• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    Tech Support - Does it matter if my optic fiber router doesnt have antennas?

    Tech Support - Does it matter if my optic fiber router doesnt have antennas?


    Does it matter if my optic fiber router doesnt have antennas?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    I've been using optic fiber for about 8 months now and although few problems occured with the service its still one of the best things I invested in, and those problems were resolved quickly by my ISP anyways.

    Today I saw posters advertising optic fiber for our building, and even tho its from the same exact company im subscribed to (even the name of the service is the same) the model on the poster is completly different than mine. It has 3 external antennas, while mine doesnt AT ALL.

    Just wondering if it makes it any difference considering its different than other regular routers.

    submitted by /u/ItsZainBoi
    [link] [comments]

    LF Screen Capturing external hardware device or an alternative solution.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a way to a either screen monitor or stream a screen (basically screen share) directly to another computer. The problem here is that the method has to be completely undetectable, so I figured I would go the hardware method. The best thing I could come up with was to connect a HDMI splitter to the computer I'm trying to screen capture from and split it into an external capture card that is set up to stream to a streaming platform. Obviously this all sounds very lucrative and probably really stupid so I was wondering if someone can help me come up with a better method or even an external remote hardware device that does what I want. Appreciate the help in advance.

    submitted by /u/Franlando
    [link] [comments]

    Motherboard purchase decision (Help needed)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    So, I'm in the process of assembling a major upgrade to my PC. The specs for all over components are as follows:

    -CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Gen2 6 Core AM4

    -GPU: GTX 1660 Ventus XS 6GB

    -RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz

    Having read various reviews, I'm a bit lost on how to find the right motherboard. (I'm not all that interested in its features or looks). But, I've narrowed it down to these three:

    1: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FKNM8FQ/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQUJVQkdPSEVBMVBDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE4MjUxM0M4UVVBNExFVTdVVyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzk1OTYzMlY2RlA0Mk1NQ1lOTCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2hxcF9zaGFyZWQmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

    2: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-A320M-S2H-Socket-S-ATA-Micro/dp/B078KBKFZ6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Am4%2Bmotherboard&qid=1591654160&s=instant-video&sr=1-1&th=1

    3: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KX428VH/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQUJVQkdPSEVBMVBDJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE4MjUxM0M4UVVBNExFVTdVVyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzk1OTYzMlY2RlA0Mk1NQ1lOTCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2hxcF9zaGFyZWQmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

    There is a big price difference which worries me as I can't find that many differences on paper between them. But more importantly, I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody could tell me which is preferable given my other specifications (potentially as a result of knowing what pairs up well or anything of the like). For some, for example, I've read that pairing with particular CPUs requires a BIOS update which can get messy, so I'd like to avoid that.

    I would love to hear if anyone has any insights at all!

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/FrankFWJH
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless streaming of video

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    I have a challenge that I have been struggling to fix for a while with no luck. I thought I would post it here in case someone have a solution for it. So here it is:

    I have a Movement studio where I teach stuff like dance, yoga, martial art, etc. I wanted to stream the classes online. I used a Logitech C920 for the purpose – not the best, but does the job. The setup is as follows:

    1. My laptop connected to webcam through USB
    2. A big TV screen connected to the laptop through HDMI so I could see the online attendees
    3. The streaming is done through Zoom.

    Now the challenge is the TV screen need to be at the back of the room while the camera need to be at the front. This is mainly because the people who are following the class online should see it from the front, while the people who are attending the class physically should not have a distracting TV screen and a laptop glaring at them. So I set up the laptop and the TV at the back of the room and connected the webcam to the laptop through a very long (10 meters) USB cable. After connecting everything, I figured that the webcam cannot function through such a long cable. After fiddling with it though, 10% of the time, it starts working, but mostly it does not. So it isn't a sustainable and trustworthy solution. As an alternative, I started looking for cameras that could work wirelessly. Most of what I see out there are IP cameras that are used for security and cannot connect to a laptop and stream using Zoom.

    Wondering if there happen to be a solution for this. Appreciate your help :).

    submitted by /u/abi_fv
    [link] [comments]

    URGENT: RECIEVED A VERIFICATION CODE FROM CAM SCANNER ON MY PHONE

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    Hi all, just now I received a message from AD-GONOTP. It read as follows: XXXXXX(Verification Code). Sent from CamScanner. What is this? I have used CamScanner before but not for at least 6 months. The isn't installed in my phone either. Can I do something about it?

    submitted by /u/no_need_form
    [link] [comments]

    Help downloading video

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Can someone tell how to download embedded video from this link

    submitted by /u/ALAxDEEN
    [link] [comments]

    Help with home Wifi and router issues

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    Hey all, currently I'm using an ASUS RT AC5300 router, which is supposedly advertised as being one of the best. However, I'm running into some problems using it. When I'm in a close proximity to the router( in the same room), I hit speeds up to an average of 80mbps which is good. But once I leave to another room (on the same floor) it drops drastically to about 10mbps and even sometimes less than 5mbps which is barely useable. I was wondering if this was a problem with the router, the layout of my home( walls doors etc) or the fact that I have multiple devices connected to it at 1 time (currently 8 devices) which may slow down the connection? Thanks

    submitted by /u/birddamnbig
    [link] [comments]

    google slide hyperlinks

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    I made a Virtual Kindergarten Classroom for my students using google slides. My problem is that a new tab is opened every time they click on one of my hyperlinked images. I don't want my 5/6 year olds having to navigate through a whole bunch of opened tabs as they explore my classroom. Is there an easy way to make it so my hyperlinks open within the same tab when my students click on my hyperlinks? Or is this just something out of my control or beyond my technology skill level?

    submitted by /u/Sandraw82
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless earbuds help needed

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    So I have Jlab Jbuds Air wireless earbuds been working great then a family member got the same earbuds off amazon and his phone now connects to my earbuds and I can't use my earbuds for more then a minute without his connecting and interrupting it.

    submitted by /u/JcDoesEdits
    [link] [comments]

    Are there GPS trackers that are small enough to be concealed inside a laptop?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I once read somewhere that any anti-theft software can be wiped out if your drive is formatted. If insecurity is a big issue for me, is there any commercially available GPS tracker that is small enough to fit inside a laptop?

    submitted by /u/onomatopeow
    [link] [comments]

    Large Scale Noise Cancellation

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Working on sourcing a solution for large scale noise cancellation. We operate a large township in South East Asia, and there is a large inter-provincial road cutting through our residential area. We're looking for noise cancellation technology that can be applied on a large scale in order to reduce the noise pollution. Implementation is no issue, as we are working with the municipal government on this.

    I'd love to get some thoughts about some new innovative tech that may be able to solve this issue for us. Any recommendations or ideas are welcomed!

    submitted by /u/nnblam
    [link] [comments]

    How to find a person in a video on the internet? And how to do a video search on the internet?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    If you see somebody in a video, and you want to find where that video came from (i.e. who uploaded it and on which website), how do you that? And similarly, if you have a video and you wanna find different places on the internet where that video (or that video in an edited form) is uploaded, how do you do that?

    submitted by /u/notcomingslow
    [link] [comments]

    How to retrieve file not backed up from damaged computer

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Air that I spilled a drink on, and it won't turn on. I had a video saved on my desktop that I need immediately for a project, but it wasn't backed up on iCloud. Most repair stores are closed due to Covid 19 and I can't wait. Is there any way to retrieve that video?

    submitted by /u/Kevin8106
    [link] [comments]

    cant undervolt msi afterburner

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    When i try to undervolt in msi afterburner its like nothing has an effect on my game. Before undervolting it was at 70 to 75c. And then when I went to undervolt it, nothing changed, I looked into the settings and enabled all of the voltage options. Anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/Arudy123
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a wide format printer for personal/ hobby use.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    I'm a stencil artist, working with canvas sizes between 8" x 10" to as large as 24" x 36." I currently have a Brother MFC-J5620DW that if/when it decides to work doesn't fit my needs any more. Are there any wide format printers y'all would recommend? I'm fine with the cost of entry being a bit high if the cost of operation is lower, i.e. a $500 machine that runs on $80 of ink every couple of months VS. a $250 machine that runs on $80 of ink every month.

    submitted by /u/Dorigard
    [link] [comments]

    I have accidentally broken the K key of my Huawei Matebook 13 (2019) and have been looking for a way to replace it but so far have found nothing. I wonder if it possible to buy a set of keys or even an individual key.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Need Guidance On TikTok. Which Sub Should I Be Posting To? Anyone Happy To Help Here?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I use TikTok for work and I legit cannot get behind how to use the damn thing. (I am not 80 years old).

    Can you point me to a subreddit with experts? Are you a TikTok user who could help out?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/sausagepenne
    [link] [comments]

    Haptic and Olfactory signals in telecom?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Just like transmitting audio and visual signals via a video call, are the technology in the field of Haptics (touch) and Olfactory (Smell) developed enough to be integrated with a call? If the technology isn't developed, how long will it take? Or is it that, the technology is available but no company has made it commercial due to there being no viable market for it?

    submitted by /u/Ground_breaking_365
    [link] [comments]

    Are targeted ads ever handpicked by an actual person? Or is it always a bot?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I've been receiving some scary ads lately. I feel like I'm being spied on and I've been trying get to the bottom of it.

    submitted by /u/CarbonatedCoochie
    [link] [comments]

    What can I buy as an alternative to the Xfinity Xfi Pods/WiFi Extenders?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    I need to expand my Wifi reach with my Xfinity wifi package, however, their expanders have been unavailable for weeks. No idea why. Does any have any suggestions for an alternative that will work with Xfinity wifi?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kicksjoysharkness
    [link] [comments]

    Can i change my front camera feed to something else for pranking people in whatsapp group video call?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Upgrade or replace 2015 macbook pro

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I have a 2015 13" macbrook pro and i am starting uni in a month, my battery has 1100 cycles on it and barely lasts 2 hours. Would it be worth it to replace the battery and maybe get another few years out of it or just get a new laptop. everything i need to run runs well and it can run some less resource intensive games the only downside is the 128gb ssd.

    submitted by /u/Mcghee_Foulmouth
    [link] [comments]

    Scared to delete Hyper-V server by accident and lose my VM

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I started using Hyper-V last night and playing with it and accidentally hit remove server and it seemingly deleted my VM. I was wondering how to recover it/ if it's recoverable. I've tried to GTS but google keeps understanding "how to remove hyper-v servers and not answering my questions. Thanks in advance!

    edit:reason i'm scared is because i plan on using one my schools free windows 10 education versions on the VM and DO NOT want to lose that

    submitted by /u/yoloswaggins305
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when you archive an email?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment