• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 25, 2020

    Tech Support - How much of your online activity can your employer track?

    Tech Support - How much of your online activity can your employer track?


    How much of your online activity can your employer track?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    If I'm using a personal device (ex. personally owned cell phone or laptop), connected to company WiFi, how much activity can my employer track?

    I know they can see the overall sites I visit such as Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, etc. But are they able to tell exactly what posts I'm interacting with, commenting on and liking? And does this information change if you use an app instead of the actual site in a browser?

    submitted by /u/NotAFakeP
    [link] [comments]

    Computer noob(help)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    I have some specs im hoping to get on this customizable pc because im just starting out pc gaming but i dont know if these specs ive seen are good, can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/DazE-EditZ
    [link] [comments]

    How do I enable "It is now safe to turn off your computer"on windows 10?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Any legit android emulator?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    I've been lookin' for android emulators to play some games on my pc ,but the problem is that none of them are either good for my mid-end pc or are malicious (and full of adware) , Any other way i can play android games on pc?

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Cusp of evolution website?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    Basically is there any site out there that categorizes different types of technology and lists the newest developments in each?

    submitted by /u/hahawadduplmao
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use a raspberry pi as a capture card?,how?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    Laptop Specifications Breakdown

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I need to buy a new laptop for my college course, their webpage lists all the minimum specifications for the laptop, including one I don't really understand: " Possibility of booting ('starting') from a CD or USB stick; It must be possible to install Linux natively (UEFI needs to be able to turn off 'Secure boot') ". How do I know if a laptop can do this?

    submitted by /u/arachniddude
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for an e-mail to be sent to an address, which is created some days into the future ?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    So, I'm having a first.last@gmail.com type of e-mail.

    But my name is a very common one, spelled in a different way. So people often just read and write my name as they are used to, which in case of my e-mail is pretty annoying, as I'm not recivieng them.

    As I'm currently waiting for an important e-mail, which should have been sent yesterday, I thought to create another e-mail with my first name misspelled.

    I really don't know if this will benefit me in any way, as I don't know if e-mail get sent several times or just one single time, in case the address doesn't exist.

    submitted by /u/Zirton
    [link] [comments]

    Is an HDMI KVM switch sufficient for 1080 widescreen gaming on highest settings?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    I have a work laptop (2x USB-C, 1x HDMI) and a new gaming PC build (3x DP, 1x HDMI). I have one monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I understand I can use a KVM switch to connect the peripherals on one end, and both machines on the other, and then hit a button to change which machine the peripherals are talking to.

    Is there a switch or setup so I can use the DisplayPort on the gaming PC but HDMI on the work laptop? Or even DP and USB-C? I want the games to be best possible performance, work laptop runs excel and firefox so that can be whatever.

    So far it seems my options are either A) suck it up and play games on HDMI since those switches are widely available, or B) use a KM switch to connect keyboard and mouse to both machines but then use separate DP and HDMI cables for the monitor and then change inputs on both the KM and the monitor if I want to switch machines. Is there a way to accomplish B with a single buton?

    submitted by /u/pokemontradeaway456
    [link] [comments]

    Took a picture on my school chrome book on accident. I deleted it almost right away but will the school still be able to see?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:07 AM PDT

    As the title says I took an embarrassing selfie by accident on my school chrome book. I deleted it as soon as I did. Will they still be able to see it. Like is it saved on a server or something?

    submitted by /u/gogetablue7033
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox x and a monitor questions (sorry if this isnt allowed here they got rid of the post on the xbox sub)

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    So i'm not savy with tech at all but having a monitor seems much more appealing to me then getting a 40 inch tv.

    This looks appealing to me https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MTMCNLX/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_jU9OEb51Y4G1A thoughts? I see all the youtubers promote the benq but theyre probably getting paid to promote it Recommendations would be appreciated, once again if this isnt allowed ill take it off.

    submitted by /u/chickenandwaffles22
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini 2018 not recognizing input from my A1243 keyboard

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    This is a bizarre problem and I'd be grateful if someone could help. This has been bothering me for 2-3 days.

    My Apple A1243 aluminium keyboard is not producing input. Or is it?

    When I plug it in to USB 2/3, back of Mac Mini, KVM switch etc., the System Preferences->Keyboard has the 'Use F1, F2 ets keys as standard function keys' turned on, and disappear when i remove it.

    When I plug my shitty Logitech PC keyboard into one of the *side* USB ports on the A1243, the keyboard works - and yet the A1243 doesn't.

    It's caps lock light won't turn on at all either.

    Possible solutions:

    I had the Logitech tools installed on the Mac Mini to control the speed/colour of a mouse I got recently - I removed this, completely, including all the stuff lurking in system directories -- no dice, but I think there may be some driver blocking this keyboard, either as an Apple make-more-money operation or something else.

    I went on the net and got instructions to remove a driver from the system Library directory - didn't work. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250729737

    I had a look at the keyboard in my System Information - a screenshot of it here: https://redrom.ltd/img/MADNESS.png -- it is indeed connected to power, and appears to have enough to function but no keyboard input received.

    I've been told to reset the PRAM/NVRAM, tried it, didn't work.

    So, though I know it works, I don't have all the solutions to try, and am in the dark murky waters of frustration and misery. Plz halp.

    submitted by /u/bitcheslovereptar
    [link] [comments]

    Is my laptop done for?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    So maybe 20 minutes ago I accidentally spilt some water on my laptop (2016 MacBook) and some of it went through the vents and on the keyboard. It completely shut off and stopped responding for 5-6 minutes before I managed to turn it back on and it seemingly is working fine. The display was slightly shaky at first but has stopped. The camera, sound, keyboard, mouse, everything is seemingly working fine. However I'm still nervous. Is there anything that I should still be concerned about?

    submitted by /u/TobyTooToo
    [link] [comments]

    Estranged brother gave me ipad years ago, found it while moving recently, want to factory reset but dont know his password

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    I made it all the way to "erase all content and settings" but when prompted, a login comes up and it's my estranged brothers account. I dont want to talk to him but the ipad was a gift so does anyone know how I can reset and put my account on it?

    submitted by /u/b_hukcyu
    [link] [comments]

    Sony TV Troubleshooting

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    So I was using a Sony TV (XBR-55X810C) when it suddenly blacked out and lost power and would not turn back on. Tried switching an outlet. Didnt work. Tried hard reseting, but nothing happens. No lights, no flashes, nothing. Did something just break internally and now its time for a new tv?

    submitted by /u/Highborn71
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to work out which social media sites a username is NOT registered on?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Is it possible that my apple watch is making me sick?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Is it possible that my apple watch is making me sick?

    Christmas of 2019, I got the apple watch series 5. I wear it everyday as it makes an outfit chic and I don't need to carry my phone everywhere. Because of the stay at home circumstances, I haven't been wearing it everyday. On the days where I don't wear it, my stomach always hurts and I feel miserable. But then I put it on and I'm normal. I was thinking maybe apple is making me dependent on my watch and giving me withdrawals when I don't wear it so I keep wearing it and buying when I need a new one.

    submitted by /u/capecodlady1998
    [link] [comments]

    Trojan

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Hello. I downloaded a RAR from someone on discord and just before i was going to open it, my windows defender triggered and it said it detected a trojan. When i clicked on remove, my system said that it might have not been removed completely and it might still be running. The file did not open (at least visibly) on 7zip but i'm still worried if it did any damage. I tried opening malwarebytes and it said the service could not be started.

    submitted by /u/-user--name-
    [link] [comments]

    How can i compile IDA pro for linux?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    im about to upgrade my "pre-historic" laptop

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:56 PM PDT

    And the only CPU that i found online is a "i5 460M" (mobile processor) but when i checked on the laptop online the only supported core i5 from my laptop was the "i5 480M" i dont know if it will work or im just overthinking things if you want to know more my laptop is the "Acer Aspire 480" and i dont know if any laptop will support any mobile processor but yeah.

    submitted by /u/Sephoyy
    [link] [comments]

    Need help configuring a setup

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Earlier I had the idea of a setup I think I'd like a lot. Right now I run a dual monitor setup with my pc, and I had the idea of mounting a small TV above the center of them on my wall. How would I go about doing it? I want to be able to switch from dual monitors to just the single TV connection and back again without having to unplug anything.

    submitted by /u/Tyler_Fate
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difference between VNC (TigerVNC), NX (X2go), RDP (xrdp), and Xpra?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Is someone here knowledgeable on satellite internet?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    I am a Master student and for my thesis I do research on satellite internet. For this research I need to ask some technical questions about satellite internet. If you are not an expert but know someone who is or perhaps know of a different subreddit that can help me with this please let me know! Many thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/iidaanj
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that can broadcast and sync up to a movie, like for a drive-in?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    I have a lot of land and last summer my family and friends would use our projector to watch outdoor movies. I want to do similar thing but with everyone staying in their car (for COVID-19 reasons). One thing I need to figure out is if there is an app that can play along with the movie so people can hear it in their cars if they want to close their windows? Is there a way to use an FM station??

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/GalacticWolf87
    [link] [comments]

    My friend can hear me talking on discord after his WiFi goes out

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    I like to play video games with my friend so we'll have discord open so we can talk. His WiFi is set to cut off at 11:30pm every day, but after that time he can still hear me for a few minutes. He can't talk back to me, and he can't do anything with discord or the game. Why can he still hear me when his WiFi stops?

    submitted by /u/-Champion400-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment