• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 30, 2021

    Tech Support - Are we at that stage where we can try to replace ecosystem apps with cross-platform apps with zero feature loss?

    Tech Support - Are we at that stage where we can try to replace ecosystem apps with cross-platform apps with zero feature loss?


    Are we at that stage where we can try to replace ecosystem apps with cross-platform apps with zero feature loss?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:42 AM PST

    How do i connect my Macbook and a Windos PC to the same moinotr?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:15 AM PST

    So, i have a M1 Silicon Macbook Pro, but i'm working from home and building a home office. so my work computer would need to be able to connect to the monitor as well (not at the same time) how would i go about this? I'm also wanting to have it connected to the ethernet, and i don't know what accessories i need to do this. If i can buy one dongle/dock that both can use that would be great

    Thanks to anyone who can help.

    submitted by /u/ihaveaquestion201
    [link] [comments]

    Why are the physical copies of video games and movies still sold in the form of discs?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:27 PM PST

    I'm not a tech expert and this may be a dumb question but if they can make Micro SD cards that hold up to 1TB these days, why discs? Is it purely a cost issue? Are SD/Micro SD cards that much more expensive to produce? I'm not saying every copy should ship in a 1TB card but maybe just a 32GB card? or even less depending on the game/movie.

    I don't own a Nintendo Switch but personally I love those little cartridges. They are so neat and tidy.

    submitted by /u/t0rche
    [link] [comments]

    I want a new flip phone

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:45 PM PST

    So for starters, I'm sorry. I don't believe this is the right place to put this but it seems relatively active and not related to smartphones, iPhones, or in specific android.

    With that being said, I really like how the DoCoMo flip phones look, but they are a Japanese brand. I'm essentially trying to find a similar phone to the DoCoMo "arrows Keitai F-03L" brand. I don't speak or read Japanese, but I don't believe these will work with a US carrier. Does anyone know if they do? How I can tell? Know any similar phones? They are sleek, pretty, and simple. I'll take all suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Gold_Seaweed
    [link] [comments]

    Saving up

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:32 PM PST

    So as my family knows I wanna save up for a pc what pc is a good price nothing too big but has good quality and how should I save up tell me some good price PCs and how should I save up

    submitted by /u/Interesting_Koala_23
    [link] [comments]

    Vr not working properly.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 03:21 PM PST

    Hi, I would be immeasurebly grateful if you'd be able (or would even try) to help me. I have a problem with google cardboard and all the related apps working wrong on my phone. When I look at an image through my headset i see two distinctive images with distinctive dots. And the pointer dots aren't in the centres either, they are moved right and up. I've tried calibrating it but the code I've scanned made black lines appear in the images. I don't know what should I do. I'm using the VR BOX headset

    submitted by /u/Fedutche
    [link] [comments]

    Graphing calculator Component?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:01 AM PST

    I was recently asked about some component in graphing being worth something. Would anyone happen to know what part? This is a question from a highschool teacher for some refrence.

    submitted by /u/Significant-Appeal80
    [link] [comments]

    Will GPUs of the future be so big that a PC will have a CPU motherboard and GPU motherboard linked?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 02:51 PM PST

    GPU's are getting bigger and bigger. Eventually they'll just be a second motherboard. Why don't we design a PC with 2 motherboards linked together in the same case or a larger unit with one motherboard that hosts both CPU and GPU chipsets on the same card?

    You get what I mean?

    submitted by /u/Bowtie16bit
    [link] [comments]

    Computer requirements

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 06:32 AM PST

    Hey everyone. I'm new here. I'm finishing up my undergraduate in economics and getting ready to begin my graduate studies in business analytics.

    I want to update my computer system. Currently I have a MacBook and I have used SAS Studio, R Studio, and STATA. I am concerned that the current computer is not only running low on hard drive space, as I begin to use larger data sets I'm concerned with computing power.

    Are there any suggestions? Will I limit myself by staying with Mac? Will an additional monitor make things easier? I believe a 16GB RAM with a MacBook Pro would be sufficient, or is a desktop necessary?

    Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/ParaYooper
    [link] [comments]

    USB Ethernet adapter question

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:12 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm looking to buy a USB to Ethernet adapter for my MacBook which only has USB-C. I have a USB-C converter so I can plug USB2.0 into it which works fine. If I buy a USB2.0 ethernet adapter and use it with my MacBook using the USB-C converter will it work? Will there be any cons like reduced speeds?

    You might ask why don't you just buy a USB-C ethernet adapter - I have other devices with USB2.0 which I also want to use ethernet with and would rather not buy one USB-C and one USB2.0

    Thanks :)

    EDIT: When I say USB2.0 I mean version of USB prior to USB-C: 2.0, 2.1, 3.0

    submitted by /u/mwisagreatgame
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment