• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 16, 2020

    Tech Support - Passwords leaked through data breach

    Tech Support - Passwords leaked through data breach


    Passwords leaked through data breach

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 11:56 PM PST

    So, yesterday someone bought something on G2A using my paypal, i figured that it was someone who had probably gotten access from some sort of data breach. Today my suspicions were confirmed, as they attempted to get into my google account.

    I've changed passwords on most sites, and set up 2-factor authentication on others, i have the guys (supposed) IP, the one google is telling me about anyways. Is there anything else i can do?

    submitted by /u/Nexus0412
    [link] [comments]

    Are other people able to find a way to see content on my phone?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:24 PM PST

    Hey so I hope this isn't too stupid of a question. I am really uncomfortable and needed to ask someone.

    So my mother has been letting it slip that she is able to see certain things that I look up on my phone or send to other people. I would browse the internet about a specific subject, and she would mention the subject soon after. Another time, I texted my sister about something, and she mentioned something that we only spoke of in the conversation. She's also called me in a panic after I googled how to safely self harm (I googled this during a relapse but didn't want to hit a vein), and told me never to hurt myself. She stalks my social media also, by letting it slip that she knew things from there too.

    I still live with my parents and I'm still going to college so I was still on their cell phone plan. After this, I changed my carrier and phone number. Now that I am home visiting, I am using a VPN. I have also privated some of my socials. This whole situation has put me off so much. I just want to make sure, is there any way she could still be breaching my privacy?

    I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.


    [link] [comments]

    Google Chromecast alternative

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:29 AM PST

    Looking to watch Netflix and NBA League pass on the background while I do some work on my laptop - what's a good alternative to GC on a second screen?

    I'm based in Europe, thanks!

    submitted by /u/ohdiooooooooo
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting monitor to a laptop via USB C

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:09 AM PST

    I have a LG 29UM69G monitor and I want to connect it via USB C to a laptop. I've borrowed a USB C to USB C cable from a friend, tried it, worked like a charm. So I've bought first cable of the shelf(Anker PowerLine III) and it's not working. I'm guessing this is a shitty cable, so my question is what to look for while buying a cable for that purpose?

    submitted by /u/bueee
    [link] [comments]

    Does 5G only affect mobile data speed?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:18 AM PST

    Most internet plans I see are locked at between 2.5MBPS and 10mbps download, if this is the case I don't see any point in getting the 5g model of a new phone.

    Can someone tell me if it affects any more then just mobile data speed?

    submitted by /u/CalTCOD
    [link] [comments]

    Reporting an old conversation on Facebook - questions

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:02 AM PST

    So, while prepering to delete my facebook account that I had since forever, I stumbled upon an old convo from the times when I was a kid with an adult person and it was downright abusive and weird. I didn't notice nor probably understood it at a time but now I do and frankly, I'm freaked out. Does reporting it would mean it would got deleted? How do I know if it fits the criteria(the facebook info on that is pretty vague)? Would the person knew I reported it?

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Spot403
    [link] [comments]

    Why do most phone UI designs have an incoming phone call populate your whole screen inescapably?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:55 AM PST

    Reading Tablet

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:09 AM PST

    Hi !! I'm new here and idk if this is gonna go viral, but I need help ! I want a reading tablet but I don't know what model and type and how many gb I will need. I want a tablet where I can read and listen to music (not social media apps but YouTube or Netflix there are good). What recommendation can you give me ? Thanks (hope people can help me there)

    submitted by /u/love99music
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to convert computer written documents into something that looks like normal handwriting?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:31 AM PST

    Like i wrote a document from my keyboard in computer and then i want to make it look like as if i wrote it by hand.

    submitted by /u/jjohaann
    [link] [comments]

    IG hack

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:19 AM PST

    If you enter your info into one of those "run of the mill" phishing links on ig, what are the chances of them installing some virus or spyware and be able to see things like texts?

    submitted by /u/Ecstatic-Struggle-64
    [link] [comments]

    Boss Level Spammer- Please help!!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:36 AM PST

    I am fairly technically aware 24 year old and I've even had jobs in technical support. Spam has never really been an issue for me as I get how to tag things as spam, unsubscribe, or use filters to get rid of spam emails. However, whomever is behind this spam has been extremely difficult to avoid. I get emails maybe 5 times a week from them. They are always from a different email address, different company, and with a different ad. The actual message itself only contains an image that appears to have normal body text but it's been linked to what I suppose is malware (meaning I can't make a filter for anything within the body of the message because its an image). I know they all come from the same place because they are all formatted the same way. I scratched my head on this for about 5 months before finally making a filter for the "to" email address they were using which was sending to a****[t@aol.com](mailto:t@aol.com) while my email is a****[t@gmail.com](mailto:t@gmail.com). I also have an old email address b****[1@gmail.com](mailto:1@gmail.com) that is forwarding messages to me and they were sending them to b****@aol.com as well. I was so excited to see the emails stopped coming for about a month once I created a filter for these two addresses. Until I got another one today. The email was sent to [ringozorowano@gmail.com](mailto:ringozorowano@gmail.com) so I actually have no idea how it got to me. As you can imagine I'm pretty annoyed and I've reached the limit of my technical knowledge of how to stop the spam. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/NegativeOrdinary5190
    [link] [comments]

    Help with oled tv (looks horrible) new

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:32 AM PST

    I seriously hate this tv right now it just looks horrible it doesn't look as good as it should when running 4k movies and when I try to watch an older series or movie like for example the big bang theory it just looks horrendous the noise looks horrible serious grainy look and it doesn't even look crisp or anything either and what makes this hole thing so much worse is that the tv I had before was better and it was just a normal 4k smart tv philips and it looked great for 4 years :/ someone help me fix this issue please as customer service are useless

    Ps it is a lg oled tv CX model

    submitted by /u/iamthebigyeti
    [link] [comments]

    Adding a PCI usb 3.x card to desktop.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 12:22 PM PST

    Motherboard doesn't support 3.x. If I install a pci usb 3 adapter, can I use the existing usb connectors to make the front facing usb ports 3.x? Or, do the usb cables/ports also have to be upgraded?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    should HDR monitors have 100% brightness and 70% contrast?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:09 PM PST

    That's what my screen defaulted to when switched to HDR (LG), then I googled it and it said this was the recommended settings for best experience.

    Does that mean there's not as much colour interpolations in 10 bit HDR media assuming you turn the brightness/contrast settings down? Also why is brightness at 100% but contrast is only 70%

    Anyways it looks nice like hdr images/videos etc are beautiful on it but as i mentioned before it's EXTREMELY bright. I often find myself turning off HDR and switching amd settings back to 8 bits per pixel then turning down settings just because it strains my eyes.

    Some advice would help, thanks

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Best affordable movie set-up for deploy

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 03:46 PM PST

    My son needs an affordable tablet or laptop and hard drive set up to watch downloaded movies when he is deployed on a Navy ship. Not able to internet stream movies, so the set-up has to work with saved movies. Suggestions please and thank you!

    submitted by /u/lr123internet
    [link] [comments]

    Can't copy a docx file from Windows to android while it's open?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 11:30 AM PST

    Strangely this only happens when I try to copy it to my phone, I can copy it fine to other areas on the pcs hard drive or an external hard drive

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a difference between personal and organisation option on windows 10 setup?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:58 AM PST

    so my school has given me a laptop which we paid full price for so we have full rights to it. They said when setting up the computer to make sure we set it up as organisation and not personal to access full school resource but i read that the school can access my computer. I rather value my privacy so is there any difference if i choose personal then create a local account and link my school email?

    submitted by /u/GH05T_12
    [link] [comments]

    Need help unlocking/reseting an iphone 7

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 09:16 AM PST

    Hello

    I'm having some trouble with my daughters iphone 7s IIRC. I bought it for my fiance some years ago. She died early 2017 however and I only knew her passcode and not her appleid password or email password and the computer she used to connect it to itunes belonged to her work so we dont have that either. I recently gave it to my daughter when she turned 9. Two days ago she managed to voiceactivate it while fiddling around with it.

    I did some research and found that its an aid for people with visual handicaps and such, basically siri just repeats every button press. Now however the old passcode doest work anymore, I cant understand why. Her fingerprint will not open it up anymore either. I have no clue on how to solve this. Normally I would take it to an apple store but thanks to covid I lost my job and have to save every penny I have and simply cant afford it right now.

    Is there any way to solve this? I dont care if we have to erase everything on it as long as she can have a phone, she is getting seriously ancious if she cant reach me after school and such. I dont use apple products myself so Im pretty clueless when it comes to them. I would greatly appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/SlugRusher
    [link] [comments]

    I have an old iPhone X that I’d like to use an iPod. Music works fine and loads up my library, but safari “cannot find server” and it seems that the App Store is unable to download apps. There’s a deactivated SIM, so the phone is in “No SIM” state. How can I solve this?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:04 AM PST

    I have some questions about 3D Printers (mobile formatting, sorry)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:19 AM PST

    1st, how do you go about finding/making 3D designs? Is their paid software that I will have to buy depending on my printer? If I wanted to download a design of google, would I have to pay, and if so, how much? Also, what is the process for making my own design like?

    2nd, how user friendly are they? I'm alright with computers, but, I still wouldn't say I'm great. Can I just download a cool 3D model off google, put it on a USB stick, and then tell the machine to print?

    3rd, how much does filament cost? I'm assuming that different materials that cost different amounts, and each of those materials cost more or less depending on their quality. Is there a good rule of thumb for buying filament, or something specifically all around good? Also, how much would that cost?

    4th, would a printer in the 200$-400$ (CAD) be very good? And finally, might you have any recommendations in that price range?

    Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to do my research before buying anything, you know? If theres a website that has all/most of this information, feel free to link me. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MrReaper_C
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment