• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 29, 2020

    Tech Support - Is there a text-to-speech program that uses pre-existing voice clips?

    Tech Support - Is there a text-to-speech program that uses pre-existing voice clips?


    Is there a text-to-speech program that uses pre-existing voice clips?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:54 PM PST

    Similar to Bumblebee in Transformers using various songs on the radio to form sentences. Instead of a robot voice, is there a website or software that has a database of voice clips like this?

    submitted by /u/TheBigTibbowski
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I find an OLED TV smaller than 43"?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 11:34 PM PST

    I'm having trouble finding a OLED TV on the smaller side. Why do manufacturer's not make these?

    submitted by /u/GuybrushMightyPirate
    [link] [comments]

    Program for recuperating information from corrupted usb

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:09 PM PST

    Hi guys and girls. Yesterday, my mom plugged her usb on her laptop as usual but called me because there where strange symbols. There were lots of folders with strange names. I tryed lots of stuch like chkdsk and many programs like recoverit. This programs managed to recognize the documents (7.4gb) But I dont want to pay 60 dollars for the license. I tried a free option but didnt detect anyting. Please give me any advice, my mom needs the information on the usb.

    submitted by /u/patrickfeeneytamayo
    [link] [comments]

    Best SSD vs worst SSD, is the price difference worth it?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:21 AM PST

    So even in the realm of SATAIII 2.5" Samsung SSDs there is a huge price difference between the models, QVO, EVO EVO Pro etc.. the read/write differences listed seem to be minimal in comparison to each other, the life spans seem to be about the same and the error rates seem negligible, unless I am missing something.

    Here is the rub, I am in a startup and we need to upgrade our servers to SSD's but cash is a little tight... spending $200 for each 2TB QVO drive vs $550 for 2TB EVO PRO drives when I need 16 is a huge price jump... $3,200 vs $8,800... how can I justify the premium? or should I ?

    Use case - 4 2TB drives in RAID 5 - VMWare host with an Elasticsearch Data and Master node on each of 4 servers. Daily amount of data written across all disks is about 250 GB per day, then moved to SAN after about a month.

    Appreciate any help and recommendations!

    submitted by /u/DarthLurker
    [link] [comments]

    Hey tech gods, its ya boy again (IS SMS Solution)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:03 PM PST

    Is there an SMS app out there like avochato or textedly that schedules several messages over a number of days all at once? All the services I've seen yet still only let you schedule one message at a time- I'm looking for a service that lets me schedule a number of messages for the same recipient without having to manually set it over and over again. We're looking for something that we wont have to write a script for

    submitted by /u/askarei
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever manually upgraded their processor? Just curious.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 07:31 PM PST

    I know it sounds absurd, but absurd things have happened.

    Has anyone literally taken their CPU out, then, through what I imagine is a series of microscopic soldering, literally made the CPU better?

    Like, I don't know, added gates...? added more registrars..? something like that?

    submitted by /u/Kiflaam
    [link] [comments]

    How does Google generate the short descriptions below searches?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 06:34 PM PST

    I was recently trying to scour the web for stuff and ended up finding lots of links with the description of something I wanted, but always ending up with 404 errors when I clicked on them. How does Google create these descriptions?

    submitted by /u/Petremius
    [link] [comments]

    How can I check if my computer is being remotely accessed?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 04:45 PM PST

    Tldr: my mouse started moving and clicking by its self, I put the computer to sleep and I dont know how to check if some is remoting in.

    Is my identity and bank account in danger? was someone pranking me? Did some one accidentally connect their mouse to my computer?

    Background, Im at Ft Gordon where we have boingo, not sure how the ISP works, but I just pay and tell them what room I'm in and I get internet. Ive noticed though that it doesn't really matter what room you're in. I heard some one say they use a VPN always but forgot why, some security reason. I want fast gaming so personally dont use one.

    I was on the internet when I looked down to my phone, when I looked back up, it was on the print page set up screen. Shrugged it off and look back down, saw movement and looked back up and the mouse was in a different spot and looked like it right clicked. I went to my desktop and move the mouse and it moves, but not where I tell it too. I let go and the mouse keeps moving, clearly intelligently and clicks to make those blue selection boxes. I panic and put the computer to sleep. I was shook and turned it back on.

    I checked task manager after turning back on, I dont know what to look for, but there are no unknown active programs, I run a mcafee quick scan and nothing. I've been sitting for about 15 mins at the time of writing this and it hasn't done anything.

    submitted by /u/AnInfantArmy
    [link] [comments]

    144hz monitor setup

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

    Hello. I purchased ASUS VG248QE to connect to my Acer Predator Helios 300.

    Laptop Specs.

    Windows 10 Home Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8750H processor Hexa-core 2.20 GHz Graphics NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6 GB dedicated memory Screen 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 IPS Memory 16 GB, DDR4 SDRAM Storage 512 GB SSD

    I bought a DisplayPort cable because on the laptop specs it says it has a DisplayPort port, but it does not. Pretty upset right now, can anyone give me a way to use this 144hz monitor in 144hz. Thank you.

    Edit: I've tried using my HDMI cable in my house, it doesn't seem to be causing input lag but can only transfer 60hz, or 75hz at 800x600 rez.

    submitted by /u/CudiZonin
    [link] [comments]

    No USB ports detected after reset | Windows 10

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 02:37 PM PST

    I've done a reset of my PC recently and now everything kind of screw up. None of my USB detect my devices and I've discovered that my motherboard driver (MSI X58A-GD45 ATX LGA1366) are not available on Windows 10. Before the clean up, I was perfectly fine running on Windows 10. Anyone have an idea ?

    submitted by /u/youde1932
    [link] [comments]

    I have owned a pc for about a year and recently bought a 4 Terabyte external Hard Drive. Should I do anything to secure it?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 12:35 PM PST

    So far all I have done is plug in the drive to my computer and use it for storage. It is sitting on top of the tower on a little pad so any computer heat doesn't affect it.

    Should I mount it in some way? Is there any danger in the way I am doing it right now? What should I do with it?

    submitted by /u/CA-35
    [link] [comments]

    Got blackmailed!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 10:08 AM PST

    So i was Just Messing around on an chat group and asked for a Channel to stream an anime, so a Guy contacted me and then i told him like what i needed so he sent me 2 links One was "stopify" and the other was a well known mega.nz . So the First dIdNt work and i checked The 2nd... I Wish i never did that... There was f*cking CP! So then He texted me and said he has my ip and my device name... And if i Will not BE sending 200€ to him in this week he would report my ip ti the provider and the authorities for possesing CP (and thats like 20 years of jail) while He has it... So what can i do now? Should i pay him? ( I dont even have all These Money) I know i should have used VPN... And yes i reported the folder... But what should i do? Should i change my IP or send back the phone since i bought it in Amazon... Pls help!!! Edit: I was connected to my cousin's Hotspot so it wasnt my mobile Line should i be concerned about that?

    submitted by /u/retroUkrSoldier
    [link] [comments]

    Flexible automatic stream recording scheduler?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 09:56 AM PST

    A local radio station has a program that plays on the fourth Tuesday of every month. Is there a stream recording scheduler that can do this? I've tried programs for Windows called streamWriter and streamrecorder, without success.

    submitted by /u/Rolf_pfeutzeneutre
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna send an email to every student in my grade but what are the risks of getting caught

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:38 AM PST

    I wanna do a harmless "prank" on the school to test how good they are at securing things like this. So here's my plan

    Create a fake email.

    Then Write a message and send it to a shortcut email that the school already uses to send emails to all the students.

    I just want to know in what ways could I be caught doing this. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/RuniGIE_smh
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering if anyone knows how to password protect an MP3 audio file on mac?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 08:29 AM PST

    I am trying to upload an MP3 file to a website i am working on, however need it to be password protected and only accessible by people with the right password when the link is clicked on... thank you in advance

    (The website is built with Wordpress)

    submitted by /u/slycooper14
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment