• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 26, 2020

    Tech Support - Do 4K budget TVs perform better than high-end 1080p TVs from 10 years ago?

    Tech Support - Do 4K budget TVs perform better than high-end 1080p TVs from 10 years ago?


    Do 4K budget TVs perform better than high-end 1080p TVs from 10 years ago?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    For example, would something from 2011- 1080p Samsung Series 7 55inch (UA55D7000), still hold up compared to budgets 4K TVs now? Like the 4K Hisense K680?

    Or would they be completely outmatched?

    submitted by /u/PersonalJ
    [link] [comments]

    I have a FPS issue and im completely lost, any help is welcome

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    For christmas (which was a while ago I know) I wanted to step up my graphics card, I was running with an NVIDIA and it wasnt to bad, sorry i dont remember what it was but it wasnt an amazing graphics card. I ended up buying a Radeon AMD RX 5700. Since then I have had non stop issues. My graphics averaged from about 40-70fps and with the old card i was running around 100-130fps. I had all the requirements for the card so i dont know why this new card was failing so much. There is no over heating, the fans dont turn on until it starts to heat up and the fans dont turn on whatsoever, i have never overclocked either. Then i ungraded a few other things and im still not seeing any performance fixes. I now run the following:

    AMD RX 5700

    24 GB ram

    Intel core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00 GHz

    I have a ssd(128gb) and hdd(1Tb)

    ASROCK Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4 mother board

    and more than enough power from the power supply, i believe 750w

    and again im barely able to hit 70fps and i have frame skipping all the time

    Please someone help, ive been struggling with this for far to long.

    submitted by /u/LemonEquation
    [link] [comments]

    When playing a MKV stream, is the entire file downloaded or just the chosen tracks?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    For instance: I have a 18.6GB MKV file. Video is 12.8GB, lossy audio is 1.10GB (there is a lossless 4.11GB track too) and the subtitle I want is 21MB (there are dozens of subtitles in the file).

    To know if my internet speed is enough to stream this video, should I consider 18.6GB (the entire file size) or just 13.9GB (sum of tracks I'll need)?

    submitted by /u/sintapilgo
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to visit malicious websites with NOscript browser addon enabled ?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    I scanned some urls with VirusTotal and they were found malicious but am i safe if i visit them with NOscript firefox addon enabled?

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Home server from raspberry pi ?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    I had a 2tb HDD lying around in house it no actual use so i thought i can make it into a home media server i don't wanna buy a full computer for that so i thought of using a raspberry pi but i'm not sure if the raspberry pi is powerful enough .

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Website

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:24 AM PDT

    Hi so I'm not really sure where to ask this question so I guess I'll ask here. I was going through my chrome bookmarks when I found a weird link, so I hit it and it didn't load. I saw the title of the website and googled that with .com at the end. Nothing ended up happening and so I just googled the name and found that it was linked to an Ad website called msales, but I also typed in something similar to the name and wound up on a website that asked me to download some safesearch chrome app before I could do anything. I deleted the tab and history, ran a virus check and everything came back fine. Do I have anything to worry about?

    Edit: Also while looking through chrome history before delete, the url I searched for wasn't listed.

    Edit2: all right I looked into it more and what I ran into seemed to be some type of adware.

    submitted by /u/rjb300
    [link] [comments]

    Q: Modem is far away...Can I run Ethernet hardwire for gaming console through wall plate with BOTH the coaxial and cat6 connection ports on it? Do I need an adapter? Do I need to activate it somehow through my router/modem?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    What's the most optimal placement for my ram?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    here's a chart of my motherboards ram slot speeds

    I have a pair of 2800mhz (4GBx2)

    And I have a single 3200mhz (16GBx1)

    I'm really not sure how to read the chart. I know A1 & B1 are pairs and A2 & B2 are pairs, but I don't know which order I should put them in. I appreciate any advice

    submitted by /u/mangoskinz
    [link] [comments]

    How can I determine what is a better gpu if there are 4gb cards that are worth more than 8gb cards?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    I currently have a radeon rx 580 series with 4gb and core of 300mhz the card I am thinking of buying is

    AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

    AMD's best budget card

    GPU Cores: 2,304 | Base Clock: 1,257MHz | Boost Clock: 1,340MHz | GFLOPS: 6,175 | Memory: 8GB GDDR5 | Memory Clock: 8 GT/s | Memory Bandwidth: 256GB/s

    But I am confused because there are some 4gb cards that are more expensive than the 8gb ones is my current card better than the above card how would you determine that?

    submitted by /u/30italiano30
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I call apple?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    This is my second day in a row trying to call apple past 8 pm and it says they're open from 7 am to 11 pm and just last week I would call them multiple times on multiple occasions past 8 pm central time and they would pick up and have real people talk to me but last night and tonight when I tried calling apple the robot guy voice ultimately said both time that "Offices are closed and are open from 8 am to 8 pm try calling again tomorrow" something like that when they're open from 7 until 11 so I don't understand why now recently I can't call them at like 9,10,11 pm. Why can't I?

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    How does cloud gaming work?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    I mean I know that it streams you the game from the remote pc but in general, how do you connect it with your steam account and do you play with actual pc players in such games as cs go, rainbow six siege and other multiplayer titles or you queue with other players from cloud?

    submitted by /u/Gamer02591
    [link] [comments]

    I NEED HELP ON SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT A PC CUSTOM BUILD

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Hello good evening, my Name is Ryan i have a few questions about a pc build that I have in mind, to be specific about the motherboard I've chosen and the Ram sticks, The motherboard is an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WIFI) and the Ram Stick are G.SKILL TRIDENTZ 32GB 4000MHZ, I am wondering if they are compatible so I van enjoy their full potential, if no compatible what other rams sticks do you recommend, ones that are specifically 32GB DDR4 4000mhz. Thank you very much have a nice evening

    submitted by /u/RyanTorres15
    [link] [comments]

    Any firefox addon that scans malcious websites, like VirusTotal does?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Can I wire a speaker driver directly to an amplifier?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Putting old drives in new pc

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Hi all thinking of building a new gaming PC, my old one was running Windows 10, if I jus take out the drives 1xssd 1xm.2 1xhdd will it transfer everything and run fine?

    submitted by /u/tbone1303
    [link] [comments]

    Will booting up from a usb leave any trace on the computer?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Cell Phone IP Address - Verizon

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    I need to get clarification on what to ask for in a subpoena. The answers I need are below, but I am not sure how to ask the questions. Is there more to it than this? We already have the IP addresses and the phone numbers linked to the IP addresses for a month.

    • Does the IP address linked back to a phone number link directly to a person?
    • Can the IP address be spoofed and could it be linked to any phone number?
    • What does subscriber mean and could it mean anyone under the account owner?
    • What to request to get that this specific IP address was used by this specific phone? Is there another set of numbers to request.
    submitted by /u/MinuteChair1
    [link] [comments]

    Burner phones

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    I want a cheap burner phone to use. I just want text and calling, no internet. I won't be using it much. It seems impossible to find one without a monthly plan that I can buy minutes for and not have to buy them every month. Just when I run out. I saw a cheap flip phone from a reputable store, but I would have to buy minutes every month or 3 months. Does what I want exist? Cheap phone, rare use, no internet, only buy minutes when needed, not connected to my identity. No, it's not for criminal activity. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/starla1835
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't task manager run from the control alt delete screen?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I'm not a tech person so I apologize if I am not using the correct terminology for things.

    Like many, I've had the issue where a program or game will misbehave and absolutely refuse to die. Usually I can alt+tab but not actually land on any of the other windows, and of course I can't do a damn thing to close the out of control program. So if I can control alt delete then I go to a screen where the options are lock, sign out, switch user, and task manager. But when I click on task manager it takes me back to regular Windows where the program is still a problem and then I can't open task manager. Why doesn't task manager run in the control alt delete screen?

    submitted by /u/Cultural_Reception
    [link] [comments]

    PDF privacy - are there any artifacts or metadata left regarding my machine or location when sharing a PDF?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    Hello -

    I have a question regarding creating or printing PDF files from a browser page or from a Google doc/ Microsoft Word doc.

    This might be a laughable question but: are there any artifacts or metadata left regarding my machine or location when sharing a PDF? Is it possible for anyone to identify the creator of the PDF?

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/perfekt_disguize
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 Facial Recognition and Fingerprint at the same time

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    So my Laptop has that Windows Hello Facial Regognition as well as a fingerprint sensor.

    Is it somehow possible to use them at the same time? So everytime I try to log in it tries to scan my face, but as soon as I use the fingerprint sensor it also uses that to unlock the device.

    Or if that not works, would it be possible to use as the secondary method to unlock it? So when the face recognition fails it wants me to enter the pin. Could that pin be replaced by the fingerprint sensor?

    submitted by /u/BadBoomBastiDirt
    [link] [comments]

    Tv help

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    There's an ant trapped in between my led and tv screen I guess and I can't get it out, and it's been bothering me for about 3 months and I need help

    submitted by /u/Jgordon11
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to use USB C hub through USB A adapter?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    For whatever reason, Microsoft's surface book laptop 2 only comes with the following:

    1 x full-size USB 3.0, 3.5 mm headphone jack, Mini DisplayPort, and 1 x Surface Connect port

    In other words, no HDMI and no USB C. Given the lack of hubs for the laptop, is it possible to use a USB C hub (that comes with multiple USB A ports, HDMI, etc.) through a USB C female to USB A male adapter? Or will there be lost functionality (like sound)?

    submitted by /u/djbernie
    [link] [comments]

    Why will my Epson 4105 not let me print a grayscale document?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Yes, I bought a cheap printer.

    Trying to print a "black and white" PDF document.

    I have a full black ink cartridge.

    I am running through Epson iPrint.

    I'm trying to print a document that has ZERO color, and despite changing to grayscale printing, which I shouldn't have to because there is NO color, it still tells me I need to replace color ink cartridges.

    Anyone have any ideas before I go all "Office Space" on this piece of garbage?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Rascal-Fiats
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment