• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    Tech Support - What kind of cable do I need to buy for this cable (picture) to connect to a wall outlet?

    Tech Support - What kind of cable do I need to buy for this cable (picture) to connect to a wall outlet?


    What kind of cable do I need to buy for this cable (picture) to connect to a wall outlet?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:56 AM PST

    I recently bought a UPS and it came with this cord. The instruction manual says to plug this cable into the wall outlet to charge the UPS.

    I guess I need to buy another cable because I don't have any wall outlets that will fit this cable. Can you please tell me what I need to buy/do?

    submitted by /u/tatertotski
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my mobile loose different amount of battery per night?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 02:02 AM PST

    I always turn airplane mode on and close all my apps but sometimes my phone lost only 1% and sometimes my phone lost 30% in one night. What can make this difference?

    submitted by /u/Nandopp
    [link] [comments]

    USB tethering. Does this only exist on phones/tablets?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:28 AM PST

    Is there no dedicated device to just connect to a wifi network, then share that connection over the USB cable to another device? I feel like buying a whole phone just for this task is overkill.

    Trying to get a desktop wifi access. I do not have admin access since it's a work PC and they don't "officially" support wifi. I already confirmed that USB tethering from my S8 works, but the USB wifi adapter I have does not work (probably because drivers are needed and/or they disable wifi via Group Policy).

    Open to other ideas as well.

    submitted by /u/modemman11
    [link] [comments]

    Someone shut down my internet who I met online

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:07 AM PST

    So I was playing Call of Duty on my pc. A trash talker (who I was beating of course) told me that he had my IP address and that he will shut down my internet. So I said I dare you... and 5 secs later I didn't have internet for an hour... So what does this mean? Is this the so-called DDoS attack and if so should I be worried? Can he hack or find other personal things? What can he see and what not when having my IP address? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/justsomerandomdude15
    [link] [comments]

    Ugee HK1560 support with MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.6 software

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:42 PM PST

    This is a bit of a longshot, but might as well ask.

    I recently got a used Ugee HK1560 drawing monitor/tablet, but none of the drivers on the official Ugee site have worked with it (seems to be a somewhat common issue with newer MacOS). The closest thing I've found is a modified driver from another reddit thread that would only work if I downgraded my mac system to Mojave. I've tried using drivers from a similar company as others have suggested, but every time I use one of those the software says 'Device not found.' The official driver that would work with it is considered outdated by my computer, which tells me to check the software developers' site for a newer version of it. (They don't have one.)

    Mostly I need a way to edit the pressure of the pen, calibrate the screen, and edit the pen's two button settings. Anyone able to help? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/LocalTurnipDealer
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best free way to store and organize photos?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:32 PM PST

    Currently I just use google drive but I see myself getting closer and closer to the 15GB limit and so I'm interested in exploring other options. Has anyone tried to just make private Instagram or Facebook accounts and not allow any followers and just store photos on there?

    Thank you for your help

    submitted by /u/sgr28
    [link] [comments]

    How likely is it that employer checks WiFi logs in this scenario?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:23 PM PST

    My department has a dozen employees. I was the only one working today and my phone automatically connected to the WiFi as it has no password. I usually turn WiFi off to avoid connecting because if I decide to do anything online, I don't want anyone to know. Well today I was online not realizing I was connected to the WiFi. I don't want them to know I was fooling around on the internet. How likely is it that they check the logs? I figure it doesn't even have a password so do they even care? We don't have much of an IT department. What's the likelihood the logs would be checked?

    submitted by /u/saydizzle
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a good way to convert a word document to basic HTML?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:48 PM PST

    I know I can export a word document to HTML, but it gets so many unwanted tags.

    I want to convert a word document to HTML, but I want the output only to have <h1>,<p>, <ul>, <ol> and <li> tags with no attributes. I can easily enough strip out everything from within <body> seeing as most convertors will add the <html>, <head> and <body> tags (which I don't need because I'm pasting the converted HTML into a template which already generates the surrounds.

    The problem is that everything I've tried gets filled with information about fonts and other stuff that I don't want.

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such thing as an ethernet telephone?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:18 PM PST

    Or will I need to buy a dedicated minipc and run a VOIP app like Zoiper on it, if I want a hardline connection to my phone WITHOUT running the VOIP app on my main computer? Thanks

    submitted by /u/fpuen
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to move terabytes of media from one hard drive to another?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:07 PM PST

    So I have a little bit over 9 TBs to move from one external hardrive to another. I am wondering what's the best way to do this? I just plan on connecting them both to a laptop and just make the move, probably in batches.

    Is there special software for this? or do I just use the Windows Explorer? Im afraid the move can corrupt files or something.

    submitted by /u/javiwankenobi
    [link] [comments]

    If I block Adobe's internet access and, if necessary, boot an older version from the history of the app, will it work after the 12th January deadline?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:34 AM PST

    I know you all must be receiving a lot of questions regarding Flash, but I think some workaround may exist.

    If, through W10's own firewall I remove internet access from both Adobe's Flash Player and Internet Explorer, would it still update on January 12th? Or is it already programmed in to stop at that date?

    If the latter, would rolling it back work?

    submitted by /u/God_Spaghetti
    [link] [comments]

    Telegram and deleted messages

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:22 AM PST

    Can deleted messages in Telegram be found somewhere? Can they be found somewhere in the phone or elsewhere? If I delete messages do they disappear completely?

    submitted by /u/thesunsetchild
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a suggestion for a reasonably priced 40" 4K TV for PS5 gaming

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm looking to get a 40" 4K TV to replace my 24" 1080p TV in preparation for getting a PS5. TBH, 40" is really the maximum size my bedroom desk could hold, and I'm finding it pretty hard to find decent 4K TVs at this size. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or is it better to just go for a 1080p TV, instead? Or would PS5 picture look OK on a 24" 1080p TV? I'd be sitting pretty close (monitor distance) to it.

    submitted by /u/fyz306903
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment