• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 15, 2020

    Tech Support - If i delete/deactivated my Linkedin account, will the person i sent a in-mail message to still be able to see the message?

    Tech Support - If i delete/deactivated my Linkedin account, will the person i sent a in-mail message to still be able to see the message?


    If i delete/deactivated my Linkedin account, will the person i sent a in-mail message to still be able to see the message?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 04:59 PM PST

    If you send someone an inmail message then deactivate your account, will the person you sent the message to still be able to see it? Or is it deleted from their account as well?

    submitted by /u/Responsible-Study69
    [link] [comments]

    Google play music transfer

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:28 AM PST

    I transferd my music, but now i can't play it offline anymore? Any help?

    submitted by /u/theOpposites
    [link] [comments]

    Secounds of high Ping

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:16 AM PST

    I never had struggles with my wirless lan. But now i have just one secound of high ping every minute. I dont know if the problem is caused from my ps4 or the wifi. I moved my ps4 and put it back into place and now i have problems. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/mangothefruitdude2
    [link] [comments]

    I just watched the Social Dilemma and now I'm healthily paranoid about Facebook. Is there anyway to stop Facebook from tracking which websites I go to?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:22 PM PST

    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I'm using duckduckgo in conjunction with a VPN most of the time but I'm pretty clueless in terms of protecting myself from Facebook following me around everywhere. I'd be super grateful for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/weednumberhaha
    [link] [comments]

    Computer beeps 5 times and restarts constantly before BIOS.

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:17 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    A few days ago, the computer I built about 4 years ago suddenly stopped booting up. When I turn it on, it restarts constantly without ever reaching BIOS. The fans turn on for about 10 seconds and then it shuts off for about 5 seconds and repeats.

    It is built with:

    -Gigabyte GA-H110M-52H-GSM motherboard

    -Intel i5 6500 CPU

    -EVGA 600W power supply

    -16GB (8GB x2) Crucial DDR4 RAM

    -PNY GeForce GT710 GPU

    -IntelAX200NGW WiFi/Bluetooth card

    So far I have tried:

    -Got a speaker to check beep codes. 5 long beeps on start up, per Gigabytes web site, this appears to mean a CPU issue

    -Changed the CMOS battery

    -Removed and re-seated everything in the computer

    -Re-seated the CPU and reapplied thermal paste

    -Unplugged everything except the CPU, RAM, and a monitor

    -Tried one RAM stick at a time in each slot

    -Tested the power supply with a multimeter. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

    After all of this, I am still having the same issue. It just happened so suddenly that I can't think of what might have caused it. Shortly before it started I was having some issues with my WiFi cars staying connected to the network after a Windows update the day before. not sure if that has any correlation. Anyone have any suggestions on how to continue troubleshooting? I don't have another power supply, motherboard, or CPU to test out, so is there any way to test the functionality without testing a second one? I appreciate any help. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/mrmojorisin2794
    [link] [comments]

    Technological Dilemma Regarding Starting a Movie Collection

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 11:41 PM PST

    I want to start a movie collection and would greatly prefer to buy Blu-Rays, but won't this standard be phased out eventually? I want a permanent library.

    You'd think a solution to this would be streaming services (such as Apple TV) but sometimes you'll purchase a program only to have it get yanked with no recourse.

    I'd love to know what everyone thinks!

    submitted by /u/Firestrafer
    [link] [comments]

    Will a WiFi range extender work with a 5G modem?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:12 PM PST

    My parents have recently moved to the country and don't have fixed internet. I want to buy them a WiFi range extender so they don't have to keep carrying around their modem when they move from one end of the house to the other (it's quite far!).

    I'm looking at buying the Netgear EX3110 AC750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender.

    They have the Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Hotspot.

    Even if you don't have an answer, any advice on the brand I'm choosing, etc would be great!

    submitted by /u/The_Brit_Git
    [link] [comments]

    How much do VPN's actually hide your online behaviour?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 02:16 PM PST

    I've always wondered how much VPN's actually hide your activity on the Internet. The companies offering these services are quick to make claims but I want to understand a little more about how the technology actually work and if it does in fact do what is promised.

    submitted by /u/Melambers
    [link] [comments]

    How to do Automatic PC Backups (2 SSDs) - Get a USB Hard Drive or a Network Hard Drive?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 01:47 PM PST

    Hi, I wonder how to do automatic backups of everything on my PC. I have 2 hard drives (1 hard drive has Windows + All the programs and the 2nd hard drive has all my files) on my PC.

    I would like to get an external hard drive to do automatic backups (maybe scheduled daily or weekly)

    I currently have Acronis True Image that I got 2 years ago when i was fixing some other computers. So I have access to Acronis 2018 that is paid for already. I know I can make full-computer backups with that, but I am open to any service/product.

    Would it be better to have an external hard drive that connects via USB to my computer and leave it connected 24/7, or should I get a NAS type thing and connect it to my Ethernet switch?

    And is Acronis True Image 2018 good enough to do scheduled backups without any input from me?

    Is it possible to get an external hard drive that doesn't run all the time, only runs when the backup is scheduled? I would only be using this external hard drive for scheduled backups, not likely to use it to access files or media or anything

    FYI I posted this question earlier today in r/techsupport and they deleted it. They said:

    " 4: No Recommendations

    We are not a review site. Do not ask us to compare or recommend products, services, hardware, or software. Do not compare or recommend products, services, hardware, or software."

    So I am posting it here, hoping to get some help before I buy an external hard drive (I need to know what type of backup hard drive to buy. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BeingInternational
    [link] [comments]

    Is NetGuard for PCs? If not, are there any alternatives?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:50 PM PST

    I started using NetGuard recently for my Samsung, and it helped me save battery significantly, so I'm wanting to know if NetGuard is also available for Windows, Linux, etc. or if isn't, if there's an equivalent to it that saves battery for desktops as well.

    submitted by /u/1ts_th3_m00nman
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of the most popular services/software that is being retired at the end of 2020?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 05:36 PM PST

    And what can we replace them with?

    submitted by /u/AegineArken
    [link] [comments]

    My CPU and Motherboard

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:49 AM PST

    So my motherboard and CPU are a bit dated, I have an i7-920 and a P6T-Deluxe with 12gb of 10300 MHz ram. I also have an rx570 with 8gb of ram. I have a budget of about 300-400 dollars, and I need a new CPU, Motherboard and RAM and I was wondering if y'all could help.

    submitted by /u/JDWarrior221
    [link] [comments]

    Tv screen protecter question

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I want to watch TV but I am waiting for someone to come and put the tv on my wall could be a few weeks maybe even till late January :/ but I don't want to take the plastic protecter thingy off of the tv screen can I leave it on and still watch TV and stuff? Or do I have to take it off?

    submitted by /u/iamthebigyeti
    [link] [comments]

    BIOS Setup won't open but everything is working normally

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 09:22 AM PST

    Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 310 , I Try to enter BIOS setup via Novo Button, but it gives black screen after choosing "BIOS Setup" from that menu.

    Windows boot normally and everything is working fine, only BIOS Setup give black screen.

    submitted by /u/SnooSeagulls5017
    [link] [comments]

    What is the most reliable option for long term data storage?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 06:05 AM PST

    I've filled my Google drive with videos and pictures, and have my first child coming soon. I imagine there will be a lot of stuff I don't want to lose.

    My parents just had shoeboxes full of pictures, but all my memories are digital. I've been thinking about how to reliably save my stuff long term.

    • Online backup is the easiest. But companies and services close or get lost. I would hate for something to happen and have it all deleted.

    • External hard drives could also be used, but what happens with them if they spend a decade sitting in a box in my attic untouched? And will we even be using the same hardware then? Or will a USB connection be equivalent to a 3.5" floppy by then?

    Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SP_57
    [link] [comments]

    Coax to ethernet adapter/MoCA Inquiry

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 02:47 PM PST

    Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for your input. I'm currently trying to find a way to connect my PC via ethernet, but the router is in the opposite corner of the house. There are coax ports throughout the house, and there is one that is conveniently located right next to my computer. My question is, if I purchase a MoCA adapter, can I just plug coax in from the wall into the coax in on the MoCA, and then connect my PC to the MoCA via ethernet and get full internet speeds? Or do I not understand what a MoCA adapter is?

    submitted by /u/dgl7c4
    [link] [comments]

    How to get Ethernet with 10mbps upload 3mbps download speed?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 01:15 PM PST

    I currently have AT&T U-verse Internet 18 with an upload speed of 18Mbps and download speed of 1.5Mbps, however, I need an upload speed of 10Mbps and download speed of 3Mbps, but AT&T won't allow me to upgrade my internet plan because of my location. I bought a TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit WiFi Router (Archer A6) - 5GHz Gigabit Dual Band MU-MIMO Wireless Internet Router, Supports Beamforming, Guest WiFi and AP mode, Long Range Coverage by 4 Antennas from amazon, but because of my current internet plan, I am unable to get the upload and download speed to 10 and 3. Is there anything I can do to be able to get Ethernet with 10mbps upload 3mbps download speed?

    submitted by /u/wk611
    [link] [comments]

    DVD/Bluray Multi Region for Laptop

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 07:58 AM PST

    Hello Everyone

    I am not a very techy person so I had no idea where to start or if what I want is even a thing. I have a laptop with Windows 10, and I want to watch DVD/Blurays on it. However it does not have a disc drive at all, so I need an external on to plug in via USB(?).

    Is there such a thing that fulfils the following criteria:
    -Multi-Region/Region-Free
    -can be plugged into my laptop as described (will do my best to provide more info if required)
    -compact (ideally smaller than 25cmx25cm)
    -can play both DVDs and Bluray (this is somewhat optional)
    -price range of £100 or less (can be flexible on this)

    Also since my laptop has no disc drive, I assume I would need to download some additional software or would this come in the player?

    Thank You Very Much

    submitted by /u/-worst-kindofperson
    [link] [comments]

    Wax on laptop keyboard

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 05:58 AM PST

    My laptop was on the floor next to a table with a wax melter on it. Evidently, a few drops got spilled onto the laptop, as when I woke up this morning, there were a couple splatters of wax on the keyboard. I went to work with a small floss pick to scrape off hardened wax and using a vacuum to suck up the pieces that scraped off. I took the keys off the keyboard and cleaned under those as well. However, I'm sure there is some in smaller crevices and cracks that I probably can't get to.

    My concern is that if the laptop gets hot while running, the wax may re-melt and then seep further into the system, and we all know liquids and electronics don't mix well. What can I do to make sure ALL the wax is out?

    submitted by /u/DarkAmaterasu58
    [link] [comments]

    Help a boomer with wifi

    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 08:53 AM PST

    Ok, I'm not really a boomer, but I feel like it when it comes to getting my wifi to work well.

    Here's my current setup:

    AT&T Fiber internet (1,000 mbps) comes into our ground floor and uses standard modem / router

    Google mesh network to help extend

    I work on the 3rd floor of my house, so about 30 linear feet away

    ~2-4 devices online at any given time (Me running zoom on my PC, a phone or 2 and perhaps a TV)

    Using speedtest, I can usually get ~50mbps, which obviously falls short of what is coming into my house.

    Thoughts on how to improve?

    submitted by /u/K1bedore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment