• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 15, 2020

    Tech Support - Need help to trick Google maps location sharing service

    Tech Support - Need help to trick Google maps location sharing service


    Need help to trick Google maps location sharing service

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:35 AM PST

    Hi, My parents want me to share my live location with them (on Google maps ) all the time(I'm 19). I get they care about my protection but this is like literally taking away my privacy. So if there's any of tricking the system, like if I'm at the movies but i want my location to show I'm at college. I hope this makes sense.

    (I use a Samsung J series phone btw) Any help will be highly appreciated please help :-\

    submitted by /u/thushar1234
    [link] [comments]

    Does having 2 devices connected to my wireless bluetooth headphones drain more battery than if 1 were connected?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:44 PM PST

    I have my wireless earbuds setup to both my phone and laptop. 95% of the time I only use them when connected to my laptop, but the headphones always chime in upon powering up "2 devices connected". Does this impact my battery charge on the headphones or no? Would I get better battery out of my headphones if I turned off my phones bluetooth when using them for my laptop?

    submitted by /u/chacer98
    [link] [comments]

    Is it better to get a tech job in San Francisco or Orlando?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 12:18 AM PST

    Tracking device

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Are there tracking devices without any range limits? If yes where can I buy one?

    submitted by /u/soonitwillallbeclean
    [link] [comments]

    Do electronic devices that can detect if someone is concealing a hidden recording device on their person exist ? Or is that just Hollywood style nonsense ?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 04:55 PM PST

    I've seen movies where people are shown using special electronic devices to detect if ( let's say ) a rival spy has a recording device hidden under their clothes , which is why I'm curious as to whether such a thing is Hollywood style hogwash or not ...

    Thanks ahead of time for any answers !

    submitted by /u/Yargoff85
    [link] [comments]

    Can I replace my ISP with a Netgear Nighthawk hotspot router?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:29 AM PST

    Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right sub Reddit for my question. If not can you please direct me to the right one? I'm not a very tech person so I would really love some help. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Pandj10202020
    [link] [comments]

    Need a TV/monitor for watching while laying in bed

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:45 PM PST

    I watch a lot of YouTube, Netflix, movies etc on my phone while laying in bed. I don't have enough room to have a TV across the room like most people do. I want a TV or monitor that can be right in front of me while I'm laying down.

    I know there is arms that extend from walls where the TV is attached. The side of my bed is against a wall. And there is bed tables for eating and laptops. I want to be able to stream from my phone to this display to watch stuff. My questions are,

    What tv/monitor would be ideal for this? Something cheap,

    and how would I stream my phone to the display with no lag? Cable or wireless?

    Which would be better an arm or a bed table?

    submitted by /u/dtek991b
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to access information deeper than normal metadata from a .pdf?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:11 PM PST

    Is it possible to put a bootable operating system on a usb drive and also use that drive like a normal flash drive?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 08:01 PM PST

    I'd like to make a bootable usb flash drive for the tails operating system that is totally self contained on the flash drive, i.e. any system files needed by tails would be stored exclusively on the drive and all user folders and such would also be stored exclusively on the drive. If possible, I'd also like tails to be able to read from and write to my ssd where I have windows installed. The vice versa would be nice as well but is far less important. I'd also like to be able to read and write files to the flash drive from my windows machine (not necessarily files used by tails, i.e. I want some amount of storage I can read and write to freely from windows).

    Is this possible? Would I need to partition the flash drive? I've never partitioned a drive before and I know linux and windows use different file systems, so I'm not sure how I'd go about this or if it would be possible.

    I'd appreciate any advice, thank you kind redditors!

    submitted by /u/_PM_ME_YOUR_ELBOWS
    [link] [comments]

    Segurazo?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Randomly appeared on my pc. Seems suspicious. Can't figure out how to remove it with out getting these sketchy pop ups.

    submitted by /u/BrainDeadBaby
    [link] [comments]

    Why Microsoft can bundle Windows with Edge, but Google can't do the same with Android/Google Chrome?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:39 PM PST

    Today I was reading about Google's case with the European Union, from March people will be able to choose which browser to use. And that reminded me of Microsoft, in the 1990s they had a similar problem, but they keep bundling windows with internet explorer today, and Bing as the default browser, and that left me with the following question: Why Microsoft Can bundle Windows with Edge, but Google can't do the same with Android/Google Chrome?

    submitted by /u/Sakul69
    [link] [comments]

    Are accented characters like "Â" or "ö" read by computers differently than "A" or "o"?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

    Since they are variations, then they are scanned by computers and things as being different from the plain form of the "same" letter, right?

    submitted by /u/3945_50
    [link] [comments]

    Asus Laptop + two monitors

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:01 AM PST

    Hi

    I have bought the Asus ROG Strix GL703GM-E5091T, which is pretty fun. I have hooked it up via HDMI (the laptop has one HDMI port) with a 32" tv. Now... I have a second monitor which I would also like to add to this setup. Can anyone advise me if this is possible? I have tried a splitter (but this just copies the image on the second monitor instead of extending it) as well as a usb-c to hdmi connector (which did nothing at all).

    I have found information that said I can connect two external monitors and I have found information that stated the exact opposite.

    Can anyone help me out here? If no, thanks. If yes, what would be the best way to connect a second screen?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/meveraer
    [link] [comments]

    No $$ limit gaming computer build.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:37 PM PST

    I've been building gaming PC's for a good 15 years now. Mainly for friends and family, I don't make much off them I mainly do it for the experience and I enjoy assembling PC's.

    I have a friend who's bought 3 x $4k+ machines from me over the last 7 years. His youngest daughter is now at the age she wants her own PC so the time has come to pass down all the machines.

    This will be the final machine he will likely buy off me (at least for himself) and he wants to go (quote) 'Fucking balls to the wall! The Full Monty! The whole shebang! No holes barred! '

    He has more money than sense and so is probably likely to drop UP TO $20k AU on this thing.

    So reddit! What are your suggestions for GOD LEVEL EPIC parts? (only condition - no water cooling - he doesn't like it)

    Reason I'm asking is because I put together the highest parts available on my local suppliers list and it just felt like it felt short of what he wants, maxed out at about 8-9k.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Needathrowaway28
    [link] [comments]

    Need back foot entry in ‘Press Reader’

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:31 PM PST

    Looking forward to get a passcode or a series of numbers that can provide me full access to the news portal, 'Press Reader'. Right now I have access to a few publications only.

    Any help/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Pscyked
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless internet extremely slow — thinking phone might have something to do with it

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:12 PM PST

    The landlines were driving us nuts because we only ever got telemarketers and scammers, so we briefly disconnected them and relied on our smartphones instead.

    We've recently had cause to use the landlines again, so we plugged them back in yesterday. One connects through the wireless router. A couple hours after doing so, I noticed web pages take ages to load.

    I tried disconnecting the phone from the router, but that didn't seem to improve anything. I tried unplugging the router and plugging it back in. That didn't work either.

    Sites like Google and results pages load quickly but others take way too long, including the site I use for business.

    I'm at a loss for ideas. This didn't pop up until we plugged the phone back in but unplugging the phone doesn't solve it.

    In layman's terms (I don't know what DNS means 😅), any idea how to troubleshoot this? I'm primarily operating on a MacBook Air if that helps, and I've tried using multiple browsers, emptying the caches, etc.

    I appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/Throwaway-When-Done
    [link] [comments]

    Chromebook vs laptop for intensive internet use?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:56 PM PST

    My i7 4GB RAM laptop just died. Before it died, it was getting bogged down by my intensive internet usage. Even though I used tab managers, the combination of many open tabs (necessary for my work) as well as adblock and other extensions maxed out the memory.

    Now I'm shopping for a new machine. Chromebooks are very cheap, and I don't really use any native/local apps. Is there a high-RAM chromebook out there that could potentially outperform a laptop without the high price tag? thx

    submitted by /u/sachin571
    [link] [comments]

    Is Google More Secure than Apple?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 12:10 PM PST

    This has happened again for Apple, which law enforcement ask Apple to break into a phone of someone who has died / custody. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/apple-refuses-barr-request-to-unlock-pensacola-shooters-iphones.html

    I was wondering if law enforcement hits up Google regarding someone's Android phone, can Google unlock it's phone for lawenforcement?

    submitted by /u/Clean_Tie2
    [link] [comments]

    Do websites that you've already searched and are currently cached in your browser consume the same amount of data as non-cached ones or do they consume less?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 09:03 AM PST

    How are sensors used in creating smart modern work spaces?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 06:57 AM PST

    question in the title... any resources or information on this topic would be really appreciated

    submitted by /u/Al-saif
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment