• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 1, 2020

    Tech Support - Are there any filters/effects I can use on my webcam during Blackboard Collaborative Ultra video conferences?

    Tech Support - Are there any filters/effects I can use on my webcam during Blackboard Collaborative Ultra video conferences?


    Are there any filters/effects I can use on my webcam during Blackboard Collaborative Ultra video conferences?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 01:12 AM PDT

    I need wireless headphones for a tv

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    Hello, my father is kind of not hearing too well and I want to get a wireless headset that uses bluetooth but my TV doesnt havve bluetooth so the headphones should come with a bluetooth adapter. The TV is Samsung UE32C5000.

    Also is it possible that the sound is simultaneously on the headset and on the speakers so the rest of us can hear the tv as well.

    submitted by /u/CuleAss
    [link] [comments]

    Need a screen recording app for desktop

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    I need an app to record my screen for school but i want an app that i can select how much of my screen is shown. For example i only need to record the right half of my screen, not the whole screen or i only need the top right corner of my screen. Since this is for school i would prefer a free app but if its cheap then i would consider buying the program if its good. The main thing is that i need to record the demonstration on my desktop.

    submitted by /u/anon556812
    [link] [comments]

    Downloading a Movie from Google Play

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    I purchased and downloaded a movie on Google Play. This was all on a Samsung Galaxy J3 phone. I hope to transfer the movie to my MacBook laptop. When I plugged the Phone into the MacBook via a USB cord and dug into the files however, I could not find the movie anywhere. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Aurelian_Ardashir
    [link] [comments]

    Tipping Essential Workers

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking for the easiest way to set up a virtual tipping account for my local supermarket, I'm hoping for an app that can be set up by the staff, the username can be advertised on the exit and we can tip them as we leave. Any ideas?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/9daydream
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of different types of biometric devices?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I've heard of different biometric devices for finger, retina, iris and face recognition, but I was wondering what the different advantages and disadvantages are for each in regards to factors like ease of use, cost, security, accuracy, accountability, convenience, scalability, return on investment, flexibility, how much people trust them, how much time and effort they take to use e.t.c.

    We were originally considering using finger scans because of how common they were, but in the first few tests, we realized a lot of people who were scanning did manual labor which wore down their fingerprints making it very difficult to capture biometric data.

    submitted by /u/jiggaboooojones
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 Acer: ccd.exe using up high cpu

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Recently I started seeing my computer becoming increasingly slow and laggy and realised that ccd.exe is consistently taking up around 40-50% of my CPU. Some quick googling and the real ccd.exe is on my computer and CCDMoniterService.exe is definitely legit. The ccd.exe on Process Explorer does not show its path, so I'm not too sure where it comes from. Nonetheless it's not supposed to take up that much CPU. Does anyone have a fix/removing it if it's a virus in disguise? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Palpatinezw
    [link] [comments]

    Segurazo Virus

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    So I found the Segurazo "antivirus" on my computer today and immediately knew it's a virus. I have tried uninstalling it but it doesn't work... Please help me with how I can get rid of this virus and if it's highly dangerous for my laptop.

    submitted by /u/Zxrra
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP - Windows 10] Is it possible to change DNS without admin privileges?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    My dad is working from home for a few weeks (because of virus prevention ni my country), and sometimes his notebook (given to him by his company) has some problems with our WiFi; I think that changing the DNS should help, but there's a problem: when I try to go to the network settings the OS stops me because appparently my dad's user profile doesn't have admin privileges.

    I could try to give admin, but I don't want to create problems with his job (I don't want to mess with things related to it), so it would be great if there was a way to change DNS settings without having admin on the current W10 profile.

    submitted by /u/StormPooper42
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be concerned about my privacy?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    The high school that I go to just put out an email stating that since we are starting school online, "the school must now support home based learning and (the school district) has added plugins to supported browsers when logged into student accounts. The plugins will provide filtering both on campus and off campus. If you are logged into a browser that supports plugins using your student account on any computer (including your home computer) all (school district) required plugins will be installed. These plugins are installed in-line with district policies assigned to your student account. When these plugins are installed, district filtering policies will be applied regardless of the network the computer is connected to." Basically, these plugins allowed the school to remotely access your browser, check internet history, and filter and censor all internet traffic. In my IT class at the school they went into more detail on what the filter does, and it's all very "big brother"-esque to me. I have to do my homework to graduate, though, so what am I supposed to do?

    submitted by /u/thirdplanet42
    [link] [comments]

    Buying A Monitor

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Does a MSI G Force RTX 2070 Amor GPU support both G-sync and Free-sync for a Display Port monitor?

    submitted by /u/MonitorUnicome
    [link] [comments]

    Do you or the company own a gmail account?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    If a small company hires you and they do not have a domain for emails (ex. @ mycompy.com) but instead ask you to create a gmail account such as first.last.companyname@gmail.com, do they own this account or do you?

    submitted by /u/Saltillokid11
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi Extender (sort of)

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    I have a poor wifi connection in my room and I don't want one of those range extenders which simply amplifies the signal. Is there any device I can connect to the ethernet port in my room which in turn creates its own wifi signal?

    submitted by /u/MThax19
    [link] [comments]

    How do you record a portion of an iPad screen?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Deleted game, but it is still taking up space?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    I deleted a 150 GB game, but when I got to WizTree it shows it is still there and taking up massive space. Is there a way to completely rid this from my machine, and then reinstall it because now I can't even access it. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/dvseq4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment