• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 14, 2020

    Tech Support - I want to buy a camera, just a camera not a phone or a tablet or a watch

    Tech Support - I want to buy a camera, just a camera not a phone or a tablet or a watch


    I want to buy a camera, just a camera not a phone or a tablet or a watch

    Posted: 14 May 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I want a simple camera that takes decent quality pics that I can plug into my laptop and upload. price range prob about $300 max. I want it to take pictures of my pencil and paper drawings.

    submitted by /u/42142
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to upgrade a 10 year old laptop?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    I have an HP Pavilion dm4 that I bought in 2010, I could upgrade the 4gb of RAM to 8 and get an SSD hard drive, but is it even worth it to try and upgrade it at this point rather than buy a whole new laptop?

    Edit: Thank you all! After reading through your comments, I remembered I used to Photoshop a lot and that I'll probably get back into it if I have a decent pc, and after researching the cost of RAM, I've decided to look into purchasing a new laptop instead of upgrading. Thank you for all your advice!

    submitted by /u/SleepyFox_13_
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally spilled water on my phone, now there are some spots on my phone that are darker or lighter than others.

    Posted: 14 May 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    I'm pretty sure this is the right place to ask this, so here I go. As the title suggests, could have water damage caused it? And what are some ways to fix it, if there are any?

    And here's some additional information, to specify what i'm dealing with here. -They only appear darker and/or lighter than other spots on my phone, the pixels are not dead. -My screen still works perfectly fine. -The spots are still there after I reset my phone.

    submitted by /u/NotSoRainbow
    [link] [comments]

    Why do phone makers keep releasing new feature phones?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    This is something I've always wondered about. A feature phone/dumbphone is basically old tech. They aren't supposed to have any cutting-edge features. Despite this, manufacturers continue to release brand new models year after year that are functionally nearly identical.

    For example, the Nokia 110-9845.php) was just released a few months ago. This phone is from 2003. Both have small, squarish color screens, VGA cameras, and 4 MB of memory.

    In a year or two, Nokia will probably discontinue the Nokia 110 and release another similar feature phone in a slightly different casing. Most likely it will also have the same small, squarish color screen and the same poor quality VGA camera and the same 4 MB of memory for storing files.

    This seems rather wasteful to me. For each new model, you need new designers and engineers, contracts with suppliers, regulatory approval, machine retooling, marketing materials, etc.

    What is the reason for releasing so many feature phones year after year that offer nothing new rather than simply selling the older tech at a lower price point? After all, I'm sure something like the Motorola RAZR could be produced today for less than $50.

    For a while, Apple seemed to have the right idea in the sense that their older flagship model would become the more affordable option when a successor was released but Apple doesn't deal with feature phones and with the discontinuation of the iPhone 8 and launch of the iPhone SE 2 late last month, it seems like they have abandoned this approach as well.

    submitted by /u/lastprayertogod
    [link] [comments]

    2017 MacBook Air Won’t Turn On

    Posted: 14 May 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    A few days ago my girlfriend spilled a bit of water on her macbook and it wouldnt turn on for about an hour. We left it in the pyramid position for about 24 hours and it turned back on. It worked for a few days completely fine, died and would charge and turn on after incident. However now this time the macbook died and it seems to be charging as the screen shows the battery with a lighting symbol below, but the charger light will not turn green and has been charging for 3+ hours. Tried SMC reset, disconnecting charger, cleaning debris, new outlets and nothing works. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/pescadito_malito
    [link] [comments]

    How do I use this GitHub thing?

    Posted: 14 May 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Because YouTube's shuffle playlist feature doesn't seem to work properly (and neither does Randomtube anymore) I'm trying to find another way to play my YouTube playlists in random order and be able to click next and go to another random video from within my playlist.

    That led me here: https://github.com/lentz/youtube-shuffle

    But I'm totally non-techie and I don't have any idea what I'm looking at.

    What do I click on? How do I use whatever it is that kind Jesse Lentz has provided for us?

    It was updated only 5 days ago so I feel it might help me, but I don't know how I can use it.

    Help a dumb person out please.

    submitted by /u/becausehippo
    [link] [comments]

    why is my mic quality so bad on group ft?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    when i group ft with my friends they always yell at me cause my mic is so bad but idk what it my mic works fine on everything else i even tried my airpods but nothing works. i have good wifi, an iphone 11 and it works fine on snapchat or when i ft other people what can i do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/itsenvious333
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to install Chromium

    Posted: 13 May 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    I hadn't installed Chromium manually,so I'm guessing it was downloaded as a malware by another third party app. I have tried everything said online. It is not there in my computer files,not appearing in control panel or task manager and no trace of it is left in the computer registry.I am clueless as to what else I can do to remove Chromium.It takes over the top of the screen after I switch on the laptop. It also does not appear in my taskbar below even if I am using it or it is running. Please help.

    submitted by /u/Sriram2111
    [link] [comments]

    Valorant Keys

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    So I see all the hype about this new game "valorant" and valorant keys but I don't really understand what's the point of them. I can install the game just fine without it

    submitted by /u/AdorableFix1
    [link] [comments]

    VR users

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    I was thinking of getting my first VR headset. I don't currently have a PC or have had a PC. I didn't know if it would be a better to: A. decision to get or build a PC and get a pc-VR headset Or B. Get only a standalone VR headset

    submitted by /u/beastkee
    [link] [comments]

    Does the ZTE Max support screen mirroring via micro USB to HDMI?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    How enlarge the size of the second minitor?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    I have 1 extra monitor (720p) and my main monitor in my notebook (1080p), but when I cross the mouse to one monitor to the another it has that bars in the borders that dont let me freely pass the mouse through, because my main monitor (full HD) is smaller than the second monitor (HD). How can I enlarge the size of the second one so Windows can actually see the real size of the monitors?
    Photo: https://imgur.com/a/zn4zHKi

    submitted by /u/Lewris
    [link] [comments]

    Why is a search less effective the more I'm specific with keywords?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    For example, if I know the document has a specific sentence and I search it by that sentence, it is less likely for the search results to show said document than I type in a few keywords?

    submitted by /u/ministryofcake
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet port speeds?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Here in Australia our internet is trash, my internet clocks atm using a 20m Ethernet cable to be 45.57Mbps (on speedtest.net. This is actually rather good) . I want to get a power-line adapter so that I don't have a huge cable running the length of the house. I am looking at TP-LINK TL-PA4010PKIT AV600 but the speeds of all this confuse me. Since Australian internet is trash, this adapter should be capable of supplying maximum?

    submitted by /u/Papa-Ge
    [link] [comments]

    New cell phone in United States

    Posted: 13 May 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Hello. My two years is up on my cell phone contract and I am wondering the best way to buy a new one and cell my old one. It seems at the Verizon store I always feel like I am getting ripped off. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/strangerdays07
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi on a desktop

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I know I can buy a card to install into my pc, but are there any reliable alternatives? I've heard of USB drives that can perform the function, but I don't know if they're any good. Any input is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Riktrmai
    [link] [comments]

    I want a dumb device I can connect to a non smart tv and have video calls.

    Posted: 13 May 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    Thats it, plug the camera/mic device thing in the tv, connect it to the wifi and be able to make/receive calls.

    What can I use for that?

    submitted by /u/fuck_your_diploma
    [link] [comments]

    Toshiba Laptop Issues

    Posted: 13 May 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius P55W-B522 that will only start if I hard reset using the reset button/hole. Even though it does start, it shuts off on its own.

    Hoping someone might be able to help me troubleshoot the issue.

    submitted by /u/angwaa
    [link] [comments]

    KVM Switch and USB peripheral ports

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    I'm looking to add a kvm switch to my home work set up. Only issue is that Im finding kvm switches that are either overkill or falling short of what Im looking for. Ideally I'm looking for: -connects to my laptop and desk top -will support 4k video to one monitor at 60hz -comes with 4 or more USB ports for more peripherals than just a mouse and keyboard.

    Alternatively, can I use a USB hub to add extra ports? If I can, does it need to be powered?

    Grateful for any recommendations or help in finding a solution.

    submitted by /u/Smilemaker_Tomokatsu
    [link] [comments]

    I have the intel ME file of my computer how do i hex edit it to set the alt-disablebit?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Need help looking for a software to create interactive tables

    Posted: 13 May 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Hello there, recently I've been assigned to create a English modals table for my job, I need to create interactive buttons that would make the words appear or pop up when I click on them on a empty graph. any ideas? I've got a PC laptop and a Ipad pro.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sleepytreedroids
    [link] [comments]

    Requesting for a hands free communication device

    Posted: 13 May 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    Hello I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I was looking for a hands free communication similar to something like a baby monitor or a walkie talikie. The device will be used in somewhat of a noisy environment and is used for communication between employees and customer to reduce contact. Range of the device is not a concern because they will be placed quite literally right next to one another.

    submitted by /u/Scyoner
    [link] [comments]

    Motorola one action vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T

    Posted: 13 May 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    So I'm in the market for a new phone and I decided that I'm between these two specifically for the camera specifications. I found both of them for the exact same price and I'm currently torn on which one will produce the better quality photographs. I know the note 8T has 48 megapixels and four cameras while the Motorola one action has a 13 megapixel camera and 3 cameras however I know sometimes photograph quality might not be based off of the megapixels so I was wondering if there was anyone out there who happened to try out both of these phones and which one was your favorite based off of the camera specification? I had a friend tell me I should just get an iPhone the honestly I've never really seen the hype surrounding iPhone for the price. I've also thought about going back to my Galaxy S6 call me Amish or living under a rock but that has been my favorite phone since it came out also curious so how are these two photos compared to the Galaxy S6 or the iPhone 6s

    submitted by /u/mrsmelvin
    [link] [comments]

    How do keyboards work?

    Posted: 13 May 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    As in when you plug a keyboard into a computer and press the S key, how does the computer know you pressed S?

    And can this be changed? So when I press the S key it types something else like the degrees symbol for example. And not specific to that computer, I know hot keys and other things allow you to map keys. I'd want the keyboard to be permanently changed so that plugging it to another computer; it would still type the new symbol.

    submitted by /u/apricotcarguy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment