• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    Tech Support - Will replacing the whole SSD with an already used SSD affect Windows 10?

    Tech Support - Will replacing the whole SSD with an already used SSD affect Windows 10?


    Will replacing the whole SSD with an already used SSD affect Windows 10?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:08 AM PST

    I'm ordering a new custom built gaming pc and it should arrive soon. I don't have a genuine copy of Windows 10 on my current PC but I'm buying Windows 10 with my new PC. Because I don't have a genuine copy of Windows 10 on my current PC, I can't activate it. If I switch out the SSD's with each other because I'm planning to sell my old pc with my new pc's ssd, will I be able to keep the genuine Windows 10 that comes with the Pre-Built? I have a 500 GB SSD in my current pc and I want to keep all the things I have downloaded and put it into my new pc when the time comes. The new pc will come with a 250 GB SSD and I'll put that into my old computer and sell it that way.

    I can't activate Windows 10 on my old pc for whatever reason and I don't want that issue to carry over onto my new pc.

    So will I be able to switch the SSD's AND keep the genuine copy of Windows 10 that comes with my new Pre-built PC? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/0Rice0Life
    [link] [comments]

    There's the WWW, which, from what I've heard, is different from the .onion web, and both are different from Zeronet, and all are different from Usenet. Are those like separate internet structures? Are there more? Is this question dumb?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 12:24 PM PST

    All of these need different software to run, and are pretty hard to access through normal browsers. .onion needs tor, Zeronet need its own apk, usenet needs to hire a service to access and ive seen even IRCs be called IRCnet. What's all that? Are there more? Why are there so many?

    submitted by /u/God_Spaghetti
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless earphones/ headphones recommendation

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:07 AM PST

    A bit of context (you can skip to the question on the next paragraph) I've been using my free regular apple earphones that came with my iphone purchase years ago and they have finally given up on me after 6 years. It's still working fine most of the time but when I move around, it would make a hissing sound and one time I felt an electric shock from it (not sure if this is normal static reaction).

    Anyway, I've been wanting to get a wireless headphone or earphones for awhile now and my budget is around $150-200.

    1. Sound quality is somewhat important but not my top priority, you can use the regular apple earphones as the standard I guess.

    2. I switch between my macbook and iphone pretty often for phone calls, video calls and music so having them wireless is a must.

    3. I'm only using them for the activities above for now but would probably use them during my train commute in the future and for plane trips.

    4. Noise cancelling doesn't have to be super good but enough

    5. If they're on sale then that's a plus :)

    I'm thinking of purchasing an airpod gen 2 or beats solo3 wireless headphones, but those are the only ones I know of so I'm open to anything!

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/cheddarfondue
    [link] [comments]

    When someone says they have the RTX GXforce 3080, what does the 3080 mean?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:42 AM PST

    I’m looking for a chrome extension that records all the chrome extensions I’ve ever installed using that account—essentially an extension archive. Does such an application exist?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:22 AM PST

    An application with such features would enable me to uninstall extensions that I use infrequently in specific situations, without fearing that I won't be able to recall the name when I need to use it later.

    submitted by /u/WorkingVinci
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good wired 1080p webcam with NO microphone?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:55 PM PST

    Hello, NotGeoff here.

    Im looking for a good 1080p wired webcam, but Amazon's search engine doesn't allow for excluding certain keywords (as far as I know). Because of that I can't find one without a microphone. Not without my eyes glazing over.

    Does anyone know of a wired 1080p wired webcam that doesn't have a mic? (i'd ask for one without bluetooth or wireless compatibility but I don't think those exist anymore TvT)

    submitted by /u/Notgeof
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with recording audio.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 08:42 AM PST

    Lets get to the point, audio which I hear when streaming or recording is insanely loud, but the file it records or streams is very very quiet. Used both shadowplay and obs and got basically the same results. One thing I'm guessing is happening is that my headset amplifies it for some unknown reason, it does have some buttons on the cable, but they increase windows audio. I have a HyperX cloud II if that helps anything.

    submitted by /u/xHydra15
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most cost efficient way to run a bunch of VMs?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 03:14 PM PST

    Tstorage Question

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:46 PM PST

    Okay, so I wanted to find a place to upload files for a friend to download. And I've been using Tstorage for MMD model and motion downloads, so I find it trustworthy to use.

    My question is, is it free to use? Do I need anything special to make an account on it. And for people who know more about this than I do, how safe is it really going to be?

    Again, I trust it, I just want other opinions on it.

    submitted by /u/LadySeraphii
    [link] [comments]

    There's an issue with my Chromecast and VLC!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Hello Reddit! I hope you're doing well.

    I have trouble casting videos to my TV through my Chromecast (cast+Google TV model) and VLC Media Player.

    VLC automatically launches the next video in the play list, and doesn't read properly.

    Is there any solution? I thought it might be related to some WI FI issue.

    Stay safe brothers.

    submitted by /u/five_seven_pf
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI adapters?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:06 PM PST

    Hi everyone! I'm generally pretty computer savvy but I'm stumped on this one.

    I just got the Huion Kamvas Pro 16 and it comes with its HDMI wire built in (no way to work around it, that's what you've got to use). My monitor, however, also uses HDMI and I only have one HDMI port for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (computer is the HP Omen).

    I know that I have 1 DVI-D port and 2 DisplayPorts, and those should, in theory, allow me to have both my monitor and my pen display running at once.

    I tried looking online to find an adaptor that does HDMI to either DVI-D or DisplayPort and I just... can't find any? I would need one end to be female and the other end male but that doesn't seem to exist? I must be crazy, this has to be something we can buy.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction to where I can purchase this or maybe someone could provide a workaround? No, I'm not about to replace my computer- don't go there hahaha

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/missemixox
    [link] [comments]

    Restoring old external HD?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:56 AM PST

    Hi friends, I have an old WD My Passport hard drive from 10 years ago or so and would like to recover the files on it. I have plugged it into a few different computers, and its light comes on but no computer has been able to recognize it. Any ideas? Is there a service where I could just send it to some company and they recover the files? It's nothing private, likely just school stuff

    submitted by /u/abeontheweb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment