• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 28, 2020

    Tech Support - With 5g cellular performance looming (and beyond) is it possible we may see a resurgence in rooftop antenna installations that lead back to a modem/router setup?

    Tech Support - With 5g cellular performance looming (and beyond) is it possible we may see a resurgence in rooftop antenna installations that lead back to a modem/router setup?


    With 5g cellular performance looming (and beyond) is it possible we may see a resurgence in rooftop antenna installations that lead back to a modem/router setup?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 06:16 PM PST

    At the moment i have a traditional setup in the basement with a cable modem hooked up to my network etc. I was thinking about cellular service getting up their in performance and hopefully price, then wondered about the situation of swapping out my current modem with a cellular based thing and the probable need to install an antenna outside that feeds it.

    Does anyone have any idea what shape that would take? I ask cause i was thinking about installing a regular rooftop antenna (doubt i'd need it but i have other things to do while i'm up there). Figured if i'm up there and cellular data as a main connection is on the horizon maybe throw another antenna up there?

    Kinda assuming this is still a thing to wait on to see how it plays out but wondered what others were thinking about it.

    submitted by /u/alteredbrainchem
    [link] [comments]

    Can you play games on windows 10 home?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 01:04 AM PST

    Installing an SSD onto my laptop

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:17 AM PST

    I have a Acer Nitro 5 and purchased an SSD for it to get more speed onto it and I honestly don't know alot about computers. I have been looking online for help installing it and most lists have you clone your hard drive to the SSD but this is a new laptop and doesn't have anything of value on it. Can I install the SSD without cloning anything to it? Do I need to put anything on it? I have no idea how this works I'm gonna be honest. (Sorry for probably awful format I'm on mobile)

    submitted by /u/RaggReign
    [link] [comments]

    new cpu or gpu for 240fps in fortnite?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:31 PM PST

    I currently have an rx570 8 gigabytes and a ryzen 5 2600x.

    submitted by /u/-PretzelStix-
    [link] [comments]

    My new school just installed MDM onto my iPad

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 11:28 PM PST

    Can this track my Instagram and browsing history and stuff?

    submitted by /u/TheJellyTaco
    [link] [comments]

    Changing ram

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:39 PM PST

    Hey guys I have Travel mate p455-MG laptop with 4gig of ram i want to change it with 2* 2gigs of ram but laptop doesnt accept those rams it doesnt start, I cannot see them in bios. Those 2*2 rams are completely working in other laptop any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/5ir_
    [link] [comments]

    Extract info from cctv following hit+run

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:59 AM PST

    Suspected DUIer trashed our new car and we have a lot of footage of it from different perspectives and cams. Prob is, the perp fled so fast that we can't see the registration of their car. How do we slow down or clear up the footage to get this idiot his legal karma? Anyone have skills to advise or assist?

    submitted by /u/WhereIsJessicaJones
    [link] [comments]

    Would a network connected Vending Machine appear on Nmap?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 05:28 PM PST

    I accidentally tried jamming my HP charger into my dell laptop. Now the dell laptop doesn't charge reliably (with the correct charger) - what did I break? How can I fix it?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 08:14 PM PST

    Basically the title - now the charger only works if it's in certain positions while plugged in. This is very inconvenient and it's hard to find the right position. Any thoughts on what I might've broken? Would it be hard to fix?

    submitted by /u/blackKat007
    [link] [comments]

    How difficult is it to make a laptop with height adjustable screen?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:50 AM PST

    A laptop would be much more comfortable to use if the screen can be slid up a few cms so that it is near eye level.

    Is it difficult to make mechanically or there is no market for it? Or is the issue with cable length to connect the display cable?

    Yes, we can achieve the same result with an external monitor, but that doesn't help when working out of office. Sometimes I need to work from other offices or locations and it is so uncomfortable to work for any length of time.

    submitted by /u/curious_practice
    [link] [comments]

    Home WI-Fi and NY.gov system: Secure or Shoddy?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 03:56 PM PST

    Heyo, techies,

    I am becoming uncomfortably familiar with the NY government's online service platform. It offers many quirks which I cannot entirely describe as 'security features' nor as 'bugs,' for they fulfill both terms. The site will, at various points and at various departments,

    *enter wrong digits repeatedly

    *hide menu options till certain buttons are pressed

    *expect alternate browsers while my current one works perfect

    Additionally, I also notice service in my home that, again, I'm not sure is safe or shoddy. Briefly, I live in a group home for people isolated from society --not my ideal life, but it's where I am right now. Along with all other cell phone users, I often

    *cannot transmit my calls (but CAN receive)

    *log out of wi-fi randomly (but restores when I view the network)

    *slow connection (half the advertised speed for Optimum, our provider)

    My question, techies, is the quintessential question of tech: Are these de facto security measures Bugs or Features?

    submitted by /u/InternetPhilanthropy
    [link] [comments]

    Can Bluetooth be hacked?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 03:26 PM PST

    If so point me in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/frogmicky
    [link] [comments]

    Computer sound port makes buzzing noise

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:39 AM PST

    Hey, so i came home today, and now my speakers are making a loud buzzing noise and not giving out any sound on my desktop computer, when i plugged my speakers to a laptop it worked fine. Both sound ports makes this sound, the one i normally use does not give off any sound, and the other one does but still buzzing sound and no base.

    Are my soundports broken or what else could be the problem? My wireless headphones work.

    submitted by /u/Banepus
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth priority

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:28 AM PST

    So I've tried different number of Bluetooth speakers/headphones.

    One thing I've noticed (and is driving me nuts), is whenever a device connects to the computer it will automatically give the computer priority over my iPhone. Even when im actively using my phone. I can chose the device on my.phone again, but the computer will interrupt it again! This has happened with both windows and Mac.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Any fixes? Going to my.computer and disconnecting the device.each time has become really annoying.

    submitted by /u/empire_stateof_mind
    [link] [comments]

    Copier recommendations between Sharp, Kyocera, and Canon

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:21 AM PST

    Sorry for formatting issues, I'm on mobile. TL:DR, I would like any recommendations anyone has for copiers, with the choices being a Sharp MX-6580N, a Kyocera TASKalfa 7053ci, or Canon IRC7565i III.

    Little bit of background, I work at a technology center in the safety training department. We make training manuals for a company who does their New Hire Safety Orientation training through us. The manual for this class is around 425 pages long, and we print them about every 2 weeks.

    We currently have a Sharp copier, which is getting older and needs replaced. I need to know if anyone has any personally recommendations for the three models mentioned in my TL:DR, and why.

    We are currently leaning toward the Kyocera because the color copy price is .0045 cents, vs .03 cents and .05 cents respectively. If anyone knows of any longevity issues with this copier, please let me know!

    TIA

    submitted by /u/SassMasterJules
    [link] [comments]

    If cost is not an issue, technically, how might a smartwatch maker achieve both color vibrance of OLED and outdoor legibility of transflective LCD?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:29 AM PST

    Why do we say a PC freezes?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 10:59 AM PST

    It just occured to me that we say a computer froze even when the exact opposite happens, it overheats. Why has this become part of our language?

    submitted by /u/Don-nirolF
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a market for "stylish" handheld air quality monitors?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:07 AM PST

    So, concern about pollution is not a new thing. However, as hysteria about global warming (now climate change) increases and more folks are more concerned about the planet, a question arises?

    Is there a market for stylish handheld air quality monitors (as slim and sleek as the latest iPhones or Samsungs) which make use of AI as well as retaining all the other elements of usual handheld air quality monitors.

    Currently, anything even remotely close are ones with TFT LCD screens.

    Are you an individual who is concerned about the environment and would you actually want to purchase a sleek handheld air quality monitor which doesn't look like something from the 1970s?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/AnakinWayneII
    [link] [comments]

    Free VPNs for unblocking Netflix?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 09:05 AM PST

    I don't have money or much use for a paid one and all the free ones I've tried won't let me download off of Netflix. I'm not pirating or anything I just don't have wifi at home and it's blocked at school and I prefer to use my tablet for shows. I am aware of free ones stealing information but that's no concern for me, because, as I said, nothing illegal.

    Tldr Free VPNs where you can download from Netflix?

    Update: I'll either pirate or find better wifi.

    submitted by /u/Return2Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    What's the easiest way to make a screen sharing video of me doing something on Photoshop, Fusion 360, etc for people to see either me fixing a problem, or asking about a problem?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2020 07:16 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment