• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Tech Support - I have several questions about Adobe Flash Player

    Tech Support - I have several questions about Adobe Flash Player


    I have several questions about Adobe Flash Player

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:46 PM PST

    • I know that it's being disabled from web browsers after Jan 12. But, what if I just don't update the browser, or use an old one like Internet Explorer? Couldn't I just go on archive.org and keep playing flash games there?

    • Why is Adobe urging us to uninstall Flash? I don't understand how keeping it can be dangerous.

    • I figured out how to download .SWF files so I can play flash games offline. Adobe can't disable Flash if it's offline, can they? It's not like they can forcefully delete the files off my computer.

    submitted by /u/JesseRoxII
    [link] [comments]

    Do video chatting websites store the video stream indefinitely?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:11 PM PST

    I'm doing research on data and privacy and I was wondering if video chatting websites like Omegle store users' video sessions indefinitely, like the actual videos. I tried reading privacy policies of many of these services, but they are so vague, only saying that they capture basic data that every other website does.

    submitted by /u/spicysauce3435
    [link] [comments]

    Which is better - a Kindle or a tablet with a blue light filter?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:34 AM PST

    I've been looking to read more but don't know what would work best, whilst also keeping my eyes and sleep cycle healthy. I've heard so much about the reduction in eye strain when using a Kindle and, due to the e-ink tech, the blue light output is meant to be significantly lower.

    But what if we compare this to a tablet with a blue light filter applied? Is there any evidence to suggest a Kindle is better? Would the tablet still cause more eye strain?

    submitted by /u/SunDownRider
    [link] [comments]

    Can I recover files no longer available on Viber's server?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:18 PM PST

    I was trying to download a file sent to me last December 2 and 4 but it is no longer available on the server of Viber. Is there a way that it can be retrieved? I asked the person who sent me those files to just send it again but she no longer has the copies.

    Thanks in advance for the answers!

    submitted by /u/bertongberto
    [link] [comments]

    What's wrong with this monitor and how can I fix it?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:14 PM PST

    Heres an Imgur link to the video: https://imgur.com/SPzc6Qa

    So there's a picture on the monitor, but it's blinking from that one spot and appears dimmer from the origin of that blink. The monitor is 34in 1440p.

    submitted by /u/awokepsl
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a new router an now devices wont connect.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:34 PM PST

    So my wife and I were sick of paying equipment rental fees and purchased a netgear nighthawk ac1900. I followed the set up procedures and went about changing all the devices to the new network. All of my smart devices connect and are working perfectly except my google home devices and my ring doorbell devices. I have been pouring over internet forums and the company websites but cannot seem to find any answers. Anything I am missing? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Huggies509
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make SOP (Special Operating Procedure) for Email?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    I am a newbie in the corporate world and have just begun my first internship.My work focuses on communicating with customers through emails. As this is a startup, the CEO has given me the freedom to organize the emails. But I have no clue how I can organize them. I want to make templates for certain responses that we regularly write and organize them so that any future employees don't have to rewrite the same responses.Excuse my ignorance and please, help me out

    submitted by /u/shasmistic
    [link] [comments]

    How to disable autoplay on Youtube?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:08 PM PST

    Hello everyone,
    I can't find the button to disable the autoplay (play next video).
    How do I do?
    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Raphael-Rose
    [link] [comments]

    Used ipad pro 2018 (11-inches) or comparably priced newer model?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:23 PM PST

    Is it worth it to get a used ("like new" condition) ipad pro 2018 (11 inches version) with 256 gb of storage at around 800€ or should one go with a newer (comparably priced) ipad (for example the ipad air 5th gen.)?

    submitted by /u/nolk30
    [link] [comments]

    How do I deal with a confusing international email overlap situation?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:22 PM PST

    I joined reddit to ask this question here because I have no idea where else I might look for an answer.

    I have owned a gmail account since ~2006. In the last few years I started receiving mail to this account that is clearly intended for another person who believes it is their account. Most of this mail is bank statements, login notifications for a phone, payment sent receipts, that sort of thing, but once I also got train tickets. I have tried unsubscribing, calling the bank to remove my email address from their customer records, and emailing customer service of whichever entity sent me messages. Each time, there's been a pause in the messages and then they've resumed.

    The most bemusing email exchange I had was with a customer support rep for an international money transfer service who, after I explained the issue from my perspective, sent me this in reply: "We recommend that you contact the support of your email provider, because the client also writes to us from this address and claims that this is her address."

    Here's what I want to know:

    • Is it possible that someone else is actually writing to them from my email address?
    • What is a possible explanation for what is happening?
    • Is there any way I have to contact this person and/or stop this permanently? (I imagine it is also confusing and frustrating for her if she is not receiving important messages.)
    • Should I take any other precautions? (see #8-9 below for existing precautions)

    Other potentially relevant details:

    1. I am located in the United States
    2. This other person is located in a foreign country
    3. Coincidentally or not, my family immigrated to the US from that foreign country when I was a kid and I visited distant family there just before these messages started, but not the part of the country where I believe this person lives
    4. That country's language does not use the Latin alphabet
    5. The gmail username is a simple one, just letters, no numbers, and phonetically similar both to my first name and to the first name of the other person (but in her case, requires transliteration)
    6. I have never received a message intended for the other person from an actual human being; i.e., they've all been essentially automated notifications, customer messages, or receipts from banks, ticket agencies, money transfer, etc.
    7. I have no reason to believe that the other person is doing anything nefariously, i.e., all messages seem like they're intended for an ordinary person who genuinely believes this account is hers and is just trying to go about her life
    8. I have two-factor authentication enabled on (all) my gmail accounts and have no reason to believe the other person has actual access to my account
    9. I have never clicked on a link from any of these messages, but I have replied directly to the sender (in the case of customer service) and looked up the companies independently online to contact their customer service thru the information provided on their websites. All have seemed relatively legit.
    submitted by /u/MeerkatLightning
    [link] [comments]

    Which ipad to choose to go paperless (note-taking, ebook reading, pdf annotation, etc.)?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:26 AM PST

    Which ipad model should I consider to go paperless (that is, using it for note-taking, ebook reading, pdf annotation, etc): I am torn between regular ipad 8th gen. (cheaper), ipad air 4th gen. (newer apple pencil, more powerful/durable?), and ipad mini 5th gen. (smaller: maybe better for ebook reading but worse for note-taking). Which one do you suggest?

    submitted by /u/nolk30
    [link] [comments]

    Use Google assistant on YouTube

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:10 PM PST

    It there any way of using Google assistant to recognise a song playing in a YouTube video on the same device? Everytime I activate Google assistant, YouTube video pauses. I do not want to use a second device.

    submitted by /u/i_T800
    [link] [comments]

    Question about TV resolution

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:09 AM PST

    So recently my friend plugged his PC to a TV screen. It starts to stutter a lot at 1080 (generally, not only in-game) It settles down at some point, but you never know when it starts stuttering again (both sound and frames) But when he tones it down to 720, all works well.

    Could there be something wrong with the TV or HDMI cable, or is it an issue with the PC's hardware?

    submitted by /u/DeeZyWrecker
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone battery question

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:09 AM PST

    Hello guys, just a quick question about the battery shelf life. I have a chance to buy unused and in its still original packaging (never opened) iPhone XS that has been sitting in the retailer storage for little over 2 years. I'm interested if the battery has lost its capacity in the meantime, since Apple charges their phones up to 50% from the factory? Should I worry about it or just go ahead and buy it?

    submitted by /u/postenikrimos69
    [link] [comments]

    best overall 5G coverage in Phoenix, AZ?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:06 AM PST

    would appreciate a rundown on the "high and" & "low and" too, it seems similar to the two different WiFi settings (2.4 & ~5)

    submitted by /u/courtesy_flush_plz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment