• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 5, 2020

    Tech Support - One of my monitors looks really weird and ubuntu wont let me sign in. Thoughts on what it might be?

    Tech Support - One of my monitors looks really weird and ubuntu wont let me sign in. Thoughts on what it might be?


    One of my monitors looks really weird and ubuntu wont let me sign in. Thoughts on what it might be?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:48 PM PST

    [monitors]

    And if you see the image from when I shut off the computer, I was, in fact, on PCPartPicker building a new machine. I'm overdue for an upgrade. But I'd still like my old one to at least limp through until I can afford the upgrade.

    submitted by /u/penny_feral
    [link] [comments]

    Overseas and iPhone is receiving spam text messages

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Not sure if this is the best place for this question but would love help figuring it out.

    I'm from America, use att with an iPhone X with the latest update. I'm currently in Cambodia and have been in se Asia for a couple months now. I've had my phone plan suspended so my SIM card isn't working and I've just been using iMessage when I have WiFi. Just this morning my phone got four text messages, not iMessage, but green text messages from 10 digit numbers like this "0882262888" with Cambodian text. I translated them all and they're just bank loan spam and things like that.

    My question is how is it possible my phone was getting those texts? And even more weird is how did they get my number? I haven't been able to use my phone number for anything, let alone given it out.

    submitted by /u/naturalflavors
    [link] [comments]

    4g vs 5g Cell Band Confusion

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:25 AM PST

    Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this post/question. I have a phone that is 5g capable (one plus 7t pro McClaren) and on T-Mobile which just rolled out "nationwide 5g". When I'm at home I have access to a 5g signal (with both radios on) but it is incredibly slow so I disable the 5g band in the options leaving the 4g band on and it is WAY faster. I have the complete opposite experience at work where I have my 5g band on I get around 100Mbps but my phone only shows 4g while turning the 5g band off still shows the same 4g but i only get 60 Mbps.

    Can someone explain how cell bands work and why this might be happening?

    submitted by /u/brrrrrrrrad
    [link] [comments]

    Best wireless headset?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:46 PM PST

    I'm in the market for a new wireless headset, mainly worrying about quality of the mic. I currently use the Logitech G533, but every time I make a call at work, the client complains that it is picking up too much background noise. Like people 10+ feet away sound like they are on the mic themselves. I've finagled with every setting I can touch to try, but nothing will change the sensitivity to where this is no longer an issue. So, I need to replace it because the shitty ones my work gives just don't cut it either.

    submitted by /u/lineman77
    [link] [comments]

    My Fnatic REACT headset is way too quiet

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I'm looking for volunteers to help me create a simple Android & iPhone app to share essential information for the Australian Bushfires. Can you help?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:22 PM PST

    I am trying to create an offline app to share this Bushfire information which has been collected and curated over the past 2 weeks:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/ee1xub/bushfires_official_information_resources/

    An offline version of this information is necessary because so many people are experiencing disruptions to the cellular networks.

    If you can donate your time to help me create and launch an app (Android + Apple) which simply presents the information in this link in a user-friendly OFFLINE app, please DM me.

    I would like to submit it to the app store within the next 24 hours.

    I'd like a table of contents containing internal hyperlinks, so users can jump quickly to the exact information they are trying to find.

    For each individual link, I'd like an (i) info button to be available which, when pressed, displays a foreground dialogue box with the shortURL as well as the full length URL of the hyperlink target.

    This is a 100% open, voluntary community service project, with absolutely no alterior motive. I have tried my very best to ensure that all information provided is of the highest quality and is supported by fire and health authorities. This project has absolutely no religious, political, environmental, or financial ties.

    If you can help, please let me know ASAP

    Thank you

    OculoDoc

    submitted by /u/OculoDoc
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S10 giving wonky signal strength readings and no reception. Why?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 07:58 PM PST

    It's a defective device that I'm getting replaced. But I was just curious. My signal strength right now is 2147483647 dBM 99 asu. What? I also have no bars.

    submitted by /u/BurrShotFirst1804
    [link] [comments]

    Cell Phone Towers

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 09:18 AM PST

    What kindof information do cellphone towers retain? And is it stored on site in servers or trasnfered to a celluar carriers servers somewhere else?

    submitted by /u/FanstaticPinapples
    [link] [comments]

    Little help

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 12:56 PM PST

    Hello, its my first time building a pc and i dont know weather my selected parts will work together. This is my selection:

    • Amd Ryzen 5 2600 (processor)
    • Corsair Vegeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 DIMM 3000 mHz ( RAM)
    • Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 ( Ssd)
    • NZXT H510 i (case)
    • Cooler Master V750 GOLD (Power supply)
    • Asus ROG STRIX B450-F ( Motherboard)
    • Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1660 PC 6G (Graphics Card)

      If there is some part missing to make a solid gaming pc please tell me aswell. I really hope someone could help me w/ this!

    submitted by /u/ThaRaven935
    [link] [comments]

    Does reddit use algorithms?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:24 AM PST

    It seems that it does. Might be wrong. It probably doesn't help that I use a Google account to log in

    submitted by /u/bflynn14
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to share photos?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Hi,

    I was looking through my "Food" album in my Google photos recently and realized that I had a lot of photos of things I've made over the last decade with slight variations each time (e.g., cheese boards, pizzas, etc.). I've also noticed that I've gotten the same dish at many different restaurants in the area and took pictures each time, so I can see how each place put their spin on things. My question is--if I want to share these publicly, what's the best way to do that in case anyone is interested in seeing these kinds of things. Is that essentially what Instagram is for? Is there a more appropriate platform?

    Also, what's a good approach for actually doing the sharing? Would I create an album in whatever platform, or just keep posting pictures at an interval? And do I just publicize on Facebook, Twitter, etc. my account name so that people can follow if they want?

    Any super-high-level insight into what the best general process for all of this would be is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/phcmyfav
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment