• Breaking News

    Monday, February 1, 2021

    Tech Support - Best WiFi extender

    Tech Support - Best WiFi extender


    Best WiFi extender

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:45 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this is the correct subreddit, but I'm having issues with getting my internet to reach my room on the top floor, my router is in the basement because of where they had to install the fiber cable. But I was wondering what kind of extender I should get? I googled the which one is the best and the top result was for a NETTEC BOOST, I'm not sure if this is a good site to trust

    best WiFi

    submitted by /u/spfreak2121
    [link] [comments]

    Effects of desktop settings when playing video games in fullscreen

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:19 PM PST

    If I'm playing a video game in full screen and I want to dedicate a good chunk of my computer's hardware capabilities to running that game well, does it matter whether my desktop resolution is higher or lower if the game resolution remains the same? I'm asking because I have a 4k tv plugged into my computer, but usually I set the desktop resolution to 1920x1080 instead of it's native 3840x2160 because I thought it would conserve vram usage when playing a game, but if it doesn't, it might be beneficial to just use the native resolution.

    submitted by /u/Tunic_Tactics
    [link] [comments]

    Question about desktop resolution vs streaming resolution

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:38 PM PST

    I have a PC plugged into a 4k tv, and if I want to I can have my desktop displayed at 4k resolution, but I don't like having my desktop to be a different resolution than my games, so I set it to 1080p and it looks fine. My question is this: If I go to Youtube and watch a video in 4k resolution, does it display in 4k only if my desktop resolution is also 4k, or is it enough that my tv and computer are both capable of it?

    submitted by /u/Tunic_Tactics
    [link] [comments]

    Weird text to speech message came from my phone.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:05 PM PST

    Ok so long story short I was playing a game on my Xbox with my phone on my lap and I heard an American text to speech saying something. I couldn't hear it really well, but I could make out 2 words, "One Free [inaudible word/words]. I don't know what it was but the only app that was running in the background was YouTube. Really weird.

    submitted by /u/YeahImmaRareVariant
    [link] [comments]

    Magnet links in ios

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:44 PM PST

    Can someone suggest me how to download magnet links in ios.Suggest current working methods pls.

    submitted by /u/vagabond-45
    [link] [comments]

    I went to a repair shop to get my iPhone 6 charging port replaced with a new one. But after the repair was done, I can see the portion of the charging port that I can visually see at the bottom of the phone looks the same as my old charging port and does not look new. Was I scammed?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:23 PM PST

    ViveCraft problems

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:20 PM PST

    first off, i know there's a ViveCraft subreddit, but it's private.

    now to my question. i downloaded ViveCraft to play minecraft in VR with mods. everything worked so far, i forgot to install ivToolkit and Orelib for Recurrent complex and Dynamic Surroundings which i did install after that. i started up Minecraft which it did, until it crashed and gave me a -1 error code.

    The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.RuntimeExeption: Invalid id 4096 - maximum id range exceeded. Exit Code: -1 

    neither do i know what that means or what i need to take out of the mods folder.

    (btw the mods installed are:

    AppleCore, BibloCraft, BiomesOPlenty, cocricotMOD, CodeChickenLib, DynamicSurroundings, DynamicsurroundingsHuds, DynamicTrees, HungerInPeace, InventoryTweaks, luckyblock, Optifine_1.12.2, Pam's+HarvestCraft, u_team_core, Useful-backpacks, Waystones, Xaeros-Minimap, OreLib, IvToolkit

    i also checked on the official website which mods are compatible and which aren't, all of them are compatible the last time i checked the website.

    submitted by /u/bro_for_real
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with PC not finding Wifi but other devices can.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:55 PM PST

    Hi, I need help with my pc not finding my wifi network even though it has had no problems in the past. Also that other devices like my phone can connect to the wifi no problem.

    Bit of background: Ok, my pc is relatively new, about 8 months old and is windows 10. For the first let's say 5 months, it was working fine, no issues. However, in the past 3 months, like 3 times my pc has just randomly disconnect from the wifi and not be able to find the network. Only after a couple of hours trying the basics like resetting the modem, will the issue resolve itself randomly. However recently, the same problem has presented itself however has lasted 2 days with no signs of it being fixed. Before this happened, about 2 days ago my pc was working perfectly fine and had no issues, however after booting my computer up, it just disconnected and won't find the network. It will however find other networks, I assume the neighbours. No hardware changes have occurred and I can't remember if there was a windows update. Another thing that doesn't make sense is last night my pc could not connect to my iPhone hotspot, however just before it did and I used it for a bit before it disconnected and now doesn't find even my hotspot. Also, after resetting my modem several times, sometimes my pc will find the network and when I connect to it, it will bring up a webpage and asks for a password, (never done this in the past), however after 20 seconds, and after loading like one webpage, it will disconnect and won't be able to find the network again. Seems hit or miss. Also I have fully updated drivers, I've checked multiple times.

    Just wondering what I can try. Should I reset my pc? Or replace the pci? What else?

    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/codstar10
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air won’t turn on

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:07 PM PST

    My MacBook Air dropped off the armchair of my couch onto carpet (~2 ft) and now I'm having issues with it. At first it wouldn't turn on at all and the charging light wouldn't turn on when plugged in. I waited awhile and finally the orange charging light turned on. After researching, I tried the shift+crtl+alt+power trick and after a few times trying that my computer came back on and worked as normal. After being on about 5 min, the screen went back to black. It turned on two more times after that by doing the trick mentioned earlier, but now the screen won't turn on no matter what I do but the charging light is now green indicating a full charge. Is this a hardware problem?

    submitted by /u/bluehayven
    [link] [comments]

    We Make Comparing Business Broadband and Phone Super Easy!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:45 PM PST

    London Broadband compares the best business broadband prices and speeds for Plusnet Business and BT Business broadband. We also have a cool toggle feature to show how much the Total Contract Price is as well as the cost of adding Unlimited Anytime phone calls.

    We wrote an intensive section on which broadband deals would be suitable such as BT Business would be suitable for those needing Fast downloads or 100% reliability. For more information feel free to visit our website at London-broadband.co.uk

    submitted by /u/londonbroadband
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't turned on laptop for over half a year, now it won't turn on.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:37 PM PST

    Hello! Due internship I haven't had to touch my school laptop for over a year. I wanted to boot it up today so I can install any missed updates and it seems to not turn on. RGB works but screen, fan etc. Just doesn't seem to. Anyone who can help a stressed student out?

    EDIT: Laptop seems to charge.

    submitted by /u/SmoothyBison
    [link] [comments]

    Flashing zip file in TWRP doesn't progress

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:57 PM PST

    I use a Galaxy s7 Exynos (herolte) and am rooted with Magisk. I decided to try installing the Kali Nethunter magisk module, and downloaded the zip file. I then tried flashing it with TWRP, but after the progress bar went about 1/3 of the way, it stopped moving. Since then, I've waited about 3 hours and there's still no further progress. My first thought was to wait until the battery runs out and try rebooting, but I don't know whether there will be consequences if the battery runs out in the middle of the flashing of a zip file. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/33967
    [link] [comments]

    good places to get good cheap temporary mouse real fast?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:13 AM PST

    good places to get good cheap temporary mouse real fast?

    physical places cos thats fast and online is slow

    whats name of mouse call ?

    until have time get actually good one

    mouse broken

    submitted by /u/doingbasiclifeprep
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled cola on MacBook Pro

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:10 AM PST

    Hi everyone, about a month and a half ago I spilled small amount of cola on MacBook. I took it to Apple Center and they told me that motherboard is not damaged, but they said it would be good if I change the top case, but eventually I thought it will be unnecessary because everything was fine with the laptop. Now I am wondering, if motherboard is not damaged and everything works fine, is there a possibility that some corrosion or any other problem can occur?

    submitted by /u/EnelShirinli
    [link] [comments]

    Consumer Tech Project Help

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Hello everyone

    I'm working on a project for a class involving consumer tech and was hoping to get some help/insight.

    I need to identify 3 companies to do marketing for that aren't "mainstream" (i.e. Apple, LG, etc.) yet and come up with a plan for them. Now, I'm by no means asking for you all to do this for me. I'm just not sure where to start when even finding some new consumer tech products. (I am of course open to suggestions as well!)

    If you all don't mind taking a moment and giving some guidance, I would really appreciate it!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/eCoop
    [link] [comments]

    Spied on by Neighbours

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:02 AM PST

    Hi .. I was wondering if anyone might know of a surveillance device that can see through fabric/wall? Also, if you know of any forums where this sort of thing gets talked about, could you please direct me to them? My neighbours have been stalking/harassing me. They have indicated to me through loud comments that they can see what I am doing in my house. These comments include descriptions of what I am eating, of where I am in my house. They talk about what I am doing in my bathroom, and make me feel violated by making lewd comments. The windows are shuttered and curtained. They talk about how I am changing my pad when I am on my period, and how I am picking up my charger to charge my phone. Once, in the bathroom, they noticed that my eyes were tearing up. They talk about the expression on my face when I am in bed at night, screaming sometimes that I have blinked or that I am smiling. They seem to know in an uncanny amount of detail what I am doing at all times. I have no idea how they are doing it. I have moved house three times, and they have followed me. I know how unusual all of this sounds, but if you could please tell me if you know of any devices that can be used to see through wall, or direct me to someone who might? I have no idea how they are doing this, but I feel constantly like they are violating my dignity and my modesty. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/annie_1992
    [link] [comments]

    Video Conferencing with self select breakout rooms

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:28 AM PST

    I am looking for a system where I can host a virtual birthday party. I want to (predefine) several rooms, e.g. lobby, kitchen, living room, balcony, basement, and offer my guests the option to self-switch and enjoy the party in smaller groups. Most important (for me) is that people can self select their "spot".

    I checked MS Teams and Google Meet - but they fail, because there is no self-select option. Zoom has a self select option, but is not very nice and the lobby/overview functionality (to see which user is in wich room) is not really good.

    I liked the concept from airmeet.com with virtual tables, but unfortunatly airmeet virtual tables don't work on pads and smartphones...

    Any suggestions?

    P.S. Also tried mozilla hub, but too fancy with all this 3D stuff and also crashed within seconds on my ipad
    P.P.S I could live with an audio-only solution, as long as the "lobby function" (who is in which room) is really good, so every "guest" get's the idea right away...

    submitted by /u/michipa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment