• Breaking News

    Monday, February 3, 2020

    Tech Support - Stolen iPhone

    Tech Support - Stolen iPhone


    Stolen iPhone

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:32 PM PST

    My iPhone was stolen while I was out. I can see the location of where the phone was stolen but wanted to know if there was any possible way to actively track the phone while it is offline?

    submitted by /u/happynsadthesametime
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify region locking

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:41 PM PST

    I've been looking into this for the past hour or so, trying to get past Spotify's region lock to listen to music that for some reason isn't available in my country (Canada). Seen multiple suggestions of using a VPN but had no luck with that. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get past this?

    submitted by /u/CelestialKnighthawk
    [link] [comments]

    Long story but a guy stole a male friends snap account(I didnt believe him for a ehile)and has been sending me the friends dick every day. He is able to unblock people that block him. How is this possible. I've emailed snapchat. Can I do anything else?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:19 AM PST

    Torrents way slower on VPN

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:07 PM PST

    Not getting anywhere near the download speeds on my torrent client that I would expect.

    Torrent client: Deluge

    VPN service: AirVPN

    VPN client: OpenVPN (I have unrelated issues with the Eddie client)

    ISP: Xfinity (300 down/~20-25 up)

    Average speeds w/o VPN: 320-350 down/25 up

    Average speed w/ VPN: 150-200 down/25 up

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Normally, download speeds max at 2 MiBps, average 1.0-1.2MiBps. Only number of files limited. No # of connection, download rate, or upload rate limits.

    I did side by side testing by downloading a copy of Ubuntu with the following results:

    w/ VPN: 4.4 MiBps max (faster than normal, oddly)

    w/o VPN: 37 MiBps max (approx. my full bandwidth, 300 Mbps)

    I've tried connecting with other servers in other countries (US, Canada, and Sweden), tried TCP and UDP both on port 443 as well as UDP on 80, but they were the same or worse. I tried SSL on 443 and the other port options, but couldn't get a connection.

    I'm not even expecting my full speed potential. I understand there is some overhead that will get in the way. But 12 percent of max is LOW.

    Sidenote: Something I noticed to when running the test, without the VPN, I was connecting to fewer seeders than without, yet still getting better speeds. Like it was able to prioritize higher speed connections or that the VPN made me unable to connect to those higher speed seeders? I don't know.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kryptonianCodeMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need a special control board to make a touch screen work?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Hello, I have an old Dell inspiron laptop that has stopped working. The screen does work perfectly and I want to use it as a small monitor screen for my rasberry pi 4. My question is do I need a special control board to make the touch functionality of the screen work? or will it work by itself once I download the drivers? If any of you has any thoughts about this matter I would really appreciate the help. Thank you for you're time.

    submitted by /u/Seth-LH
    [link] [comments]

    Can a Blue Snowball Ice mic work with a Canon Vixia HF r800?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:46 PM PST

    I plan on making a gaming Youtube channel and im not trying to spend too much money rightnow. The Vixia HF r800 seems like a good enough camera thats not too expensive but from what ive seen not all mics work with it. The mic has to provide its own power meaning it needs to be battery powered or connected to an external power source. Ive heard good things on the Snowball Ice mic but im not sure if its self powering or if I can connect the charger (if there is one) to it while its working with the camera. If not are there any mics around the price range of the snowball (50 bucks) that can work with the Vixia HF r800? Or are there any cameras around the price range (200 bucks) that work well or better than the Vixia that are less picky with mics?

    submitted by /u/francheesemo
    [link] [comments]

    New monitor

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:38 PM PST

    basically my hdmi port stopped working on my monitor so I had to move my ps4 back to my tv. what a good monitor for a second monitor for pc and ps4? itll go towards my pc build as well as a second monitor.

    submitted by /u/Soggy_Trumpet
    [link] [comments]

    Best screen recording app.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I'd like to make a series of videos for my Mom showing her how to do simple tasks. I probably get a call a week how to attach a file to an email.

    What's the best option for a screen recording app that allows me to provide narration? Platform is Windows.

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    Android 10 battery saver questions

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:09 PM PST

    I don't know if these are Android 10 features or if they are specific only to pixel devices, but why does battery saver on my pixel 2, grey out while charging? Also why does turning on battery saver, prevent "ok Google" detection?

    submitted by /u/Railman20
    [link] [comments]

    What’s this “Hidden Photos and Videos” feature in the Amazon Photos iOS app?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:58 PM PST

    I've searched and searched but the option under settings doesn't seem to do anything. I can't hide photos in my Amazon Photos app, so what the heck is that for?

    submitted by /u/subdep
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to use a google play card without an android device?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:37 PM PST

    Ok so maybe I'm in the wrong place, figured it was the best place to ask. So I received a google play card ($25) by mistake. They intended to give me a iTunes card. So I wanted to see if there was any work around to potentially use it so I can use the money on a game that is on both IOS and Android (hearthstone). I wanted to buy an adventure on it, and since I can't really return a card Gave to me, I figured I'd see if there is any work around.

    Ohh and also My laptop is broke so I can't download the android emulator to just download hearthstone and use the google play on it. So any other options for me, or am I basically just going to have to sell the card?

    submitted by /u/VenomMurkz
    [link] [comments]

    Does using an HDMI splitter+extender add latency to my video feed?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:09 PM PST

    Right now my Switch is hooked up to a powered splitter, one of those outputs then goes to a male to female HDMI cable that's connected to my monitor, is it likely there's a lot of latency added because of this? If so, and I know this is asking a lot, roughly how much could that cause?

    submitted by /u/ConfusedRainbow
    [link] [comments]

    Access bios on external monitor

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:36 PM PST

    My laptop screen is broken but I want to use the laptop with an external monitor. To do so I need to get into the bios menu. The laptop works all fine and it opens windows on the external monitor. Whenever I try to get into the bios I only see a black screen.

    I was trying to reset the bios by taking out the cmos battery. I have no way to find the cmos battery.

    Laptop: Asus N750JK-T4069H

    Pictures from inside laptop:

    https://imgur.com/a/H4DYTrQ

    submitted by /u/Available_Window
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on low cost android phones?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:54 PM PST

    Hi all! So I currently have a Samsung Galaxy A20 and I don't think they're available anymore.. Does anyone have any suggestions on a similarly priced/capable phone that I should keep in mind for when I have to replace it?

    submitted by /u/rrockstar1
    [link] [comments]

    Info on self-balancing unicycle ESC and Android app

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:56 AM PST

    I have been given a Solo Craft self-balancing unicycle like this https://www.groupon.com/deals/gs-solo-craft-electric-bikes. Batteries are missing and I don't know whether the device works or not. Unfortunately I don't have any history or other info on this thing.

    I took it apart and searched online (a lot). It takes up to three 60V battery packs that are quite expensive ($70 each) so I don't want to order them until I am 100% sure it works fine; I don't need it, but it could be a fun toy for my son.

    I connected it to a power supply and it seems to work; the 4 leds light up and after a bit, it does self balance. It's of course very hard for me to ride it when connected to the PS, but I can see that it can move forward and backward. When I lean too much, the motor emits a very weird vibration and then the buzzer beeps a few times. I assume is some sort of safety protection, but I don't have any experience with this device. Also, the "natural" position in which it self balances is very forward and I haven't found a way to re-calibrate it (tried holding the power button for some time).

    On the ESC here is a bluetooth board that should connect to an app, but I couldn't find it in the Android app store. The unicycle seems to be sold also as Xiaotu Star-I (this is the device showing when pairing the BT). The Star-I though has a special button for calibration where mine doesn't (found the manual online, but it won't apply to mine).

    Here are two pictures of the ESC, this seems a generic part, so I wonder if anybody has more info on it.

    https://imgur.com/rynqdGr

    https://imgur.com/EdbzPhY

    What I would like to know:

    1) is the vibration when leaning too much forward/backward normal?

    2) how to re-calibrate this thing without the app? I can see some unused two-pin connectors on the ESC, I wonder if the calibration button should be connected to one

    3) where can I find the app?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/99posse
    [link] [comments]

    Acer acer 6312-hw keboard

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:19 AM PST

    now before you judge me. let me tell you what i am trying to do. i found this keyboard in a second hand store and thought it would be fun to make a extremly cheap mechanical keyboard.

    My question is. Is there any way i can get a case that is minimalistic? The case that came with the keyboard is just awfull and gross.

    And if you know stuff about cleaning old mechanical keyboards then i would like some tips about how to clean it properly

    submitted by /u/WhyIsFredeHappy
    [link] [comments]

    2.4ghz wireless headphones to phone

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:56 AM PST

    Hello, i does anyone know if it is possible to connect my 2.4ghz wireless headphones to my phone. I tried to put the 2.4ghz adapter into my otg adapter, phone shows headphones icon and the headphones and the headphones make a beep to show they are connected, but when I try playing some music, no sound is comming out of the headphones. So, is there any way to do it this way or should i just use the aux?

    submitted by /u/DodoThePro
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to access this old website?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Hello! Long story short in 2013 my friends and i made this shitty imovie music video and we want to see it again. The problem is that the webpage was taken down and the video was removed. We were able to get to the webpage but we still can't get to the video.: https://nj01000230.schoolwires.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=9916&ViewID=E324842B-E4A3-44C3-991A-1E716D4A99E3&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=17284&PageID=9338

    I tried using waybackmachine but it isn't on there. Is there a way I'd be able to access the video?

    submitted by /u/invader-iim
    [link] [comments]

    I have little kids now and want to minimize the radiation around my home from my devices?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:29 AM PST

    Should I connect my iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch, etc to Wi-Fi at all times or is it better to connect to the cellular network to minimize radiation around my home? I know the difference may be negligible but with my new little ones, I'd like to minimize everything I can on their developing minds! I already have the Wi-Fi router placed far away from their rooms and am trying to learn more about what else I can do

    submitted by /u/diku_gagoodiu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment