• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    Tech Support - Send whatsapp-picture like a NSFW

    Tech Support - Send whatsapp-picture like a NSFW


    Send whatsapp-picture like a NSFW

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'd like to send a picture via whatsapp that is not showing its content at first but only when you click on it. Same like the NSFW function on reddit. (dont worry its not for dick pics or anything I'm not a freak).

    Is this possible somehow?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/PatBlueStar
    [link] [comments]

    Best and fastest method of backing up large number of files on external storage using macOS

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    I find there's a difference in time that it takes to copy and paste data when files are small in size but a large quantity versus a few files that are large in size (both with comparable total storage capacity/size in total). I also use macOS and the copy functionality is basic (I miss Teracopy that I used to use on Windows where you could monitor the speed and pause etc).

    What's the best way to back up files for speed of backing up? Copying and pasting files within macOS takes a long time, longer if there are a large number of files. macOS seems to break down even when cancelling the request. I've recently learned about macOS Disk Utility app that can effectively clone by using the Restore option, would this work and be faster for backing up data on external storage?

    Things to consider:

    - The files are held on external storage and will be backed up to external storage (USB drives and SD cards etc).

    - I use a mac / macOS.

    - I would like easy access to the back up files should there be a failure, therefore ideally no proprietary backup images or software, just some simple password to access and ideally using native tools/functionality to the OS. Happy to have the limitation of the drive and back up being limited to macOS as opposed to compatibility with any OS.

    - I like to use encryption to protect my files if stolen, I'm currently using VeraCrypt and the images/containers are much faster to back up than backing up the unencrypted individual files, however, I'm looking to move away from using the encrypted containers (for usability and speed when accessing files for external/secondary storage I use all the time) and I'm considering using "Mac OS Extended Journaled, Encrypted" format for the drives to handle the encryption part (not APFS as I need it to be backwards compatible with macOS 10.12 and earlier). Now I just need a faster way to back up all of the files, or an alternative and suitable solution.

    submitted by /u/doopr
    [link] [comments]

    Help picking out a new PC

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    I apologize if this isn't appropriate for this subreddit, but I am looking for a place that is unbiased on brands. I don't want to build my own computer either. I am looking into buying a new desktop that I hope to be able to stream some games (primarily the Sims 4) but also do some video editing, image processing, graphic design in Adobe and 3D modeling in Blender. I'm not particularly tech savvy enough in terms of hardware so graphics cards and processors don't really mean anything to me so I was hoping to get some advice. Currently I'm looking at an Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition R10 for $1400 with the following specs:

    AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X (8-Core, 32MB L3 Cache, Max Boost Clock of 4.4GHz)

    Windows 10 Home 64-bit English

    NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

    16GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2666MHz

    512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

    I was wondering if this is a good option? I've been burned in the past on spending over a thousand dollars on computers that don't live up to expectations and I don't want to do that again. So I want to get someone else's opinion on this. Here's a link to the product page if anyone wants a closer look: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/alienware-aurora-ryzen-edition-r10-gaming-desktop/spd/alienware-aurora-r10-desktop/wdryzr1030

    submitted by /u/Zebraontherocks
    [link] [comments]

    Strange Situation With Email Advertisements

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    I had a weird experience tonight and can't figure out how it was possible. Hopefully somebody here can explain it. If not, I'd love some suggestions on where to take my question.

    Anyway: I was laying in bed next to my wife browsing Website A on my phone, we chatted about it a bit, and then I put my phone away. About 30 minutes later, she has received an email in HER Gmail account on HER phone from Website A. As far as we know, she had never even seen, let alone visited, Website A before looking over my shoulder at it tonight.

    Now I know you can receive targeted ads based on any number of factors, as we're constantly under surveillance so people can try to sell us dumb shit. However, this was beyond a targeted ad on Instagram or something - it was an email direct to her personal account which seems to have no obvious connection to me browsing Website A. I did not even receive such an email even though the site was visited on my device.

    Can anybody explain why this happened, how it works, and how to prevent it? It's above and beyond intrusive. We both have Pixel phones so maybe it's some wacky Google hijinks, I don't know. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/nameboy_color
    [link] [comments]

    Local Fm Radio station in Turkey

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    hi

    im wondering

    1. how much it cost to apply for r3 / r2 radio license in turkey & how long does it take ?

    2. what are the requirements ?

    3. is it allowed for foreigners ?

    4.does it need a bachelors degree ?

    submitted by /u/makavich
    [link] [comments]

    What does it look like to have good computing habits? Are there guides?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    My parents taught me some good stuff when it came to studying skills like how to take good notes and revise. But I was pretty much self taught when it comes to my IT skills (not a programmer, but I do consider myself a power user).

    My brother is about to start grade 11 and get a PC of his own for the first time (a laptop, probably windows). He's not really interested in tech and often comes to me when he need IT help.
    I was wondering if there was a good guide to follow for young adults in his situation.

    I'm guessing it would have useful information on backing up your data, how to manage passwords, organize your inbox and various other things of that nature.

    Kind of a like a good habits to have book regarding keeping your computer organised I guess.

    submitted by /u/parallelwell
    [link] [comments]

    Software that allows you to share PDFs with other people?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Hi. Title. I need a software that can let me share a PDF. I cannot use smallPDF or Google Drive. Are there any alternatives that you all know of? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/internally
    [link] [comments]

    Is it fair to assume that all my personal data (texts, fotos etc) is being sent to chinese servers, because I use a oneplus phone?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    How do I learn coding and physics?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I want to be prepared for classes that I will take in college. Are there apps or websites with interactive programs that teach me how to use the fundamentals of technology engineering?

    What is the best way for a 20 year old to learn these things to an expert level?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/enormousgrizzly
    [link] [comments]

    Brocade ICX 6610-48p Network Switch

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    I have a brand new in the box Brocade ICX 6610 -48p Network Switch. I wanna sell it but I don't know much about them. How do I figure out if it's managed or unmanaged. I know they can be worth a lot of money. trying to get the Most bang for my buck.

    submitted by /u/Ok_Recommendation_40
    [link] [comments]

    Open vs Closed Headphones for TV/movies??

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    I have never owned a pair of open headphones before. I am looking for a new pair of headphones, optimal for movie watching, under 200 dollars. I often have noise leak in from the outside (AC in the window causes this), that can include the sounds of people talking, music playing, or even partying. I usually do not hear noise if AC is on and my earbuds are in, but I am not sure if so when the ac is off and I am using open headphones (I hear the noise quite a bit when the ac is off and I am watching movies with the audio from the tv.) If closed is the way, which closed headphones under 200 have the best soundstage? (If this is not the right place for this post, feel free to point to the right subreddit.) Thanks.

    submitted by /u/connectdecide
    [link] [comments]

    Ps4 Storage Expansion Compatability

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    My Ps4 only has 500 Gb of storage so I want an expansion. However, I'll be getting the new Xbox soon so I don't want to spend much money on the expansion. I found a 1 Tb usb 2.0 external hard drive in my closet and tried it, but the playstation said I needed a usb 3.0 connection. Does this mean I could get cheap adapters or converter to connect the hard drive or does the hard drive itself have to be usb 3.0?

    (Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have no idea how these things work)

    submitted by /u/VenomousPanda05
    [link] [comments]

    What would be an ideal MacBook Pro configuration for a media student?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    What would be an ideal MacBook Pro configuration for a media student?

    What would be the ideal MacBook Pro configuration for a media student?

    I will be starting graduate school in the fall for my M.A. in Journalism. A MacBook Pro is required by the school. I intend to concentrate in audio reporting so a lot of my work would involve using Protools, Logic Pro X, etc. I will, however, have to create and edit videos using Adobe Premiere during the first semester.

    I was looking at the latest 16" MacBook Pro with 2.6GHz 6-Core Processor with 512GB Storage and AMD Radeon Pro 5300M VC. I was wondering, though, if a cheaper 13" quad core MacBook Pro would still get the job done. Any recommendations on an ideal 13" MacBook Pro configuration that could save me some money? Or should I stick with the 16"?

    submitted by /u/NvrFrEvr
    [link] [comments]

    CustomizerGod

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Can CustomizerGod get access to your IP, so I know what to do, because i heard good and bad things about the program, can somebody answer? Also how can I see if a program actually has access to my IP?

    submitted by /u/hrisyachty
    [link] [comments]

    Uninstalling Unauthorized Software

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    It might be the wrong place to ask, but I am being tasked with clearing out a bunch of software now that a whitelist is being implemented. Is there a way I can mass un-install unapproved software through SCCM without having to go through each endpoint in the enterprise?

    submitted by /u/Furryraptorcock
    [link] [comments]

    External DVD/BLU ray Drive

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    What is the best software for this? My PC and laptop don't have one so I bought an external. The external folder shows up and I can see the movie title in the description. But no option to play. Do I need to download software? And if so what would you guys recommend? Ty in advance

    submitted by /u/NonPriority
    [link] [comments]

    Why is there no monitor tech with eye tracking for dynamic foveated rendering?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Dynamic Foveated Rendering is being developed for VR, but I've heard nothing about normal screens and I wonder why. On paper it seem like a no brainier, eye tracking products already exist, and rendering at multiple resolution doesn't seem like Star Trek levels of complicated, especially compared to fitting the same system into a VR headset. Render at 4k, 8k or whatever where the user is looking, and render at a lower resolution everywhere else as your eyes are only in focus in the middle of your vision. Boom, you render far fewer pixels and get an fps boost. People pay through the nose to get the most frames per second, I'm amazed such a product doesn't exist.

    submitted by /u/MarcusTheAnimal
    [link] [comments]

    USB to ps2 adapter?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm trying to connect an ergonomic keyboard with a touchpad on a KVM switch box. Problem is, the switch box has two entry for USB signal (mouse and keyboard) but the keyboard I have only has one male USB going out giving both signals since the touchpad is part of it.

    I've been looking to find an adapter that would split the USB in both signals of ps2 since the KVM has both entry for those (kind of like this link but the other way around) but it doesn't seem to exist. Anyone knows if this is actually doable or if I should just give up and try to find another solution entirely?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Nevrozz
    [link] [comments]

    need help with internet routers, whats the best option for what we're looking for?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    currently, we have an Askey RAC2V1K, but we are having issues with our Ethernet in our garage (about 100 ft away from our house, give or take). We are looking at getting a new one, one that possibly runs better, but mostly one that can run through a long Ethernet cable. Any suggestions would help

    Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/DLGaming79
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless Router Problems

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    I pay for high speed internet. When I plug my laptop directly into the ethernet port in my house I get download speeds of 400-500 mbps. However, when I connect to my wireless router (about 7m away) that speed drops to 20-30 mbps. We have a maximum of 10 connected devices, but the 20-30 mbps doesn't seem to change regardless of the number of connected devices. Why is using my wifi such detriment to speed. Do I need a new (better) router?

    submitted by /u/AbandonshipUK
    [link] [comments]

    Most of my photos are blank

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    I use a iPhone 6s on iOS 13.5.1, on my photos app a lot of my photos have went blank, any ideas why and how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Con-corn
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to apply firmware to a device to trick another device into thinking it is another generation or model?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    I got my mom an Apple Pencil and her iPad is older then the requirements, so can I trick the Apple Pencil into thinking that it's another model?

    submitted by /u/JigglyStuff_YT
    [link] [comments]

    How do computer settings get mysteriously changed?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    I know we've all experienced this: some basic function or aspect of UI is changed, perhaps overnight, with no apparent cause. We google the solution, and the only way to access the option is buried in a sub-sub-menu. And yet, it was somehow changed! How does this happen? Why do computers appear to have lives of their own?

    submitted by /u/nomorebuttsplz
    [link] [comments]

    Photo of a document - how to replace the text? PDF? Scanner? JPEG attached

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Hi.

    https://ibb.co/5W2ZYkd

    This is just a photo of the document.

    I have many docs like this. It is in Serbian Cyrillic script and I need to edit it all (not signatures and stamps) to be in Serbian Latin script.

    What can I do? Which software can I use? I just need to replace the text to be in Latin. I have the original documents, so I can scan it with mobile app and convert it to PDF, but I am not familiar with replacing the text?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Best regards.

    submitted by /u/Andrejki
    [link] [comments]

    Ping help

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    So im trying to play fortnite (yeah ik its a kids game, love it tho) and been having some internet issues. I posted this on the fortnite sub but had no luck, maybe u guys could help.

    "Im getting 150 ping with my home internet through an ethernet cable, i get 200mbps. When i use my phones hotspot i get 50 ping with 5 mbps! This didnt use to happen, how can i fix this? Im on brazilian servers (ps4)"

    Any help would be much appreciated, im stumped at this point. Thanks in advance! :D

    submitted by /u/Stonewall248
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment