• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    Tech Support - What's the cheapest tablet or phone-like device out there that can play movies from an SD card?

    Tech Support - What's the cheapest tablet or phone-like device out there that can play movies from an SD card?


    What's the cheapest tablet or phone-like device out there that can play movies from an SD card?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:02 PM PST

    Just a silly thought I had but something like what a classic ipod was but for watching/storing movies, hell as long as its better than Gameboy Advance Video it'd be awesome.

    submitted by /u/Squidguy83
    [link] [comments]

    Alogic 15000mAh power bank

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 01:17 AM PST

    i have been charging this for about 8 hours and only the 3rd led light of the 5 has been lit. how long do powerbanks usually take to charge? also after i have left it off for 2 weeks when it was fully charged all the battery was drained is this normal

    submitted by /u/procrastinatinghby
    [link] [comments]

    My IPhone 6s has 16gb storage, 10GB of this is “Other”. I’ve looked online and cannot a way to remove this. Please help

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:15 PM PST

    Macbook pro 2012 is slowing down

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:37 PM PST

    My macbook pro from 2012 is slowing down. I took it to a computer store, and they said they could replace the SSD for $200 to make it faster. I'm not sure if I should just try to upgrade this old mac, or get a new 2019 one.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bridget1419
    [link] [comments]

    What can opening a email reveal?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Technology was used by an ex-coworker to gather information about me a year ago. I thought it ended but then I got a handful of messages from disposable emails. What information could be gathered by opening them? I'm worried I revealed my location by opening one.

    submitted by /u/wizardsluv_spiders
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a great gaming laptop or computer under $700 (preferably a laptop but if there’s a great deal I’ll look into it)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:16 PM PST

    Pretty much everything in the title. Yes I know I can post this in a laptop subreddit but no one responds to me. I'd prefer a laptop but if it's a really good deal I'll get the computer. I just don't want to have to buy a monitor with it.

    submitted by /u/jjcurtisxx9
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I hear any dialogue on my TV?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:24 PM PST

    I have Verizon Fios cable hooked up to a Phillips LCD tv which has an LG soundbar. Sometimes when I'm watching cable, the dialogue stops and I only hear the background music. I have to change the channel and then go back for the dialogue to start again. It's super annoying.

    What could be causing this? The tv and soundbar are less than 3. years old.

    submitted by /u/MRwrong_
    [link] [comments]

    What are the common list of video output port types for most Laptops and Tablets?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:35 AM PST

    Weird question, but I'm trying to get a list of most of the common video output port types in relation to laptops and tablets. I work IT for a company, and I'm trying to "fail-proof" up the conference room that we have. A last part I'm at is trying to make sure that ANYONE coming in to do a presentation in our conference room has the ability to:

    • HDMI

    • VGA

    • DisplayPort

    • Thunderbolt (which I'm being told covers both thunderbolt itself and mini-displayport)

    • Mini-hdmi?

    • Micro hdmi?

    We have people from outside the company come in often and do presentations, and we've been caught "with our pants down" before when someone expected to present off their tablet as example and we didn't have an adapter or cable ready. I personally am in the mindset that if you don't have a common video output you should always carry your own adapter... but that isn't a great excuse to explain to the owner of the company from an IT standpoint.

    I'm basically looking to have an adapter->hdmi covered for anything that someone would be likely to bring in, if that makes sense. Are there any obvious ones that I'm missing? Also, do you not think any of the ones there will really be necessary?

    submitted by /u/TCF_DoNotPassGo
    [link] [comments]

    Why do all the monitor hub accessories (aside from full on laptop docking stations) only use mini USBs to connect?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:41 PM PST

    I've spent so much time trying to find one now, I don't know if I'm failing at search or they just aren't available.... Looking for something that connects to a laptop with USB 3.0 and has HDMI and Displayport connection(s) (would be nice to have VGA, but not a necessity).

    I ordered this without realizing - it didn't occur to me that anyone would make one of these with a micro USB. I would just get a converter, but I'm not sure something like this would still work properly with a usb converter - if anyone knows, that would be super helpful!

    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B082KMKQQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    submitted by /u/Ackilles
    [link] [comments]

    Under $400 55in 4K TV

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

    I'm looking for a new TV to put in a gaming room I've been leaning towards TCL or LG on brand but its looking like TCL does not have alot of IO I'm looking for something that's has component in inputs (plan on using my ps2 and Wii on it) and a optical audio out

    submitted by /u/coolmannorm
    [link] [comments]

    It's 2020. Why does a god awful OS like Windows exist?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:56 PM PST

    After using a mac recently, I am confounded as to why anyone would ever want to use a Windows. Chromebook, Mac, Even firefox OS is smoother than windows. Why does it exist (especially in corporations where speed and reliability is crucial)?

    submitted by /u/srkdummy3
    [link] [comments]

    Should I keep any of the boxes for any of the parts in my newly self-built PC?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:45 PM PST

    I just built a new PC (almost $3000). Everything seems to run just fine and it's been about 2 months now.

    My dad always told me to keep receipts and boxes under the idea that you will need those in order to return items if something goes wrong with them down the line. I try not to do this as I've never ended up using receipts or boxes personally.

    But, PC parts are expensive. Should I keep the boxes/receipts? Only some of them? Or are they all basically worthless? BTW all parts were bought through Amazon.

    submitted by /u/Master_Vicen
    [link] [comments]

    How do I clean swipe a HDD with Windows so I can use it with my SSD as extra storage?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:39 AM PST

    Hi r/AskTechnology,This is my first reddit post ever, so please be kind as I'm not that fluent in english :)

    So my question is as follows: I have a SSD with my Windows on it. I also have my old HDD which also has Windows on it and all my previous files etc. etc. The thing is, I want the HDD clean swiped without windows or anything, so I can use it for extra storage instead of using my SSD which only holds 250GB's whereas the HDD has between 800-900 GB. I find myself constantly having to delete stuff on my SSD because it simply get's filled so fast.

    So how do I do it? Currently I have the HDD in my PC, but it isn't connected to any power source. Say I turned off my PC, connect the HDD and then boot my PC while my SSD is still in there. What will then happen? Will it boot Windows from the SSD or the HDD? How does it work? And if it does open Windows from the SSD, will I then be able to find the HDD under "This PC" and then just basically delete everything in the HDD manually?

    submitted by /u/aintonnothing
    [link] [comments]

    Which laptop do I get?!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    Which laptops better?!

    This one.. ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, 17.3" Full HD IPS Type, AMD Ryzen 5 3550H CPU, AMD Radeon RX560X, 8GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD, Gigabit Wi-Fi 5, Windows 10 Home - FX705DY-EH53 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YZ1CM55/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vODpEbEAPNBPE or a different model of the same one... 2019 ASUS TUF 17.3" FHD Gaming Laptop Computer, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H Quad-Core up to 4.0GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB PCIE SSD, GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, HDMI, Windows 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5FPM21/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bPDpEbF1M81BA .... The second one I'm iffy about because it's sold by a different company, but a good price.

    submitted by /u/jjcurtisxx9
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any Chinese cpu manufacturers bigger than Intel or AMD?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:10 AM PST

    Just curious what I could expect in getting consumer cpus from a place like Huaqiangbei?

    submitted by /u/BaronvonEssen
    [link] [comments]

    Someone I know has made a custom phone UI that I'd really like to have. Is that something they could send to me or what?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Continuous Slideshow

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:19 AM PST

    I am looking for help finding a device that can play a slideshow loop on a television that can do photos (jpg) and video (mp4) at the same time.

    submitted by /u/silvercsgolol
    [link] [comments]

    Are Office 365 admins able to see software usage stats?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:59 AM PST

    We recently upgraded our MS Office software to 365 and certain features (such as login requirement) makes me wonder if somehow my boss might be able to see how much time I actually spend working on my reports. What other kind of data do admins have access to?

    submitted by /u/hydrogenitalia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment