• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Tech Support - Would seeing or looking at an AMOLED display on a smartphone that had the OLED screen burn in problem damage your eyes or vision especially if you were unaware the burn in was even there?

    Tech Support - Would seeing or looking at an AMOLED display on a smartphone that had the OLED screen burn in problem damage your eyes or vision especially if you were unaware the burn in was even there?


    Would seeing or looking at an AMOLED display on a smartphone that had the OLED screen burn in problem damage your eyes or vision especially if you were unaware the burn in was even there?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Would seeing or looking at an AMOLED display on a smartphone that had the OLED screen burn in problem damage your eyes or vision especially if you were unaware the burn in was even there?

    submitted by /u/SnooWords3685
    [link] [comments]

    For USB, if transferring power only, like in a battery bank, no data, do you attach the wires to only GND and VBUS lines?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    I kinda fucked up on the login to my router (192.168.1.1) and now I can’t login

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    This all started when my nintendo switch is suddenly getting all NAT F type of connection so now I can't play Splatoon. I searched the subreddit and found out that the IP needs to be static etc.

    So I disabled the DCHP on the LAN settings of my router and changed the IP on the lan settings to 193.168.1.15 I thought that means the LAN cable (which is connected to my switch) will have that specific IP address. But it didn't work and now my macbook can't connect to wifi as well since it says "self assigned IP".

    Everytime I manually put 193.168.15.1 to the IP address on mac wifi settings it says another device is already using it.

    submitted by /u/BlaizePascal
    [link] [comments]

    ISP record

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    What is necessary for a stranger to be able to know who is my ISP? Who can ask for my ISP records in Europe? Let's say two situations a university thinks a student has cheated on an exam can they ask for it? Another situation will be a company or and individual thinks you have done illegal actions can they ask for it? All of this while being in Europe

    submitted by /u/bnm_zxcv
    [link] [comments]

    What antivirus would the techier side of Reddit recommend?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    There's such a disgustingly large amount to choose from, they're such an important part of owning a computer and I know they're not all worth getting. Which ones are?

    submitted by /u/Insertclever_name
    [link] [comments]

    Changed my CPU and motherboard recently, pc works strange in games (black textures, process not responding)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Why don't android phones copy iphone XR / 11's chin-less design?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    Im specifically asking about iphone XR and 11s chin-less, as I already know that iphone X's bending of OLED screens are costly to achieve chin-less design and that maybe its just too risky financial-wise for companies like xiaomi, huawei or samsung to adopt. But what about iphone xr / 11? since xr / 11 screens are LCD and can't be bent, all they did was make the side bezels a bit thicker to match the thickness of the phone's chin, to achieve symmetry on all sides and create a chin-less design which i find aesthetically pleasing, regardless of how this made the side bezels thicker than most android phones.

    My guess is that Apple patented the design, specifically the thickening of the side bezels to match the bottom chin? What do y'all guys think?

    submitted by /u/Troquinox
    [link] [comments]

    Does using a larger block for an iphone 11 pro cause damage to the battery?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    I notice my phone get really hot and charge extremely quick when I use a larger brick this is efficient yet I worry.

    submitted by /u/luck3d
    [link] [comments]

    forgot my password

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    hello everyone, i forgot my password for my gmail account. this account is managed by my school. i forgot my password and even the security questions . what to do???? i have recently changed a s google had warned me that someone in vietnam tried to open my account. it's weird since i have no friends or anyone at that country. help

    submitted by /u/gimmiechan
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my TV take so long to turn on, when this wasn't an issue before?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I have an LG TV (65LB5200) that I've had for a few years. Up until recently, I've never had issues with it. But now when I turn it on, the green light comes on, but the screen itself does not. At first, it would take about 5-10 mins to turn on. Now it can take multiple hours. I'd hate to get rid of it, as I absolutely love the TV. Any ideas or suggestions on what the issue could be?

    submitted by /u/gennschinchillaparty
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such a thing as a dongle that would turn the power input of a laptop into USB type c ?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Basically like a dongle from USB A to USB C but for powering and charging the laptop.

    submitted by /u/Creeper_Rick
    [link] [comments]

    Smart watch for using GPS while on motorbike.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    I don't wanna have my phone attached to my bike while I'm driving around so I was thinking of getting a watch for GPS. I'm just looking for one that isn't crazy expensive, has a screen I could see while my hands are on the handle bars, and has a descent battery life, and I would like it to be waterproof but that isn't a must. I like the Samsung gear but $250 is a bit steep. I was looking more for around $100-$150.

    submitted by /u/mute_tyche
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi Adapter not connecting well (renew post)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I asked this a week ago on the page but no one answered last time so hoping to see if someone can help this time..

    I'm currently using the ASUS AC12000 (Dual-band 802.11 AC, 2.4GHz + 5GHz) for my Windows desktop but some reason it's connection is not as good as my Macbook laptop, phones, and gaming devices.

    About 2ish years ago I used the same one (though lost it so I had to buy a replacement to the current one) and it was working just fine.

    I did a speed test and it came out with ping 18, download ~1mbps, and upload 0.3mbps (it got lower from when I tested it out 2 days ago) (My Mac's speed test: ping 11, download 114, and upload ~12)

    As I said, all my other devices aren't experiencing any connection problems (things buffer instantly, downloading speed are fast, etc) but my Desktop sometimes disconnects and things will suddenly go offline making it hard to work, like earlier I tried downloading a file that was less than 1gb but it failed due to network error.

    Any advice like should I get a WiFi extender or any recommendations for other adapters? Anything is appreciated, Thank you everyone!

    submitted by /u/bukiyos
    [link] [comments]

    Why does taking a photo of a mac air screen with a phone camera make the photo look crazy? wavy lines through it. etc.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Can I leave my phone charger in my glove box.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    Are there an risks with leaving a phone charger in a glove box. My car sometimes reaches a little over 100 degrees.

    submitted by /u/bestlaptop15
    [link] [comments]

    How to avoid led flickering on camera?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    I'm helping a friend to do streaming, he bought a huge led reflector but now the camera flickers, the camera it's not the best, it's an old tablet but since he's a singer he doesn't have much choice right now due to end of the world circumstances, any advices onto how to avoid this without much investment?

    submitted by /u/otoko_no_hito
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to make laptop not consume battery?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Ive read that using laptop while charging can damage the battery life but as someone who currently mainly uses laptop at home i want to not use the battery but rather have the source from the plugged in directly so that i wont damage the battery since im gonna be using this laptop outside more often after quarantine

    submitted by /u/dassadada
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use the explosive force of a minigun to spin the barrel faster and increase the rate of fire?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Recommendations for ultrawode 4K or 5K monitor for new MacBook Pro

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    I am looking at the LG 34BK650-W 34" but wanted to see if y'all had a better suggestion.

    Would like for it to be Thunderbolt. Less than $500

    This is for the new MacBook Pro 13" with 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/bhsuarez
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse not working (code 37)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    [Already fixed]

    According to Microsoft, a code 37 issue can be fixed by reinstalling the driver. But i already did that and it didn't work. The mouse is a Logitech, the driver with issue is Pluralinput Mouse 1.0. Anyone knows how to fix this?

    [If anyone is having a problem similar to what i described above, try this:

    First of all, you need to know what driver you were using before, on your old mouse

    1.Type "mouse" on the search bar on Windows menu and click on the tag with the same name that it's supposed to show up. This will open the properties window of your mouse.

    2.On that window, find the drivers tab and click on "update driver", then choose the "search on pc" option, then click on the option that says something similar to this "allow me to choose from a list on the pc". After that, just choose the driver you were using on your old mouse.

    submitted by /u/Zikari007
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on my NAS setup

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Sorry for the long post.

    For about 3-4 years I've been storing my data on an ancient D-Link DNS 323 NAS that I picked up on Craigslist when it was already outdated. I run the Alt-F alternative firmware and have 2x1TB WD Red HDD set up as RAID 1 for total 1TB available storage.

    I use it for exactly two things: 1) My music collection that is accessed by a separate music server and takes up less than 100GB but is slowly growing as I lazily convert my old low quality music to FLAC; 2) Backing up my wife's 2016 MacBook Pro using Alt-F's janky Time Machine emulator, and which has grown to about 500GB of storage because I can't figure out how to delete the oldest backups, which results in an error in Time Machine saying I don't have enough space and I respond by occasionally allocating more space since I have it available.

    I mention this detail just to say that none of this is critical. I'd hate to lose my music, my wife would hate to lose her photos and docs, but our wellbeing is not dependent on these things. RAID 1 feels like enough protection to me.

    Needless to say this NAS is slow as fuck when it comes to browsing music, the MacBook backup situation is not ideal (though, to my surprise, it worked the one time her computer crashed and I had to make use of it!), and that old NAS could decide to crap out any day.

    So I've just bought a Synology DS218play with 2x2TB WD Red HDD to better our situation. Right away I set it up as RAID 1 for 2TB total storage, copied my music over to it and have left the MacBook backing up to the D-Link, allocating yet more space. I don't really need the D-Link at this point but it's still functioning so I want to make use of it. I didn't delete anything from the old NAS yet. I would like to set up folder syncing on the Synology for my wife's computer and our phones but haven't gotten there yet.

    Last night I started thinking that maybe I could have gone about this better. What if I swapped the discs between the two machines, set up the Synology as RAID 0 with the two 1TB discs for faster speeds and the same amount of storage, used the Synology solution for the MacBook backups which I think would be easier to manage both functionally and size-wise, and with the 2x2TB discs running at RAID 1 on the D-Link use that machine to back up the Synology? This would double my storage space on the D-Link to 2TB while keeping it the same on the Synology and I would have redundancy on the D-Link.

    Which brings me to my questions.

    1) Is this a terrible idea and why?

    2) How would I do it? Just swap the HDDs? Would I need to reformat any of them along the way and how do I keep my music in the process? I'm not concerned about the MacBook backups because all that data is on the MacBook and I can do a fresh backup once the new setup is in place.

    The process in my head is to do the swap, reformat the 1TB HDDs in the Synology to get rid of the MacBook backups taking up too much space, copy my music over to the Synology from the D-Link, then reformat the drives in the D-Link and set that up to backup the Synology. Any reason that won't work?

    submitted by /u/WildQuestionGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to download something off google Drive via my Astrill VPN and it downloads for a maybe 10 seconds before stopping. Enclosed is a picture of my Mbps.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    I don't understand, I've used it plenty of times to download but this one video is not working.

    https://imgur.com/a/69LZ3Sb

    This is what I see. Massive spikes where it downloads for a little bit but then falls off instantly and stops downloading until I get a "network error" that only seems to affect the download and not my internet

    submitted by /u/ChairmanUzamaoki
    [link] [comments]

    How to make location to appear as in the US for Amazon Turk, other similar websites and apps that offer pocket money?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Hi.

    Have a question and solution would mean to me.

    I need money for studies, and I am fluent English speaker capable of working at Amazon Turk or other websites/apps. They recognize my position in #Serbia - I even have Bethernet VPN free version which has a location in NYC by default, but it is not working neither.

    I've tried to change my location in the email settings - didn't work.

    Maybe only to change the country in PayPal settings?

    What do you do when you have this problem? VPN, Bethernet seems like it does not solve anything.

    Proxies? I am not familiar with them. I have both PC and android, though.

    I just wanna earn and work for money for studies. That's all.

    If you don't wanna share your tricks in public, send me a private message.

    Thank you in advance.

    Nice day, stay safe

    submitted by /u/Andrejki
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment