• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    Tech Support - PC TO SAMSUNG 4K TU80000

    Tech Support - PC TO SAMSUNG 4K TU80000


    PC TO SAMSUNG 4K TU80000

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:26 AM PST

    My PC has 1366*768 resolution.

    Do I need an hdmi 2.0 or 2.1 for smooth connection to a Samsung TU8000 43"?

    Which option among extend, duplicate or only 2 is the best for this case?

    And why does the refresh rate get stuck at 29hz for the second display?

    submitted by /u/Vatovik
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for a website to get the MAC address or phone number of a phone hosting hotspot to a computer that is visiting the site?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:14 AM PST

    If a computer is connected to an iPhones hotspot and visits a website, can that website get information like MAC address or phone number of the iPhone?

    submitted by /u/bluetp
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to set up a tablet for a Senior so they can easily video call me?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:45 PM PST

    I have a great grandmother (GG) who has been isolated by Covid. She has never used a smartphone or a computer and does not have internet. We recently discovered a new phone plan that our provider offers which would allow us to get a 5th line at no extra charge. So we would pay the same for 5 lines as we are paying right now for 4. We want to give GG a device that is connected to the internet through that 5th line.

    But, I want to give her a device called ViewClix because it's user interface is exactly what I think will work for my great grandmother. I want her to have something that will sit on her side table and behave like a digitally picture frame for the most part but will also allow us to video call with her. And I love the idea of being able to send her photos that maybe just show up on the changing picture frame roll or also is easily accessible to her by pushing a button on the screen.

    She doesn't need to play games, she doesn't have social media or even an email address. She hasn't a clue how any of that works. So I just want something very simple that lets her get and see pictures and do video calls. AND it has to be a 5G compatible device because it's too expensive to get her on her own hotspot plan (free for the 5th line vs. ~$50/month for a hotspot plan) and just give her internet that a WiFi only device could run off of.

    Sooo I guess what I need to know is what 5G compatible device is best and what apps or configurations should I do to make it as close to the user experience of ViewClix as I can? Like is there an app similar to that Facebook Home, that came out a few years ago, where you can just cover over the entire home screen with something else? But like for old people?

    I have been researching myself and can't find exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/emilysbs
    [link] [comments]

    How Can I Keep a Windows Program Locked from Closing?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:07 AM PST

    Stolen Nintendo Switch

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:00 AM PST

    Hi everybody,

    I recently sent in my nintendo switch for repair. Repairs/replacements were completed, and so the console was supposed to be mailed back to me.

    The package, according to tracking, arrived during Christmas but hasn't been seen. I reached out to USPS and Nintendo, and they've determined that the package was probably stolen.

    Do I have any recourse? Any way of finding out where the console is? Their correspondence has been slow, so I was thinking of going to the police. Would they be able to do anything with the serial number? I've already removed my credit card information, so am I in the clear?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/AntLas23
    [link] [comments]

    Hi

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Hi İ have a gaming laptop called the Lenovo İdeapad L340 and I was looking to replace some parts like the screen and stuff if you guys cıuld right some suggestions for parts that would be amazing

    submitted by /u/No-Lunch-3522
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do about my PC very frequently crashing?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:07 PM PST

    Almost any time I watch a video for the past few months, even on something harmless like Youtube, my PC crashes. Especially if I pause/fast forward/rewind/etc once or twice, then it's pretty much an instant blue screen of death. Sometimes it crashes for no reason at all, even when I'm not watching a video. I don't do anything particularly sketchy, and my PC is pretty new (built it in 2018), so I really don't know what could have caused it. What should I do about it?

    submitted by /u/MARCVS-PORCIVS-CATO
    [link] [comments]

    Short Circuited PSU

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:19 PM PST

    Okay so i had a problem with my PSU, i had a cable hitting the back of my PSU fan which was quite irritating. Eventually i decided to fix it. In doing so i shut down my pc thinking it would remove power from the PSU. I then grabbed a metal screw driver with no insulator and started pocking at the wire, in doing so i was met with a shock and a large pop with sparks. I had short circuited the PSU. This lead to a power outage. Thankfully my pc is fine, as am i.

    My worry is that my PSU and monitor where both plugged into a cheap 5$ power board. This brings me to the question, would shorting it out have fried my power board and monitor or would the electricity have done nothing due to it flowing through the screwdriver into me (grounding it).

    submitted by /u/SnooRegrets331
    [link] [comments]

    I would like to purchase only 1 license for a SaaS application, but I'll have 2 non-concurrent users (i.e. they won't be using them at the same time). How do I do this?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:16 PM PST

    I'm thinking that if I subscribed to SF and the SaaS on one computer that acts like a server, and then have myself use these applications in the morning and my friend to access these applications from his PC at night, we'd be all set.

    I'm thinking of using a Remote Desktop Application to access the applications from our computers. With this RDA, we'd login to the PC and access the SaaS. Is this idea foolproof?

    The SaaS that I have in mind is a CRM solution that's really expensive for a 2-man operation that we are trying to develop. We're just two recently laid-off guys with very little money. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/oblique_strategies_
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Airplane Mode turn off GPS on your phone?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:34 PM PST

    So by my understanding, the average phone is a weak pathetic thing that doesn't have the power to reach space, and therefore the GPS units in our phones are completely passive.

    I assume we have a true GPS unit in some phones because Australia has a lot of goddamn nowhere in it, not a "cell phone" tower for literally hundreds of kilometres, and I can still get a GPS fix of where I am.

    I also know the point of Aircraft mode or Airplane Mode us to turn off all transmitters on your phone to stop them interfering with plane systems (a myth that has been debunked and a reason we have standards for electronic devices)

    However, if the GPS in our phones is passive, and Airplane mode is designed to turn off transmitters, then why does our GPS in phones get turned off as well?

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    NVR for security camera with very loud little fan...

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:05 PM PST

    Hi everyone!
    Got this small box in my office connected to my security cameras that makes a lot of noise, and it's driving me crazy.
    I imagine it's a combination of the fan being really small in it, and it running at one speed (max) all the time.
    It's got a spinning drive in there to keep cool, so I sorta understand... BUT - how do I make it quieter?
    I'm not really the sort of person that unglues fans and replaces them, so I was thinking about a soundproof sort of cabinet? Something with some airflow to it? Any other suggestions? Is there something affordable that already exists like that? I am not having any luck on Amazon.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0743WP62Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This is the device in question, in case anyone cares.
    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/luxxor
    [link] [comments]

    Filesystem access on desktop OS

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:01 AM PST

    On our phone, filesystem access to apps are well scrutinized, and we also have options to disable such accesses. But for past 20-25 years this was never really a concern when installing applications on a dekstop. Even now, we don't have enough controls on desktop OSes to limit what an application can access.

    My question is, does an application installed on my Windows machine, by default, have access to all folders? If so what's stopping Google or Windows from scanning these files for anything worth, for example for ad-targeting?

    submitted by /u/goonerish_
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good photo management software?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:56 AM PST

    I am fed up with photos for the Mac. It sucks up the photos and makes a duplicate copy of them. I cannot browse through the photos outside of the app. So for example if I have photos on an SD card I need to first import them into Photos and then only be able to browse.

    I am looking for some app that ---

    • Lets me browse through any media without forcing me to import into it

    • Finds duplicates for me

    • Organizes photos based on tags and ML inference

    • Don't want it to be cloud aware.

    • No recurring fees

    submitted by /u/yalogin
    [link] [comments]

    How to redirect computer display output?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:23 PM PST

    I have multiple desktops running on the same computer, and I want to redirect the display output of a desktop to a window on the same screen. Ideally, the desktop that was redirected would also be hidden from the switch desktops view given from win+tab. So far, I haven't found anyway to do this. Is this possible, and if so, how?

    submitted by /u/33967
    [link] [comments]

    Is ARM and RISC inherently superior to x86 (or x64) and CISC?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:29 PM PST

    Don't know if this is the right sub, but are there any browser extensions that removes pictures and videos of sharks?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:14 PM PST

    How to fix an alcatel A574BL phone mic?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:09 PM PST

    I have a hard time writing. I use a mic to make comments but since it's not working I have to really on auto correct and guessing to type. It possible to fix it myself or would I need to go to a mekanic? If any more infp is needed I can give it. I hope this is the right place for post.

    submitted by /u/EdgyAnimeDragon
    [link] [comments]

    What are servers for?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:22 PM PST

    8D doesn't work for every headphone I use on every different device

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:32 PM PST

    You be blessed! Guys , I once experienced 8d music on an old headset at a call center I once worked. Those were old and I played a video from YouTube and I hell enjoyed it. It really is a fun and I want to listen every song in 8d. But the problem is that I've never been able to experience 8d at my home , my mobile , my headphone , my earphones , bluetooth earphones , laptop. I've tried changing the gears and devices but couldn't help. Did my possible best but of no use. Don't know why that doesn't work here.(either on my phone or different earphones & headphones or laptop).

    submitted by /u/KZayi18
    [link] [comments]

    Is it more secure to save one browser only for banking?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:06 AM PST

    I use a MacBook and have Safari and Chrome installed. I use Chrome for day to day browsing, and only use Safari for banking. Is it safer to save one browser only for banking, or is it an illusion?

    submitted by /u/Captn5G
    [link] [comments]

    Best free program to archive and export yahoo email

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:05 PM PST

    I am testing different European privacy email. What is the best way to migrate my old email account. Is there a way to migrate all content to my harddrive? Not sure I want to use Gbs on a not free privacy account. Tried mailstore home but is not working. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Tiki-Tiger
    [link] [comments]

    My site has sometimes SSL and sometimes not.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:45 AM PST

    Hello ,

    I am new here and I have a serious question.

    My problem is that I have a website (I will not post my link here since I don't want anyone to think that I am advertising so lets name it "reddit") if I go to browser and search reddit.com it leads me to unsecure website. If though I search with https://reddit.com it leads me to a secure page.

    What I have done wrong? Is the problem coming from the domain name I have bought? I have also purchased SSL from the domain page which I used to purchase my domain.

    Or the problem comes from elsewhere?

    I am so sorry If this is some basic problem to you but seriously It makes my life so difficult since it's an eshop and the customers wont trust anyone whose site is showing up as No Secure.

    Thank you so much for your time.

    submitted by /u/Good-Discipline3645
    [link] [comments]

    Can I cut those wires?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:54 AM PST

    Hey everyone. Long story short, the hinges of my laptop broke and today that's how it looks. I'm using it plugged to a tv through and HDMI cable. Some wires on the right side broke and I'd like to cut the wires on the left side and get rid of the screen that's long gone dead. Is it important or will it still work? I'm a little embarrassed for sharing the state of this pc with y'all. I can't afford a new one and I'll still have to improvise with this one for a long time. Please don't judge. lol

    Pictures of the disaster: link

    submitted by /u/hassan94935
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment