• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 4, 2020

    Tech Support - What is it between OS versions that makes applications like AVID Media Compiser or Ableton not work anymore?

    Tech Support - What is it between OS versions that makes applications like AVID Media Compiser or Ableton not work anymore?


    What is it between OS versions that makes applications like AVID Media Compiser or Ableton not work anymore?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:48 AM PST

    And why does it take months for those companies to update sometimes?

    The Mac Pro ships with the latest OS version and also has an optional card that's a collaboration between AVID and Apple, but the software doesn't work for the OS version yet.

    Why does this happen?

    submitted by /u/ARTISTIC_ASSHOLE
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good recommendation for an affordable video editing NAS / server?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:16 AM PST

    I have nearly 12TB of video that I need to be accessible over a fast network for multi-PC editing in a new studio setup. What would be a good NAS / server option for reliable and speedy video editing? To clarify, I'd need a server to serve the media, not do the rendering.

    submitted by /u/imperfectspoon
    [link] [comments]

    Question about virtual machines

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 03:18 AM PST

    I know nothing about virtual machines so, sorry if this is a dumb question.

    If I install a VM will my pc get instantly slower just by installing it or this only happens when I'm using it?

    submitted by /u/Esgalha
    [link] [comments]

    School e-mail hacked?!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 02:33 AM PST

    Guys please help our school use e-class my friend received a mail that if she cannot pay that much amount of money to the hacker the hacker will leaked the video of my friend and the browsing page as well btw the hacker mentioned he or she has been tracking my friend for months now what should she do?

    submitted by /u/invisible1005
    [link] [comments]

    Updating hardware on Linux with VM’s

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:06 PM PST

    Probably a stupid question, but I'll cut to the chase. I'm upgrading my system's hardware and switching over to Linux Manjaro. One of the upgrades I'm doing is switching my Zotac GTX 1080 Mini for an RTX 2080.

    My question is, what happens if I switch to Manjaro first, pass the GTX 1080 off to a VM of Windows 10, then upgrade the GPU to a RTX 2080 down the line? Will the system automatically assign that to my VM? Or will I need to jump through all the tedious command prompts again to pass it over?

    submitted by /u/trgoldfox
    [link] [comments]

    Computer Keeps Crashing

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:55 PM PST

    Crashes quite frequently and crashes even sooner when on video games. When crashing, it either restarts on it's own or straight freezes and I'm forced to restart.
    Specs: RX 460
    DDR3 8GB
    AMD A10-7870K

    submitted by /u/LadyCubt
    [link] [comments]

    Replace image streamed by a surveillance camera with a pre-recorded video

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 12:12 PM PST

    My friend's parents are leaving for the weekend and he wants to throw a party at his house but they have an IP camera in the living room. It's a Netatmo Welcome camera with live streaming option. Simply turning it off will be too suspicious.

    So we're looking for a way to replace the streamed image with a video/picture of the house being empty. I have no idea if that's possible that's why I'm posting here. If you have other solutions to this problem, please post them. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Serious-Jelly
    [link] [comments]

    Wi-Fi connection Problem

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:34 PM PST

    I am constantly hitting "Can't Connect to this network issue"

    I have tried with flushing DNS, checking for driver update(latest version), forget network and connect again, but it is still not working.

    It has 3 Bars of Wi-Fi but when clicked connect, it those the error message.

    Using a HP PC.

    Do let me know what other info you would need.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/mewantknow
    [link] [comments]

    What would come first to learn- computer science, or computer engineering?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:34 PM PST

    How many apps have you created? What is the most apps you’ve ever heard of somebody creating?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:29 PM PST

    Broken IPhone6+. Is it a busted battery?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:02 PM PST

    I tried plugging it in with different cables, power banks, and power supplies. Nothing works. I restarted it and it went to 100% to 75% to dead in 10 seconds. My computer doesn't detect my phone. It kept doing that until I just left it alone for a few hours and came back to turn it on. It said it was out of battery. Now when I plug it in, it turns on but it's stuck on the apple logo and restarts on loop. Otherwise it doesn't turn on at all. If it's a battery issue I know I can fix it but idk if that's the case due to my computer not detecting the phone. Clearly it tries to give it power *because as stated earlier it does turn on and starts looping startup when I plug it into my computer* but before it started booting on loop it didn't show any signs of charging. Getting a new phone isn't an option for me.

    submitted by /u/SirGeekums
    [link] [comments]

    so somethings wrong with my discord

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 06:37 PM PST

    ok so whenever i try to open discord an error pops up it says that a javascript error has occurred in the proccess and nothing ive tried workseven updating java please help

    submitted by /u/azrael_arch250
    [link] [comments]

    Will a 4K 144Hz/120Hz cable also work at 70Hz?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:37 PM PST

    I am considering buying a monitor that supports 4K@70Hz via the display port connector. I have a macbook pro with only USB-C ports, so I would need to buy a USB-C -> Display Port cable, however it seems they come in two flavors - 4K@60Hz or 8K@60Hz, which also supports 4K@144/120Hz.

    If I get a 4K@144/120Hz capable cable, will it also run at 70Hz? Is there even much of a noticeable difference between 60 and 70Hz?

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    Short Circuiting

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:21 PM PST

    Can a phone with no power short circuit?

    submitted by /u/TwoUp32
    [link] [comments]

    Tips to preserve a new gaming laptop's performance for as long as possible?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:45 AM PST

    I've had several gaming laptops for the past 7-8 years but they all end up with the same problems: thermal throttling & bad battery. I am most likely not taking good care of my laptops because they do wear out pretty fast. I play on maximum power for a lot of hours straight almost every day and keep the battery plugged in always.

    I was wondering if there were some things I could do that would preserve the battery and prevent the arise of thermal throttling?

    Is there any difference for the laptop if I only play on maximum performance for say 60 minutes at a time and then take a 15 minute break with no load? Or if I don't keep the battery plugged in all the time and let it drop to low % more often?

    submitted by /u/A_Sad_Goblin
    [link] [comments]

    The actual technology is capable to hear inside the head to hear thoughts? Or how far are we to create that technology?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:14 PM PST

    Imagine knowing lies, mental problems or who's bad

    submitted by /u/Bugueng
    [link] [comments]

    How to control circuit with motion sensor?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:48 AM PST

    I posted this in r/askelectronics and was redirected here.

    So I have a circuit operating at 24VAC. Terminals 6 and 7 close to activate the unit (floor sanitizer)

    If I could find a 24VAC motion sensor this wouldn't be a problem. All I'm able to find are 120vac or 12-24vdc sensors.

    It would need a sensing range of roughly 6-10ft

    So should I get a dc or ac sensor and how would I remedy the voltage discrepancies?

    submitted by /u/Random-goblin
    [link] [comments]

    Big problem with apple watch

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 01:55 PM PST

    I have a apple watch that I factory reset but forgot to unpair and it sits on the apple logo then turns back off then shows it again then turns off for the last time. I don't wanna send it to apple because it wouldn't be worth the money to repair it.

    submitted by /u/Cocaocoa
    [link] [comments]

    Recovering Pictures and Video After 6 Months?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:19 AM PST

    So last year, around June or July, my phone's memory filled up so I moved all my camera pictures and video to my laptop. And like the genius I am, I waited until January to back it up.

    Unfortunately, the day I was going to do so, my friend broke my laptop and the hard drive failed. They weren't able to recover anything.

    I was wondering if it's possible to still recover it from my phone? I know it's a long shot since it's been so long, but its 4 years worth of pictures and video. It's a Samsung Galaxy S8.

    submitted by /u/AvianEren17
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 - lost all documents

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:16 AM PST

    Hey folks. Not sure how this happened but my Windows 10 laptop seems to have reset my user profile to default or something. Everything was fine until I did a normal restart. All of a sudden I get a black screen for a few minutes. Then my computer starts up as if I'm using Windows 10 for the first time. My old profile name was the same but I lost all of my documents and a few of my installed programs, (but not all which is kind of weird).

    I had read about this happening and a common cause was that Windows had given the person a temporary user account. But that does not seem to be the case with me. Just about everything about my profile seems the same except I lost the picture I was using.

    But the scary thing is 100% of my documents are M.I.A. - photos, videos, downloads etc... Any idea what has happened? I spent hours scouring Google for a solution but nothing worked for me/

    submitted by /u/Bleak5170
    [link] [comments]

    TV as a Personal Corkboard/Todo

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Good morning, internet!

    I have a situation. I'm hoping that by describing the situation, you can help me brainstorm a solution.

    (1) I like the advantages of having a whiteboard with my daily/weekly/monthly todos.

    (2) I use a Asana to keep track of my tasks and projects.

    Could I somehow have a TV that displays my Asana dashboard at all times?

    I'm thinking this would have the benefit of not needing to erase and re-write things on the whiteboard, being able to manage it online anywhere/anytime, and I can still have a physical "board" that I can see in my room.

    Some ideas I had are:

    • TV + PC This would be the easiest, but I don't have an extra PC I can just spare for this project, and using my own PC for this purpose would be permanently allocating some of my PC's resources, which I'd like to avoid if possible.
    • TV + RaspberryPi I know the concept of what RaspberryPi is, but I've never played with it-- so I wouldn't even know whether it's the best solution, whether it's possible, or how to set it up.
    • SmartTV or Chromecast + Opening Asana on a Chrome browser + casting. Maybe?
    • I don't even know at this point.

    Thanks for taking the time to read, and I appreciate any input and feedback :)

    submitted by /u/doongmiin
    [link] [comments]

    need to change bad network adapter

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:38 AM PST

    Guys its me waltz here! As you know my name already we good to go ...

    Got a laptop hp probook g6 455r and model number is literally "7DD56ES" want to change this with new wifi 6 adapter🤗

    https://www.amazon.com/UFON-MU-MIMO-Wirelss-Bluetooth-Support/dp/B07SH6GV5S

    i got big wifi problems with that wifi adapter... any help will be appreciated🙏🙏🙏

    submitted by /u/theblackwaltz72
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment