• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 5, 2021

    Tech Support - Can my personal data be found from someone pulling my ip?

    Tech Support - Can my personal data be found from someone pulling my ip?


    Can my personal data be found from someone pulling my ip?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:42 PM PST

    Hey, so about an hour ago I had my ip pulled from clicking on a disguised grabbify link in a discord chat.This worried me as I am unsure if they can access my personal data such as phone numbers, facebook, emails, discord etc. Is this possible or is it just me over reacting?

    submitted by /u/semensniffer
    [link] [comments]

    Help please

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:48 PM PST

    When I have my headset on and I go into the Reddit app on my iPhoneXR and go to NSFW videos in Reddit app on my iPhoneXR how come when I watch those videos I can't hear anything? How do I hear the videos? I would like to.

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a device that can help me connect my bluetooth speaker with my monitor?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:05 AM PST

    I have a Bluetooth speaker, it is Bluetooth only, it has no AUX, and the only way to connect to it is via searching for it on a device via Bluetooth settings. It has no button to press down for Search-to-Pair.

    I want to connect this to my monitor, I don't want to buy a new one with more options since the one I have has been reliable and cheap 4K monitor. It has 1 headphones jack and 2 HDMI ports.

    Is there a device or something that I can say, download an app for and search for my speaker thru my phone but it will pair with said device?

    Please help. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/thefoxygrandma
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be worried?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 01:58 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/UX4NOi8

    My laptop just crashed for the first time and I was scared because I don't have the money to repair it.

    It happened while I was done modding my game Skyrim SE and then I launched it. Suddenly a page appears that said, "Your PC ran into a problem and it needs to restart".

    submitted by /u/cyberghost1999
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop \w Win10 randomly disconnecting from WiFi, on Phone it's okay

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 01:26 AM PST

    It's my second apartment when I have strange problems with WiFi on my Windows 10. The laptop is randomly disconnecting itself from WiFi (to be more precise, the WiFi connection is okay, but there is no access to the internet itself). The only way for it to establish internet connection again is to either wait a couple of minutes or disable and enable the network adapter from within Device manager (I have the latest driver etc).

    But on my Android phone everything is okay. During those times when there is supposedly no connection to the internet on my laptop, internet is working fine on my phone.

    I had the same issue in one of my previous apartments, only that I also had an opportunity to have a macbook in addition to my Windows laptop back then, and the problem also occurred on the macbook as well. On my phone everything was fine. So I'm thinking that this issue has to do with the laptops themselves somehow.

    Did anyone had the EXACT same issue? Because I've tried different things suggested on the internet but none of them worked. So I'd like to find someone who had the exact same problem.

    submitted by /u/johnt0e
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple spills on MacBook

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:39 PM PST

    I spilled water on my MacBook Air (2015, I think) and I inverted it, left it alone for a couple hours, I came back to use it and it was fine. Next day I try to power it on and it doesn't want to work, a couple days later a friend opens it up, cleans it and it works again. A couple months later I spill about a tablespoon of coffee and I let it upside down, didn't use any paper towels to soak it up, left it upside down, next day it turned on, and I leave it alone. I use a hair dryer to dry the liquid for a bit and leave it alone again, it's been 5 days. Is it safe?

    submitted by /u/New_Tomatillo6859
    [link] [comments]

    Does Anyone Want this Lenovo Tablet Case?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:15 PM PST

    I wound up with it due to an error, and I don't have the tablet for it.

    (Lenovo M8 Android Tablet)

    I would hate to throw it away. If you want it, PM me your US address and I'll ship it to you.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0851GKFX8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    submitted by /u/thedrakeequator
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ispy on Appzilla legit?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:54 PM PST

    Audio question for multiple sources

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:26 PM PST

    Hi everyone, I have a question about connecting bookshelf speakers to two computers.

    I have a dual purpose work from home set up going right now where I can switch all peripherals (mouse, keyboard, and printer) between my work laptop and PC desktop using a KVM switch. The issue I'm having is how to get my speakers (edifier 1280t) to work with the respective computer I'm using at the time (I don't need to be able to hear both sources simultaneously) while also only having one headphone jack to plug into.

    The reason I wanna do this is because my desktop placement makes it very difficult to plug in headphones when I'm using my PC and the edifiers don't have a headphone jack.

    Current set up is:

    PC desktop --> Display port --> Monitor (BenQ ex3501r)

    PC desktop --> USB connected to KVM switch for peripherals

    Work laptop --> USB C connected to dell d6000 dock --> HDMI connected to Monitor (BenQ ex3501r)

    Work laptop --> USB C connected to dell d6000 dock --> USB connected to KVM switch for peripherals

    Speakers (edifier 1280t) --> RCA to 3.5mm connected to Monitor

    My objective is to connect my speakers that will switch to output audio from the source computer I'm using at the time and also have a single headphone jack that I can plug into.

    I've seen different solutions involving dac/amps, mixers, audio interfaces but can't quite find a clear cut answer (too in depth for me). Any advice/guidance on how to do this or even make my current set up better is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/thhp
    [link] [comments]

    Is this cheap UV light sanitizer I got for christmas safe?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:25 PM PST

    I just wanna start by saying I know uv radiation can kill bacteria that's not the issue here. My concern is that sense uv can harm our eyes and skin I figure the sanitization device would contain the uv light when in use so that it only reaches the device, yet I can see a blue light shining through the cheap plastic surface of the sanitizer, is seeing light shining through or going near it of any danger when its illuminated like this, the brand is called phonespa and their products all seem questionanly kinda cheap when I looked them up. I remember that with things such as x-rays they use lead to avoid the Ray's contacting things unnecessarily, I dont know if that's supossed to be any different with uv radiation cause this shell seems to be pure plastic.

    My main concern and question here is should I be worried that I can see the plastic lighting up blue, because I assume this means the light is escaping. I mean its lighting up the plastic like a flashlight lights up a hand put over it

    submitted by /u/A_Magikarp_Salesman
    [link] [comments]

    Will a 2160p-converted 1080p mp4 file look different from a 1080p file on an average 1080p screen?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:49 PM PST

    Hello everyone!

    I have got the chance to get a movie either in 1080p or 2160p.

    Now, the thing is I have a laptop with a 1920x1080 display at the moment.

    Naturally, I would pick the 1080p file instantly but I watched this 2160p video directly on Youtube in (a lower) 1080p and the quality was still jaw-dropping, even at 1080p.

    This is why I am wondering if I should get the 2160p and convert it downwards for that (hopefully) improved quality vs a straight 1080p where I know what I'm getting.

    I will really appreciate any helpful thoughts on the matter.

    submitted by /u/et_moi_xinyun
    [link] [comments]

    Device to download data to for playback to tv

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:24 PM PST

    Does anyone know if there is a device out there that you can download a streamed video from Netflix/prime video/Hulu etc and then in turn watch in home tv? Our internet isn't the best to stream but we have access to download at friends houses with better and faster internet. I was thinking I could download a movie to my MacBook Pro then use Apple TV to play it back at home but wasn't sure if the quality would be the same as what we could get with the Blu-ray's we get with our current Netflix subscription.

    submitted by /u/sparkle_runnergal
    [link] [comments]

    Why are install bars so inconsistent?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:22 PM PST

    I have wondered for years, why does an install bar for a computer program go from 0% to 75% in seconds, sit there for a minute, then jump to 90%, sit there for another minute, and finally finish?

    Same thing with those "time to install" notifications. It goes from something ridiculous, like 43 days, to 7 hours, to 20 minutes, to 5 minutes, to 10 seconds, all in a minute or so. It isn't remotely accurate until the last couple seconds, so why bother having it?

    submitted by /u/HungryMorlock
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling apps through WiFi Domain

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:18 PM PST

    Hi there! Do anyone knows how to disable apps from Wifi's domain/IP address? I can restrict internet to the websites by typing their name but couldn't block the internet for the apps present in someone's device as whole. (ps. Asking this as a parent and safe purpose only)

    submitted by /u/KZayi18
    [link] [comments]

    Omegle blocked in country?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    Hey, so I live in Pakistan and it seems omegle just doesn't work for me at all, even if i use a vpn. I've never once used omegle in my life so there's no chance of me being banned so what's the issue? Please and thank you.

    submitted by /u/Dark0sMUT
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a program or app that will allow you to prerecord a message with a zoom esque background?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:12 PM PST

    I'm hoping to record a message with a "fancy restaurant" background or the like, and then send it via a text message. Does anything like this exist? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Oxbridgecomma
    [link] [comments]

    Can employers see Reddit account and Google search histories? I need answers!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:38 PM PST

    This is something I read about and now I'm extremely worried about it, so I'd really, really appreciate if people can respond to me. Apparently employers can access your Reddit through your email, and also see everything you Google if you are on the work WiFi? This is highly alarming to me. I search and write about a lot of really personal embarrassing things including mental health stuff and other things that I really don't want any future bosses to know. I also have a morbid curiosity and don't want them to think I'm a serial killer. If they can see your searches is it just on the work WiFi or can they see it at home too? Can they see everything you've searched in your life? How many years of searches and comments is a typical employer willing to look through and how often do they check? I would very much appreciate any responses.

    submitted by /u/nashamagirl99
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't wireless carriers or phone manufacturers do what Digital Turbine does?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:26 PM PST

    Incontrovertibly, Google (developer of Android) employ PhDs and tech wizards. Same with phone manufacturers (Apple, Samsung), major carriers and companies that you can see below.

    1. Why can't they replicate or accomplish what Digital Turbine does? Why does Digital Turbine still exist?

    2. Why hasn't one of them acquired Digital Turbine?

    I don't affiliate or own Digital Turbine stock. I'm asking this out of curiosity. Here's Why Digital Turbine (APPS) Stock is an Attractive Pick for Investors - Insider Monkey

    Digital Turbine serves as a neutral third party that works with wireless carriers to pre-install apps on new cell phones, then sells the "slots" to app-driven companies such as Uber, Amazon, and Netflix. The company is in the early stages of a relationship with Samsung, the world's largest cell phone manufacturer, to enable Digital Turbine to monetize in geographies where they do not yet have wireless carrier deals in place.

    Why Digital Turbine (APPS) Stock is a Compelling Investment Case

    "Digital Turbine (APPS) – In round numbers, the share price for Digital Turbine almost tripled during the quarter. What happened? The company enjoys a unique place in the mobile phone ecosystem as it is the only company embedded into the Android operating system to allow for app downloading. Digital Turbine sits between major carriers, such as Verizon and AT&T, and companies, such as Netflix and Amazon, that want their apps pre-installed on Android phones. With 6,000 apps being added per day to the Android platform, demand for the limited number of app slots has only increased. Fortunately for Digital Turbine, both the number of devices and revenue per device continue to improve, which helped drive up the share price.

    submitted by /u/xanth0s
    [link] [comments]

    To what extent can someone track your internet usage content with a router and how?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:23 PM PST

    My ex has access to the router I use, and has claimed he has information based on information collected via router. I didn't know this was a thing. I use a VPN for the most part, and have had my computer scanned numerous times for keyloggers or outside users on my personal router, so I didn't think it would be those things.

    I am just curious if he is bluffing, or if there is an actual way to gain information through a router? And what kind of information you'd get, and how long it would take to attain in.

    I recognize my lack of knowledge in this general area, and was hoping for some insight.

    Thanks to anyone who may be able to help. =)

    submitted by /u/Jealous-Gur-381
    [link] [comments]

    Converting EXT4 File system to NTFS

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:33 PM PST

    I currently have a Qnap NAS with a single bay 1TB HDD. The file system is EXT4.

    I recently built a gaming PC (Windows 10) for my son that I'd like to move all media content to from my NAS. I don't have another 1TB drive that I can format to NTFS and just copy files to.

    Is there anyway to change the file system without totally deleting the data? My initial thought was no way but thought I'd ask here before I have to spend money on another HDD.

    submitted by /u/Cjustinstockton
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a wat to connect Bluetooth Speaker to Monitor.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:18 PM PST

    I bought a collectable speaker that us Bluetooth but can only be connected manually (you hava to search for it in your Bluetooth settings), I want to connect it to me monitor but the only thing my monitor has is a Headset jack and 2 HDMI ports. If there is an secondary option to connect it to my Xbox One X that can work too.

    I just want my speaker to be used with my set up but I dont know how or what to buy to make it happen. Speaker doesn't have a "Hold to Pair" button, you have to look it up on your device to connect to it.

    submitted by /u/thefoxygrandma
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 8.1 on an android tablet.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:36 AM PST

    I have seen people use windows 8.1 on tablets. And I kinda like that the gestures and I mean everything is awesome on the tablet mode. So is there any way to INSTALL windows 8.1 onto an android tablet? I heard about changemysoftware but I think it is fake and I wouldn't touch something like that too. And limbu ( or something called limbo) is slow i guess. So how do I install an iso file onto android devices?

    Thanks for helping tho!!!

    submitted by /u/Suraj_Kandel
    [link] [comments]

    Who knows recent smartband with phone call feature (no smartphone needed)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:19 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment