• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 1, 2019

    Tech Support - What's the best way to control internet access via mobile data (allow/block domains) on Android Devices?

    Tech Support - What's the best way to control internet access via mobile data (allow/block domains) on Android Devices?


    What's the best way to control internet access via mobile data (allow/block domains) on Android Devices?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:55 AM PST

    Is there a way to do this on work phones with no backdoor/workaround?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/emin2pacc
    [link] [comments]

    why are custom android ROM builds device-specific?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:05 PM PST

    Like with LineageOS, from what I've read there's no build that is just universally compatible w all/most android devices. There's just a ton of different builds specific to different devices. Why is it like that? What is it about the hardware/OS that makes it have to be like this?

    submitted by /u/lalanry
    [link] [comments]

    Can I purchase a Kaspersky subscription now and only activate it next year October? I already have a subscription, but these black friday deals are ridiculous.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:44 AM PST

    Basically, can I purchase a Kaspersky subscription for 2 years today, and only activate it in a year while still getting the full 2 years of subscription?

    submitted by /u/AlexDP1001
    [link] [comments]

    Can't receive OTPs from certain businesses

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 03:24 AM PST

    Hi! I recently factory reset my Samsung Galaxy S8 because of some issues with the touchscreen, only to find that after the reset I couldn't receive the verification code for WhatsApp, or Telegram, or my bank. Neither their texts nor calls are received on my phone, though I receive other texts and calls just fine. I've been in touch with the businesses' customer services and my provider but no one seems to have heard about the problem before or know how to solve it. I tried a new SIM card and I tried my SIM card in different phones (though all Samsung phones, which is why I contacted Samsung but haven't heard back from them yet). I also tried resetting my phone again, but nothing seems to help - does anyone have any idea what might be the problem and how it can be solved? At this point I'm thinking of buying a non-Samsung phone, but if that doesn't help then I'll have wasted quite a lot of money.

    submitted by /u/HadesxPluto
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended PSU

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 02:37 AM PST

    Hi! I've just bought a rx 5700 xt gaming oc and noticed that I my power supply is just 500W but the recommended PSU for the graphics card is 550-700W. Will it still be possible to use the computer without the monitor turning off or do I have to buy a new power supply?

    submitted by /u/Pirdie
    [link] [comments]

    Sandisk ibi

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:25 AM PST

    My mother is of an older generation and loves to take photos on her phone. Her current phone gallery has 4,000+ photos and she has run out of room on said phone.

    Do you think a device such as the Sandisk ibi would be beneficial for her storing photos without her losing phone storage? Also, does anyone know of a similar, less expensive version as I'm currently between jobs? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Enocahc
    [link] [comments]

    Need help setting heading audio up

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:12 PM PST

    so i can i hear but i cant talk with my headset can someone help me fix the problem

    I mean Headset*

    submitted by /u/IsallenGod
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone tried the Raycon E25s? Or the xFyro xS2s?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 12:49 AM PST

    Which would you consider buying? Or neither?

    submitted by /u/TheCatSaysWoof
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. Did my girlfriend get a virus? how bad is it? Are we screwed?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 11:53 PM PST

    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I could really use some help or advice. My girlfriend got a link from a fake email claiming to be her sister she didn't think anything of it and clicked the link twice it sent her to a page not found screen and that's it she received another one later and found out that it wasn't from her sister and the account that sent it wasn't actually her sister. I have the URL I've ran it through some url scanners and only one came out as abuse (no clue what that means) on urlvoid I can send the link but I feel like posting it is probably a bad idea but her phone hasn't been acting all that different she said that in WhatsApp she has to press the switch camera button a few times for it to finally change to the back camera that's something that worries me but it could also just be her phone. I used Avast and Malwarebytes to scan and see if there were any sketchy files and nothing came up.

    Tldr. My girlfriend clicked on a sketchy link and I don't know if it was a virus send help please

    submitted by /u/joziesmozie
    [link] [comments]

    Do phone repair stores look through your photos?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 09:28 AM PST

    So my phone wont charge so I brought it into a phone repair store & they asked for my password & without thinking I gave it to them. They said it's to look through the settings to see if its anything there. It was only till I got home that I realized I have some "photos" that I rather they don't see. Will they look through?

    submitted by /u/memeboi48
    [link] [comments]

    How to view entire chrome link description?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 08:11 PM PST

    I see an old link that has a partial description that I'm trying to get the full version of. When I go to the link the page itself has been deleted.

    Anyone know how to view the entire description instead of it doing a few sentences the trails off with "..."

    (I'm talking the descriptions below a link once you do a Google search)

    submitted by /u/Snurtysnurts
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion about USB C Hub

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:24 AM PST

    I'm looking for a usb c hub that have VGA port in it and I found this in Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Charging-Ethernet-Compatible-Thunderbolt/dp/B07TVSLDND/

    What do you think about this and if theres better hubs can you tell me which one to get.

    submitted by /u/Moto90LP
    [link] [comments]

    What type of cable is this?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:25 PM PST

    Input Lag on Sharp TV Model LC-70LE732U

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:37 PM PST

    Hi there! I sometimes play games on my Sharp TV Model LC-70LE732U and there's an input lag on it. Now I heard that HDMI 1 is where the games would be played at since it's "made for games". I'm not sure if that's true exactly since I still kinda experience it. But is there a way to fix this? I don't want to use this to play online or any serious games but if it's possible to fix then I will.

    submitted by /u/Blacknight657
    [link] [comments]

    Can I convert a .dcv file to a .mp4 file.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 01:28 PM PST

    I have a few .dcv files and was wondering if it is possible to convert them to .mp4 files.

    If so how.

    submitted by /u/WesternCount
    [link] [comments]

    Snapchat Bug kills me

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 06:03 AM PST

    Hey guys, so for the last month or two when I click on my notifications to enter the chat, snapchat opens up but immediately closes which makes it impossible to see the message sent since chat messages are automatically deleted when you try to look them for the second time. If you guys didn't understand the issue, I can try to screen record it and send it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Arda2024
    [link] [comments]

    Help me

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 05:09 AM PST

    I accidentally etched my flash drive cruzer fit sandisk with belena etcher how do i recover the data im a student i don't know what to do?!

    submitted by /u/bot_calculator
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good power strip that let's one device control another

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 04:00 AM PST

    I'm trying to find a power strip that can turn off other devices when one specified device is shut down. I've found this which does this exact thing, but I'd like it to have more than 1,080 joules if possible. Any help would be very much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Hitaku
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment