• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 26, 2020

    Tech Support - Cast my mouse on their screen?

    Tech Support - Cast my mouse on their screen?


    Cast my mouse on their screen?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    I teach creative software lessons online. It would be useful if I could cast my mouse (or some little avatar or something) onto their screen to assist them in finding tools or using it as a laser pointer to articulate what I'm talking about on their end. It doesn't have to work/click. Ideas?

    submitted by /u/renderview
    [link] [comments]

    How am I getting SMS messages on phone without sim card?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    I took the sim out of my Galaxy S7 and put it into an equally old iPhone 7 to use iMessage with coworkers. Naturally, all SMS/MMS and calls to the number associated with the sim went to the iPhone. Except today I started getting texts from my dad on the Samsung without a Sim card, and those messages aren't delivered to the iPhone with a Sim card. I can also text him back from the Samsung. Number is not associated with Google voice, just using the Google messages app on my Samsung. It is connected to WiFi.

    submitted by /u/Commentnotcomment
    [link] [comments]

    Ps4 problem !!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    Would anyone know why my Ps4 does a sort of "crash" following my controller disconnecting from the console?? I'll be doing any activity on it & suddenly the controller will disconnect & if i am playing an online game, it would act as if the wifi cut out even though the wifi was still operational. The only method on simply getting it to work again would be to manually turn it off from the console button. Attempting to turn the controller on while this situation occurs would only result in it flashing for a while until the ps4 is turned off then on. Would ANYbody have an idea ??

    submitted by /u/Ka-rter
    [link] [comments]

    Rat

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Does anyone know a software that can remove rats or do I have to do it manually? That's what I usually do but in not that great and I only do simple stuff like going in to command prompt and typing netstat -ano to find shit.

    submitted by /u/Leo-Wahll-me-H
    [link] [comments]

    Who is able to view my text messages and phone searches?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I am in college and still on my parents' cell phone plan. Would they ever be able to access significant data on my history, location, or messages because they are the providers for the plan here? I know essentially all of that information could be accessed by someone, especially if legal action was taken, but what can they reasonably see or know?

    submitted by /u/strawberryearthquake
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a FibreOptic Connection.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Redirect Domain IP

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    I need to redirect a domain to another IP and I'm not too sure how to do so.

    I'm using linux and just in case I might not be explaining this well:

    domain > hits old server > redirect to new server > routes with domain

    I need this to happen while dns is running this is just to ensure no downtime. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/j_7_A_7
    [link] [comments]

    I need help my Pc wont boot

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    I have a problem with my laptop it won't open windows it keeps getting stuck on the circle loading screen At first the problem was a black screen and these past 3 days I have tried a loooooot of different fixes that I saw online but none of them worked, I tried resetting the pc but it failed mid way I didnt do a back up for some reason I dont know whats wrong right now i tried legacy support i tried reinstalling windows I tried startup repaid but it fails I tried a lot of things it's been 3 days I'm very desperate please help me

    submitted by /u/LaithOace
    [link] [comments]

    Are files still encrypted if ransomware gets to them?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    If a one server was initially encrypted with ransomware and it spreads to another server which is encrypted will those files still be encrypted by the software individually or would it do the whole server at once? If the ransomware was somehow able to get to said files would those files still be encrypted when it gets there? The files in question are protected by API encryption, but only on a server/permission basis with one password to access the server.

    submitted by /u/wowowwewa316
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any USB hubs with a mix of USB 3 and USB-c ports?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    My laptop only has usb-c ports, my accessories are a mix of USB-A (which I currently use via an adaptor), and USB-c.

    I ideally would like a USB hub that connects via a USB-c cable to my laptop (i.e. not one of the double connector ones), and has at least 2 USB 3 (type A), 2 USB-c ports and one thunderbolt3 port. Four of each would be better. Bonus would be to have an SD card reader, but that's not really needed.

    I'm not sure how I feel about an additional port for power delivery through to the laptop, mostly because I'm worried about fires, but I think it would need an external power supply.

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    How do I find where my x bf is impersonating me and posting my photos?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Why do I have a lower ping on a dns for a different continent

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    So I have issues with connection I have since I moved this town and I always thought it was because the town has slow internet which is partially true but today I tried fixing my connection of it with a couple different methods by changing the DNS for some reason any DNS that's for the northern East US slows my connection where a DNS for Europe sped up my connection a lot so now I'm wondering why this is any theories?

    • im on Xbox one
    • i have a actiontec gt784wnv router
    • my isp is Verizon
    submitted by /u/spagetle
    [link] [comments]

    Question on pcie nvme adapters

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    So i have an asrock taichi x470 motherboard and im wanting to add a second nvme drive but the secondary slot says it supports gen 2 x4 while a The majority of nvme drives are Pcie3 x4, can i use one of these pcie to nvme adapters rated at pcie3 x4 to actually get the full speeds out of the nvme drive? Or should i even care? If it matters im wanting a 2tb drive for game library, looking at possibly intel 665p or maybe sabrent rocket 2tb tlc nvme. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Archimedes801
    [link] [comments]

    How can I hide or change app icons on an iPad?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    can't use you tube music when im logged in...

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    I'm having a lot of trouble finding any information through google due to the app being so shit everything is for phones & not even close to my issue.... anyways it works fine when i log out or use a different account but when logged in it just buffers then doesn't play and tells me to "try again later". turning on vpn does nothing either.

    just hoping someone on here knows something i can try as iv never gotten any real help from google support in the past...

    submitted by /u/Michael_chipz
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to connect my analog Sony Camcorder to my computer and use it to stream to Twitch?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Photos here

    Are there any cables that can go from the video out to USB/hdmi or something similar? I'd like to use it to live stream on twitch, but don't know if it's possible.

    submitted by /u/whatrudoinginmyswamp
    [link] [comments]

    how do I completely block my location from facebook?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    I have my location services turned off for my phone as a whole, and I have location permission turned off for facebook. Now I know it doesn't stop the almighty technology gods from accessing my location, but in my settings Facebook is telling me where I am right now. what's the point in turning off location services if the mfers can still get it, and is there anyway I can turn it off completely from Facebook. sorry if I sound like a tinfoil hat person.

    submitted by /u/v162
    [link] [comments]

    Wanting to buy a portable monitor but not sure about compatibility.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. Im brand new to reddit but i think this is the right place to ask this. Im looking at getting an Asus Zenscreen Touch. It has a usb c and a micro hdmi input port. Im wondering I'll be able to hook my xbox up to it through the micro hdmi or maybe use an adapter from usb c to hdmi.

    I know there are other portable monitors that would work better for this particular situation but this one looks like it will work best for other things i need it for. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/devon_Henson
    [link] [comments]

    How do I access my QoS settings on my GT784WNV Verizon router

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    I've been trying to figure it out for almost 4 hours and I don't know where I'm even supposed to find is it even possible everywhere I looked and tried haven't work I just want to be able to play a game when someone else is using the internet

    submitted by /u/spagetle
    [link] [comments]

    Tracing bank app sign in

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    I think my ex is signing into my online banking account. Obviously have changed my password but wondering if there is a way for the bank to tell me what devices and where my online account has been accessed.

    submitted by /u/ptycatching23
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a video spoofing software

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    My computer doesn't have a cam, so I'm looking for a program that would make it think I do, and than upload an image/video or whatever to display on that "camera" input.

    submitted by /u/SpaceDogger
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best app/solution to help Covid-19 patients make a videocall with their families through a tablet

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Good morning,

    I'm volunteering to prepare Android tablets to be given to patients affected by COVID-19.

    One of the most hearth-wrenching thing of this disease is the isolation patients live during their stay in the hospital, unable to see their families, and in some cases, the families never see their loved ones again after the hospitalization.

    I'm looking for a solution/app that could be used by patients (with the eventual help from health operators) to make a video call with the families of the patients.

    -------------------------Requirements-------------------------------------

    I think the solution shouldn't require an installation nor an account to register or login for the families to ease the use of the solution.

    I also plan to set a single app kiosk-mode. (any support on this is appreciated)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    What is your suggestion? (I need answers in 24h)

    submitted by /u/ZioTron
    [link] [comments]

    Theres some app or Program that can scan an image and pass it to text?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Linux/Python AWS Question

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Just passed my CPP and going for my SA- Associate then Dev-Associate before I go for a junior engineer job within my company

    Is it necessary to learn linux or can I get by with just being proficient in coding (python)?

    submitted by /u/duydoe
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Guys, I have a simple Google Forms survey about Samsung and its performance on the smartphone market. It's for school, so I would appreciate it if you guys can take the time to help me get atleast a passing grade. Feedback is also appreciated.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment