• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    Tech Support - Hello reddit, How do I change the small display on the 3090?

    Tech Support - Hello reddit, How do I change the small display on the 3090?


    Hello reddit, How do I change the small display on the 3090?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:47 PM PST

    Hello, I'm not sure if this should be here but I found a display on my 3090 graphics card and I was wondering how to change it (or customize it). Is there a way that I can change it without using an outside source?

    submitted by /u/SPANDEXMAN-
    [link] [comments]

    Virtual Whiteboard for International Offices

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:37 PM PST

    My company has two offices and I'm looking for a smartboard-like device that we can use to "share" a virtual whiteboard to help us collaborate on projects. We're a small company so the cheaper the better. We typically use Microsoft Teams for our video conferences. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very thankful.

    submitted by /u/Rybr00159
    [link] [comments]

    Video editing software

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:34 PM PST

    Greetings. I'm looking for a video editing software that will allow me to merge a video with original music I have composed for it, or at least some option that will allow me to do it for free preferably, or for a small amount of money since I'm not looking for the full functionality of a video editing software. I need to add a 48kHz 24 bit track and to be able to export the final thing in .mov or .mp4 format. It's crucial for my work that the software does not include watermarks, it keeps the frame rate and quality the same as the original (25 fps, 1080p), and most importantly it doesn't alter the length of the film and/or add metadata to the file like authors name and stuff. This is very important since I'll be submitting it for a competition and any change like those mentioned above will immediately disqualify me and it means months of work will go to waste. Anyone know of something I can use or redirect me to another sub/source of information? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MasterLin87
    [link] [comments]

    What type of aerial connection is this one?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:25 PM PST

    Probably a simple question, I have some cameras here, need to get aerials that have extension cables on them so I can move the aerials to where my wifi signal is, easier than moving the wifi to the cameras.

    Here's all the fittings, USB for scale

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    TeamViewer - allowing permanent access through account regardless of changing devices or OS?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:23 PM PST

    Hi guys, I have an TeamViewer account non-commercial, and installed TeamViewer on my PC. I want to add to my friend permanent TeamViewer access regardless if I change the OS and reinstall the OS or add a new OS. I don't wanna bother him with always giving him password + ID and i am often dealing with reinstalling of the account?

    Is there a way to do that?

    Kind regards

    submitted by /u/Andrejki
    [link] [comments]

    Got a 4tb nas from amazon instead of a 2tb internal note hdd keep it or return?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:52 PM PST

    Got a 4tb nas drive from amazon instead of a 2tb internal note hdd keep it or return? I don't know how NAS works or how to use it, is there any way I can connect it to my laptop?

    submitted by /u/Ishannaik
    [link] [comments]

    How is the internet's history preserved?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:54 PM PST

    I am sort of inspired to ask because of the diligent internet researchers that actually query the current internet, but also the past versions of the internet.

    I don't mean like THE WHOLE INTERNET, but in general how are pages archived and accessed that no longer exist by way of a search engine or URL.

    Am I making sense? I guess a Toy example of this would be looking at a historical version of someone's Twitter so you can see all the tweets they deleted.

    submitted by /u/ozzalot
    [link] [comments]

    What tech to use similar to Passive Key Entry?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:08 PM PST

    I'd like to make a smart device (ESP8266 / ESP32 based) that allows me to perform an action when a transmitter is nearby. Ideally, the transmitter would be a phone, but that limits me to WiFi / Bluetooth / NFC and I'm not sure that those fit my use case. My car has Passive Key Entry - I can open the door simply by walking up to it. My car also knows when the key is inside it vs when it's simply nearby outside. I'd like to get this kind of precision in my project.

    To summarize: my requirements are to be able to detect a transmitter from about 2-3ft (0.5 - 1m) away and ideally I would know the direction of the transmitter in terms of being in front or behind the receiver. So far my thoughts are:

    • WiFi - I could monitor a phone connecting to the router that the ESP8266 is connected to, but this gives me really poor range resolution. Alternatively, I could probably listen to some MAC address broadcast, so I'm not tethered to a router, but range resolution is still very questionable.
    • Bluetooth / BLE - This was my next stop. I think I could play with BLE transmission power to calibrate it for my purposes. I could also have multiple ESP32s and, in tandem with lowering Tx power and blocking a direction of the signal with tinfoil, I think I could get fairly decent resolution.
    • NFC - The range of 10cm is too short for my purposes.
    • Figure out how my car does it and replicate it - I have no idea what the underlying tech is, though.

    Any suggestions are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/therussianconcussion
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to replace the cracked screen on a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:43 AM PST

    Hello! I've had a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone for some years. It's working great, but the screen is quite visibly cracked (not enough to really be a problem though). The replacement screen would cost 200€ in total. Is it worth it to repair this phone? Should I continue to use it and eventually upgrade it in a year or two?

    submitted by /u/hknnk1
    [link] [comments]

    Is this build good for 4k 60fps?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I'm not going to run any crazy thing like cyberpunk, just fallout, dark souls, with mods that optimize and changes the lighting. I will also run some emulators like dolphin, cemu, or citra.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zkPWmk

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085LB5Y8M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    submitted by /u/Strongbighoneybadger
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstalling MacOS without backup/Time Machine - suggestions?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:27 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)and am thinking about reinstalling my Mac OS completely and starting from fresh. (Not using Time Machine backup.)

    I am having speed, memory, and hard drive capacity issues that I think are caused by years of tough use (e.g installing and uninstalling a lot of programs, updating OS multiple times, etc.)

    I am trying to find the balance from starting over but making sure I keep track/save copies of important items such as browser bookmarks, website passwords, list of programs I want to reinstall, etc.

    Are there other "house keeping" things I can do?

    Does anyone have suggestions on how to best do this? Is there a way to export a list of OS preference into a csv document. I am thinking of small stuff like the scroll ball acting the way I want (scrolling down/scrolling up.)

    Also, does anyone have less drastic decisions I could try before doing this?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/teevee25
    [link] [comments]

    Is this Bluetooth adapter good?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:20 PM PST

    Can you tell me what this dongle is called?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:48 AM PST

    Adding more space without SD card?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:13 AM PST

    So I have an old mp3 player with about 4gb of internal storage, but ideally I'd like more. It doesn't have an sd card however, or anything else of the like. Is it possible to somehow upgrade the storage so it has more space for mp3s? Thanks if you answer!

    submitted by /u/lisasilverman
    [link] [comments]

    What happens after not activating windows 10 for a month?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:41 AM PST

    Does the performance get any worse?

    submitted by /u/Supermeatdudeforever
    [link] [comments]

    What would be a good app locker that doesn't use fingerprints?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:58 AM PST

    I have been looking for an app lock that doesn't use fingerprints. This is for the Samsung LG G5.

    submitted by /u/lm3007006
    [link] [comments]

    segurazo virus

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:49 AM PST

    What does segurazo do to your PC can uninstall it and honestly i am very nervous because this is the first virus i ever got.

    submitted by /u/Secret-Perspective-2
    [link] [comments]

    How often does a smartphone connect to the internet (sending and receiving data)?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:26 AM PST

    I am interested because i am choosing an internet provider with a limited free data amount (e.g. 10 GB) and they always round up either to 10 or 100 kbits. Therefore it is important to know how they actually calculate it. Lets say my internet is turned on and i get a Whatsapp message with 2 kbits and then another with 15 kbits. Now how will they be calculated? Are they separate transfers? If my provider counts only in 100 kbits blocks, does it mean i lost 2x100 kbits or just 100 kbits? Or do they only stop counting the data when I turn off my internet and round up then?

    I hope I could explain myself. Thanks im advance

    submitted by /u/Dog9254
    [link] [comments]

    Is this Bluetooth adapter good?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:52 PM PST

    Can i use 256gb sd card in Samsung s7 (it says it supports up to 200gb)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:07 AM PST

    I had Samsung Galaxy Note 8, which broke down and the memory card in that one was 256GB, now I am using Samsung Galaxy S7 (my old mobile). I want to see some files on my old card but Samsung S7 supports only up till 200GB. If I insert 256GB card in S7 I am afraid the card will get corrupted. What to do?

    submitted by /u/smamaven
    [link] [comments]

    Noise Cancelling Headphones Recommendations Please

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:53 AM PST

    Hi All! I'm looking to find a pair of good quality, noise cancelling headphones. Looking to keep the price as low as possible, but Im happy to pay a little more for good quality if needed!

    submitted by /u/ulilminxxx
    [link] [comments]

    In 20 years - email and photos

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:45 AM PST

    My wife and I started an email account for our 1 year old - writing emails to her and attaching photos of noteworthy moments in her life. Around 18 or so (give or take) we want to hand it over to her.

    Will email and jpg photos still exist in 18 years? More to the point, will what we are doing now not last until 2037?

    submitted by /u/NeutronStarPasta
    [link] [comments]

    USB A 3.0 Hub "Is there a Usb A 3.0 Hub with 2 USB 3.0 and 1 HDMI port?"

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:47 AM PST

    Is there a Usb A 3.0 Hub with 2 USB 3.0 and 1 HDMI port?

    submitted by /u/Khagan_Massin
    [link] [comments]

    How much paperwork do y'all do?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:40 AM PST

    Specifically in your job as a developer. If you aren't a developer, you can still answer I guess? But I just want to get a feel for whether or not what I'm being asked to do is ridiculous or not. And that's the TL;DR. The rest of this is context.

    I work in IT. Our department has over 100 people in it (including L1/L2 support). I am a developer ("application engineer"), being asked to create backend stuff that never sees external customers, it's all internal.

    In the last year we have had basically every person above "manager" level replaced. In fact, I can't think of a single person who is above manager level who is the same as when I started. And with those changes came some new requirements.

    So. Now, when I start a change, I have to write up both a Technical and Functional spec. The PMOs create "project requests", and we work off of that and our knowledge of the change to create the specs. Then, we can code the thing.

    We also have a change control process. We present our changes, several sets of eyes are on them before they go to production. But now we're being asked to attach a "test plan" that includes detailed steps of our testing plan with screen shots detailing each step.

    One of the changes I made a couple weeks ago was literally changing the description of a field in a view. It took a day to finish, and that's being generous and teaching a new person. It took a week to do the paperwork.

    I know that I'm being overly detailed in my paperwork, but that's how my brain works? I feel the need to fill out everything I'm handed to the best of my ability and in completeness. So it takes a while.

    All I want to know is... With an IT department that has PMOs and a QA team, is this a normal amount of paperwork?

    submitted by /u/LemmingYellow
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment