• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    Tech Support - RAM issues

    Tech Support - RAM issues


    RAM issues

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    Hi, I seem to have a ram issue. I find that after extended use with my computer on, the RAM eventually reaches near 95% memory usage and causes my computer to slow down. I tried adding more ram (Currently 16 mb), and I would say, all that does is prolong the duration that my computer remains lag/ freeze free. Restarting my computer fixes it. I've tried searching high and low for fixes, but none seem to work. For now, I followed this link and the comments to try and identity the cause. My results from "poolmon" show "Obtb" using the most but, I can't seem to figure out what that is. Is there anything else from this list that stands out as using excessive amounts of memory? Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/waltzdisney123
    [link] [comments]

    sd card question for dsi xl

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    so i bought an micro sd card for my dsi xl and it came with a faulty sd card adapter. the brand is sandisk. if i buy another brand of sd card adapter, will it still work? if it matters, my sandisk micro sd card is 16gb micro sdhc class10. i'm planning to buy a samsung sd card adapter because that's the only one i see online. will it still work and be compatible with the samsung sd card adapter?

    submitted by /u/mtthwcbrl
    [link] [comments]

    Can blockchain technology be used to create a secure, national online voting system?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    In the same way that cryptocurrencies - like BTC - are secure and resistant to cyber attacks, can the same technology be used to set up infrastructure that could allow citizens to register and cast a ballot?

    Wouldn't this technically be the most efficient and accurate way to conduct a vote?

    submitted by /u/GayAnalytic
    [link] [comments]

    Will my ram block my GPU?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    So I recently got an Optiplex 3020 MT, my first pc, just something to save money and just throw in a PSU, SSD, and GPU as I go, now, I'm concerned that my ram will block my GPU and I'll only be able to get a small card, if you look up a picture of the motherboard out of this PC you will see what I mean.

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    Why do we need complicated passwords when password salt/pepper is a thing?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    Isnt the whole purpose of having a complicated password to avoid your hash being present in a rainbow table? But then having a salt for every password, and one pepper not stored in the database, we can completely render rainbow tables useless. In that case, a user wouldnt be required to choose a number, a symbol, upper case, etc; for his password.

    submitted by /u/BenardoDiShaprio
    [link] [comments]

    What happens to my data after my .edu account expires?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    Hi, I just got a .edu email from my school and it is kind of a big deal where I am from. The benefits of having all the cloud storage are actually pretty awesome. I googled and found that on top of having unlimited Google Drive storage, Microsoft allows you to have 1TB OneDrive space, and 15 GB of DropBox storage if you sign-up with a .edu account. Before I get too lavish and start relying a little too much on my cloud space, I was wondering, what happens to all my data when my email expires? Do I lose everything everywhere or just things on my Google Drive? I'd appreciate your advice. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/onlyarnoob
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone track a phone just by having previously signed into their google account.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Someone stole a friend's phone last month and I tracked it using Google's Find My Phone. Now, they're saying that I was actually tracking his phone because my friend had signed into his google account earlier that day. Is that how it works? I'm almost certain that he's wrong because Find My Phone gives you a choice of which phone to track.

    submitted by /u/gharris7545
    [link] [comments]

    techkey wifi adapter for PC (USB) wont connect to wifi

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    So i installed the drivers, restarted the PC, and it detects the wifi/router but when i try to connect it just stays on "connecting" but never actually connects.

    submitted by /u/SomberIncaMango
    [link] [comments]

    Practicality of long term flash storage

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    I plan to store video on quality (sandisk etc) micro SD cards in a cool dry place in baseball card holders for years/decades. How feasible is this with MODERN technology of SD cards. Most articles I found online were pre 2010.

    submitted by /u/Natothedog
    [link] [comments]

    Storage and collaboration for recording studio

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    I've tried searching for duplicates before posting, my apologies if similar questions have been asked!

    I am looking for a way to share, collaborate, and back up files in a setup similar to a cloud, with 2-5 people. We are a music studio dealing with Protools projects (a software program for audio mixing) that are usually around 1GB apiece. We would like to be able to start work on projects at the studio, then be able to access them whenever, wherever, and continue working and collaborating. We would need a minimum of 2TB of space for our current data.

    The two I've seen recommended the most around here seem to be Google Drive and things similar to ownCloud. I've never been a huge fan of the way Drive works, its not all that intuitive to me, and it isn't great when it comes to Protools Projects/previewing and working with audio files. I'm still wrapping my head around ownCloud, but not sure if this is overkill. Do we need our own server? I'm not sure what that even means, and Youtube videos explaning such things seem to assume a certain level of knowledge. I know music but unfortunately not this stuff!

    PCloud has been an option I've been looking at. From what I understand, it is a virtual drive that we would be able to access from anywhere, and whenever we would make a change on a project, it would be updated and reflected on that virtual drive. This seems perfect, but they only offer up to 2TB, and we would absolutely need more.

    TLDR:

    Issue: files stuck on hard drive at one location. Passing USB sticks and sending WeTransfers of files is getting old, and we aren't able to collaborate without duplicating files etc.

    Goal: to be able to share and collaborate on files and be able to access them whenever by a group of 2-5 people.

    Questions: Considering our needs and issue, what are some possible solutions? Is there a simple solution I'm not seeing? Do we need something similar to a server? Should I get over my hate for GDrive? Should I bite the bullet and slim down for PCloud?

    Appreciate everyone's time in advance!

    submitted by /u/DHurl
    [link] [comments]

    What is the safest youtube to mp3 converter?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Is there a way to boot macOS on an sd or pendrive?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    TL;DR :I want to install macOS on an SD or Pendrive and just try it out

    It's not urgent really, i'm just trying out stuff and see how many devices i can boot, since they're mostly broken. So far i have been able to install Ubuntu and Lubuntu, on HDD but not on SD cards since it needs at least 10 or 20 GB to work properly (at least i understood that)

    So, i have been thinking, maybe i can boot macOS since it's a modified version of linux and try out some of the programs! or see what i can do, just for fun and not die of boredom really.

    I have seen some Hackintosh videos but they're 30 minutes long and i don't have any more spare drives sadly.

    submitted by /u/lautirock
    [link] [comments]

    Need help connecting dual screens to laptop

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I have a HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook and purchased a HP USB-C dock so I can connect 2 additional screens to the laptop.

    My monitors only have VGA & HDMI and dock only has 1 HDMI and 2 Display port connections.

    I have bought 2 active HDMI to display cables and adaptor but cannot get it to connect.

    What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/peachy_miss
    [link] [comments]

    how to turn off iMessage notifications regarding one person

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I'm going to keep this short, but how do I not get alerts when a specific person from my contacts calls/texts, but anyone else who calls/texts, I get an alert from, I don't mean blocking someone...

    submitted by /u/bertrumthegod
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with spacedesk!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    So I have a surface pro 6 connected via LAN to an all in one computer that I use as a monitor in spacedesk. But I'm having trouble with it because it disconnects every time I open media files or youtube is there any way to improve the connectivity? Should I try to connect it using USB A?

    submitted by /u/SayHelloToBigBoss
    [link] [comments]

    Textfree traceable?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    I was using the textfree app to talk to some girls since I didn't want to give away my real number. Then after a while I was sent a text threatening me to pay $900 or they'll hurt me. Then they sent me some gruesome pictures I deleted the app afterwards. The point of the post is is the textfree app number traceable?

    submitted by /u/theundecidedsquirrel
    [link] [comments]

    Is your frame rate better when you're walking faster in a game?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    I just switched to pc and I'm temporarily working off integrated graphics, so I mostly play csgo, I've noticed that sometimes when I switch from knife n start walking slower I get a little slower of a frame rate, is this coincidence or is it a usual thing?

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    Desktop causes Wifi to drastically slow down/fail

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    I have an old desktop (i3 3rd gen, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd) which uses a Tenda w311mi wireless usb adapter to connect to the home network. The desktop is pretty empty other than some work/personal files. Everytime this computer connects to the home wifi, it immediately disrupts the network; every other device, whether mobile or laptop, fails to work properly. The net is brought down to snail speed, both on the desktop and all other devices connected to the wifi.

    I have reinstalled the Tenda drivers, as well as upgrade windows 7 to 10, all to no avail. One certain doubt I had was whether the USB port on the (front of the) desktop were fault. On inserting the wireless adapter to the ports behind, there was a very slight increase in the performance but honestly, it was too minute to care.

    The wireless adapter seems to work fine on other devices (tested on another laptop and it worked well).

    Anybody with any ideas as to why? Still considering getting another wireless adapter to check if the problem persists but could it be due to fault hardware on the desktop?

    submitted by /u/mohdaadilf
    [link] [comments]

    Location history problems

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I have location history turned on in Google maps, but today i didnt have internet connection and gps was turned off.is there any way google still stored my data of where i went and any way i can retrieve it or maybe another social media app which records location history even if gps is turned off. I really need this location history.

    Even if you cant help please upvote so others see it maybe someone can help cause its super urgent please. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/deadxot1
    [link] [comments]

    Black Shark FunCooler Pro, a gaming phone cooler.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    It is capable of reach as low as -13.9 degree C. What do you think, is it worth it?

    https://www.livetechtoday.com/2020/08/black-shark-fun-cooler-pro.html

    submitted by /u/LiveTechToday
    [link] [comments]

    If someone logs into my Apple ID can they use my money

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    How to convert image pixel coordinates into a robotic arm coordinates using python?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I have some points on an image with their corresponding robotic camera coordinate values.

    I want to define a function in python to convert any robotic coordinate to image pixel coordinate and vice versa.

    Can anyone suggest the steps or any complete guide to how to do that?

    submitted by /u/Jasmeet_Singh07
    [link] [comments]

    Can I super glue my laptop screen back into its casing?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    The casing for my laptop screen got a little warped, so now anytime I close the laptop, the bottom portion of the screen hangs out of the casing. In the open-and-upright position, the screen stays out until I run my fingers around the edge and pop it back in. The computer and touchscreen still function normally. Can I super glue a tiny bit around the edges of the screen/case to keep it in place, or would that be a terrible thing to do for the tech?

    submitted by /u/NightCheffing
    [link] [comments]

    Does it matter if I use 60w or 100w USB-C cable to attach external SSD?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Hi. Bought a Samsung EVO 860 and an enclosure. The enclosure didn't come with a cable (it should have, but no big deal as I need a longer one anyway).

    So I want a USB-C to USB-C and noticed that they tend to be either 60W or 100W. When using to connect an external SSD drive (rather than to charge a device) are they interchangeable, or is one better than the other?

    submitted by /u/Eliqui123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment