• Breaking News

    Friday, May 15, 2020

    Tech Support - How does Alexa record the word "Alexa" and a few seconds before that if "Alexa" is the word that triggers Alexa to record?

    Tech Support - How does Alexa record the word "Alexa" and a few seconds before that if "Alexa" is the word that triggers Alexa to record?


    How does Alexa record the word "Alexa" and a few seconds before that if "Alexa" is the word that triggers Alexa to record?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    Everything I can find says Alexa starts recording after the wake word but if you listen to the recordings on Amazon you can hear the word "Alexa" fully and a word or two before that. How does this work?

    submitted by /u/TobaccoBongHits
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse problem

    Posted: 15 May 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    When I try to click and hold the rmb firmly, it doesn't work, but it works perfectly fine for my mother. I have used mice for years. What could be the problem?

    submitted by /u/antpalmerpalmink
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless mouse across multiple devices ?

    Posted: 15 May 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Hi.

    I wondered if anyone could help me figure a solution (if there is one) to have one wireless keyboard and mouse work instantly across 4 devices with having to remove the dongle each time

    I have

    1. Surface Pro 4 (work)

    2. Dell Laptop (partners work)

    3. Acer Swift (personal)

    4. Samsung dex hub

    I have a 5 x Hdmi port switch for the screen out put but what I'd like to happen is that the active computer instantly works with the mouse.

    Would a standard usb hub work? If so what do I actually plug the hub into?

    Sorry if this is confusing, feel free to ask for more details

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Calvo1
    [link] [comments]

    Will a triple monitor setup work with any AMD iGPU like vega 8?

    Posted: 15 May 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Can I use a laptop as a desktop?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    I got a work from home job recently that requires dual monitors and a PC. I was leaning away from getting an actual desktop because they're more expensive and if I have to relocate I don't want to drag all that stuff with me.

    Can I get a laptop and hook it up to monitors and an external keyboard and stuff? Would that work or be a total pain?

    submitted by /u/yx736338
    [link] [comments]

    Does Facebook use image processing to show ads?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    I knew Facebook is using cookies, microphone (if possible) to learn about users. But today I learned something which was novel to me, ads similar to image in my feed. The link to the screenshot https://i.imgur.com/tHXTmBO.png

    I wonder if they really do it or it's a mare coincident.

    submitted by /u/maysamsh
    [link] [comments]

    Why does a few movies freeze my Samsung BD-J5900 Blu-ray player when playing from PNY USB 3.0?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung BD-J5900 Blu-ray player. Movies are loaded on a PNY USB 3.0. All disc movies play and all USB movies play except 2 or 3 movies on USB.

    The movies that don't work are, The Visual Bible: Matthew, and Left Behind 2. When I play these movies on blu-ray player from USB, player freezes and I must unplugged player to unfreeze. When USB is plugged in computer, they play normally. The discs of these movies play on blu-ray player.

    Does the player freeze because it doesn't have enough power?

    submitted by /u/Marksism30
    [link] [comments]

    Best fitness/golf watch?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a fitness/golf watch, but it's proving difficult without spending $500. I currently have a Garmin watch but it doesn't cover golf courses. I'd love recommendations that can track mountain biking and golf course distances. Screen size and color don't matter to me, I just want dual functionality.

    submitted by /u/croppedcross3
    [link] [comments]

    temperature

    Posted: 14 May 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    so I have a gaming laptop and it runs around 50 - 70c and my gpu just sits at like 70 and 72c. are these safe temperatures?

    submitted by /u/Arudy123
    [link] [comments]

    Help me interpret this (related to bitmaps/ 3 object)

    Posted: 14 May 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    I'm an idiot when it comes to understanding technical discussions. But I taught myself how to make bitmaps in excel. I would now like to make 3d objects the same way (i.e., create the values in excel, convert it to hex, and add the header -- without having to get into anything artistic).

    I found what appears to be a way to do this (or at least do what I want to do). This is from a stack overflow answer (from 5 years ago) on this subject:

    ***

    There is nothing preventing you from using a 3D array of numbers to store pixel data except the memory to store it. Like this:

    struct Pixel { int Red; int Green; int Blue; } public Pixel[,,] myPix3D = new Pixel[300, 300, 300]; 

    That is the "3D equivalent of Bitmap"

    OR, you could store each pixel and its location, to save memory. This way you don't store anything for empty spaces in your object.

    struct Pixel { int Red; int Green; int Blue; double X; double Y; double Z; } 

    ***

    My question: what kind of a file would this be used in? I need to know that to know what the header would look like, and what file extension to use.

    Can someone help give me some easy to understand context?

    Thanks.

    In the alternative, any alternative ways to do this?

    submitted by /u/tskluf
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor's flash drive contains book in progress, is corrupt, need help restoring it.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    I need your help guys. My neighbor's Toshiba 32 GB which contained 10 years of what is to be a book-in-progress is now corrupted. How should I fix this? The exact error I get when I try to access it is:"D:\ is not accessible.The media in the drive may have been changed."

    Any and all help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kevmab01
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in charge of a drive-in theater launching Saturday and our technician needs the movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) in mp4. I'm paying 500 dollars for the rights, but the company I'm paying for the rights will not supply the file. How do I get an unencrypted mp4 version of the movie?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    In a legal way if that is possible. Please help me, I can't sleep and my boss won't help me.

    submitted by /u/maleciousdk
    [link] [comments]

    My boss wants me to install Go To Connect on my personal phone

    Posted: 14 May 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    I'm okay doing this as long as my personal information is secure. He/the business has done a lot for me, and I know it won't be used to bother me during non-working hours. I just want to make sure it's secure, and not a way of spying on my personal device or something. Easy answer is "don't install something for work on a personal phone", but I'm actually just wanting to know if this app would compromise the personal information held on my device, ie photos, or even reddit usage? Go To Connect is a new version of Jive and connects to my work phone extension, allowing incoming calls on my work phone to show up on my cell. I did a quick google, and didn't see anything relating to this...

    My boss does like to spy at work, i know he tracks what I do on my work computer. I'm ok with that because I use my work computer for work, and work all day long. So I'm wondering if this is a way to see if I use my personal phone during business hours or something. I don't abuse my cell phone during business hours, but if this app tracks my personal phone usage at all, I need to draw the line.

    submitted by /u/FUwalmart3000
    [link] [comments]

    Does model number matter for a laptop charger?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    My laptop is an ASUS model X555L. 19.V 2.37A 45 W

    And I bought this charger as it matches everything but the model number. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Portable-Laptop-Power-AC-Adapter-19V-2-37A-45W-Charger-for-Asus-X541-X541S-X541SA-X541U-X541UA-Asus-Power-Supply/PRD43OYSFVC86BC

    Would this be a problem later on? As it hasn't shipped yet so I might cancel the order and look for one that matches the model

    submitted by /u/JeffreyRinas
    [link] [comments]

    Cursor keeps clicking

    Posted: 14 May 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    For some reason while i was messing with the hyperx keyboard rgb software, i noticed my mouse would click without me clicking it. I unplugged my mouse but the cursor still keeps clicking. I tried to look up solutions but they all say its my mouse. I know its not the mouse thats the problem. Please help

    submitted by /u/Riceman__13
    [link] [comments]

    Q: I have a software platform that builds websites for clients (Drupal), and I would like to users to be able to embed a live webinar on their sites so that their stakeholders can join in (view the video and possibly chat and comment) just by loading the page. What service should I use?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Is anyone else doing this? Are you using Zoom? How are you embedding webinars onto websites? Some users of this platform may need to accommodate 300+ viewers at one time.

    submitted by /u/lineinthe
    [link] [comments]

    Please tell me it’s not a scam

    Posted: 14 May 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    This guy is selling an iPhone 11 on offerup for $400. It's still in the box with the plastic wrap. He said he won it from someone's online give away and he doesn't need it. I'm interested and I figured I'd ask questions to forgive out if it's legit or if it's a scam. I told him if he proved it was a real phone that I'd buy. He lives pretty close, a 5 min drive away from me. He is a student. He wants cash. Anyways he gave me the serial & IMEI numbers, and they seem to check out. The Apple website page that checks the serial/ IMEI says it's an "IPhone 11 Max Pro," it says it has a valid purchase date, it also says "Telephone Technical Support: Active," "Repairs and Service Coverage: Active," and "Covered by AppleCare+," "Coverage end date: November 2, 2021."

    I told him I want to buy today. Please give me feed back. I first thought this was a scam but after checking the serial/IMEI I want to buy!

    submitted by /u/lepanda579
    [link] [comments]

    I need a rain sensor that once it starts raining turns on a switch. In this case it will be a ventilation system.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, searched and this was the closest sub I found that I thought could help. I've been searching for a while for this sensor!

    submitted by /u/ChemiluminescentPup
    [link] [comments]

    why is my computer audio coming through my mic?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    I was listening to music in one of my online classes and my teacher told me that she could hear the music as well. How did that happen I thought that they could only hear my voice. How can I fix this? I was using zoom btw.

    submitted by /u/elchapobutinwhite
    [link] [comments]

    Why I'm I logged out of my3 app?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    So I was using my phone and I decided to check my three account, I accidently clicked something which led to me being logged out of my three account. I think i must of clicked "you requested for a new sim card". What should I do?

    submitted by /u/itsdanz
    [link] [comments]

    I need help on chosing a graphic card

    Posted: 14 May 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    I have a gt630 2gb at the moment and can't run some games I already bought, I have a budget of around 250-300$. I was thinking about buying a gtx1050 4gb but I can't seem to find wether it would fit in my motherboard.

    submitted by /u/zCastorNinja
    [link] [comments]

    Isn't the PS5 graphics demo fake ?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere

    The new PS5 looks either prerendered or is actually not being rendered by a PS5 ,building a console that's capable of rendering thousands of trillions of triangles without any baked light and with 4k textures under about $500 is IMPOSSIBLE cuz that's something that the RTX 2080 is barely capable of , and also the PS5 is in testing so making things this much optimized is impossible

    So, how is this actually working?

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    I have a gaming laptop. Is it possible to install games to an external hard drive and still be able to play them?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    Also, if the answer is yes, do I have to reinstall them if I unplug the hard drive?

    Sorry if this is a really stupid question!

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/WhyIsItAlwaysKenny
    [link] [comments]

    ISO - best help desk / service desk solution with many integrations

    Posted: 14 May 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    I am in search of the best helpdesk / servicedesk for my company. We create software and hardware solutions for retail and industrial clients.

    It should have the following features:

    1. Create requests via phone, WhatsApp, web form, and chat.

    2. Asset management. Tie assets to tickets, track service contracts, & track hardware warranties.

    3. Hosted in the USA by an established company (over 5 years old).

    4. Able to integrate with Jira, TeamViewer, Salesforce, Opsgenie, Microsoft IOT, Pagerduty, & Microsoft Teams.

    I have administered Zendesk in the past, which would work, and I like it well enough, but I'm casting a wide net to see if there is a particular solution I might be unaware of. I am not a developer so the product needs to be a low-code or no-code solution which does not require a dedicated staff person for administration or hiring a third party. As such, I have already ruled out Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce Service Cloud, and ServiceNow.

    submitted by /u/shelfy-manager
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment