• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Tech Support - How safe is it to go onto a “not secure” website if you don’t sign in or anything?

    Tech Support - How safe is it to go onto a “not secure” website if you don’t sign in or anything?


    How safe is it to go onto a “not secure” website if you don’t sign in or anything?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    What lossless file type is most efficient to use?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    Related questions:

    What file type does a system convert audio files into in order to play sound?

    How much cpu is required to convert from lossless into a playable format?

    What lossless file type would be most efficient for this conversion?

    Does it really matter?

    submitted by /u/theycallmevike
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy a new laptop for my years in studying medicine, but Idk what to buy. ( pls help)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    I am in my 1st year of studying medicine. And sine all education where I live is being held online, I had to download tens of files, and my crapy laptop cant handle a few gigabytes (cause it has been with me since 2006, time played its role I guess).

    That being said, I'm seriously looking for a new laptop to purchase regardless of of the price tag, but I don't know what qualities must it have.

    So, my question here is: What characteristics and qualities should I be looking for?

    When I thought about it, I said its ram must be more than 4 GB, and the core could be core i7 (I'm looking for Intel processors btw) I don't know if I need a graphics card in my years in medicine.

    Idk. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/you-dont_know_me
    [link] [comments]

    I need to convert a lot of audio recordings from meetings into text. What is the best way to do this?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Dash cam

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I've been shopping for a dash cam for some time now but every time I think I have it sorted I find a bad review or something wrong with model I'm thinking of getting. Seeing that so many dash cam videos get posted on reddit I'm curious if anyone has any advice on what product they absolutely love and which to avoid?

    submitted by /u/iamagoldengod84
    [link] [comments]

    Segurazo Antivirus? Is it Antivirus... Or Virus? It's Been Hiding In Our Downloads!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    So I was going to YouTube and installed a mod menu for a game (the comments were really convincing) and then I was installing through wizard. Asked me to install some additional stuff, said Decline.

    That ''mod menu'' didn't even work. Now lets get into the real story.

    I had some software (3 of them) 2 of them were easy to uninstall, but this one was Segurazo. At first I thought ''Oh, nice they added a antivirus too my download'' but in my surpise, This ''Segurazo'' actually mines bitcoin using your laptop (too bad on my broke butt) So I had to uninstall. But it not too simple. Heres how I did it.

    NOTE: BEFORE DOING THIS TURN OFF YOUR WIFI

    First go into ''Uninstall programs'' in control panel and search ''SAntivirus''. Now press on it and click ''Uninstall'' Now it will bring you to this popup. click ''REMOVE PROTECTION'' Now it should show a loading screen just wait.

    It now asks you to reboot your computer. Reboot and log back on.

    If you did turn off your wifi, There should be this ''We've got you covered'' popup. Now check off both of them. click ''Uninstall''. Now you''ll have to wait a bit for it to uninstall. Once done, you've finally defeated this shitware that mines bitcoin.

    Some people say it reinstalls when you restart, or you need to delete using program files x86 or regedit, i didnt do any of that shit and it still hasn't reinstalled so if it does, go use program files and regedit or use Malwarebytes.

    Atleast I learned a lesson on not to download random shit you find on the web.

    submitted by /u/LMAO123579-
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming computer under $1000 recs needed

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Hi all. We have a max budget of $1000 (ideally would like around $750) for a new gaming computer for our son. Currently he has one we put together on a tight budget and it isn't fast enough nor does it have enough storage. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

    submitted by /u/theoandpuzzlemama
    [link] [comments]

    Does there exist a UI for digitized DVD ISO's?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    I have about 1500 DVD's and I was considering backing up a considerable amount of them. I'd prefer backing them up as ISO files rather than MP4s so I can preserve all of the extras, original audio selections, subs, etc.

    Obviously I can just back them up on as files in on a Windows machine, but I'm wondering if there's any software out there there with a UI that I could use with a remote, preferably with the ability to add a thumbnail.

    submitted by /u/hotdoug1
    [link] [comments]

    How can I disable the Microsoft Edge Programme on my computer ?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Dear Subreddit, I would like to disable Microsoft edge, because i consistently waste time on it, since it is the only browser where i cannot block time-wasting websites (facebook, imgur...).

    I would like to simply disable Edge in such a fashion that it would take enormous effort to recover, thus posing a big enough barrier for me to fix it to gain access to the websites.

    Thank you for any help, i hope to be productive soon and get a dopamine detox.

    submitted by /u/stripawayunnecessary
    [link] [comments]

    My computer is showing errors while saving my game . It is showing "device is out of ram memory Game not saved "can anyone tell me how to fix it

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    What is the best way to get Internet or Wireless Plans in a rural or isolated location? California

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    What is the best way to get Internet or Wireless Plans in a rural or isolated location? Located in

    Clear Lake Oaks, Ca. 95423. Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/Heavyowl
    [link] [comments]

    Should I uninstall cpu drivers?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    I'm switching from intel to AMD, and I've heard that you should uninstall the old drivers if you're switching brands, but what will happen if I uninstall the cpu drivers? Should I even?

    submitted by /u/peteygween
    [link] [comments]

    Game resolution issue?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    I'm using a pretty simple setup. Laptop connected to a 25 inch Acer monitor via HDMI. All for gaming. If I disconnect my monitor and run the game on my laptop screen, it seems to work just fine. However, if I connect it to my monitor and start "playing" there, the game crashes to desktop without any error, almost instantly. I've checked my cables, they're fine. Clean installed the latest NVIDIA drivers, checked for some kind of thermal issues, and checked the game files. I have no idea what the problem is. I'm considering ordering a DisplayPort cable, but I feel like what cable I use shouldn't matter as to whether the game runs or not.

    Specs: i7-9750h NVIDIA RTX 2060 16GB RAM

    Laptop screen: 144hz, IPS, 1920x1080

    External monitor: 240hz, LCD, 1920x1080

    Much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NiceSun
    [link] [comments]

    Will two different tv’s with different sizes but the same resolution have the same clarity

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    So my family had an old 1080 tv around 45 inch's. We recently got a 4K 65 inch, but we don't have anything that can use the 4K aspect, however we think the old tv looks clearer. So we think it defaults to 1080. Does the size make a difference and with the same resolution.

    submitted by /u/Mo_Mo_Sour
    [link] [comments]

    Create sub users in a server that can connect simultaneous with remote desktop.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    So how can i made sub-users in a computer / server and allow multiple remote-desktop connect to it? Every remote desktop will have a different user in that computer. Whould it be possible? How can i do it? Just creating multiple users in windows 10? Will it close the processes of a user if another connects?

    submitted by /u/Quique1222
    [link] [comments]

    I need help finding a good ups PLEASSSSEEEE

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    In my area the elecricity goes out alot so i need a ups to help protect my electronics My setup includes and will include - samsung q70 tv - surround sound system - a reciever - PS2 - PS3 - PS4 - PS5(hopefully when it drops) - wii - nintendo switch hub - a router

    Any suggestions for a good ups to power these (and to handle new devices if i were to get new ones) will be very helpful

    submitted by /u/Shalakamy
    [link] [comments]

    HP Deskjet 5740 printer repair would be helpful?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Hi! :)

    I did everything, but somehow I do not know where does this line go?

    https://ibb.co/VMF9Tnjhttps://ibb.co/27TjxXdhttps://ibb.co/6tczsTLhttps://ibb.co/VpGC4Vf

    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Officejet+5740++Disassembly/102177

    This is the guide for fixing it, I did reattach it and attach it, but forgot from where did I reattach that line. (tape, ribbon, line) My tech English is very bad and I am bad, well not too much, but not great in tech.

    Kind regards.
    Edit: error printer repair advice.

    submitted by /u/Andrejki
    [link] [comments]

    How long can multi scanner and laser printer be working without repairing?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Hello,

    HP, but I am interested in all other brands.

    From 20 to 50 pages per month per printing and similarly about per ten per scanning.
    Best reagards. :)

    https://www.itsvet.com/multifunkcionalni_stampac-pda1-69.i
    https://www.eponuda.com/stampaci-cene?cene-po=ceni-rastucoj

    submitted by /u/Andrejki
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy A50 - Software Update Issue after unlocking phone and switching network (Ireland)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    So yesterday I successfully unlocked my Galaxy A50 from Three network and ported my number to 48 network. Went to a phone fix shop to get the phone unlocked and it took about 20 minutes (cost me €25). Everything about the phone and 48 network works fine. However, when I went into Software update in my settings and tried to download and install the latest software update, I receive the message "Your current software version isn't supported. Visit a service centre".

    I never had issues with updating software before and after checking online it seems that maybe the software updates are carrier locked (to Three network) and that if I want to update the software I would need to put an active Three SIM into the phone.

    I rang back the guy who unlocked the phone and he said that people never come back to him with this issue after unlocking their phones, but if I wanted he would be able to manually update the phone and in the future it should update automatically, but this will cost €35 as he said he may need to backup everything and upload it again and it's a lengthy process.

    It's either that, or find a Samsung Service Centre in Ireland (can't find any on website) or put a Three SIM in any time I want to update.

    Does anyone have any experience with this? Would really appreciate some help!

    submitted by /u/mispentyears
    [link] [comments]

    Can a raspberry pi 4 replace a cheap laptop?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    So I just found a spare $100, I was wondering if I can replace my laptop that's "docked" in my table right now with a raspberry pi 4. The laptop runs a Celeron N4000 dual core with 4 gb of ram. Would there be a significant difference somewhere in there?

    submitted by /u/moonmarriedacherry
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 plus or Samsung A8+(2018) ?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    Ok so I currently own a samsung A8+ but just today my dad said that he is going to buy the new iphone 12 pro so he is gonna give his old phone to me(the iphone 7+) and that I am going to give my phone(the A8+) to my brother. So first of all I googled the specs my phone has better ram and better battery life and a better camera plus am not used to iphones but when I looked at the price the Iphone was way more expensive(atleast where I live) is there a reason behind that or is it just bcs of the brand ? And should I accept this deal thingy

    Note:I do play quite alot of games (Genshin impact, pes 2021, and dbl)

    submitted by /u/ayw2
    [link] [comments]

    ps headphones on pc

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    I'm looking for new a headset and I want the speaker cushions to be made of fabric instead of plastic (faux leather) so it doesn't start to peel as they always do. I've only found this in PS headsets.

    For example 4GAMERS PRO4-40 PS4 STEREO Headset, which also looks really neat, and it says for some headsets that they do work with other devices, but I want to know if using a PS headset on PC affects sound quality in any way?

    submitted by /u/zazeelo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment