• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    Tech Support - Circle by Disney

    Tech Support - Circle by Disney


    Circle by Disney

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    I have a bit of a unique issue.

    My friend's wifi is being blocked by the parental control device known as Circle, produced by Disney. Her father keeps the device in place because he doesn't want her to have any friends and so blocks, well, practically everything (hence why I'm making the post for them).

    Another unique aspect of this is that Circle allows you to actively block VPNs, after some research we were led to the conclusion that NordVPN can get past the VPN block but, no dice. So, I was wondering if anyone here would be able to give me a solution?

    Unfortunately, negotiation will not work. Their father isn't someone who can be reasoned with. Nor will just smashing the device since he'll just buy a new one

    All of the links I've found on the issue seem to be written by people who've never tried out the VPN blocking feature as all of them suggest just using a VPN (which we know to not work)

    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, we've been trying to get around this for a month now and nothing's worked, and its really taking a toll on my friend's mental health

    submitted by /u/H_Darg
    [link] [comments]

    Setting DNS on router.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    So, I'm thinking about setting my Pi with pihole as DNS server on my home router. My question is, if I shut down the Pi will the router be smart enough to stop trying to use it or will it cut internet access for every device connected? I'm asking this because there isn't an option to set a secondary DNS sadly.

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to tell the difference between two computers

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    I was looking to buy a new computer for myself (pre-built) and became interested in this https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/dell-g5-5090-i7-gtx1650-gaming-desktop-gd5r993au

    But it seems I have found something very similar to it with a much lower price direct from dell via ebay here

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Inspiron-3671-Desktop-9th-Gen-i7-9700-8GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-GTX-1650-4GB/333415166469

    After looking over it for a few hours I am still unsure what the difference apart from the case.

    Is there a difference between the one from the good guys and the one from ebay and if so what is it?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RealCouncilBR
    [link] [comments]

    DDR5 Memory Topologies

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    I'm a final year EEE undergrad and I have to write a rather extensive assignment on DDR5 and LPDDR5 memory topologies like RDIMMs, LRDIMMS, etc. When I say RDIMMS etc. I don't mean the general topic but something pertaining to DDR5. Since the JEDEC specs for DDR5 are not yet out I guess, are there any good sources where I can read up on the topic which is more detailed and appropriate for an audience which works in the industry? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Devansh29
    [link] [comments]

    So i have a dilemma, higher GPU temperature or high Fan speed ??

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    So i have a Nvidia Geforce 1660 SUPER video card from Asus with just ONE FAN. The problem with it is that when i play Black Desert, lets say, the GPU temperature will reach 77-85 °C.

    So i ask you guys, what should i do ? Use MSI Afterburner to set the Fan speed at 100% so the GPU temperature will drop, or leave it there at 85 °C and pretend its all cool.

    What is worse ? A high GPU temperature or a high Fan speed ?

    What will break the video card faster ?

    Should i worry about the high temperature ?

    What do you recommend ??

    Thank you guys.

    ( And please don't start and tell me to buy another one )

    submitted by /u/manta918
    [link] [comments]

    Help plz

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    I bought an ASUS vivobook 14 one week ago. The performance is great and there have been zero issues. Today, I saw a small dot on my laptop, it only appears on black and darker backgrounds. I did some research and found out that it's a stuck pixel, I have tried some methods to remove it. I can still try the websites that help fix it and I can still try to massage it. It's only one pixel and not too noticeable. Should I exchange my laptop free of charge for a new one? Will this stuck pixel ever go away? (Can't bother you get a new laptop and reinstall everything)

    submitted by /u/NickA1107
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a formula for calculating perceived picture quality that accounts for viewing distance?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    There's the formula for pixel density: sqrt(width2+height2)/inchesofscreen

    but it doesn't account for viewing distance, which could be the difference between centimetres and meters. Would I be right in thinking the solution involves the inverse square law of the PDI or am I way off?

    submitted by /u/FollyAdvice
    [link] [comments]

    Can an iPhone and Android find eachother?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    I have two phones - an android and an iPhone. each has their own purpose. they both have service / data. I know there are "find my phone" apps for each, but they use their corresponding brand devices to find them. Can I connect my android and iPhone so that they can find eachother in the same way that their OS-specific apps can?

    submitted by /u/Sydnall
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Desktop and Host Computer Question

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    For the past few months we've been using remote desktops to work from home (specifically GoToMyPC-when logged on, you can see people working). Recently management has been going into the office and they sent out an email saying that some people have been found playing video games, watching videos, and shopping among other things. Sometimes I leave videos on in the background on my host computer (outside of the remote PC window). Can management see activity on the host computer or can they only see activity on the remote computer? I thought they could only see remote activity but thinking about people playing video games confused me. Unless people somehow got video games installed on their work PCs, how would management see that?

    submitted by /u/HugeTampon
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with port forwarding. Any idea why this isn't working?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/541cERd

    I've followed tutorials to my specific router and did exactly the same and it doesn't seem to be working. Also, I remember doing this before, and I remember none of the tutorials working, and I remember I did something different to fix it, but not what.

    submitted by /u/RitaMoleiraaaa
    [link] [comments]

    PC won't recognize RAM

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I have been playing games on my PC for about a year when I wanted to upgrade my 10gb RAM to 16GB. I bought the PC off of someone, so the 4 slots were filled with 2gb-4gb-4gb-2gb RAM sticks. I took them out and replace them with 2x 8gb sticks (second and fourth slot). When booting up my PC, I saw my PC only recognized the second slot and not the fourth. When putting the 4 old RAM sticks in, I got the error code 55, and I also got error code 53 a few times. After doing some testing, I concluded that my PC only recognizes the second slot when there's RAM placed in there. Last week I ordered a 2x4gb Kit (thought it was 2x8gb, but the seller had it wrong), to test if it has to do with my old 2x8gb sticks not being a kit, and the same thing happened; the PC only recognized the second slot.
    I find this weird, considering it worked perfectly when running with the 10gb RAM setup. The RAM sticks do work, it just has something to do with the motherboard I guess?

    My specs:
    Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
    RAM: https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-240-Pin-PC3-10666-F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL/dp/B002X578GE

    submitted by /u/joshuahegeman76
    [link] [comments]

    Will my phone’s hotspot be adequate enough for my laptop to play an MMO game?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Google Photos keeps photos in full resolution, without compression with Google One. Normal uploads are now compressed. If I upload, then download, do I get the compressed version or original?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    WiFi Adapter not connecting well

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, got a question about my WiFi Adapter

    I'm currently using the ASUS AC12000 (Dual-band 802.11 AC, 2.4GHz + 5GHz) for my Windows desktop but some reason it's connection is not as good as my Macbook laptop, phones, and gaming devices.

    About 2ish years ago I used the same one (though lost it so I had to find a replacement) and it was working just fine.

    Right now I just did a speed test and it came out with ping 18, download ~1mbps, and upload 0.3mbps (it got lower from when I tested it out 2 days ago) (My Mac's speed test: ping 11, download 114, and upload ~12)

    As I said, all my other devices aren't experiencing any connection problems (things buffer instantly, downloading speed are fast, etc) but my Desktop sometimes disconnects and things will suddenly go offline making it hard to work, like earlier I tried downloading a file that was less than 1gb but it failed due to network error.

    Any advice like should I get a WiFi extender or any recommendations for other adapters? Anything is appreciated, Thank you everyone!

    submitted by /u/bukiyos
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about the Asus Rog Rapture AX11000

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    I have 3 questions about this product. First, do I need a modem for it? Second, can I connect it to my Netgear like the AiMesh or is that just for Asus products? Finally, would using a router as an extender with AiMesh be better than using a "real" extender?

    submitted by /u/ppslayer_69
    [link] [comments]

    corsair commander pro

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    looking to purchase a commander pro to help with ease of controlling all my fans (2x ql120 rgb, 2x 240/280mm rad fans), and i was wondering if the commander pro has the necessary connectors for the ql fans or if it only supports the LL or ML rgb fans since i know the ql fans have a proprietary connection. do all the corsair rgb fans use the same proprietary connector for lighting control? all help appreciated:)

    submitted by /u/pm-me-your-pets-plz
    [link] [comments]

    Creating backup hard drive for laptop

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Is there anything recommend I should do along with or other than just buying a 1TB external hard drive and just transferring the data on to it?

    submitted by /u/Benbin2000
    [link] [comments]

    What is this "touchscreen computer/TV" exactly?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    I "found" this touchscreen computer in the place I was renting to someone...they just left it behind. It has a big LCD screen and what I assume to be a glass cover that adds touchscreen capabilities. It had an HDD inside and a wireless adapter. It must be an Android TV of some kind...It is not branded and I don't think it was sold as a product; It's something built with generic parts by an IT technician. The place was a restaurant until lately, hence the computer was used most probably as a TV (to watch football matches and other things).

    I tried to connect the HDD to my computer, but it doesn't even recognize it. It must have an OS installed inside but I haven't found the time to boot through it. Anyway, I'd like to use the screen as an additional monitor for my PC, it really helps when editing videos.

    Do you know what it is? If the glass cover is a touchscreen digitizer? And if I can adapt this as a monitor? (It does have VGA input)

    submitted by /u/Lisergiko
    [link] [comments]

    Who can recommend a web hosting company

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    I want to make a switch from my current host an advise on getting a new one any suggestion is welcome

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/adebayoojo4real
    [link] [comments]

    SD Card meta data

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    I'm doing some work regarding SD cards and have a query regarding meta data I could use help with. Is the following statement factually accurate?

    "Forensic examination of an SD card would reveal the Meta Data (data about data) contained within them. This would subsequently, through cross referencing, reveal exactly where editing and other post capture manipulation has been carried out"

    Is there anything you gain from viewing the data on an SD card that you wouldn't gain from viewing the data on the PC it had been transferred to?

    submitted by /u/Jimbobmij
    [link] [comments]

    okay for some reason I can't post images so I can't show you but it there any way I can switch the order of my playback devices when you click the speaker icon? (this a VERY minor annoyance but if anyone know thanks)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Let's say I install Win 7 and X on separate SSDs, could they share an HDD without problem?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    Meaning if they'll both show it in explorer.

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    Switching Display Ports

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Is there a way to get a bind or shortcut that allows to switch from HDMI to DIsplayPort and vice versa fast?

    I find myself using two computers and one monitor at the moment. Also changing it manually on the monitor settings takes a little bit too long

    I would like to know If there is an option that does not use KMV switches (idk if i misspelled it)

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/IdinaRui
    [link] [comments]

    Zoom Webinar question

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    I joined a zoom webinar while coming out of the shower, expecting to decline the show video option in the video preview. However, it went straight to the webinar. Could anyone see/hear me? The only menu options were chat/raise hand/q&a, as shown here:

    submitted by /u/Western-Maintenance9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment