• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 19, 2020

    Tech Support - I noticed that when I replaced the battery on my Laptop, the performance has increased. Why is this?

    Tech Support - I noticed that when I replaced the battery on my Laptop, the performance has increased. Why is this?


    I noticed that when I replaced the battery on my Laptop, the performance has increased. Why is this?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:51 AM PST

    I have a Laptop running Windows. I'd have to keep it plugged in all the time, and it'd frequently crash or freeze up as i watched YouTube on it. However, after I got the battery repaired, I noticed that this Laptop doesn't freeze up or crash anymore. Why is this?

    submitted by /u/oblique_strategies_
    [link] [comments]

    All In One Computer Help

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:19 AM PST

    Okay this is my first time on Reddit but I really could use some computer help, so here I am!

    I'm looking into buying my mom an all-in-one computer for Christmas, but I'm not really sure what the best option would be. Right now I'm trying to decide between HP and Dell. My biggest concern is that I don't know too much about what the best processor is, or even the difference between Intel or AMD.

    Right now I'm generally looking at getting her something with a 1TB hard drive and at least 8gb of RAM. She doesn't use her desktop too much anymore, probably a few times a month for paying bills, uploading her photos, ordering things online, etc. Any opinions are totally appreciated.

    The Dell computers have these specs:

    11th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 Processor (6MB Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
    Intel® UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory
    8GB, 8Gx1, DDR4, 2666MHz
    1TB 7200 rpm 2.5" SATA Hard Drive

    The HP computers I'm currently looking at (because most of them sold out) have these specs:

    Windows 10 Home 64
    10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor
    Intel® UHD Graphics
    8 GB memory; 1 TB HDD storage; 256 GB SSD storage
    23.8" diagonal Full HD display

    Or another option,

    Windows 10 Home 64
    AMD Athlon™ Processor
    AMD Radeon™ Graphics
    8 GB memory; 1 TB HDD storage; 128 GB SSD storage
    21.5" diagonal Full HD display

    submitted by /u/hades_cerberus
    [link] [comments]

    My phone fell into the toilet

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:17 AM PST

    I turned it on after I dried it (btw this was before I actually used the toilet), but it just came up with squares then crashed. It's an iphone 5, so it's not that much of a loss, but is there any way of resurrecting it?

    submitted by /u/notpfaffers
    [link] [comments]

    "unknown" operating system in market share stats.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 04:45 AM PST

    I searched the Desktop Operating system market share (worldwide) and I noticed an "Unknown" Operating System which takes up 2.92% of the market share. Does anyone know which OS this is?

    website:https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide

    (As of November 16th, 2020)

    submitted by /u/Rishabh_Only2005
    [link] [comments]

    how to add time stamps in course videos for free

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 04:32 AM PST

    Hi all! I have an online course made up of video lessons to which I want to add time stamps, so that students can jump to specific parts of the videos. Since it's a paid course, I don't want to use Youtube. I'd also like to avoid having to buy PRO subscriptions on platforms like Vimeo. Is the any platform/tool/software that would allow me to do this for free? note: I have a PC.

    submitted by /u/AnaPsg
    [link] [comments]

    A holographic solution to zoos, circuses, and similar establishments (concept discussion)

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:42 AM PST

    Why are companies limiting the amount of product they sell?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 01:01 AM PST

    Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot wrap my head around why companies limit the amount of product they sell. Nvidia, AMD, Sony, Microsoft what the hell is their objective?

    submitted by /u/Existing-Demand-2180
    [link] [comments]

    keyboard

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:09 PM PST

    Is my mic cable broke or the mic itself

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 04:31 PM PST

    So recently I digged out an old condenser mic of mine because i switched to pc a few months ago, but when I pulled it out I noticed that the cable coming from the mic through the arm was cut, I tried to look in it but I couldn't tell if the cables inside were broken or not, now I want to know the likelihood of the cable being broken, because I'm wondering if I should get a new cable or a new mic all around.

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a career in digital forensics.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 03:30 PM PST

    Hiya!

    I am a 16 yo kid in the UK who just started college, I'm looking to get into digital forensics or ethical hacking after college. I was wondering which is better, the advantages and disadvantages of both and how I'd go about starting a career in them. I'm particularly interested in working in the police and gathering evidence, etc. Stuff like that.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Satanstroupadour
    [link] [comments]

    USB Serial Interface on MacBook Pro

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:38 PM PST

    I am running Catalina on a 13" MacBook Pro from 2015. I am trying to access a USB serial interface between the MacBook and a BeagleBone Black. I am not reading any incoming serial USB ports when accessing through terminal. I am kind of unfamiliar with MacBooks, and don't know much about

    Is the serial communication disabled on macOS Catalina?

    Is there any 3rd party software I need to install in order to get serial communication working?

    I am super new to this subreddit. So my apologies if I didn't format the post right.

    submitted by /u/reliabilityeater
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics Card recommended requirements

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:18 PM PST

    I have a GeForce GTX 1060 and am looking at buying cold war on my PC. But the graphics card is the only part of my PC that doesn't meet the recommended, it meets the requirements but not the recommended.

    Would it be not worth it to buy the game if I am not going to get optimal performance on my computer.

    I am looking to play the game at the high level.

    submitted by /u/philipvr
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding MONITORs and PS5

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 02:09 PM PST

    so i currently have a 1080p 60hz monitor that is very old. it does the job for my ps4 but I want to upgrade for the ps5.

    The PS5 does 4K at 120fps through a HDMI 2.1 connection

    I've searched online and looked at a bunch of monitors but I didnt see any that had HDMI 2.1

    Is there any way I can get an HDMI 2.1 to Displap Port canle that would work? or a lower HDMI monitor that will still to 4k at atleast 60fps?

    I'm looking for a monitor thats 4K and 144hz that wont break the bank too much

    submitted by /u/Benan_MBA
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi adapters

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Hi redditors, just wondering what is a good wifi widget and how will I know it will be able to work with my pc? Currently I am using the netgear AC1200, but want to switch to a better one due to it sometimes not working. I am thinking of getting the netgear nighthawk AC1900 or the TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 PCIe WiFi Card, but I dont know if they would be good or not. Any reccomendations for either one of these or even a different adapter all together?

    submitted by /u/Bignuggetmuncher
    [link] [comments]

    Why is harder to make display boards for phones then for laptop screens?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 12:47 PM PST

    Like for hobby diy screens from a old laptop.

    submitted by /u/SpeedWagon2
    [link] [comments]

    How can I find the physical location of an IP address?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 04:33 PM PST

    I need to find the specific location of where an email was sent from. Through Gmail I found the original message and have the IP address but can't seem to find any other information.

    Not sure what information is pertinent here but it's a high priority for me to be able to find the location.

    Please let me know the best way to move forward or if you have any specific suggestions. I have included a link to the original message information I was able to get off gmail.

    Original message specific information

    submitted by /u/cucumberkitty
    [link] [comments]

    Power Up

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 11:36 AM PST

    Hi, I have a friend who turned off his PC from the power supply and now it doesn't boot, when it starts it enters in bios without pressing anything. He pressed the power on button and when it starts the bios image appears for about 20 seconds then enter in bios. What could be? I told him to reset his bios by disconnecting the battery from the motherboard, it was reseted and nothing changes. (Sorry for bad english, it's not my native language, but i hope you understand the problem)

    submitted by /u/sasuke_exe
    [link] [comments]

    increasing FPS

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:51 AM PST

    how do i increase my FPS in warzone? i run around 110-150ish, i have a 2070 super 8gb geforce, 32gb ram, i7-9700k processer.

    submitted by /u/magicbands
    [link] [comments]

    When are SOA records requested?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 08:24 AM PST

    I know that SOA records hold the information for a zone, like what is the DNS ip, who is the responsible, what is the TTL, etc. But I don't know when is that specific record actually requested by a computer.

    A & AAAA records are requested when you go to a website, SRV are requested when you are trying to find a service (like a windows domain client trying to find the DC), PTR are asked to get the host of an ip, but I can't find when do you actually request a SOA record.

    submitted by /u/DankerOfMemes
    [link] [comments]

    Why is File based IP different than Baseband Video infrastructures?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 07:47 AM PST

    Why has it taken so long to tackle HDR implementation?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 07:46 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment