• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 24, 2020

    Tech Support - My parents are downloading records to see if my phone was on while I was driving. Can they do this and if so, how?

    Tech Support - My parents are downloading records to see if my phone was on while I was driving. Can they do this and if so, how?


    My parents are downloading records to see if my phone was on while I was driving. Can they do this and if so, how?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    I have an Iphone and I was on my way to work today and I skipped a song while driving and while I did that an oncoming car had drifted into my lane and I had to move to the side of the road andI slid and hit some bushes, but nothing bad happened. (Very stupid to even touch my phone while driving I know.) I freaked out cause I had slid and if I was going faster or was actually looking at my phone I would've gone into the trees over the cliff. That's all that happened but me and my car were fine, and I called my dad to come look and all was good. When I get home from work today my mom said she doesn't believe me and says she is pulling records from online that will take awhile, to see if my phone was open while driving. I said all I did was trying skip a song without looking at my phone, and didn't notice the car in my lane until it was right in front of me. She said what she paid for/downloaded online will tell her if my phone was open and connected to the internet when I was driving. Basically my main question is if this is possible and how it is? I wasn't on my phone today but I know I have once or twice before and she guaranteed me she would go back and look. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/throw213_
    [link] [comments]

    2 monitors with different refresh rates

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have a 165hz monitor I recently upgraded to, and now want to use a 60hz monitor as a second monitor. I heard in the past there were issues when doing this that the 165hz monitor would just get locked to 60hz or stuttering would happen etc. Right now I'm using just one monitor and was debating on buying a vertical monitor stand because my desk is too small to have two monitors side by side.

    Is this issue still present or am I safe to do a dual monitor setup like this?

    submitted by /u/Scrubadub1
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a phone I could get that would only be able to do basic stuff and use messaging apps? Trying to breal away from my phone addiction.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Basically the title. I'm far too addicted to my phone and would like something that can do basic stuff (calls, texts, alarms, maps etc) and also allow me to use a couple of messenger apps like whatsapp and faceboon messenger without letting me install a whole host of other apps that I'd waste time on. If anyone knows of something that would be suitable I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/A_Real_Phoenix
    [link] [comments]

    Can viruses spread through wifi?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    This a question I have had for quite some time now. I have googled and searched in many places even getting the opinion of an IT technician and I have heard different things all around and I am not sure what to believe anymore. I have heard people say that it is possible and I have heard people say that it can't be done. The IT technician I spoke to said that he doubts it is possible and over the years that he has been an IT technician he has never seen this happen. On the other hand, Google and many people on forums says that it is definitely possible for this to happen however none of the people that have stated this actually have any proof that they have either seen this happen or have encountered it themselves. So I am a point where I don't know what to do so I came here looking for answers. All answers and help is appreciated and I am looking forward to having this explained to me!

    submitted by /u/Kris-the-midge
    [link] [comments]

    Can you stop your pc from locking up by using the pause break key?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    So I was wondering if there is a scenario where hitting pause break would actually prevent you having to power cycle your computer? If not, then that key is only used for DOS?

    submitted by /u/LeTracomaster
    [link] [comments]

    Would Stalkerware Change My Google Maps Default Language?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I was traveling abroad in Asia recently and met someone I had a fling with. Some red flags have popped up since we split ways on the road, but we've stayed in touch. My Android phone had a virus on it, at least that's all I could make of it as my battery was draining very fast and glitchy things were happening, and I tried doing a factory reset.

    One of the red flags is that my Google Maps default language shifted to this other person's native language. I've since been a little creeped out that there's stalkerware, or something similar, on my phone.

    Would there be any chance that this swap to my Google Maps language and the virus (potentially actually stalkerware) would be related? I just want to know if there's any substance to this idea as I decide on how to proceed with her and my relationship.

    I'm wiping my phone again tonight.

    submitted by /u/KenHamburger
    [link] [comments]

    What are the restrictions in GNU General Public License ?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Which booking/Crm system for a restaurant+hospitality+charter boat operation?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    We run a restaurant that offers services to people and companys that include food and drinks (of course), but also accommodation (beds+cabins), conference rooms and shuttle boat service. Often our customers requests multiple of our services at once, but some of our customers just need a shuttle boat from A to B from 12.30-14.00 on a requested day.

    We have multiple shuttle boats, cabins and rooms that we want to have in one system to make it easier to keep organized and offer a good service to our customers.

    Which system do you recommend?

    I would prefer a self hosted and open source system if possible.

    submitted by /u/filosofixit
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the reel inside a cassette tape spin anticlockwise?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    Is there a reason for it to turn anticlockwise instead of clockwise? Vinyl records and CD's spin clockwise so why would cassette tapes not? It seems like the technology would work exactly the same either way. I've been wondering about this for over a year and I cant seem to find a simple answer!

    submitted by /u/inksurface
    [link] [comments]

    Time Slot Reservation System

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    I hope this is the right sub for this. If not my apologies, please let me know the appropriate sub and I will delete this one.

    My apartment building has a pool and when it opens we will most likely need to limit the number of people who can use it due to COVID-19. I was trying to think of a way for people to register for time slots but also have some control that one person can't register for all of them. Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

    My building has mostly older residents so the system would need to be fairly simple, need to run without too much administration and hopefully be free or very low cost. We would like to have some customization to tweak things like maximum number of hours or reservations booked per week by one apartment. Also the ability to delete/cancel reservations if people don't show up.

    So far my searches have lead me to bookit but it is only free to labs.

    I am fairly tech savvy and don't mind investing some time into the setup but I also don't want this to be a full time job.

    Thanks in advance for any advice and please let me know if you need any additional details.

    submitted by /u/wxrkny
    [link] [comments]

    My head cam will not save its settings, and returns to default. can I change this?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    I have an itek action pro sports camera. Its cheap but does the job. However, when I sort my settings out (turning off power saving mode, stopping videos looping, getting rid of date and time stamp as it never remembers the date and I have to enter the date each time) it is fine when turned on, pictures, videos, etc but when I turn off and back on, these settings erase and go back to default. Is there any way this can be fixed? Being a horseback rider I dont have the time to fiddle around each time I want to record. TIA

    submitted by /u/kaceyg123
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be possible to make a smartphone screen function like those mini scales? (Technically speaking)

    Posted: 23 May 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Printer for car that works off Bluetooth?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    Is there such a thing? I am looking for a printer to keep in my car for work (printing regular docs, not photos) but need it to communicate with my phone somehow when no WiFi is available...

    submitted by /u/lsarge442
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a Garmin Fenix 6 for its analytics while marathon training, considering returning. Not sure if it’s as capable as garmin claims. Can someone explain how it works?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    The title says it all. More detailed questions below. I'm sorry if this isn't the proper sub, but I couldn't find one that made more sense for what I'm asking. Happy to repost elsewhere if you have suggestions. Please be gentle, I'm not the most technologically literate, but I get by.

    Having hit a wall with my training, I decided I should get a high performance watch that only does what I want without the extra shit (hated my Apple Watch). I buy the Fenix 6, I love it, I check out the analytics on the garmin app, and all of a sudden my mind is flooded with the questions I should have asked before purchasing.

    Please help. Because this thing is claiming to take all these physiological measurements and as far as I'm concerned, the only thing it can directly track is my heart rate and movement, which, if it does, might only come within a certain range of accuracy.

    What part of the watch directly takes biometric data and what specific data is it taking? Which health stats are estimated off of this and how accurate are these algorithms? Is it accurate enough to justify the purchase?

    I just now can't wrap my head around how it can take my VO2 max. I've had my VO2 max taken before and as far as I'm concerned it's not possible without hooking my face up to a tube while I'm on a treadmill.

    Was this purchase a mistake? Is the data "close enough" that I could use it to plan my training and track progress? Or am I being fed a bunch of useless numbers and stats.

    For those wondering, yes I can afford the watch, that's not my issue. I just don't like wasting money, especially if there's a better option... assuming I have the budget for the better option too. If it's helpful I was mostly interested in the Fenix 6 for its ability to store music, track all of my regular activities (running, kayaking, mtb, swimming, yoga), and gps run route suggestions amongst all of it's data analytics. I also love backpacking and plan to maybe pay for inreach for longer/more dangerous treks. So it's not completely useless to me without the data analytics, but I would have liked the insight while training for my first marathon.

    submitted by /u/killthepuppet
    [link] [comments]

    Having a problem with firewall

    Posted: 23 May 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right sub but when I open valorant or uplay or steam it will I say I don't have connection to the internet and I searched the errors I got and they all said they were because of the firewall. I went to the firewall and gave all 3 permission, but it only worked on steam? The others still give the same error.

    submitted by /u/RitaMoleiraaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off caps lock pop up

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to turn off caps lock pop up I'm on Lenovo and all the tutorials say to go to "On-Screen Display" tab in the display, advanced display settings but i don't have the "On'screen display tab"

    submitted by /u/Mutantcarrot6
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an online service, app, or software that allows you to fax for free?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    I want to be able to send faxes for free. Please refer me one

    submitted by /u/Nesquick19
    [link] [comments]

    Connect to devices on a different Access Point?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Right now I have two 3D printers I'd like to connect to my home network. One uses ethernet, and the other has a wifi antenna. Unfortunately the wifi one doesn't play nice with the "smart" 5ghz functionality of my home router and there's no ethernet outlet near my printer shelf. I have been using an old router not connected to the internet to control them but it's a little bit annoying to change wifi networks all the time.

    I tried setting up the old router as an access point but I couldn't connect to the printers while connected to the main wifi network, I had to connect to the access point network (the printers have static IP addresses, I just paste them into my browser).

    Is there a way to set up the two routers so I can connect to the printers while on the main network?

    submitted by /u/bokonon_himself
    [link] [comments]

    Headphones for a studio mic

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Hey all, I have had a Rode USB mic for quite a long time and it has a 3.5 mm audio jack which allows you to hear either sound from your desktop or your own voice. I have been using my old earphones on it since I've had it but constantly get annoyed by having a wire dangling around. I was wondering if any of you know of a pair of Bluetooth headphones/earphones that would go into the 3.5mm (like a bt dongle or something) and take away the wire problem but still give me the ability to hear sound/ my voice through the Rode Mic.

    Budget would be around 200-300 euros but anything less is welcome :)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ruziq
    [link] [comments]

    Help Please - What happened to my Laptop screen

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    hi, just want to know if anyone knows what caused my laptop screen to be like this. it is like 4/5 of the screen are faulty. it started 2 days ago only. the screen is like full of dust. but the remaining 1/5 is okay and colors are perfect.

    pic

    submitted by /u/kemaro30
    [link] [comments]

    Key Logger Question

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    So I just bought a new laptop from Lenovo about a week ago and I've been doing some gaming and whatnot on steam. I checked my email recently and saw that multiple account accesses from my account and an alternate account that are both apparently linked to my email. This secondary account I've never heard of before and i looked it up on steam and its nowhere to be found. This kinda interested me a little and the emails that steam send me for verification also have an IP address attached from locations in china, India, and Texas. At first I looked up online to see if anyone had the same problem and most people said it could be a possible key logger. This sorta concerned me and I tried an anti spyware scan on my PC and nothing came up. Now I only received my PC on the 18th of may 2020 but I figured maybe somehow I had to have downloaded something malicious already and was freaking out a bit about how stupid I am that I already infected my computer, but I don't remember downloading anything shady at all. So i checked my emails again to see anything interesting and the first attempt on my account was done on February 5 2020 so it couldn't be anything infecting my PC. I do remember though I logged into my steam account around that time on my phone. Sorry for the whole long ass story but idk wtf could have given my account info away. I've changed my password on steam from my PC and I'm still getting attempts on my account. Again sorry for the longest post ever but I guess I'm trying to get some more info on what could be the problem. I have an Iphone and I know its pretty difficult to key log it without a jailbreak. So anyways just looking for some info thought maybe I could get that here.

    submitted by /u/MasterWoo00
    [link] [comments]

    Headphones recommendation please

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    I've been using the Razer Nari Ultimate PewDiePie edition for more than a year now and have been loving the sound quality and the comfortness that this headphones offer, but they are a bit too heavy for me. Can you guys give me a good headphones recommendation that are light and has good sound quality and is comfortable to wear for long hour gaming

    submitted by /u/Mawashiro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment