• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 19, 2020

    Tech Support - How do free VPNs operate?

    Tech Support - How do free VPNs operate?


    How do free VPNs operate?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    It seems a bit too good to be true when I look at various free VPN services. How exactly are they making money? Does anyone have any insight as to how they work and if they are trustworthy?

    submitted by /u/welvetio
    [link] [comments]

    PC BUILD COOLING: How do they work best?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    In this infinite possibilities world of cooling you're new sexy PC build, there are multiple ways, and strategies for getting the optimal temps down to icy chillness. I would like to know how this magical goodness works best? What go-to mindsets do you have when you're going to build a PC? How do airflow directions work best?

    Here is a build I'm currently working on and I've added some fans to it already along with a liquid cooling system. Please, if you would be so kind as to let me know how I may improve this build. My budget is about 5.5k. In addition to this, feel free to let me know any modifications or issues you may notice with the paired parts. I'm tech savvy, but still learning the particulars.

    Link to the build:

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nqp7BZ

    Much love and thanks my people!

    submitted by /u/creativ3ace
    [link] [comments]

    How to bring internet 300ft away from the modem

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    I want to bring internet to my camper 300ft away from my house. Both are cover in metal sheet so signal barely reach outside. Im thinking probably some kind of antena on the camper and on the house? Or maybe an ethernet cable?

    submitted by /u/3l3ctrikfish
    [link] [comments]

    I came across this helmet the other day, The Jarvish Ar helmet. It looks really impressive does anyone happens to know how it works?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    I came across this the other day and was fascinated. Does anyone know how it works or might work? Thanks. http://www.jarvish.com/

    submitted by /u/Jardz04
    [link] [comments]

    I do only a very little browsing and checking some emails ,will the Dell Optiplex 3020M be enough for my work?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    Also i'm thinking of upgrading the ram to 8gigs and swap the hdd with an SSD

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    External monitor?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    Hey techguys,

    I have a question since I don't know how to do it myself. I have a laptop HP Elitebook 840 which doesn't have HDMI but a Dual-Mode DisplayPort and External Monitor port and the thing is I want to connect it to my 10 year old Dell Ultrasharp 24'' LCD monitor, how do I do it? what adapter?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/MrD0n3
    [link] [comments]

    PING ISSUE

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    my brother talks video chat to some girl in korea all the time and my ping sky rockets because of it. is there anyway to improve this? its starting to piss me off

    submitted by /u/cunderman
    [link] [comments]

    Low storage on my crappy laptop

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    My laptop has about 30 gigabytes of storage and i need to download some stuff for school but I can't free up any more space. I was considering an external hard drive but I don't know if I can place apps on it. Please help

    submitted by /u/UnconsciousBlackBear
    [link] [comments]

    Can an employer see my search history if I'm logged into my work gmail account?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    I've been curious about this for awhile.

    I have a gmail account through work. When I'm at home (using my own personal computer and wifi), I typically delete my history before logging into my work gmail account, and sign out again after. I'm wondering how necessary this is.

    Can an employer hypothetically see my google history if I'm logged into my gmail account? Also, lets say I visit website.com while logged out of my gmail account. I then exit website.com and sign into my gmail account, without deleting my search history. Can they see I visited website.com still, even if it was before I signed into their gmail account?

    submitted by /u/unhappy_dedication
    [link] [comments]

    Why do powerful computers have trouble with 3D CAD but can easily render real time 3D games?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I use SolidWorks for 3D CAD. Basic shapes only. My modern computer screams doing it and I get all sorts of warnings about limited resources. These CAD programs all work like this, and they're even GPU accelerated. If I want to render a SINGLE FRAME using lighting, this takes minutes to render. Just twirling around my design causes stalls and lag. This is even the case when I've had access to workstations we named "THE BEASTS".

    Now, if I open up a 10 year old computer and play a 10 year old game, the 3D performance seems to blow away the performance of CAD programs on a modern 'BEAST.' Visually and emotionally this appears to be THOUSANDS of times the performance.

    If this isn't just about having a GPU, what is this really about?

    Added:

    It's not just rendering that takes bogs down. Navigating menus and using tools. I suspect that because rendering bogs down the CPU so much, that everything else is affected too.

    submitted by /u/super_delegate
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a website/extension/program that will allow me to watch youtube videos with my friends?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    So my friends and I have been using Discord to stream the videos while we all sit at a voice call and chat/laugh about the videos (mostly fan movies) but I was looking for an easier way because the way we're doing it currently isn't the greatest.

    I found a website called ShareTube but couldn't get it to work. Does anyone know if there is any good alternative?

    Preferably one that's not super high tech or difficult to set up, my friends aren't exactly good with computers.

    submitted by /u/LuLuCheng
    [link] [comments]

    Could an outside source hack into my phone and receive messages?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    So recently I was hacked in two emails of mine. It has been incredibly stressful for me because they know a lot about me. (I received a phone call regarding the 2020 Census this morning with my full name attached. I didn't complete the call of course but now they know it's me.) I'm trying to implement two-way security options so it's harder for them to login and use any new passwords they have of me. Still, they know a lot about me.

    Now to give more context. The account that was hacked was my old Yahoo account. I found out two days after it occurred (very coincidentally, mind you). I assume when I made my G-mail account, it synced with the yahoo account as my backup/password restoration account and they got a hold of my newer gmail as well. (Not the password associated with it, though. I'm not even sure what to do about that. I'm so scared they'll be able to find out how to get into my phone or something because they know my number. Also I'm trying to change as many passwords as I can, including bank and all, but I don't know what else I can do.

    Should I just switch emails? Also more importantly, should I consider a new phone number? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/internally
    [link] [comments]

    Software/App for playing pre-recorded Audio (e.g. Terms and Conditions) over a phone call.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    A number of very unfortunate stars lined up, and now it looks like at work, we're going to need to physically play Terms and Conditions over the phone to clients we speak with.

    We're wondering if there's a more elegant solution specifically designed for something like this, because of how cartoonish the idea sounds (it's forced on us by management..).

    To be clear, after the audio recording, the conversation will proceed as per normal.

    submitted by /u/Lostwhispers05
    [link] [comments]

    If you use a DNS other than you's router's can your ISP still see what websites you visit?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    How to protect digital security?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Like the title says, how can I best protect my digital privacy? I'm in the US and it seems like each year more and more of our privacy online is taken away. What are some of your suggestions on how to be more private while online?

    submitted by /u/snow-n_bikes
    [link] [comments]

    Is €120(or $131) for an Samsung 860 QVO 1TB ssd a lot?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I haven't been tracking prices of SSD's and i came across this SSD. I was just wondering if this is cheap for SSD's or the normal price. Last time i bought an SSD they cost a lot more.

    submitted by /u/Le_coSmonaut_Discret
    [link] [comments]

    Prezi Video: can you watch a video from an Ipad/Iphone?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    I am remotely teaching these days and some students access my classes through an Ipad. They tell me they can't watch my videos. Is there a way to watch it through an Ipad?

    submitted by /u/marcospanontin
    [link] [comments]

    No external hard drives recognized

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    I have a strange issue. My computer has stopped recognizing external hard drives. Not mice, keyboards, etc, just hard drives. Disk management on windows doesn't see any hard drive besides my main internal one. I verified the hard drives are not the problem on a different computer. I tried different USB ports on the front/back. A couple oddities:

    1. the case doesn't seem to properly protect the internals from static electricity because it resets if it is shocked, and
    2. it seems to accumulate static or *something* because the USB ports stop working for my oculus rift occasionally, and the only fix is to turn the computer off, discharge it by unplugging from the wall for a minute, then starting it back up

    Is this likely an unfixable motherboard issue? If I get a new mobo, is the case probably going to zap that one too?

    submitted by /u/ecktoplazm
    [link] [comments]

    annoying monitor buzz / static noise.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    here is the video for it https://streamable.com/hjml8t . and here is my monitor if it helps. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-g25-10-24-5-led-fhd-freesync-monitor-raven-black/6404026.p?skuId=6404026 you may need to have a loud volume to hear it. It is very quiet over video. And also if you hear a fan in the background that is my laptop not the buzzing noise. another tip I could give you to notice the sound is to pause and un pause the video.

    submitted by /u/Arudy123
    [link] [comments]

    What processor should I use to record?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    So, I have a laptop which has both the Nvidia and the integrated processors and I'd like to use the best one with OBS to record my games, problem is that my graphic card is shit (GeForce 940mx) while my processor is an i7 (7th gen) so, even if most say I should use the Nvidia one shouldn't the i7 be better? Ty in advance for any answer :3

    submitted by /u/rociel96
    [link] [comments]

    How to convert highlighted part of pdf into Bold text?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    So i have figured out how to export only the highlighted part from a pdf file but that doesn't quite solve the problem. I was wondering if there is any way to convert highlighted bits in a pdf into Bold text as well without having to do it individually for each bit of text?

    Hoping i was able to convey what i wanted.

    It would be a massive help. Thank you very much.

    submitted by /u/UniqueHighwayy
    [link] [comments]

    How can i see someone's public gmail profile?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    I know this was possible with Google+, but since they shutted it down (at least for personal use) i'm looking for another way to check a gmail's public page

    submitted by /u/Ali_rz
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard

    Posted: 18 May 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Hi, sorry if this is wrong subreddit for this but my sister is looking for an ergonomic backlit TKL keyboard but I can't seem to find any online. Does anyone know if these are available anywhere? Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/greengromit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment