• Breaking News

    Monday, May 18, 2020

    Tech Support - If I hide my IP address with a VPN, but browse on my phone (no VPN) can people still find my IP address?

    Tech Support - If I hide my IP address with a VPN, but browse on my phone (no VPN) can people still find my IP address?


    If I hide my IP address with a VPN, but browse on my phone (no VPN) can people still find my IP address?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    I am looking to learn more about developing AR/VR Effects. Where would I look to learn more, and are there any tutorials available?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Talking similar to Instagram/Facebook filters and other creative uses.

    submitted by /u/awkwardhipsters
    [link] [comments]

    Would Reddit know your identity as soon as you logged in via Google Chrome in a session where you were logged into your gmail account via the browser?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    Gmail account has name so now Reddit has name.

    It wouldn't surprise me.

    submitted by /u/WritingGold
    [link] [comments]

    Send individual callers to voicemail

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Is it possible to send individual callers to voicemail fir when you do not want to be called by specific contacts.

    I have Samsung s10 plus.

    submitted by /u/anonyy
    [link] [comments]

    What is the importance of the Million Mile battery? (Whats its significance?)

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    Recycle screen from broken laptop?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    I was wondering if there is some way to take the screen from a broken laptop, the motherboard fried, and use it on as a monitor for a desktop. The screen was working fine before the motherboard fried, and my brother mentioned something about taking the screen and using it as a second monitor for my desktop.

    The laptop is an HP evny bang & olufsen, I forget what year, but it is at least 2016 or before.

    submitted by /u/ttimo123456
    [link] [comments]

    (Mac) Looking for software recommendations to frequently back up different external hard drives

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm using a MacBook Pro and never really Windows, so if possible it would be nice to get Mac software recommendations, but I'm also happy to take a look at some good Windows software, to get an idea :)
    I have 3 hard drives that I would like to create backups of:
    - The internal 256GB SSD
    - An external 2TB HDD that I use as storage expansion, which contains things I frequently work with
    - An external 2TB HDD which is my archive - it contains old disk images, old creative projects etc. I don't attach this one often to my computer.

    I like TimeMachine a lot, as it's keeping a file history in case I accidentally delete or lose something, and I use it to back up my internal SSD to an external drive - but I'd love to use something similar also for my external drives. While I read about some people using TimeMachine to back up their external drives (e.g. here https://danielsato.com/blog/2014/08/26/using-time-machine-to-backup-an-external-drive/), I find it clunky and I'm not sure if it will work out so well - going into the settings every time I'd like to back up my "extension" 2TB HDD and switching things around, just to forget that I am not backing up my internal SSD anymore doesn't sound so good :(

    So basically what I'm looking for is maybe a tool which helps me to create these backups when I plug in both the external and their backup counterpart, without me having to think about it too much. I'm fine paying some money for the software if you think it's worth it.

    Sorry for the long post, I'd love to hear some recommendations/thoughts from you, as I have been pretty unsuccessful with the Googles. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ParticularPattern
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a video input as PnP through Windows?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Howdy.

    Just to preface: Windows 10, NVidia graphics.

    If I had a "video outputting device" (something with a video output), and I hook it up to my computer, is there any way that I could view this device as it's own Window on my computer? Similar to how you could open a webcam video feed as a window.

    The only reason I can see for not being able to do this, is if all video ports on a graphics card are unidirectional.

    submitted by /u/rangemuldee
    [link] [comments]

    When I was younger I stupidly scrapped 3 linux pc's because they were outdated.....

    Posted: 17 May 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Over the years the only things I have left are 3 80gb harddrives, and 3 200W psu's. Anyone got any ideas what I can do with those because I don't want them to go to waste.

    submitted by /u/Apocryphenn
    [link] [comments]

    Does the magnets in the headphones or speakers attract lightnings in an electric storm when are in use?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    Connections between Nuclear and Solar?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Are there connections between solar and nuclear technology,

    Will people move jobs between these industries?

    How can we track the progression of the two?

    Will there be very similar jobs in both industries.

    Is there technology that governments can invest in that will benefit both industries?

    submitted by /u/HarutoSakura
    [link] [comments]

    How do I automate certificates?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Hey I'm back to work soon and I've been tasked with creating hundreds of certificates which are usually done manually.

    The certificates have a standard design the only things that change are the certificate number, dates, names and company names.

    Is there a programme, website or software that could automate this progress to avoid me having to do it all individually?

    Thanks for taking the time to read this.

    submitted by /u/jafito
    [link] [comments]

    What are the upsides of building a Hackintosh ?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    CD Universe users, I need your input.

    Posted: 17 May 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    How do I remove payment methods from my CD Universe account? If any of you use the site and can tell me it would help me out.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/PsycologicalTennis9
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know about AR?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Ok so here's the story I wanted to download "FNAF AR: special delivery" so I go into the Google play store and search for it, nothing came up. I searched for it on google chrome and found the game however when I clicked on the download button it brought up the google play page for the game and it said "Your device does not support this version" So I looked at what my device required. It said GPS functionality and have more than just a wifi connection. I have data and I do have GPS. So I tried to restart the google play store. I went to settings and cleared the cache and the data, I also did this for google play service. Went back and still nothing. I though why was I not able to download this AR game? I then thought I must not have googled AR core service installed. Looked it up and said my device could not support the application. I visited google AR compatibility lists and the requirements to run it are:

    1. Android 7.0 and above
    2. Had Google play store service preloaded into the device My phone has both! I have the google plat store loaded and my phone is above the Android level needed! I'm running Android 1.0. If anyone can help me with this problem please comment on this or message me!
    submitted by /u/Hot_head444
    [link] [comments]

    How does the space on my laptop run out so fast?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    I had 475 GB of space in the start. Then I downloaded 9 games, moved all my pictures to the laptop (over 1000), and now it says I only have 211 GB of space left.

    submitted by /u/magdakitsune21
    [link] [comments]

    How come modern laptop batteries last so long?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Ive got a Huawei Matebook D 14 with Ryzen 3500u and the battery life on it is 9 hours. That seems absolutely insane to me! How is that possible? Its got a 4-cell battery, and its quite small in size. I remember my old laptops from 2000s and 2010s having like 3-4hours battery life maximum and that was doing light tasks. How can this new laptop play video for 9 hours and not go empty?

    Are processors so much more power efficient? Are laptop screens way less power hungry? Are batteries so much more powerful for the same weight/size? Where does this massive improvement come from?

    submitted by /u/MaxaMakkara
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro Decisions!

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    I am about to invest in the IPad Pro 12.9" model. The question I have, is what storage option should I be looking at? I will be using the device mainly for procreate, Apple Music and some browsing and light gaming. Can I get opinions please?

    submitted by /u/jacoboco94
    [link] [comments]

    Slower internet speeds on a Windows then a MacBook

    Posted: 17 May 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    Hi guys I just did a couple of internet speed tests were I tried to be as fair as possible and keep the parameters equal for both machines.

    I ran internet speed tests on a Dell XPS 15 9570 and a MacBook Pro 13 from 2017. Our internet speed is 500/100 Mbps and the MacBook consistently gets 300 Mpbs but the Dell only manages around 70 Mbps.

    I also checked a couple of other devices such as a surface pro 4, samsung galaxy s9 and an iphone 11. They got approximately the same speeds as the Dell however the iphone could sometimes go up to 200 Mbps.

    Do you guys know what this could depends on? All the devices are wirelessly connected

    submitted by /u/revereape
    [link] [comments]

    What TV do you suggest?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    I'm looking to replace my old 52in 720p tv from mid 2000s and my current knowledge of TV technology is far behind. I was wondering whether I should buy a TV with integrated Roku or go with a better brand for quality and a separate Roku device. If the latter, which TVs do you recommend? I am looking for 4K quality and 52in+ and other good features unknown to me. My budget is $2000USD max.

    Edit: first sentence

    Edit2: the area where the tv is placed gets a lot of sunlight and research shows QLED is better. can someone with similar parameters confirm?

    submitted by /u/ShesaidIamthe1
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable my 19 year older narcissistic tech savvy brother from being able to see everything I type on my iPhone XR?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 01:47 PM PDT

    How do I disable him able to see everything I type on my iPhone XR thing on my phone

    I've tried looking at privacy settings but there doesn't seem to be an option

    I want to get rid of it because I like privacy and it shows everything that I have been on in 24/7 365 and I don't like it because it's psychologically and emotionally damaging by causing 24/7 humiliation and embarrassment and is not good for my mental, psychological, or emotional health.

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment