knowing how to use technology! :)

    submitted by /u/DrSquibbles
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you mess up the program you write for a PROM chip?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Pc crashes with black squares

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Two days ago my pc randomly was having black squares and green and blue pixels, then crashes with a blue screen. I did a deep scan and saw that the code was an ntkrnlmp.exe. Now when playing games and sometimes just webbing it will do the same thing... freezing the screen, with sometimes the black squares. Any fix!?!

    submitted by /u/Fred981
    [link] [comments]

    Can you guys recommend a good pair of 30$ wireless earbuds?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    I'm buying a new mp3 for my dad (he's old and still uses mp3 players for his music) and he wants a pair of wireless earbuds like I have (I have a pair of raycons) but he only gave me $30 bucks to get them. I'd rather not go with a shady Chinese company that takes a month to arrive, and I want something thats quality, so they don't skip or desync or anything. Anyone got recommendations?

    submitted by /u/SquadPoopy
    [link] [comments]

    NOT MAPPED

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Graphics card is slowly dying even though its less than a year old

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I bought a 1660 TI around July of 2019 and its been working great since then. When I 1st did a UserBenchmark test on the GPU I got a rating of 78%. I put it in my old pc and slowly upgraded parts in the old pc until I had enough money to build a brand new one. Every part in the new PC is brand new except for the GPU. It's been working great with no problems until about a week ago. I started to notice fps stuttering and drops to 0 fps for a split second. I did a userbenchmark and my GPU was rated at 73% and said it was below average. That was manageable but yesterday I was browsing reddit and my fps on REDDIT dropped to near none and I had to wait over 10 seconds to get it back to normal. I closed chrome and ran a UserBenchmark test and I got 2 fps on the 1st GPU test then my screen went black. I restarted my pc, did another userbenchmark, this time it worked fine, and I got a 70% rating. Still below average. And well below what the original rating was. Today I launched up my pc, got on COD Warzone with my friends, and everything looked super blurry and fuzzy. 2 weeks ago I could run the game at ULTRA graphics and now I was running on low, even if it turned it to ultra it didn't change the quality. I did another UserBenchmark and I got a 68.5% today. The score just seems to be getting lower and lower and I think my card is dying even though its less than a year old and hasen't had any problems up till now. Does anyone have any ideas if this is fixable or should I just go ahead and buy a new one.

    TESTS:

    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29208791 (Link to today's results) 68.5% GPU

    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25595647 (Same test 2 months ago) 77% GPU

    SPECS:

    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

    Nvidia GTX 1660-Ti

    Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

    Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

    Seagate Barracuda 4TB

    Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB

    submitted by /u/Aldanukhar
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the reset button in the logitech m185 mouse?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    My girlfriend received a different text message than the one I sent

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    In a normal text conversation with my girlfriend, she received a message in all Chinese characters instead of the one I sent. https://i.imgur.com/mT6D7ua.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/Cruvlbg.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/PvG76tr.png

    She has a Samsung S9. I have a Google Pixel 3. We both use Textra SMS app and neither have ever seen anything like this. It's really freaking me out that one of our phones was infected by the chicoms. I've never taken this phone to China but my last one has.

    submitted by /u/BloobityBloobity
    [link] [comments]

    How to test tubes?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    At work we have 2 very old strobe lights i need to get going. One is basic with incomming 110VAC, goes to a 3 position switch tied to a ceramic resistor bank(for strobe rate), a large square tin can capacitor, and a large 4 pin vacuum tube similar to a 60w bulb in size. Theres a transformer in there then the special strobe light bulb. The 2 fuses check good and i have power going out from them so its either the tube or the bulb.

    The other one is slightly newer but uses 2 smaller tubes with several pins out the bottom. This one slowly blows 2 half amp fuses when turned on like they might e drawing a hair over half amp as it just discolors the fuse element then it breaks Again nothing out of the ordinary and relatively simple setups but im not super familiar with tubes...

    I heard they used to have tube testers in stores youd bring em in and see if they were good or not but any way to do the same with a multimeter or other setup?

    submitted by /u/InsertBluescreenHere
    [link] [comments]

    Is cooling in a PC and other electronics that important if the room it is located in is always cold?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have lived the majority of my life in very hot weather climates and have had to always worry about and invest in keeping my electronics properly cooled. However, I am now moving somewhere that is cold year round and do not see my room ever going a higher temp than in the 70's (farenheit).

    I am planning on purchasing a prebuilt lenovo desktop computer and am wondering if I will need to invest in cooling, as I am used to, or if the temperature of the environment it is in will help keep the system cooler than what I am used to dealing with.

    Any help is greatly appreciated, hope you all are having a great day.

    submitted by /u/HarryBalsagna420
    [link] [comments]

    Purposefully slow down my phone network

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    I'm just wondering if there's a way for me to purposefully slow down and make my phone lag? Like if a certain obnoxious relative starts calling a bit too much, and you want an excuse to not be bothered with long conversations because the phone keeps dipping in and out?
    Thanks

    submitted by /u/mooseofnorway
    [link] [comments]

    whats the downside of having a bigger clustersize? wasted space is counted as half. my 4tb drive have 740k files 740k* 8kb which is half of 16kb leads to about 6gb of wasted space that i can live with why wouldnt i use that over 4k?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    would it improve read speeds and less IO? 32 v 16kb vs 4kb

    submitted by /u/alexman91
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment