• Breaking News

    Monday, May 25, 2020

    Tech Support - How did someone shut down my wifi in GTA 5 Online?

    Tech Support - How did someone shut down my wifi in GTA 5 Online?


    How did someone shut down my wifi in GTA 5 Online?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    I recently had someone be annoying in GTA online chat, naturally I got them pissed off and all that shit. He said he was going to turn off my wifi, I did not care, they then stated the city I lived in. big deal he knows how to look at an ip address. then he temporarily shut down my wifi, I knew this was the only thing he could do as it did not seem much of a harm. I do not want this for my personal use I am just curious, how did he shut down my wifi? also is there a way to prevent this?

    submitted by /u/tiziano_is_fine
    [link] [comments]

    How do i know what's the max MHz ram my laptop's motherboard can support?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    It's a Intel Core i5 430M @ 2.27GHz and i am trying to upgrade my ram from it's current 4GB to 8GB (4+4). Crucial says DDR3-1600 but going to the motherboard's website it says DDR3 800/1066. I am confused. Can i upgrade to DDR3 PC3-12800 like crucial says? Or is the max i can do PC3-8500 as per this. Can i do PC3-14900?

    submitted by /u/Rayteesax
    [link] [comments]

    Cryptowallet

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    Which cryptowallet is good for holding coin right now?

    submitted by /u/Maksimjo
    [link] [comments]

    Cool cuda or deep learning projects?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    So, I just want to know if there are cool projects that are usable, some examples that I know are:

    waifu2x

    video2x

    rtx voice

    hent-AI

    I'm curious about other projects that can be used in real world

    submitted by /u/239990
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop screen not working.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    My laptop is not displaying anything on it. The screen is black but no totally. The screen is bright and there's light but nothing is being displayed. When I connected to a monitor everything is being display on the monitor but nothing on the screen. I tried changing it so only my display would be displaying something but it still didn't work.

    submitted by /u/elchapobutinwhite
    [link] [comments]

    Why are the TV broadcast transmitters People wear still so large?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    I was watching the Charity Golf tourney on TNT the other day, and saw Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods both wearing large, bulky transmitters.

    Photo, also lol at the positioning of Tiger and Peyton

    Why is this? Surely technology can make it smaller?

    submitted by /u/elcalrissian
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop being horrifically slow

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    My Laptop has been getting slower and slower recently and I really don't have the money to go buying a new computer. I've had it for a few years now so it's sort of expected, but I can't even figure out what is failing. My antivirus says nothing is wrong, I scanned my hard drive and nothing is wrong, I have gone into my startup programs and stopped unnecessary stuff from opening. My storage isn't packed at all (my hard drive for example has just under 50% of it's storage available) and I've been trying to delete a bunch of stuff (and even trying to uninstall applications has been slow and juttery)

    Besides being generally slow, I would open a game such as League (something I've been completely fine running before) and in-game my ping (NOT my fps) goes haywire, the other day didn't have ping LESS than 400 and it generally fluctuated between 400-2000 ping (so basically unplayable) I had also tried using an ethernet cable which didn't affect it - and obviously my computer has generally been slower, so my internet isn't the problem.

    A weird thing I've experienced with games in particular (I thought i'd mention because it might tell you something that doesn't click with me) - when I have found myself having issues 'running' something I have done the typical first thing you'd try - adjusting the graphics, and shockingly, It wouldn't matter if I was playing on MINIMUM graphics, or MAXIMUM graphics, it would still run the same!

    TLDR; Laptop running really slow - is there any other things you can suggest would be the problem/any tests I should run to try and identify the problem?

    submitted by /u/NightmareDeukaee
    [link] [comments]

    Does Anyone knows how to hack Microsoft forms?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    If I build my own router, do I still need internet from my ISP?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    I've been really into the idea of building my own router lately and I've been looking at stuff online about it for a few days. I've had one consistent question: will I still need an ISP? What really is the role of the ISP? Are they just someone who sells you a router?

    submitted by /u/ManjaroLinuxNovice
    [link] [comments]

    Bent cpu capacitors

    Posted: 24 May 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    When removing my cpu i bent some capacitors and broke one of by mistake will it still work?

    Edit: not capacitors cpu pins

    submitted by /u/Hmmmhmmhmmmn
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop running hot (90ºC 194ºF) while browsing, what can I do?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    I'm using the software Core Temp and can see that my CPU is running hot (90ºC 194ºF). I can also see that the power consumption is around 12~15W when temperature reaches its highest (sometimes it goes to ~8W and temperature drops to 65ºC)

    I've recently opened and cleaned the cooler, and also reinstalled Windows.

    I haven't changed the termal paste in years.

    What can I do to solve this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/galvera
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth 5.0 Question

    Posted: 24 May 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Hi r/AskTechnology,

    I'm looking to buy new headphones and was specifically looking for wireless ones to use with my PC.

    Since my PC's motherboard doesn't have integrated bluetooth functionality, I was researching for ways to make bluetooth headphones to work on my PC. To my research so far, it seems like a bluetooth USB adapter would do the trick for it to act as a transmitter/receiver and therefore establish connection between my PC and the headphones.

    My question is : I was wondering if someone could confirm to me if the following two products should in theory be compatible for usability? The two products are linked below :

    USB adapter:

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07VC413VQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1H62TRYOWK8CM&psc=1

    Headphones:

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Q3C56DD/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2XR0GE58QDDNI&psc=1

    The headphones are advertised to use Bluetooth version 5.0 and therefore I thought to look for the same in a USB adapter. Please let me know of any recommendations if you do have them concerning this very topic.

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/Cryxe
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to buy huawei products

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I am planning to buy the Huawei matebook 13, but I'm concerned about the Trump and China situation, if Trump really bans Huawei from working with Google or any US companies, does that mean my pc will no longer work anymore?

    submitted by /u/dotdotdot8
    [link] [comments]

    After turning on your phone how do you switch to safe mode?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    I know you can switch to safe mode when your phone is on. How do you switch when after turning on your phone. I have a htc android

    submitted by /u/cheapcardsandpacks
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube video download size

    Posted: 24 May 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    While trying to download a youtube video, i noticed that 720p video was smaller in size than 360p. Is this a glitch? A co-incidence? Or will watching these videos in 720p actually consume lesser data than watching in 360pm

    submitted by /u/adityakhunger
    [link] [comments]

    IOT (internet of things) devices and cheap smart technology; should I worry about my local network?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    I have a couple smart plugs and a couple smart bulbs that are not brand name. You add them to your network to control them. How likely are these cheap Chinese devices that I'm buying off Amazon likely to inject some sort of network exploit?

    I'm trying to balance appropriately paranoid with intelligently aware. Could I have a few super nerds give me a good idea of where those two ends line up?

    submitted by /u/robiflavin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment