• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 2, 2021

    Tech Support - While I open an Incognito tab my second screen goes sleep?

    Tech Support - While I open an Incognito tab my second screen goes sleep?


    While I open an Incognito tab my second screen goes sleep?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 04:30 AM PST

    And while I close again it turn on automatically, isn't quite strange?

    submitted by /u/ilonhogir
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 8 is not recognizing headphones

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 06:37 AM PST

    My windows 8 suddenly stopped giving sound and my perfectly working headphones are not showing anywhere, when I go to playback devices nothing appears, when I select the show disabled/disconnected devices option nothing shows up there (I've tried other headphones but they don't work as well) should I reinstall the sound card drivers or is there any other way. please help me fix this.\

    submitted by /u/Hentilife
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Save Changes without "Save As" in Adobe PDF. Help!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 04:22 AM PST

    So, in my old Laptop, I could save changes to Adobe PDF using the "Save" rather that "Save As" which directly saved changes without making me choose location again and again

    However, after I transferred all my data (including PDF) to my new Laptop, and redownloaded Adobe (Since the Adobe which was transferred wasn't working for some reason. So I reinstalled it), I can't "save" the changes now, without "save as"

    When I click File > Save it still brings up the "Save As" window and asks me to choose location. When I try to close without saving and it asks to save changes and I say "yes", it still opens the "Save As" window

    Even "ctrl + s" is now popping up the "Save As" button rather than "Save"

    Basically its like my Save button has converted to Save As. PLEASE HELP!!!!

    submitted by /u/FrostedEevee
    [link] [comments]

    About dual monitor zoomed in display

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:41 PM PST

    so 10 months ago someone posted about turning on their computer to find that their second monitor seemed to to have a "zoomed in" display with no solved answers. I found this post from a google search, because well, I was having the same problem. Anyhow, I fixed it, not by changing any Windows settings as most people seemed to recommend. I fixed it by checking the aspect ration settings on the screen itself. So for example I am using an ASUS gaming monitor with a Samsung Smart TV as a second monitor. After I unplugged the samsung's HDMI to use on another TV and plugged it back in, for some reason the aspect ratio had changed and the screen appeared zoomed in. After going in and changing it (for me it was "screen fit" option instead of 4:3 or what ever) it went back to how it was before. I know from my google search that a ton other people had this problem, so I hope this clears it up for most of you!

    submitted by /u/Mystic-invasion
    [link] [comments]

    M4V download?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 05:43 AM PST

    Hello everyone. So, there's this one professor from my university who uploads the tele-lectures on the e-class platform. He's kind of a douche, so he has turned off right click function in his class website. Although, I wanted to download some of those lectures and I kinda made it, until I reached one particular video that is a M4V file instead of the rest, which are MP4. (I could see that by simply hovering my mouse over the video).

    Now, for the MP4 ones I used a generic video downloader extension for Chrome and it worked perfectly. Although, when it comes to the M4V one, it says "no video detected in this website".

    Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/totallynotgreek
    [link] [comments]

    Which processor technology is the most fastest, and has an exceptional performance. Intel or Advance Micro Devices?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 12:07 AM PST

    Earphone's mic makes a loud noise

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:46 PM PST

    I have a Samsung S10 earphones and the mic makes a reallly loud noise in every devices i plug the earphone in. Is this a hardware problem or my earphones are fake :c

    You can hear the sound it makes here: *insert raining sound*

    submitted by /u/pineappletree67
    [link] [comments]

    Annoying ISP

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:39 PM PST

    I've discovered some odd but annoying issues with my isp. They seem to throttle the heck out of anything that is not in canada to the point it becomes barely usable most of the time which I found very annoying. On top of that they seem to "Smart throttle"(Idk if this is a real thing but that's what I'm calling it). They will throttle on the exact times I'm doing something such as online gaming, online college work, etc. Upon avoiding such time periods a day or 2 later the throttling is now on the time periods I avoided it. It also seems to take a while for something to become throttled for example, I'll have a new online game that will not get throttled by them but the other ones will. After a few days suddenly the new game is having network issues on the time periods I played it on a few days ago. Things that seems exempt from throttling is just the social media and that is all.

    My isp is Xplorenet and I have the "unlimited" package which seems to be just unlimited throttling mostly. Also due to where I am I cannot get another isp due to xplorenet not letting other isps into the area.

    I have tried getting around this issue with vpns or proxies but internet then gets throttled to hell for doing so. If anyone knows away around their absurd content throttling methods let me know.

    submitted by /u/G17123
    [link] [comments]

    Why does a “kids chat” website have a VPN block?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:13 PM PST

    Hey guys. Recently I came across a few YouTube videos exposing a website called kidschat . net or something similar like that. It's a sick website with virtually no rules or monitoring that lures kids into it where it's full of paedophiles waiting for them, with no basic safety features like block, report, make infinite accounts with the same email even after being deleted etc. It's vile. I was searching Reddit to see why it's not been deleted, and I came across this comment . Why would the "kids" chat block VPNs? What does it mean? And also, how are these websites not deleted yet? I mean if they can delete Parler overnight how have these predator breeding grounds not been wiped? If I remember right some date back as far as 2002 and are still up today. It's sick

    submitted by /u/everyday2000
    [link] [comments]

    Remove/uninstall MyDlinkLite app from broken tablet via PC?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:50 PM PST

    I have 3 DCS-L security cameras. I bought a tablet (RCA Galileo Pro 11.5") a couple of years ago, to set up the cameras. From there I was able to control the cameras from my PC.

    DLink no longer makes the cameras and customer support ended for them awhile ago.

    2 weeks ago I dropped my tablet and now it needs a replacement digitizer and touch screen, which the repair shop can't find. So I'm saving up for a new tablet.

    I don't have a cell phone, don't want one, and when I borrowed one tonight to try to download MyDlinkLite onto it, it wasn't installable from the Google Play Store because it is already installed on the tablet.

    When I access it from the DLink website, it take me to the Google Play store, and it says Installed and only shows me the device it's already installed on (the broken tablet). It won't let me download the app to the PC.

    I'm currently installing Bluestacks to the PC to see if I can at least somehow fix this through that method.

    The trouble is, I can't uninstall the MyDlinkLite app from the tablet. I was able to poke the tablet a little until I was able to see it a little; I looked at the list of apps and uninstalled what was listed.MyDlinkLite wasn't on that list so I couldn't uninstall it.

    MyDlinkLite does still show up in the Google Play Store list, but when I look at it, it says it's installed. No way to uninstall it that I can see.

    The tablet's screen is now completely fritzed and inaccessible.

    I have gone through my Google account and Google Play Store on my desktop, and I can't find a way to remove the MyDlinkLite from the tablet. I cannot try through the internet portal because I can't access my cameras and settings; for some reason, last week when I pressed the WPS button on my router, all three disconnected from the internet and need to be set up again...with an Android device.

    All the apps I installed on the tablet (except MyDlinkLite) and uninstalled no longer come up in the Google Play Store results on my PC (Chrome), maybe they were only downloadable on Android, but wouldn't they at least show up? MyDlinkLite is the only app that shows up in Google Play Store...as installed (greyed out).

    In my Google Account, every app that I ever installed (and uninstalled) shows up as still installed.

    Does anyone know if I can uninstall MyDLinkLite from this broken tablet?

    submitted by /u/PeachyPumpkinSkinny
    [link] [comments]

    2nd monitor keeps going black for a moment then comes back

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:32 PM PST

    I work from home and mainly use my laptop but I got a VGA USB adapter and all seems to be working fine except my 2nd monitor keeps randomly going black for a second then comes back. Like I said i work from home so I can't have it doing that while I'm in a call or meeting..

    I checked both the plug in to the adapter and the monitors connection so I'm not sure what else to check. I tried messing with the OSD settings but that didn't do anything.

    Help?!

    submitted by /u/CatShat23
    [link] [comments]

    Using one phone as a remote for another phone's camera

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:31 AM PST

    I want to create a setup with 2 android phones where one acts as a camera and the other works as its remote. The cameras would be in physical proximity so any solution with Bluetooth or local WiFi would work. I have tried using a few apps but the picture quality is not good enough compared to the default camera app. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Onix20593
    [link] [comments]

    basic socket question - can I use a python socket over the internet our just as a lan?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:27 AM PST

    I have written a game to play with my grandchildren since we are covid isolating. I can communicate over the coket with my wife's computer but not over the internet with the grandkids. Is it the case that the port number is a port on the router, not on the computer, and messages only go between comuters using the same router?

    submitted by /u/BillTowne
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing a new TV. Can't pick between WebOS (LG) and AndroidTV.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:52 AM PST

    Hello, reddit. I just got my TV destroyed by a friend, he'll be paying for a new one for the same price but I can't choose between the same Sharp model or a new LG TV.

    I was happy with Sharp but LG's interface speaks more to me. Thing is, I can't go to a store and try the thing out because of pandemic. I'm interested how is the browser on WebOS? I like to watch anime now and then or some obscure things that are on no streaming apps, then I have to rely on some sites and I'd like to know if LG's built-in browser plays videos just fine or are there some awkward errors or blank media players? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/borek921
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech bluetooth audio adapter on PC

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:13 AM PST

    I recently broke my headphones and I have bluetooth earphones. I've been wanting to connect it to my pc but my pc doesn't support it. Luckily I had a Logitech bluetooth audio adapter in hand , but I'm not sure how to use it. Help? It has a plug and a audio jack and a big bluetooth thingy and I'm really confused. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/RateTheComment_
    [link] [comments]

    are those UV guns actually effective?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:46 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment