• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    Tech Support - HDD not showing up

    Tech Support - HDD not showing up


    HDD not showing up

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    i just installed a new SSD onto my computer in the M2 slot and now my HDD, which is installed in SATA 2, is anywhere to be seen. I went on to disk manager to assign it a new directory but it just isn't there. was wondering if someone could clue me into whats gone on.

    submitted by /u/PsycologicalTennis9
    [link] [comments]

    19F, Studying Computer Science this year, want to go into AI but don't have A level Math. What can I do?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    Long story short:

    I'm studying Computer Science in the UK at a non-russel group university. A level math isn't a requirement for said university, but I've heard it is if you'd like to go into AI in the future as a career (which I do).

    I don't know what to do now since I didn't do A level Math. I'm more than happy to self teach it in order to gain a greater understanding, it will help with my degree too which is a plus. I'm more concerned that future employers won't like that I didn't do it.

    Is there anything I can do to help me?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/twenty20reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Can I delete C: > Windows > System32 > cruptsp.dll?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    updating a backup hard drive

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    I have a hard drive on my desktop which consists of many files arranged into folders. I have an external backup hard drive i have used to back up all these files, but since I have added many more files to my hard drive on my desktop in many different locations. Is there any simple way to move all of these new files over to the backup drive without having to manually sort through each and every one and see what is and isn't already backed up?

    I though that if i dragged and drop all the drives content i want to backup onto my backup drive that it would give me the option to skip transferring files pre-existing on the disk (from my original backup) but when i try this all it says is that there is not enough space (because it is trying to copy all of the same files again, doubling the storage required)

    submitted by /u/ryobisan
    [link] [comments]

    Glitched screen

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Hey there!

    I have this problem with my laptops monitor that never happened to me that basically when i'm on the browser or Microsoft word or i guess any other app, i have this problem that the screen shows glitched parts and it is annoying as hell. But if i open a new tab and go back to the tab that i was using before, it disappears. i don't have this problem when i am on full screen watching a video or if i'm playing a game. I believe its software...

    submitted by /u/XxHamzaASxX
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop won’t load Roblox

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    My MacBook Pro won't load roblox but can load other websites just fine. It's not my connection or cookies.

    submitted by /u/HaroldSmellyBottom
    [link] [comments]

    Size of TV cameras is huge..

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    So how long before technology advace so much so their size is reduced to size of cameras we all own at home? Is it even possible? And why are TV cameras that huge in a first place?

    submitted by /u/KlausLoganWard
    [link] [comments]

    What is search.dnsadvantage.com?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    Multiple websites I've visited in the past now give me some sort of connection error message and claim that the security certificate iscoming from search.dnsadvantage.com. I've tried different browsers and computers and the same websites give me the same error, so I believe it's a network issue rather than a virus. I wasn't able to find a clear answer about the domain or the issue so I'm wondering if anyone here can explain what's happening and if I can fix it. Keep in mind I'm not great with tech and especially network problems.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/idiotquestionta
    [link] [comments]

    Android Notifications are not staying on my phone.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    I've been using a Banking app in the UK called Starling and when payments have been taken out you get instant notifications. I haven't been getting them so I installed an app that saves all your notification. When I checked this morning I did have 2 notifications from the bank telling me how much had been taken out but the notifications were not on my phone. In my recent notifications it said that Starling was a recent notification but nowhere the be seen.

    submitted by /u/quat1e
    [link] [comments]

    Custom built digital photo frame

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Obviously I Can source an LCD module but I am unsure what to use to provide the basic functionality of a photo frame. I am debating just dissecting a photo frame but I am going to produce 50 or more of these products and so it would be time consuming to do that. Ideally I would source a screen of my choosing and then use whatever module to do the display. Can I use a pi? I'm more familiar with Arduino which can't handle this.

    The only real functionality I need is to accept some sort of storage device (usb drive, micro sd, etc) and pull the asset files in order (alpha or numeric or whatever) and play them sequentially. Maybe modes for random or delay between (dead air) would be ideal.

    Suggestions on best method of integration? Pi is the only option I can think of, but I was thinking there are likely modules out there that are made just to do this (advertising and whatnot).

    submitted by /u/whodkne
    [link] [comments]

    What is the power of my processor ? it has 2 numbers in it.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    In the properties it is written like this : Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4CPUs), ~ 2.4GHz.

    what does this mean ? does it mean its total power is 4.2 GHz ? or its maximum power is 2.4GHz ?

    submitted by /u/Bear1375
    [link] [comments]

    Recurring Visitor to Website

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I have a website. Every day, the site has been getting two or three visits from Chicago, and via the IP, I was able to track it down to Microsoft Azure. Could any of you help me figure out what's going on? I'd be very appreciative!

    submitted by /u/mccachja
    [link] [comments]

    Easy video call device for grandparents? (Show, Portal, GrandPad etc)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a video call device for calling grandparents in isolation due to COVID-19. We won't be able to plug it in ourselves or show them how to use it, so it has to be easy to use after the initial setup (which we will do before dropping it off). Has anyone used one of these devices with elderly relatives?

    From my research so far, I think these are the main pros and cons of each device:

    Amazon Echo Show

    Pros: - We can "drop in," so that we can start the call without them even answering - Maybe they will learn how to call or play music via voice command?

    Cons: - Extra features could be confusing - Many things can be configured only in person - I've read that Alexa suggestions can't be turned off

    GrandPad

    Pros: - Designed exactly for elderly people that aren't good with technology - Customer support for elderly people that aren't good with technology - No passwords - Can be configured remotely - Slideshow function is slow - Doesn't require WiFi, so we don't risk an issue joining the WiFi and if the WiFi goes out it will still work - Maybe they will learn to check email??

    Cons: - Extra features could be confusing - Companion app for the callers doesn't look as good, but it still works - Calls have to be answered - Monthly service fee

    Facebook Portal

    Pros: - Camera is good at finding you without careful adjustment - Not so many features

    Cons: - Requires setting grandparents up with Facebook or WhatsApp, and requires all relatives that call to get one of these as well - Calls have to be answered

    Does anyone have experience with these devices? Anything I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/onlydaysago
    [link] [comments]

    Money aside, what is the best overall modem/router available? (Range is important, setting up parents, they said spare no expense, I said hells yes)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Mic auto mute program

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how I can set something up so that when I speak really loud my computer will just not send that audio to other programs?

    Maybe a combination of voicemeeter and something else?

    submitted by /u/EndTEmpire
    [link] [comments]

    How can I record phone calls on iphone?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    I'm PhD student currently doing my thesis. Due to current events of the Covid-19 outbreak I have to conduct all interviews via phone calls so I'm looking for an app that can record phone calls directly without having to put my iPhone on speaker and record from another device. All the apps I found on the App Store are either rip-offs or have extremely low ratings/reviews. The only promising app is not available in my country's App Store which is TapeACall.

    submitted by /u/911whoami
    [link] [comments]

    Help finding a cloud-based management tool for company laptops

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    My small company has recently started looking into the possibility of implementing some sort of cloud based management tool that allows the IT team to roll out updates to all company laptops simulatenously, manage permissions, signatures etc. We don't have active directory.

    Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/jeanal
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with webcam and Google Meetups on Windows 8.1 Lenovo y-50-70 laptop

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Currently I'm working from home and Google Meetups will not pick up my webcam or microphone when on a video call. I click allow and the webcam turns on, but all I see is a black screen. My webcam only works properly when I open the Camera app on my laptop. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/scaruso18
    [link] [comments]

    About a decade ago, there was a project to compile an infinitely zoomable mosaic where you could travel through space (and/or time) of social media photos. What happened to it?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Their example project was of a cathedral of some sort.

    submitted by /u/JohnWaterson
    [link] [comments]

    PDF editing, small company

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    My grandparents run a small company and my grandma uses a typewriter to type out their work orders. She asked if I could set up a template on her computer and adobe wants $15 a month for editing ability. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a better program (permeability free/cheap) and some easy tips on how to set this up. I'm semi tech savvy but I want to make this as easy for them as possible! Thanks for your time!

    submitted by /u/_Spaceark
    [link] [comments]

    Im looking for a console command in a video game, anyone tech savvy here who can help me?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Im currently eager to play an old FPS, F.E.A.R. and just watch security guard and clone AI have some fight by spawning them. Problem is Only a handful of cheats on the net, and none spawn any ingame props. There has to be some console command somewhere that spawns that spawns stuff right?

    submitted by /u/gulaschgel
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing a 2x2 KVM

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

    I am looking for a KVM which will support a dual monitor setup, using the following components:

    • PC 1: Thinkpad connected by USB-C to a USB-C dock (this one: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05861464 ). One HDMI 2.0 port and two DisplayPort ports coming out of the dock.
    • PC 2: Desktop PC with an Asus GeForce GT 630 2 GB video card. One HDMI, one VGA, and one DVI.
    • Monitor 1: Acer ET322QU. One HDMI port, one DisplayPort, and one VGA input.
    • Monitor 2: Oldschool Starlogic. One DVI and one VGA input.

    Looking for an affordable 2x2 KVM that would work with my current setup and be able to grow if/when I upgrade Monitor 2 and/or the graphics card in PC 2. TESmart appears to have one which might work, provided it is possible to convert the DisplayPort signal from the KVM to either DVI or VGA in order to connect with Monitor 2. However, I can't seem to find this product in stock anywhere. https://buytesmart.com/products/dual-monitor-2-port-kvm-hdmi-displayport-4k-60hz-uhd-audio-output-usb-sharing-4x2.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/harrisonbrown
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting a PC to a TV?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    I'm trying to connect my computer to my tv, I previously did this with a HDMI cable until my tv HDMI cable ports burnt out. TV has 3 component plugs and my computer modem has HDMI ports and my computer screen has a VGA port. Is there a way I can reconnect them with audio and video? Any advice appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DP1191bgdldn
    [link] [comments]

    Having loads of ram on android is mostly useless.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    For reference I have a p30 lite with 4gb of ram. Most phones now use software to improve battery life by limiting apps and background processes. Then this means that every time Im on reddit and go to my home screen, Google something, come back to reddit and it's refreshed every thing. Another example is when I pause my music player, lock my phone and then come back my music has closed.

    So my question is what is the point of having much ram if it's not beneficial for everyday use?

    Am I doing something wrong? (my phone is not on power save mode)

    submitted by /u/wouldiwas-shookspear
    [link] [comments]

    Help with converting a coax outlet to LAN

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    The wifi in my parent's house has trouble reaching the 2nd floor but there is a coaxial outlet in their room. The router downstairs is also hooked up to a coax/cable outlet via some sort of converter so I was wondering if it was possible to set up a LAN connection on the 2nd floor in the same way. Any advice on how to go about setting something like this up?
    Also they have Xfinity if that helps.

    submitted by /u/AgentPIE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment