• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 25, 2020

    Tech Support - Got solution for this issue? Anyone?

    Tech Support - Got solution for this issue? Anyone?


    Got solution for this issue? Anyone?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    Socket in laptop for earphone jack doesn't work

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Earlier this morning, the headphone jack socket works just fine. However, when I tried to use it an hour ago, the headphone jack socket won't detect anything. The ear buds I use work just fine with my phone. So what is going on? I am using a Dell Inspiron 13 2-in-1 device with Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/makingstuffupp
    [link] [comments]

    I changed the registerly on my dell using the command prompt. Now it won't boot. How can I fix this without wiping it?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Can i run a copy of a game, and also stream a copy to a laptop so we can lan together?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    My wife's laptop lacks the vram to play. My pc has double the vram needed.

    I've streamed games before. But can I run a copy myself? Would I need to reinstall it on a different drive?

    The game is open source, so there's no licensing issues here. I'd probably stream it through steam since I'm familiar with that process.

    submitted by /u/Elfere
    [link] [comments]

    Latency Issues in Home Network with odd temporary fix. Please help?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Hi folks,

    To preface:

    • I have Cox Cable gigabit connection.

    • I have a pretty straightforward setup. Modem connected via singular coax cable. Router connected to modem. Devices connected to router.

    • My devices in question are hard-wired to the router. I have determined it is NOT a router issues -- I tried swapping out routers, no difference. I have also connected directly to the modem on multiple occasions to test if the issue persists, and it does.

    • I do NOT have an alternate ISP in my area (cable or dsl), aside from satellite services. So I am stuck with Cox.

    So I have been dealing with consistent latency issues for the past 6 months or so. Generally speaking, the connection will be fine during the day and then begin to spike in the afternoon and evenings. In this era of COVID-19 quarantine, it seems to just be bad all day most likely due to an increase in activity in the local node(s) or whatnot. Here's a screenshot of a ping test I just ran (approximately 5:30 pm local time) https://i.imgur.com/KHqLnzl.png

    These spikes have made online gaming nearly unplayable at times, especially if it's a game that depends heavily on latency such as Street Fighter or Smash Bros.

    I've had 2 techs come out over the months, one of them swapped out a bunch of lines, this maybe slightly helped but not a whole lot. I have even replaced my modem with a modern 3.0 modem. Didn't help a whole lot. I've tried to troubleshoot further with Cox reps on phone for ages but nothing gets resolved. Just the same old same old.

    Here's the catch. As I mentioned, I have a gigabit connection. I have no bandwidth issues. I get between 600 mbps - 1000 mbps download speeds. I accidentally discovered a really odd temporary fix. If I am downloading or torrenting a file, my latency actually DROPS to a more consistent level. This defies logic, but I am no expert. Only thing I can think of is that as I am demanding more bandwidth, Cox's infrastructure automatically assigns more priority to my lines, or something like that.

    Is there an explanation for this phenomenon? And with this knowledge, is there a workaround or fix that I could attempt to implement that doesn't involve mass-downloading files just so I can play a game online?

    Please, any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Feezyfeez
    [link] [comments]

    Need to find the name of my wifi USB adapter

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    I have a wifi USB adapter that I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet. I need to know what specific one because I need the specific drivers for it. I've tried YouTube videos, but I've had no luck. If anyone recognizes it or might know the brand manufacturer please let me know.

    https://imgur.com/a/Sn3PiuP

    submitted by /u/wilson6783
    [link] [comments]

    Verifying an attachment

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Is there a way to prove that a hard copy document is the same as it appeared in an emailed attachment?

    submitted by /u/throwitawaybuthelp
    [link] [comments]

    Entire website / app query

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Apologies for the long post but I have quite a few questions and I just can't seem to get it to click without help. Also, if this isn't the correct subreddit, please just let me know.

    I'm currently creating a plan on how I am going to approach the creation of a website but I just want to better understand the whole concept and relationship between the parts of it.

    1. Does a website require both a frontend and a backend? I understand that the frontend is what the consumer sees. Am I correct in thinking the backend is what happens behind the scenes? So a nice looking button is the frontend and when the button is clicked and an operation happens, this is the backend?
    2. Does a website that has many products require a database of sorts, or can they just be added to the website itself? It would be far easier if there was an excel-like database option to upload all of the products, pictures, etc to and then this to be displayed on the website in multiples of 10 per page and under different sub-headings.
    3. Assuming I was to use something easy-ish such as Bubble with a template, what else would it take to link the website to an iOS / Android application (and if needed, a database?)
    4. Is there software which would act as a go between in relation to the products? E.G. If a customer orders a product and I click on the app that there is no stock, it automatically updates the software and therefore website saying that the item is out of stock. Am I correct in thinking that it would be a backend API that connects everything?

    If someone has a link to a knowledge base, article, etc that goes over everything like the above then that would be fantastic.

    submitted by /u/Ashen-shug4r
    [link] [comments]

    A random question about a strange thing I noticed.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    I noticed that if I look at my computer monitor from a lower angle (this only happens with a lower angle, not above or from the sides) than usual, all the completely vertical lines in white text appear green. For example: "I" will appear green while "S" will not, because "S" does not have a vertical line. The strange thing is that part of a letter will appear green while the other part will not. Like the part of an "L" that is a straight line will be green while the lower line won't be. Also I noticed that this only occurs on text that has a shadow behind it. I know I'm looking too far into this but I'm just a curious person. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

    submitted by /u/charles0217
    [link] [comments]

    What are the pros and cons of a gaming pc, against a gaming laptop?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Best software for making a drop-dead gorgeous PDF report (like this one)?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    Researching stuff from work brought me to this page: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dive_assets/rlpsys/validic_survey_report_digital_health.pdf

    As someone who just got assigned a bunch of PDF report generation, the beauty of the above PDF completely swept me off my feet.

    I'm wondering what the best method of generating a PDF like this one is. Surely it can't simply be Microsoft Word right?

    submitted by /u/Lostwhispers05
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a better PDF reader/manager with voice functionality than Freda: willing to pay up to $150

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    Freda is the best I can find at the moment. Any other suggestions for an exext reader with advanced voice functionality (Windows/Linux)?

    submitted by /u/WritingGold
    [link] [comments]

    Can't install on Windows 10

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    I was having trouble with installing software on Windows 10. I was trying to install DaVinci Resolve 16 for editing but when I try to run the exe file Windows gives me a prompt saying not to run that file type from unknown sources. However, I trust the site and don't know how to get it to let me install the file. Any help would be appreciated.

    tl;dr: I can't install exe files on Windows 10 because it thinks that the files are dangerous when they aren't

    submitted by /u/Return2Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make a usb hub with an old computer logic board? Is so, would anyone like to help even further, as to locate which parts I could use from a 2006 iMac logic board

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    What is the iPhone doing before updating when it says “Verifying update”?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    Is it just confirming that it's a genuine software update? Or not?

    submitted by /u/appletrav
    [link] [comments]

    so Im installing windows 10 on my old laptop and Im confused about partitions.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    If i have 2 hard drives should i make 2 partitions?? Which makes 3 all in all in the screen. 1- 500mb the backup 2- first hard drive 3. Second hard drive

    Both drives are 250 gbs And i was wondering what do i put in the partitions??

    im doing a clean install so both are gonna be formatted and deleted.

    submitted by /u/Sephoyy
    [link] [comments]

    Would downloading a game (LoL) on my new computer "ruin it"?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    I recently bought the 2019 MacBook Air and wanted to download League of Legends because it's what I used to play on my old laptop (after many years of use it got slow and started slacking). I told my sister I was going to download League of Legends and she got mad at me and told me not to do it because, according to her, it would ruin the computer. The reason I am listening to her is because she helped me buy the computer (we're in Korea and I can't speak Korean so she helped me through all the logistics of it) and well yeah, maybe she has a point? That's why I'm asking. I know MacBooks aren't designed for gaming, but would downloading League of Legends do any harm? I appreciate all of your replies!

    submitted by /u/brohowareyou
    [link] [comments]

    Image Processing Above Water

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I have a project to do, there is a habitat of prawns, and I should count how many prawns there is in every container. I'm talking about very little prawns, about 4-12 millimeters length. The container is about 40 cm deep.
    I thought about putting a GoPro camera above the water. The camera would picture only part of the container, and after I count the number of prawns in this area, I will calculate how many prawns there is in this container (by the volume of the water in this area).

    I want to ask:

    1. Which camera do you recommend me to use?
      It should be waterproof, the camera will be connected to power all the time.
      Also, I need to process the image and counts prawns, so the depth of field should be as big as it can (the water deep is 40 cm).

    2. What is the easiest way to process that image? I prefer to use Python

    3. How can I avoid the hiding of some of the prawns by other prawns (when a prawn is on the top of other prawns)?

    Thanks very much!

    submitted by /u/Inbar_Kedem
    [link] [comments]

    Can a Twitter use see who looks at their profile?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    I feel like this is an obvious "no" and it's just a coincidence, but I've been chatting with someone on a dating app and I make it a habit to Google people - make sure they don't have an arrest history of arson, stuff like that - and I found her Twitter, which was public, and she hadn't tweeted anything in six months. I scrolled through like the creep I am. I'm not on Twitter myself, so there's no chance I accidentally fav'd anything. I revisited it again today, and suddenly the account is private. I know it's 99% most likely just a coincidence, but...just weird that she hasn't used it in six months and it suddenly went private overnight. I have nothing to worry about, right?

    submitted by /u/bettermeproject19
    [link] [comments]

    Does using cellular data conflict with my company’s bandwidth?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    My workplace is cracking down on the use of non-work related content such as streaming music and podcasts while people work. If I am on my personal cellular data plan and not connected to my company's wifi, will my activity still appear on their bandwidth traffic? Want to make sure I'm not in trouble if they see me wearing headphones. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/leadwolf17
    [link] [comments]

    Having issues with my webcam

    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    I have a Lenovo Y50 laptop with a built in webcam running windows 8. When I try to use the webcam for google meetups, I click "allow", the webcam turns on, but only shows dark. When I open the camera app on the laptop, the camera turns on and I can see myself with no issues. I'm not sure if this is a chrome setting I need to change or an issue with my webcam. Thanks!

    EDIT: I've been using this site: https://webcamtests.com/check to check my webcam status. When I click "allow" the site still says "waiting for your permission." Is there another setting I have to switch to give chrome permission to use my webcam?

    submitted by /u/scaruso18
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment